Many Claim Matthew 25:31-46 Is A Judgement To Enter A Millennium On This Earth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't want to acknowledge
= Logical Fallacy . . . Claims of "intellectual dishonesty" is an Ad Hominem argument, meaning, "To the man". You are not responding to the topic, you are deflecting to tell your stories about me. A better discussion would be to simply engage the topic.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Verse 46) "The Conclusion", The Righteous Enter (Eternal Life) In The "Eternal Kingdom" Presented, The Wicked Enter (Eternal Punishment) In The Lake Of Fire
You need to keep everything in it's context.

Matthew 25:31-34 KJV
31) When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32) And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33) And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34) Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Very plainly, this occurs at Jesus' second coming, and when He comes, He takes a throne, the nations are gathered, and judged.

That the nations are gathered, it means they weren't previously.

The Great White Throne judgment, the dead appear before that throne. I saw the dead, small and great. In this case, it is the nations, and among them are ones declared righteous. So these are not the same.

Much love!

Reactions: Keraz

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And rightly so. All your attacks on Bible doctrines amount to a hill of beans. You have no clue about Bible prophesy therefore you simply bold everything to intimidate those who may not know the truth. But you are another false teacher.
Your claims of intimidation and false teaching are yet more false accusation to add to the list

It appears that you have much opinion without scripture to support your claims

Jesus Is The Lord

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to keep everything in it's context.

Matthew 25:31-34 KJV
31) When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32) And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
34) Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Very plainly, this occurs at Jesus' second coming, and when He comes, He takes a throne, the nations are gathered, and judged.

That the nations are gathered, it means they weren't previously.

The Great White Throne judgment, the dead appear before that throne. I saw the dead, small and great. In this case, it is the nations, and among them are ones declared righteous. So these are not the same.

Much love!
As clearly shown, Matthew 25:31-46 represents a parable of the second coming and final judgement as the OP shows

Your claim this represents (Two Judgements) at different times isnt seen in scripture

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
= Logical Fallacy . . . Claims of "intellectual dishonesty" is an Ad Hominem argument, meaning, "To the man". You are not responding to the topic, you are deflecting to tell your stories about me. A better discussion would be to simply engage the topic.

Much love!
At no time do I claim that your dishonest, with this being false and a direct attack upon me

The topic and your claim was engaged, It's you who is deflecting from the fact that Matthew chapter 25 is presented in "All" parables, as you have stated nothing says the sheep/goats is a parable in "Error"

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As clearly shown, Matthew 25:31-46 represents a parable of the second coming and final judgement as the OP shows

Your claim this represents (Two Judgements) at different times isnt seen in scripture

I've given reasons why I believe this judgment is of the nations, and when Jesus returns. Do you have nothing more specific than "no it's not"?

Much love!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing here says parable. It simply says what will happen. I suggest we receive it exactly that way.

Much love!
Nothing states the sheep/goats is a parable?

Matthew Chapter 25 Represents "All" Parables, your suggestive claim is in error

Just as nothing states Matthew 25:1-13 is a parable in the (Ten Virgins)?

Just as nothing states Matthew 25:14-30 is a parable in (The Talents)?

Just as nothing states Matthew 25:31-46 is a parable in the (sheep/goats)?

(Final Judgement, The End)

(Verse 46) "The Conclusion", The Righteous Enter (Eternal Life) In The "Eternal Kingdom" Presented, The Wicked Enter (Eternal Punishment) In The Lake Of Fire

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At no time do I claim that your dishonest, with this being false and a direct attack upon me

This part:

You don't want to acknowledge the conclusion in Matthew 25:46KJV

You claim that I have preference towards what I do and don't "want to acknowledge". In saying this, you are deflecting the discussion AWAY from the judgment, and ONTO me, and whether I am either choosing by preference what I believe, or whether I am believing what I find to be true, regardless of an previous intellectual disposition.

It's an Ad Hominem in the form of an accusation of intellectual dishonesty, "You don't want to acknowledge . . .", not, you don't think that's true, rather, you don't want it to be true, so you continue to think its not.

Does that help to clarify?

Much love!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This part:

You claim that I have preference towards what I do and don't "want to acknowledge". In saying this, you are deflecting the discussion AWAY from the judgment, and ONTO me, and whether I am either choosing by preference what I believe, or whether I am believing what I find to be true, regardless of an previous intellectual disposition.

It's an Ad Hominem in the form of an accusation of intellectual dishonesty, "You don't want to acknowledge . . .", not, you don't think that's true, rather, you don't want it to be true, so you continue to think its not.

Does that help to clarify?

Much love!
Thanks for your response, I have no intent to bring harm or misrepresentation against you, I disagree with your claims, and will treat you with the utmost sensitivity

Your suggestion that the sheep/goats isnt a parable is in error

Your claim two separate judgements are seen in Matthew 25:31-46 is in error, there is one judgement, and its final, with the sheep/goats being nothing more than a parable of the Great White Throne seen in Revelation 20:11-15

Jesus Is The Lord

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your response, I have no intent to bring harm or misrepresentation against you, I disagree with your claims, and will treat you with the utmost sensitivity

Jesus Is The Lord
LOL! I'm just looking for accuracy and clarity.

Logical fallacies add nothing to a discussion.

Typical, though, you point out someone's logical fallacy, how often do they just double down on it!

:rolleyes:

Do you understand what I'm saying, why I'm calling this ad hominem, why it's a fallacy?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote the verse that says it.

But it's not there.

Much love!
Your suggestion that Matthew 25:31-46 isnt a parable is against the very context of the entire chapter that represents all parables

Why do you suggest that Matthew 25:31-46 in the sheep/goats isnt a parable?

GotQuestions
What is the meaning of the Parable of the Sheep and Goats?

The Parable of the Sheep and Goats is part of the Olivet Discourse. It is found in Matthew 25:31-46. A parable is a short, simple story of comparison. Jesus used parables to teach spiritual truths by means of earthly situations.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you suggest that Matthew 25:31-46 in the sheep/goats isnt a parable?

Matthew 25:1-46 KJV
1) Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2) And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3) They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
4) But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5) While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
6) And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
7) Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8) And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9) But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10) And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11) Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12) But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13) Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

14) For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
15) And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
16) Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
17) And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
18) But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
19) After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
20) And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
21) His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
22) He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
23) His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
24) Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
25) And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26) His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
27) Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28) Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29) For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
30) And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

35) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36) Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37) Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38) When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39) Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41) Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43) I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44) Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45) Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46) And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

There are 3 sections to this chapter, the parable of the virgins, the parable of the talents, and the Sheep/Goats judgment.

In the intro to the parable of the virgins, we see,

Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto

"be likened unto" shows this is a comparison, a simile.

In the intro to the parable of the talents, we see the same thing,

For the kingdom of heaven is as a man

"is as a man", the same thing, this signals a simile is being given, a parable.

In the third section, we see something different,

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit

This is an Indicative statement, declaration. This is not introducing another simile, this is telling us what will happen in prophet narrative.

Much love!

Reactions: Zao is life

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 25:1-46 KJV
1) Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2) And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3) They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
4) But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5) While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
6) And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
7) Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8) And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9) But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10) And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11) Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12) But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13) Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

14) For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
15) And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.
16) Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
17) And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
18) But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
19) After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.
20) And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
21) His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
22) He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
23) His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
24) Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
25) And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26) His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
27) Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28) Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29) For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
30) And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

35) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36) Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37) Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38) When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39) Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41) Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43) I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44) Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45) Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46) And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

There are 3 sections to this chapter, the parable of the virgins, the parable of the talents, and the Sheep/Goats judgment.

In the intro to the parable of the virgins, we see,

Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto

"be likened unto" shows this is a comparison, a simile.

In the intro to the parable of the talents, we see the same thing,

For the kingdom of heaven is as a man

"is as a man", the same thing, this signals a simile is being given, a parable.

In the third section, we see something different,

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit

This is an Indicative statement, declaration. This is not introducing another simile, this is telling us what will happen in prophet narrative.

Much love!
Your claim is in error, in the statement that the sheep/goats isnt a parable

Sheep and Goats are representative of humans that lived, and this a fictitious "Parable" speaking to common people regarding the final judgement seen in Revelation 20:11-15

Are Sheep and Goats going to be literally judged to the lake of fire? "No" it's a fictitious story illustrating a religious teaching of the final judgement

Matthew Chapters 13 & 25 represent parables 100%

Merriam Webster
Definition of parable

: a usually short fictitious story that illustrates a moral attitude or a religious principle

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your claim is in error, in the statement that the sheep/goats isnt a parable

Sheep and Goats are representative of humans that lived, and this a fictitious "Parable" speaking to common people regarding the final judgement seen in Revelation 20:11-15

Are Sheep and Goats going to be literally judged to the lake of fire? "No" it's a fictitious story illustrating a religious teaching of the final judgement

Matthew Chapters 13 & 25 represent parables 100%

Merriam Webster
Definition of parable

: a usually short fictitious story that illustrates a moral attitude or a religious principle
Simply stated, genre is shown in the text.

Much love!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply stated, genre is shown in the text.

Much love!
The word "Genre" has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the sheep and goats is a fictitious story, illustrating a religious principle and teaching

Are sheep and goats going to be literally judged to the lake of fire "No" it's a parable, as is the entire Chapter of Matthew 25

Merriam Webster
Definition of parable

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "Genre" has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the sheep and goats is a fictitious story,
Um . . . actually, the genre of the writing is "prophetic narrative", according to the wording in the Book. Its not fictitious. Jesus said it would happen, and I for one believe Him.

Anyway, we're just going in circles, no need for that!

Much love!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know what this refers to?

Much love!
It's my "opinion" you use the word "Genre" to cancel the word "Parable"

You have not acknowledged that Matthew 25:31-46 is a "Parable"

The sheep and goats is a fictitious story, illustrating a religious principle and teaching

Are sheep and goats going to be literally judged to the lake of fire "No" it's a parable, as is the entire Chapter of Matthew 25

Merriam Webster
Definition of parable