Margaret

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Praying for your beloved Margaret.....sorry you are having problems again Brother.

Once again all you did was ask for prayer...look to God my friend, give everything over to him...In Jesus Name....Amen!!
Thank you so much, your few lines really blesses my spirit, Praise God!

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hate my emotions, ahhh!
Yes, I understand the "push" praying, like WE know better than Him. I have a sister who is kind of like that and I tell her all the time, sis-God knows what to do, or not do. She had years in a name/claim church, and some of it stuck with her and it is annoying as all get out. I do hear you, and "get it". The way I see it is, just a small prayer for those requesting on the prayer forum, and I do not always pray as the requester has asked. If the person is deceiving then it will come out in the wash, God misses nothing, Amen. I don't like hurting people's feelings is what it really boils down to. Guess I'm a coward :doldrums: Your posts do not just go into one ear and out the other, there is truth is what you say brother. And yes, for sure - God is not a genie!
In Him,
Nancy
Nancy please take action to stop the discussion here. If people do not want pray for @My Dreams then they should not. If they do then pray. No discussion like this should be permitted in this sub-forum.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps, this thread does need to be locked as Mel once again is complaining about the prayers that some have prayed concerning his prayer requests. Members who have simply just said, "Praying," are being applauded by Mel, and yet he does not know how they are praying unless these members are PM'ing him with what they are praying for in response to his prayer requests.

Mel is rightly submitting his prayer requests to his brothers in Christ on this forum, yet when they respond as lead by the Holy Spirit, they are Mel's enemies for not doing as he has requested in his prayer requests.

Reactions: Debp

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 4:31-32
31Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you.
It would be nice if this were done in truth instead of just in a post.
The things I have read here could color someones view of @mydreams.
How very sad.
bitterness
wrath
anger
clamor
evilspeaking

Reactions: My Dreams

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I snarfed this from a website link below.
Anyone remember the parable of the persistent neighbor?

Immediately after teaching the disciples to pray the Lord’s Prayer, Jesus told the story of the neighbor who was in need of bread for a visitor (Luke 11:5-10). The disciples had just asked Him to teach them to pray (Luke 11:1), and the lesson He is teaching through this parable is to be persistent in prayer. This is the first of two parables Jesus uses to drive this concept home—the second is the parable of the persistent widow and the unjust judge in Luke 18:1-8. Paul reiterates this same concept in 1 Thessalonians 5:17.

The characters in the story are a villager who is in bed with his family at midnight and a neighbor with a need. Hospitality was a strictly observed custom in the Middle East, and a man caught without bread for a visitor would be in a shameful and desperately needy position. Only such a need would drive a man to his neighbor’s house at midnight. And only such a need would drive the man to this level of persistence. The Greek word translated “boldness” in the NIV and “persistence” in the NASB implies impudence and audacity. This is what Jesus is saying should be our attitude as we approach the throne of grace—a confident boldness that persists in pursuing God until He grants us mercy and grace (Hebrews 4:16).

It further counsels to not be demanding or disrespectful of God

What is the meaning of the Parable of the Friend in Need (Persistent Neighbor)? | GotQuestions.org

So ask away @My Dreams and if it really bothers us to pray for you, maybe we are in the wrong place.

Status
Not open for further replies.