Margaret

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Friends, you can pray for my younger Margaret, that God bless her so that she finds a suitable life partner and get married soon. Also let she get selected for a govt. job.
Being a believer and a girl it's really difficult to find life partner. You can pray let there be some divine work of the Lord in Margaret's life.

Thank you!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Friends, you can pray for my younger Margaret, that God bless her so that she finds a suitable life partner and get married soon. Also let she get selected for a govt. job.
Being a believer and a girl it's really difficult to find life partner. You can pray let there be some divine work of the Lord in Margaret's life.

Thank you!
The best life partner that Marget can find is God. The best work that Marget can find is to do the bidding of the Lord.

Lord, may you include Marget among those whom you are drawing to yourself. In that drawing of Marget, by you, Lord, may she find contentment and peace in her relationship with you, God, and discover the purposes you have for her life as she walks step in step with you as she renews her mind with the knowledge of the Kingdom of God. May her trust increase as you, Lord, guide her and encourage her to be the person that you have always intended her to be. May she blossom such that those around her, value her for her Godly wisdom and generosity, as she spreads your Gospel to those with whom she rubs shoulders with, as she continues in her daily walks with you.

Shalom

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The best life partner that Marget can find is God. The best work that Marget can find is to do the bidding of the Lord.

Lord, may you include Marget among those whom you are drawing to yourself. In that drawing of Marget, by you, Lord, may she find contentment and peace in her relationship with you, God, and discover the purposes you have for her life as she walks step in step with you as she renews her mind with the knowledge of the Kingdom of God. May her trust increase as you, Lord, guide her and encourage her to be the person that you have always intended her to be. May she blossom such that those around her, value her for her Godly wisdom and generosity, as she spreads your Gospel to those with whom she rubs shoulders with, as she continues in her daily walks with you.

Shalom

Good advice and also a wonderful prayer. It's a prayer that is good for each child of God, man or woman.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you!
Praying for Margaret!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Thank you!
Is it really thought God needs our advice on what others should be doing?

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mel, will your family be required to pay a dowry to the prospective groom's family?

Even though the dowry system seems to be outlawed in India now, I have an Indian friend whose family paid a dowry for her to marry her husband. This wasn't that long ago.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but a dowry is different. It's where the bride's family has to pay a groom's family when they marry.
Yes, i am familiar with a dowery. It is illegal yet still prevalent there. Horrid practice.

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Mel, will your family be required to pay a dowry to the prospective groom's family?

Even though the dowry system seems to be outlawed in India now, I have an Indian friend whose family paid a dowry for her to marry her husband. This wasn't that long ago.
We will be giving gifts and other things necessary for a newly weds, as we can but if the groom's family demand more gold jewellery, cash and car we will not be able to provide.
If groom's family make demand it's dowry .

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A simple prayer for your brother would be the kind thing to do, no? Margaret is a Christian so you would be praying God's will in her life as she too is your sister. Just saying Q.T.

I believe that this is a legitimate question that should be asked of My Dreams.

This is the third thread request for a marriage partner for Marget.

In one of those thread I aske this same question as QT and I got hammered by Mel, to the point where the moderators pruned the thread. This is the last post left in that thread.

1696734682854.png

My observation of My Dreams is that when people question his motives as to why he is asking for prayer, he starts a new prayer request for healing because he is feeling unwell or because he believes that he is being attacked.

Even I feel this way when I request prayer that is wrongly motivated. God is questioning my motives and I feel sick that God should be questioning me about this.

My response to Mel's request in this thread can be found in post #2.

I framed my post in this manner because I fear that Marget is under immense pressure to find a husband so that she is no longer a burden on the family or her parents.

It seems logical to some to ask God the hurry this process along for a much sooner "marriage" solution than what God may have planned for Marget.

Perhaps we should be praying for Mel that he learns the appropriate way he should converse with God presenting to God his concerns and worries.

Our pray requests should always be focused on Blessing the person concerned rather than praying for a burden for that person.

Shalom

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that this is a legitimate question that should be asked of My Dreams.

This is the third thread request for a marriage partner for Marget.

In one of those thread I aske this same question as QT and I got hammered by Mel, to the point where the moderators pruned the thread. This is the last post left in that thread.

View attachment 36858

My observation of My Dreams is that when people question his motives as to why he is asking for prayer, he starts a new prayer request for healing because he is feeling unwell or because he believes that he is being attacked.

Even I feel this way when I request prayer that is wrongly motivated. God is questioning my motives and I feel sick that God should be questioning me about this.

My response to Mel's request in this thread can be found in post #2.

I framed my post in this manner because I fear that Marget is under immense pressure to find a husband so that she is no longer a burden on the family or her parents.

It seems logical to some to ask God the hurry this process along for a much sooner "marriage" solution than what God may have planned for Marget.

Perhaps we should be praying for Mel that he learns the appropriate way he should converse with God presenting to God his concerns and worries.

Our pray requests should always be focused on Blessing the person concerned rather than praying for a burden for that person.

Shalom
Yes, I can agree with you on some of this. All I would say to Mel is to petition The Lord for HIS will in HIS time and relax. We all have issues, nobody gets out of bad situations but, God does give us the strength to rise above them or to just plain get through them. We cannot grow without "many tribulations", yet He can get us through each and every one of them with solid trust, not wavering or worrying as, the Christian who is abiding in Him should not have worry, as that is the opposite of faith. I do love Mel and his family very much and will still pray GOD'S will in his prayer requests.
I do not ever want to dampen his spirit or hurt him, just a simple prayer for God's will in his life and for him to be more trusting in The Lord. :)

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, I can agree with you on some of this. All I would say to Mel is to petition The Lord for HIS will in HIS time and relax. We all have issues, nobody gets out of bad situations but, God does give us the strength to rise above them or to just plain get through them. We cannot grow without "many tribulations", yet He can get us through each and every one of them with solid trust, not wavering or worrying as, the Christian who is abiding in Him should not have worry, as that is the opposite of faith. I do love Mel and his family very much and will still pray GOD'S will in his prayer requests.
I do not ever want to dampen his spirit or hurt him, just a simple prayer for God's will in his life and for him to be more trusting in The Lord. :)

Initially, around 2 years ago, I was willing to support Mel in his requests for pray but any request for prayer is a coded message for money as well. This was confirmed by the friend of Mel's who came onto the forum to defend Mel and what he was doing.

My concern is that Mel is asking many people to pray in a manner that is telling God what to do in Mel's case.

This is not my experience with my Nepal friend who sends out prayer requests to many supporters of his in the hope that they will also respond with monetary gifts. He tells us of his hopes and desires and askes us to pray for a successful outcome.

In the Indian Sub-continent asking God for a particular outcome is often referred to as PUSH praying, i.e., Pray Until Something Happens. I asked the pastor who was championing this style of praying, two questions, 1. If God decides to do nothing, has something happened? and 2. If God does what is asked of Him, then who is God, the puppeteer or the puppet?

There is a very thin line which many people step over, often unintentionally, when they are trying to meet a person's prescriptive prayer request. This line is acting God like and telling God what to do. Ending our prayers with the escape clause, "Let it be your will that is done with this prayer request." does not cut it in my opinion.

However, every person has a right to believe whatever they want and to ask whatever they want of others. I know that many western people like to tell God what they want Him to do and then stew/are disappointed about God's lack of response.

Blessing people is something that we all can do, but it requires a conversation with God first, to hear how He requires us to pray appropriately.

Shalom

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Initially, around 2 years ago, I was willing to support Mel in his requests for pray but any request for prayer is a coded message for money as well. This was confirmed by the friend of Mel's who came onto the forum to defend Mel and what he was doing.

My concern is that Mel is asking many people to pray in a manner that is telling God what to do in Mel's case.

This is not my experience with my Nepal friend who sends out prayer requests to many supporters of his in the hope that they will also respond with monetary gifts. He tells us of his hopes and desires and askes us to pray for a successful outcome.

In the Indian Sub-continent asking God for a particular outcome is often referred to as PUSH praying, i.e., Pray Until Something Happens. I asked the pastor who was championing this style of praying, two questions, 1. If God decides to do nothing, has something happened? and 2. If God does what is asked of Him, then who is God, the puppeteer or the puppet?

There is a very thin line which many people step over, often unintentionally, when they are trying to meet a person's prescriptive prayer request. This line is acting God like and telling God what to do. Ending our prayers with the escape clause, "Let it be your will that is done with this prayer request." does not cut it in my opinion.

However, every person has a right to believe whatever they want and to ask whatever they want of others. I know that many western people like to tell God what they want Him to do and then stew/are disappointed about God's lack of response.

Blessing people is something that we all can do, but it requires a conversation with God first, to hear how He requires us to pray appropriately.

Shalom
Interestingly enough, when Jesus teaches us to pray in what we know as 'The Lord's Prayer', Jesus blesses God......even in the later portion ie,
'you forgive us our sins as we forgive others......' you lead us not into temptation', you deliver us from evil' etc
The pronoun 'you' is totally permissible in the greek. In my view it gives a better and a consistent image of God. It shifts the attention from our 'gimmie, gimmie, gimme' attitude to blessing God for his generosity.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Initially, around 2 years ago, I was willing to support Mel in his requests for pray but any request for prayer is a coded message for money as well. This was confirmed by the friend of Mel's who came onto the forum to defend Mel and what he was doing

I have "known" Mel from Worthy forum since 2017. His first prayer request I answered was about him coming to the USA and for us to pray for finances.

For six years the prayer requests are all in a similar vein. Yet when I sincerely inquired about how his vegetable shop is going, he doesn't want to answer me. :(

My Dreams

Feb 22, 2020
Raipur
Faith
Christian
Country
India

Shalom
You know, Jay Ross, enemy is using you so you are appearing here again & again with all your thoughts. I have told you many times I donot like your words and thoughts you should stop this. You should have some courtesy.

Reactions: Ritajanice
Status
Not open for further replies.