MARK 1:4 JOHN'S BAPTISM

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
why don't we just talk about something else instead ok, I've made the vv quite plain and wadr what you are asking me to do is kind of like rub your nose in them or something, from my perspective. I understand if you don't want to acknowledge there is only one immortal, no one has ever gone up to heaven, no Son of Man may die for another's sins here to me in this forum, so maybe discuss them with your pastor, or keep ignoring them even, ok by me ok, there is no judgement for beliefs, and I am not judging you either. The priest must break up Nehushtan, and i am not your priest right, I am just a priest, like you.

1) I have apparently come late to the discussion because I do not recall your actual posting of the Book, chapter and verse of any of your points. How would plain standard speech and clearly stating your points with the customary citations be to "rub one's nose" in anything? I "acknowledge" the truth of Scripture. Period. I might argue against what I feel is a false interpretation of it, however. In your first point, I'm assuming that you are speaking of 1Tim. 6:16? Being "immortal" is the opposite of "mortal" (which means we, as mortals, can die). God is the only One whose life could never be in jeopardy, because He has never been mortal. He has always been immortal and He will always be immortal. He, at no point, could have died.

2) "no one has ever gone up to heaven" is, I assume your way of citing of John 3:13. A more accurate Greek to English translation, in the sense that it was intended, should read, "No one has ever gone up to heaven and returned." Jesus, in saying this, was citing His deity. John the Apostle often was preoccupied with the theme of Jesus' deity in both his gospel and in his epistles.

3) "no son of man may die for another's sins" You are fabricating a polemic from what I assume are some OT passages on which you are basing it. There are several OT passages which speak of each of we mortal human beings bearing the responsibility for our own sin . While it is true that no ordinary mortal human can die to take away the sins of another, that does not preclude God, in human flesh, as the "Lamb of God who takes away sin," from taking on the sins of those who put their trust in Him. I do not need to discuss any of your ramblings with my pastor because only an immature believer would be shaken by any of your "interpretations". Until I made a point of actually trying to decipher your posts, I wasn't even sure what you were insinuating. I didn't ignore them, I was just waiting for you to articulate them clearly--which you still haven't done.

4) You are not a priest unless you are a member of the Body--the Bride of Christ. If you have not been "born from above" you are not a member of the Body (see Romans 8:9) and are thus, not a priest. You still have not stated what you believe "Nehushtan" to be in your application.

Last edited:

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm thinking that is still preferable to ending up in the pit dug for others, ok, bc wadr our opinions here are not even relevant imo. Scripture is.

So I mean no offense ok, but I Quote Scripture and you want to tell me what you don't like?

If you are so into Scripture, why don't you let it speak for itself instead of putting your particular spin on it?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wadr imo what you really wish is that those vv were not in your Bible lol

Laughing back at you. There is not one word of the Bible which I do not completely affirm. By the way, I thought it was your Bible too. Those first two verses are indeed in the Bible, the last one is not. Your interpretation is faulty in the case of the first two verses. In the case of the last one, you are completely ignorant of what penal substitutionary atonement is, so I guess you'll need to go and find out. The devil knows Scripture like the back of his hand--but what he does is distort the meaning.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1) I have apparently come late to the discussion because I do not recall your actual posting of the Book, chapter and verse of any of your points. How would plain standard speech and clearly stating your points with the customary citations be to "rub one's nose" in anything? I "acknowledge" the truth of Scripture. Period. I might argue against what I feel is a false interpretation of it, however. In your first point, I'm assuming that you are speaking of 1Tim. 6:16? Being "immortal" is the opposite of "mortal" (which means we, as mortals, can die). God is the only One whose life could never be in jeopardy, because He has never been mortal. He has always been immortal and He will always be immortal. He, at no point, could have died.

2) "no one has ever gone up to heaven" is, I assume your way of citing of John 3:13. A more accurate Greek to English translation, in the sense that it was intended, should read, "No one has ever gone up to heaven and returned." Jesus, in saying this, was citing His deity. John the Apostle often was preoccupied with the theme of Jesus' deity in both his gospel and in his epistles.

3) "no son of man may die for another's sins" You are fabricating a polemic from what I assume are some OT passages on which you are basing it. There are several OT passages which speak of each of we mortal human beings bearing the responsibility for our own sin . While it is true that no ordinary mortal human can die to take away the sins of another, that does not preclude God, in human flesh, as the "Lamb of God who takes away sin," from taking on the sins of those who put their trust in Him. I do not need to discuss any of your ramblings with my pastor because only an immature believer would be shaken by any of your "interpretations". Until I made a point of actually trying to decipher your posts, I wasn't even sure of what you were insinuating. I didn't ignore them, I was just waiting for you to articulate them clearly--which you still haven't done.

4) You are not a priest unless you are a member of the Body--the Bride of Christ. If you have not been "born from above" you are not a member of the Body (see Romans 8:9) and are thus, not a priest. You still have not stated what you believe "Nehushtan" to be.

Hi Lady C..
"Nehushtan"
He is speaking of the bronze serpent on a pole spoken of in the books of the Kings. When God told Moses to make it, the Israelite's, if they looked upon it, their lives would be spared.
Here is a bible dictionary's definition of it:

Nehushtan
of copper; a brazen thing a name of contempt given to the serpent Moses had made in the wilderness ( Numbers 21:8 ), and which Hezekiah destroyed because the children of Israel began to regard it as an idol and "burn incense to it." The lapse of nearly one thousand years had invested the "brazen serpent" with a mysterious sanctity; and in order to deliver the people from their infatuation, and impress them with the idea of its worthlessness, Hezekiah called it, in contempt, "Nehushtan," a brazen thing, a mere piece of brass ( 2 Kings 18:4 ).

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
See but in a diff thread you will argue quite vociferously that Jesus was God, right, and so now you have God "agonizing" over what He already knows the end of, and other illogical concepts that Scripture even refutes, only we can't discuss the Scriptures I guess. Ok. But they aren't going away, ok, no Son of Man may die for another's sins might get scribed out in English, almost gone now, but Lex is not going anywhere I guess. They will still be there waiting when you are ready, and I do not judge you nor feel superior to you over this difference in our beliefs about what might happen after baptism or literal death, whichever comes first

You still have not given the proper citation of your pet point, bbyrd.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Lady C..
"Nehushtan"
He is speaking of the bronze serpent on a pole spoken of in the books of the Kings. When God told Moses to make it, the Israelite's, if they looked upon it, their lives would be spared.
Here is a bible dictionary's definition of it:

Nehushtan
of copper; a brazen thing a name of contempt given to the serpent Moses had made in the wilderness ( Numbers 21:8 ), and which Hezekiah destroyed because the children of Israel began to regard it as an idol and "burn incense to it." The lapse of nearly one thousand years had invested the "brazen serpent" with a mysterious sanctity; and in order to deliver the people from their infatuation, and impress them with the idea of its worthlessness, Hezekiah called it, in contempt, "Nehushtan," a brazen thing, a mere piece of brass ( 2 Kings 18:4 ).

I understood exactly what he was referring to, I just wasn't sure what he was insinuating about me.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm thinking that is still preferable to ending up in the pit dug for others, ok, bc wadr our opinions here are not even relevant imo. Scripture is.

So I mean no offense ok, but I Quote Scripture and you want to tell me what you don't like?

No offense taken. You do not quote Scripture properly and your opinions are based on your ignorance of what Scripture is teaching. Scripture actually interprets itself--no need for your distorted "interpretations".

Last edited:

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No one has ever gone up to heaven
There is only One Immortal

and if you don't know exactly which vv I am referring to, just say so ok

I did and you did not answer so I made some assumptions about your pet passages. There are lots of lines in Scripture which must be interpreted in the light of all other Scripture. And they all are under the teaching authority of the indwelt Holy Spirit. If you don't have the Holy Spirit dwelling within you, not only are you still lost (see Romans 8:9), but you won't be able to properly interpret Scripture (see 1 John 2:27).

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I did and you did not answer so I made some assumptions about your pet passages. There are lots of lines in Scripture which must be interpreted in the light of all other Scripture. And they all are under the teaching authority of the indwelt Holy Spirit. If you don't have the Holy Spirit dwelling within you, not only are you still lost (see Romans 8:9), but you won't be able to properly interpret Scripture (see 1 John 2:27).
gotta run LC, you say you did but I don't know where, and idc anymore, ok?
if you would like to point us to it then fine, we can go from there

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
of course you did, at length, right
only who can quote it?

I spent as much time on it as warranted. I cited the book, chapter and verse. Do you have a Bible? Are you able look up the passages? If not, I will post them for you with the points I made in opposition to your interpretations.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
gotta run LC, you say you did but I don't know where, and idc anymore, ok?
if you would like to point us to it then fine, we can go from there

Of course you don't care anymore. You are devoid of buyers for your opinions.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I spent as much time on it as warranted. I cited the book, chapter and verse. Do you have a Bible? Are you able look up the passages? If not, I will post them for you with the points I made in opposition to your interpretations.
I did not interpret anything LC, i just Quoted ok.
Bam go with your leading there at the top of the page if that serves you better than the Scriptures do

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I did not interpret anything LC, i just Quoted ok.
Bam go with your leading there at the top of the page if that serves you better than the Scriptures do

You obviously were implying something--else why post them? All Scripture is interpreted--apparently even by you--but you impose your own disbelief on them.