MARK 1:4 JOHN'S BAPTISM

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For anyone else, a google of "Jesus did not die for your sins" might have the odd whacko in it, but for the most part these witnesses are trying to illuminate a better perspective of Christ, and what's even better I am out of the equation! :D

B.S. They are not "witnesses".

Those who wrote the New Testament were or they knew people who were eye-witnesses to the revelations and events in the life of the Messiah. They spoke truth at the risk of martyrdom.

Your Johnny-come-latelys are making things up and are promoting the doctrines of demons.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and no hard feelings I hope, LC. We have limited means for expression via typing at each other, and I understand that you are just seeking to make your points. Fwiw you might notice that I can get any of them in any mainline "church" in like one Solday, not saying that they are not a good place to start though ok.

Condescension? Gee whiz, how surprising.

Last edited:

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
why assume? Assume, don't assume, doesn't matter, see, it is only Written in one place, and I am not asking you what it means, either. And I am not saying what it means, also, for pretty much the same reason; you can read, or you cannot

I had to make some assumptions if I was going to reply to you at all--since you refuse to engage the subject after posting your verses taken out of context. I can read--but, I can also reason and hold more than one or two bits of Scripture in my mind at the same time. No wonder you can't believe--you fill your mind with nonsense from unbelievers.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Once again, only Written in one place, and not asking your opinion wadr. Fwiw I don't see "and returned" anywhere, John 3:13 Lexicon: "No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven: the Son of Man., and I would be finding where you are to become Elohim myself, or barring that maybe figure out where Enoch went at least, bc now you know he did not go up to heaven right

Technically, in Hebraic thought, Enoch and Elijah went to the Bosom of Abraham--Paradise. But, for all intents and purposes, Enoch was taken directly into heaven without dying. That is the reason why some feel that he will be one of the Two Witnesses--because Hebrews 9:27 tells us that we only die once and then the judgment.

Reactions: Nancy

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It means it's made up crap, is what it means. Add to the Book all you like ok, subtract from it, move the pieces around like a puzzle, doesn't matter, "and returned" is not in There, and was not intended that I can discern, except by fakers trying to deceive seekers I guess

You have incredible arrogance for one who is so ignorant.

There are two kinds of Bible translations: Word-for-word, such as the New American Standard, which is considered to be one of the finest Greek to English translations. And there are dynamic translations which go for the meaning rather than the often awkward syntax of word-for-word translations. When studying a passage, it is wise to study a variety of translations. No one is adding to or taking away from the Bible--they are merely trying to make the Scriptures more accessible to more people. It is done with complete reverence for the word of God by many devoted scholars.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and no hard feelings I hope, LC. We have limited means for expression via typing at each other, and I understand that you are just seeking to make your points. Fwiw you might notice that I can get any of them in any mainline "church" in like one Solday, not saying that they are not a good place to start though ok. Nothing wrong with Nehushtan worship nor seeking immortality and going up to heaven after you have died, obv I would love to go up to heaven myself, and to become an immortal myself!

Well, gee--why would I have "hard feelings" about being called a Mithraist and an idolator who worships a brass snake.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have incredible arrogance for one who is so ignorant.

There are two kinds of Bible translations: Word-for-word, such as the New American Standard, which is considered to be one of the finest Greek to English translations. And there are dynamic translations which go for the meaning rather than the often awkward syntax of word-for-word translations. When studying a passage, it is wise to study a variety of translations. No one is adding to or taking away from the Bible--they are merely trying to make the Scriptures more accessible to more people. It is done with complete reverence for the word of God by many devoted scholars.

Mine are the NIV, KJV and the NASB. I used to have a paraphrased bible a long time ago I wish I still had, The Living Bible it was titled. Yes, I agree having more than one translation helps loads.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mine are the NIV, KJV and the NASB. I used to have a paraphrased bible a long time ago I wish I still had, The Living Bible it was titled. Yes, I agree having more than one translation helps loads.

The NIV (the older one--the new NIV was NOT an improvement) is thought to be the best Hebrew to English for the OT. The KJV has a few problems but it is excellent for memorizing the commonly cited Scripture verses. The NASB is a word-for-word and is a very good translation of the Greek to English of the NT but is very awkward (and even confusing on the Paulian Epistles) when you try to read it aloud. The New Living Translation is one of my favorites for quoting because it is in plain English--much as we would speak. The scholars who did the translation, tried very hard to convey the intent of the words. Only real translations should be used--not paraphrases. Paraphrases usually do a fair bit of violence to the text of the Scriptures. One that is used a lot (and which I detest, because of the liberty Eugene Peterson took, in writing it) is The Message. I have done a test of many favorite passages and find The Message changes many verses in a fundamental way. I would stay away from it. Rick Warren loves The Message which should tell you why you should avoid it. I thank God that it seems to be falling out of favor.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The NIV (the older one--the new NIV was NOT an improvement) is thought to be the best Hebrew to English for the OT. The KJV has a few problems but it is excellent for memorizing the commonly cited Scripture verses. The NASB is a word-for-word and is a very good translation of the Greek to English of the NT but is very awkward (and even confusing on the Paulian Epistles) when you try to read it aloud. The New Living Translation is one of my favorites for quoting because it is in plain English--much as we would speak. The scholars who did the translation, tried very hard to convey the intent of the words. Only real translations should be used--not paraphrases. Paraphrases usually do a fair bit of violence to the text of the Scriptures. One that is used a lot (and which I detest, because of the liberty Eugene Peterson took, in writing it) is The Message. I have done a test of many favorite passages and find The Message changes many verses in a fundamental way. I would stay away from it. Rick Warren loves The Message which should tell you why you should avoid it. I thank God that it seems to be falling out of favor.

Yes, they take many liberties with the paras. And, the Pauline Epistles acan be confusing to begin with! Lol.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm curious if you read anything yet that you have a problem with, leaving the judgement by appearances aside for now?
I was only speaking in general about questionable sites, I did not say that one was and, I had no problem with that site. I find it interesting and making me think about these things that I've not given much thought to before.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I was only speaking in general about questionable sites, I did not say that one was and, I had no problem with that site. I find it interesting and making me think about these things that I've not given much thought to before.
ok now understand that to some fundie you are now a heretic, bound for hell, and prolly possessed too
lol