MARK 1:4 JOHN'S BAPTISM

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
In your first point, I'm assuming that you are speaking of 1Tim. 6:16? Being "immortal" is the opposite of "mortal" (which means we, as mortals, can die). God is the only One whose life could never be in jeopardy, because He has never been mortal. He has always been immortal and He will always be immortal. He, at no point, could have died.
why assume? Assume, don't assume, doesn't matter, see, it is only Written in one place, and I am not asking you what it means, either. And I am not saying what it means, also, for pretty much the same reason; you can read, or you cannot

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
2) "no one has ever gone up to heaven" is, I assume your way of citing of John 3:13. A more accurate Greek to English translation, in the sense that it was intended, should read, "No one has ever gone up to heaven and returned." Jesus, in saying this, was citing His deity. John the Apostle often was preoccupied with the theme of Jesus' deity in both his gospel and in his epistles.
Once again, only Written in one place, and not asking your opinion wadr. Fwiw I don't see "and returned" anywhere, John 3:13 Lexicon: "No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven: the Son of Man., and I would be finding where you are to become Elohim myself, or barring that maybe figure out where Enoch went at least, bc now you know he did not go up to heaven right

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
3) "no son of man may die for another's sins" You are fabricating a pol
and so it's just going to continue on like this indefinitely, right, you strenuously avoiding the point that was so obvious I did not even have to provide an opinion or interpretation to get started, see, and now I'm "fabricating" rather than Quoting Scripture.

Last edited:

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and so it's just going to continue on like this indefinitely, right, you strenuously avoiding the point that was so obvious I did not even have to provide an opinion or interpretation to get started, see, and now I'm "fabricating" rather than Quoting Scripture.

Book, chapter and verse, please.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Once again, only Written in one place, and not asking your opinion wadr. Fwiw I don't see "and returned" anywhere, John 3:13 Lexicon: "No one has ascended into heaven, but He who descended from heaven: the Son of Man., and I would be finding where you are to become Elohim myself, or barring that maybe figure out where Enoch went at least, bc now you know he did not go up to heaven right

Check the NLT--it is a dynamic translation. Go and find out what that means.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
why assume? Assume, don't assume, doesn't matter, see, it is only Written in one place, and I am not asking you what it means, either. And I am not saying what it means, also, for pretty much the same reason; you can read, or you cannot

bbyrd, why are you here? Is it just to try to confuse people?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Check the NLT--it is a dynamic translation. Go and find out what that means.
It means it's made up crap, is what it means. Add to the Book all you like ok, subtract from it, move the pieces around like a puzzle, doesn't matter, "and returned" is not in There, and was not intended that I can discern, except by fakers trying to deceive seekers I guess

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Book, chapter and verse, please.
I'll pass, ty, centurion. It's the one you already know in Isaiah, an archaic rendering, and I would prefer to continue to allow you to hang on to Jesus as a Sacrifice for your sins for now, lest you be held responsible, ok. When your ego is not driving here it will be apparent, and we can maybe move on

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
For anyone else, a google of "Jesus did not die for your sins" might have the odd whacko in it, but for the most part these witnesses are trying to illuminate a better perspective of Christ, and what's even better I am out of the equation! :D

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Ok I take it back, a lot of changes in that search in just the past couple years, that have pushed the good ones off the page I guess, being as how the RCC and CBN prolly pay for placement and all, so imo avoid those and go for the little home-made ones, whatever feels right to you though,
Jesus Did Not Die on the Cross For Our Sins
is the only one left on pg 1 that I would bother with myself

and since that might come as a bit of a shock I'll say that Christ died "for" my sins, bc I even remember killing Him when I found the world, and that should not be so hard to contemplate I guess

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok I take it back, a lot of changes in that search in just the past couple years, that have pushed the good ones off the page I guess, being as how the RCC and CBN prolly pay for placement and all, so imo avoid those and go for the little home-made ones, whatever feels right to you though,

and since that might come as a bit of a shock I'll say that Christ died "for" my sins, bc I even remember killing Him when I found the world, and that should not be so hard to contemplate I guess

Ha! That is the site I initially chose.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
bbyrd, why are you here? Is it just to try to confuse people?
and no hard feelings I hope, LC. We have limited means for expression via typing at each other, and I understand that you are just seeking to make your points. Fwiw you might notice that I can get any of them in any mainline "church" in like one Solday, not saying that they are not a good place to start though ok. Nothing wrong with Nehushtan worship nor seeking immortality and going up to heaven after you have died, obv I would love to go up to heaven myself, and to become an immortal myself!

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and no hard feelings I hope, LC. We have limited means for expression via typing at each other, and I understand that you are just seeking to make your points. Fwiw you might notice that I can get any of them in any mainline "church" in like one Solday, not saying that they are not a good place to start though ok. Nothing wrong with Nehushtan worship nor seeking immortality and going up to heaven after you have died, obv I would love to go up to heaven myself, and to become an immortal myself!

According to the Scriptures, there is something VERY wrong with Nehushtan worship. 2 Kings 18:4--->“He [Hezekiah] removed the high places and broke the pillars and cut down the Asherah. And he broke in pieces the bronze serpent that Moses had made, for until those days the people of Israel had made offerings to it (it was called Nehushtan).” Hezekiah was one of the few righteous kings of Judah (the Northern Kingdom of Israel had none). He opposed idolatry and broke up the bronze serpent because the people were worshiping it. Resurrection is, in the Bible, the putting off of mortality and the putting on of immortality. By the way, that link you provided on Beliefnet is written by a female psychologist (so we already know she is an idolator). The heresy there is subtle but it is there. She is wrong because she doesn't know what she thinks she knows and she knows little of the Bible.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'll pass, ty, centurion. It's the one you already know in Isaiah, an archaic rendering, and I would prefer to continue to allow you to hang on to Jesus as a Sacrifice for your sins for now, lest you be held responsible, ok. When your ego is not driving here it will be apparent, and we can maybe move on

And I'm to let your ego drive? No, thank you.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Then what do you think I was implying? I can't think of any implications that I meant to forward, imo the Scripture speaks quite clearly for Itself there

Not without the other Scriptures that enter into the theology Jesus was presenting.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It means it's made up crap, is what it means. Add to the Book all you like ok, subtract from it, move the pieces around like a puzzle, doesn't matter, "and returned" is not in There, and was not intended that I can discern, except by fakers trying to deceive seekers I guess

The NLT has a lot of scholarship behind it. What you have is a load of wild speculation. You don't even know what you are talking about most of the time--and certainly no one else does. And which translation do you think is so wonderful? Because I can poke holes in that too.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

What unbelievable arrogance for you to think that you have ANY power over what I think! And furthermore, you are being a jerk for calling me "centurion". By the way, not all Roman soldiers practiced Mithraism. Quite a number of them who were assigned to Judea, became "God-fearers" and even more became believers in Jesus after the Resurrection.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

The woman who wrote that article is an ignorant fool--I wouldn't trust anything she has to say--even the most innocuous-seeming statement.