MARK 6:3 DID JESUS HAVE BROTHERS AND SISTERS ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not a cute answer, the Bible is not cute.
Men are imperfect and fallible.
The answer to your question is The Bible.
Only the Bible is inerrant, divinely authoritative word, that was written for mankind's instruction and only The Bible is God-inspired/ & Holy scripture.
Soooooo no answer from you yet........you are right in your interpretation and they are wrong???

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No....Why do you ask?
Don't tell me....You are ignorant of urban vocabulary and interjections?
Or.....Your just being cute as a button with that statement just like all your other statements....really cute....no substance.
Yes my answer is too simple for your religious palate - "the bible", being my answer is foolishness to you. But none the less, the the answer is The Bible, not men, not traditions of men, not writings of men.

1Cor 1:27 " 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise ; GOD chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 He chose the Lowly and Despised things of the world, and the things that are not, to nullify the things that are,…

Matt 18:3 "3“Truly I tell you,” He said, “unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. "

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes my answer is too simple for your religious palate - "the bible", being my answer is foolishness to you. But none the less, the the answer is The Bible, not men, not traditions of men, not writings of men.

1Cor 1:27 " 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise ; GOD chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 He chose the Lowly and Despised things of the world, and the things that are not, to nullify the things that are,…

Matt 18:3 "3“Truly I tell you,” He said, “unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. "
You already said....and I quote...."Men are imperfect and fallible."

Soooooo why are YOU infallible in this matter? Why should I listen to anything you say??

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What man did you decide was perfect enough to give you YOUR 66 books of that infallible word you keep quoting from?

Patient and simple Mary

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You already said....and I quote...."Men are imperfect and fallible."

Soooooo why are YOU infallible in this matter? Why should I listen to anything you say??

Curious Mary
You listen to your Papal religion of men, you take in their teachings , that is your problem.
The Bible is the answer.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You listen to your Papal religion of men, you take in their teachings , that is your problem.
The Bible is the answer.
And you listen to you and what the men of the Reformation taught.......sooooo we are not that much different.....we both listen to other men.

Which bible? 66 or 73? Which fallible man gave you your 66?

Only difference is I accept 2,000 years of teaching.....you accept 500 years of teaching.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What man did you decide was perfect enough to give you YOUR 66 books of that infallible word you keep quoting from?

Patient and simple Mary
You're not patient and you are not simple. You think yourself too wise and chosen because of the religious traditions of men you follow.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you listen to you and what the men of the Reformation taught.......sooooo we are not that much different.....we both listen to other men.

Only difference is I accept 2,000 years of teaching.....you accept 500 years of teaching.
No you follow the RC cult of Mary- that's why you call yourself Marymog.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not patient and you are not simple. You think yourself too wise and chosen because of the religious traditions of men you follow.
Hmmmmm......someone is failing to fulfill what Scripture asks of us: be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you follow the RC cult of Mary- that's why you call yourself Marymog.
You failed again....would you like another try?

Mary

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. It's not a matter of arguing about the meaning of words. It's a matter of context. The OP is right. From the context, discussion, and topic at hand in Scripture, anyone can clearly see when the Word is speaking of Jesus' siblings compared to his believers.
Hello
I agree.....sometimes I think that it is useful to go to the meaning of Biblical words....but sometimes more can be gained by believing them.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Witnesses are explained in Hebrews 11:2-38;
They testify to the Word of God
Revelation?
In your dreams...
Yup - witnesses can SEE and HEAR us as we are told in Heb. 12:1.
They take our prayers to God as wee are told in Rev. 5:8.

Study your Bible . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lies of your religion again. Well of course the RCC will deny it fiercely because it's their bread & butter, the house of cards , their whole pray to Mary the heavenly virgin myth falls apart if they agree the Bible states Jesus had brothers & sisters born from Mary & husband Joseph.
Can you show me WHERE the Bible "states" this??

I didn't think so . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Published by Watchtower Bible and Tract Society
Go ahead, try to separate them.

Ya know, I think you are a Jehovah's Witness.
Ya know, you're not very bright if you think I'm a Jehovah's witness.

As for your first idiotic comment in RED - I wasn't trying to "separate" anything. I was correcting you on your ignorance of their Bible translation (NWT), which you incorrectly referred to as "Watchtower".

Do your homework next time and I won't have to correct you . . .

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup - witnesses can SEE and HEAR us as we are told in Heb. 12:1.
They take our prayers to God as wee are told in Rev. 5:8.

Study your Bible . . .
Hebrews 12:1 is refering to the "DEAD" saints in the proceding chapter 11. the DEAD no NOTHING. expecially see, nor hear.

PICJAG.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 12:1 is refering to the "DEAD" saints in the proceding chapter 11. the DEAD no NOTHING. expecially see, nor hear.

PICJAG.
That's why I showed the CONTEXT of Heb. 12:1 by referring to Rev. 5:8, which shows those in Heaven TAKING our prayers to God (interceding).

YOUR problem - as is ALWAYS the problem with anti-Catholics - is that you cherry-pick Scripture. You are afraid of reading it in its proper context because it would destroy MANY of your false beliefs . . .

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's why I showed the CONTEXT of Heb. 12:1 by referring to Rev. 5:8, which shows those in Heaven TAKING our prayers to God (interceding).

YOUR problem - as is ALWAYS the problem with anti-Catholics - is that you cherry-pick Scripture. You are afraid of reading it in its proper context because it would destroy MANY of your false beliefs . . .
Prayers of DEAD saints. Revelation 5:8 "And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four [and] twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

My Mother prayed, as well as Grandmother and father and many, many other saints which are DEAD now, and some alive. yes God answer prayes, and thank God for those praying saint. likewise my prayers are there for others whom I know not, for we pray for children whom I no not but still pray for them.

so the prayers of the saints here proves nothing of what your talking about, for the Holy Ghost interceds for us right now.

second if you think that those prayers are dead saints now, ERROR. as said the DEAD prayed before they died. scripture,

1 Corinthians 15:33 "Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
1 Corinthians 15:34 "Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak [this] to your shame.

let's see about the dead,
1 Corinthians 15:12 "Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
1 Corinthians 15:13 "But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
1 Corinthians 15:14 "And if Christ be not risen, then [is] our preaching vain, and your faith [is] also vain.
1 Corinthians 15:15 "Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.
1 Corinthians 15:16 "For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
1 Corinthians 15:17 "And if Christ be not raised, your faith [is] vain; ye are yet in your sins.
1 Corinthians 15:18 "Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
1 Corinthians 15:19 "If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
1 Corinthians 15:20 "But now is Christ risen from the dead, [and] become the firstfruits of them that slept.
1 Corinthians 15:21 "For since by man [came] death, by man [came] also the resurrection of the dead.
1 Corinthians 15:22 "For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1 Corinthians 15:23 "But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

THOSE IN CHRIST SLEEP, AND THEY ARE NOT IN HEAVEN. THEY WILL NOT AWAKE UNTIL JESUS COME, SUPPORTIVE SCRIPTURE,

1 Thessalonians 4:16 "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: THIS IS WHEN HE COME "from" HEAVEN

The dead have no ears to hear, nor eyes to see UNTILL HE COME.

so try again.

PICJAG.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you show me WHERE the Bible "states" this??
I didn't think so . . .
You have turned away from the truth, lead by a deceiving , prideful counterfeit of Christianity. We, me and others have been through this many times with you. You deny the scriptures because of the counterfeit religion you belong to that created it's own man made Rc doctrines, Mary worship dogma & false traditions sets itself up as having a divine authority as equal to the Bible & Christ's authority.

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi