MARK 6:3 DID JESUS HAVE BROTHERS AND SISTERS ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That contradicts Scripture. Which is one of your favorite sports.
no, that confirm scripture. and as for sport, the ball is in your court, please by scripture, post who is the the Lord Jesus biological mother and father, you can try to punt that ball if you wish....... :eek:

PICJAG.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mt 1:25 Joseph knew not Mary...until after the birth of Jesus.
They got busy like any married couple would.

Reactions: 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many simple Scriptures are not believed in favor of Systematic Theologies.

Much love!
Systematic Theology is based on simple scripture.
A. the one mentioned and B. Luke 3:23 "And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was [the son] of Heli".

the bible states out of the mouth of two or more witness let the truth be establish. if Systematic Theology ignore the bible then it must be ignored.

PICJAG.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're the one that referred to it as a game saying "game set match"
You play games continually in your comments & think yourself quite clever because of it. It is quite sad.
Hi tzcho,

Relax kiddo'....."game set match" is a common idiom. It has nothing to do with us playing a real game. :rolleyes:

But I suspect you already knew that and you are just feigning an affront. ;)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi tzcho,

Relax kiddo'....."game set match" is a common idiom. It has nothing to do with us playing a real game. :rolleyes:

o_O

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When did the RCC's teaching become more of an authority than the scriptures?
Your teaching, that you adopted from the Reformers of the Reformers, says Mary had children. Using Scripture name those children and/or show me the passage that says she had children.

Patient Mary

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your teaching, that you adopted from the Reformers of the Reformers, says Mary had children. Using Scripture name those children and/or show me the passage that says she had children.

Patient Mary
Show me a passage that says she didn't.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi tzcho,

Again you are way off. It's obvious by your tone that you treat it like a game , by mocking, disrespect & being disingenous. I've come to expect it.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Systematic Theology is based on simple scripture.
A. the one mentioned and B. Luke 3:23 "And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was [the son] of Heli".

the bible states out of the mouth of two or more witness let the truth be establish. if Systematic Theology ignore the bible then it must be ignored.

PICJAG.

I'm missing your conclusion here.

I'm talking about various systematic theologies that people hold, formed from portions of Scripture, and used to interpret other portions of Scripture. Not always, certainly, but certainly some times, systematic theologies are allowed to imprint their ideas onto passages that don't contain those ideas.

I can be more clear on how this relates to the discussion but again I'm not sure your point in posting this passage.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is Scripture only calls her a virgin and does not call ANYONE in the NT her child except Jesus.....You accept the 500 teachings of Protestant men. I accept the 2,000 year teaching of Scripture and The Church.

I accept the 2000 year old teaching of Scripture, and we all need to be certain that what our pastors tell us agrees with Scripture, whether they are from 1999 years ago, or 1 year ago.

Much love!
mark

Reactions: Pearl

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm missing your conclusion here.

I'm talking about various systematic theologies that people hold, formed from portions of Scripture, and used to interpret other portions of Scripture. Not always, certainly, but certainly some times, systematic theologies are allowed to imprint their ideas onto passages that don't contain those ideas.

I can be more clear on how this relates to the discussion but again I'm not sure your point in posting this passage.

Much love!
is not all "theologies" suppose to support scriptures?".

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes , I'm sure my posts are annoying to you. I don't need a priest to tell me what is in the Bible, far from that.
The Catholic Church Catechism
exposes the false teachings nicely, thanks.
I'm not a Catholic priest - I am a layperson.

I didn't copy this our of the Catechism. this is ALL from Scripture and rudimentary linguistics and history.
If you can't address the points I made regarding Mary's Perpetual Virginity in post #21 - just admit it and move on.

But, don't blame the Catholic Church because somebody gave you a badly needed Bible lesson . . .

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why is Mary is still called a virgin. not any more, scripture, Matthew 1:25 "And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS".

firstborn here is indicating another son was born unto her.

so Mary is no longer a virgin.

PICJAG.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is not all "theologies" suppose to support scriptures?".

yes, sure, but not all take into account all Scriptures.

It's like the dinosaur thread. The underlying supposition is that dinos lived pre-adamic. That being the case, verses that seem to disagree are reinterpretted to agree.

I'd rather take what every verse says about a topic, and reach a conclusion that takes into account everything that the Bible says about it, so far as I can find, without having to do these kinds of mental gymnastics to make it work.

And If I find a passage that conflicts with my view, I'll change my view before changing the passage.

Much love!