Mark of the Beast - the Chip

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Correct. But it is still the decision of the individual to take the mark. It cannot be forced, meaning this isn't a deal that the devil can do whenever he wants to. God, on the other hand, can deal his children with the seal of promise. In your previous reply, it sounded like you were asking if the evil one had a seal of his own that he could put on humans whenever, to which I reply "no" as God would never give him such a power.

No, I did not mean to imply that Satan has the power to give such a mark at will. Indeed, I believe that such a "mark" isn't a physical mark at all, but a sign of allegiance, if you will. Forehead and hand signifies thoughts and deeds. Just as we, who are 'sealed' with God's seal, follow him with our thoughts and deeds, for one to have the 'mark' of the beast, he must make the choice to follow him with their thoughts and deeds. That is a conscious choice.
However, everything in the NT tells us that sins can be repented of. Indeed, the only "unforgivable" sin is:

“Truly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the children of man, and whatever blasphemies they utter, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin”— Mark 3:28–29

The context of this is where people were saying the miracles Jesus did were done with the power of Satan. So, I believe we are to take the above verse in this manner; if a person constantly attributes to Satan what is is done by the power of God—that is, if one makes a flagrant, willful, decisive decisions that the Spirit’s testimony about Jesus is satanic...then that person never has forgiveness.

But beyond this? How are we to say that a person cannot repent of poor decisions and actions? Is that not what every single Christian has done? If there comes a point where suddenly that clause comes into effect, where is the verses that spells it out?
The passage that talks of the mark speaks of people being decieved by signs and wonders, and then being forced to have 'the mark' to buy and sell.
Three things to note specifically from this passage: many people come to the truth after being decieved, and Christ hasn't yet turned away one. Second, the text doesn't state anywhere that this is a "cut off point" for forgiveness. Third: a physical 'mark' is not necessary for someone to either comply with an ideology, or to need to buy or sell. Consider the historical precedent: When John was writing Revelation a very similar scenario was playing out in the Roman Empire for the current Christians. For Christians to be able to work, they had to be members of trade guilds. These trade guilds had certain requirements for membership. These requirements were usually regular meetings that involved sacrifices to the patron gods and to the 'emperor god'. Often it invovled temple prostitution as well. So, the Christians were finding that to work...to buy and sell, they had to be a part (thought and deed) of something that their faith called abhorent and blasphemous. To worship Jesus, they had to refuse those things, but then they couldn't work. But...no 'mark' was required, apart from allegiance.

So, as you can see, there really is no biblical need, or proof, for people to be receiving a physical mark that means they have suddenly commited the unforgivable sin. There is no teaching about that. Those who have been found, at the end judgement to have 'received the mark of the beast' are those who clearly openly welcomed serving this world thought and deed, with no thought of repentance. In other words...it's not that different than it is today. Those who repent are saved, those who do not, are not.

Reactions: Willie T

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Try Revelation 14:9-10
This passage in no way says there is a cut off date for forgiveness and redemption. It only says that those with 'the mark', who have not repented at the end, will face judgement. We know that. It's the same today for people who do not repent.

Either way, this isn't something that you or anyone else in the world should gamble with. If the supernatural event were to occur with messenger Angel's flying through the air proclaiming Rev 14:9-10, and then a few days later, every 1st world nation with a functioning banking system unveils a 1 size fits all chip implant and says cash won't be accepted anymore, I would have to implore you to consider the reality of such a device as being "it"

It's true, I would probably look at it askance. But here's the thing. I trust God's word. And even if the mark of the beast turns out to be an actual physical mark that we have to take, the bible makes it pretty clear that we will be clear why we are receiving it. It won't be because we're being tricked into thinking it's how we do banking now. It will be a clear line in the sand: the mark of this world and beast, or your faith. And in this way God promises us that no believer will be mislead on the issue. The only way we end up with that mark is if we cave out of fear and what I can only conclude is a false faith anyway.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I will have to get back to you more in depth later...

Indeed, I believe that such a "mark" isn't a physical mark at all, but a sign of allegiance, if you will

Third: a physical 'mark' is not necessary for someone to either comply with an ideology, or to need to buy or sell

Then how is the system enforced? It cannot be enforced verbally because then people could just lie about it to buy and sell. There has to be something more involved, more restrictive than a mere verbal pledge of allegiance. So tell me how someone buying a bag of chips is supposed to demonstrate their "compliance" with an "ideology" to make a simple transaction? Further, why would the average clerk even care? I wouldn't care at all if the person buying something from me had to do provide some sort of proof that they were really keen on this new world dictator; I'd still sell them the junk food without such demonstrations because no governing agency would have the power to monitor me all the time to ensure I was following some new law. But Revelation clearly states that people will not be able to buy and sell without it. This strongly indicates that it will be involved in an entirely new generation of currency. People won't be able to buy and sell without it because literally becomes your wallet.

This passage in no way says there is a cut off date for forgiveness and

It explicitly states "they will drink of the wine of the wrath of God." Do you really want to play around and push your luck with such a message?

the bible makes it pretty clear that we will be clear why we are receiving it.

Wha? Uh, Christians do not take it, Naomi. Any so-called professing "Christian" who takes it was never written in the book of life. Revelation plainly states this fact. So where in the bible does it make this "pretty clear" ?

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Indeed, the only "unforgivable" sin is:

Well, taking the mark is the unforgivable sin in God's eyes because the one taking it is telling God they submit to the devil over Jesus and that they worship him as God instead.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I will have to get back to you more in depth later...

Then how is the system enforced? It cannot be enforced verbally because then people could just lie about it to buy and sell. There has to be something more involved, more restrictive than a mere verbal pledge of allegiance. So tell me how someone buying a bag of chips is supposed to demonstrate their "compliance" with an "ideology" to make a simple transaction? Further, why would the average clerk even care? I wouldn't care at all if the person buying something from me had to do provide some sort of proof that they were really keen on this new world dictator; I'd still sell them the junk food without such demonstrations because no governing agency would have the power to monitor me all the time to ensure I was following some new law. But Revelation clearly states that people will not be able to buy and sell without it. This strongly indicates that it will be involved in an entirely new generation of currency. People won't be able to buy and sell without it because literally becomes your wallet.
How is it enforced? Well, that's rather self explainatory. No one can buy or sell. In the example I gave, but it's not just me plucking an example from thin air, it's what would have been intimate to John's readers...the Churches he sent his letter to, participating in the guilds and the consequent worship of other gods and moral activities which announces rather loudly ones allegiances quite efficently. And no...one couldn't "just pretend" to get food. One could not just worship Caeser as god 'pretend', expecting God would understand that. In fact, Jesus addresses that very fact IN the letters to the Churches.

You may think that is a stretch from how we do things today. That it must be a hard currency. But consider: a good majority of todays world has the Islamic faith present, in fact, dominant in their Countries. Even Europe is embracing Sharia Law in some Countries. And what does Sharia Law do? It makes it very hard, if not impossible for people who do not worship Allah to function in society. You have to renounce Christ and 'convert', before you are allowed all the 'benefits' of society.

So no...not even today is this concept abnormal or a stretch.

It explicitly states "they will drink of the wine of the wrath of God." Do you really want to play around and push your luck with such a message?
How is what I am doing "playing around" with such a message? In fact, I would contend that my interpretation is being more true to what the actual text says. Dispensational interpretation includes more assumptions that just isn't found in the text. They say "chip", but that's not there. They say "currency", but that's not there either, the buying and selling is but an outcome...so it's only possibly currency. They say 'watch out or you'll be fooled', but the text says people that this 'deception' that comes with the marking is a direct correlation with people worshipping him, and Christians worship Christ, not the beast. We recieve our 'mark' earlier, and are therefore already 'bought'. This is what scripture says, and I rest in confidence in that and in what Christ has done for me. If some person, or leader or Government tries to push a device, or certain behaviours or certain expectations upon me in order to live that require me to renounce Christ or turn away from him...I will simply refuse. I don't think that is "pushing my luck".

Wha? Uh, Christians do not take it, Naomi. Any so-called professing "Christian" who takes it was never written in the book of life. Revelation plainly states this fact. So where in the bible does it make this "pretty clear" ?

No...I didn't mean that we WOULD be receiving it! LOL. Whoops...probably should have phrased that better, sorry! I meant simply that any such mark will not be...ah...advertised as a new "banking" upgrade, or a super new shopping card, or such. It will be quite clearly a mark received in response to "the cause" of Antichrist. We shall know. Is that clearer?
For example...in the Left Behind books, the mark was most certainly something every person HAD to take to "be loyal to the ruler of the world". It will be like that...it will not be an ambiguous marking that we suddenly turn around and realise "Oh dear! I got the mark of the beast, what shall I do now!?" It will be something where a person says, "I recognise that getting this mark means I acknowledge the tenets of this person (or Government) and I acceed to them so I may live in accordance with their desires."
And we must recognise the difference here. For a non-Christian to go along with something like this...Revelation says that these people will be 'deceived' by the beast. But for Christians? We'll know. If we know, and we still go along...well...that would mean judgement. Of course...I don't believe a true believer would...

Well, taking the mark is the unforgivable sin in God's eyes because the one taking it is telling God they submit to the devil over Jesus and that they worship him as God instead.

But here's the thing. In the end, choosing Satan over Jesus will always, in the end, land a person in hell, right? So...ultimately, when push comes to shove and they stand before the judgement seat, that's the deal.
So...with that understanding, that choosing the 'beast', who is ultimately Satans tool, over Christ...choosing to follow his lies, ultimately to their own deaths...why do we assume that there appears a mystical cut off date in scripture where this decision is suddenly irreversible...even when up until this point (a point I still cannot see in scripture) they have been able to be forgiven for following Satans deceptive lies.
Theologically, is there, in fact, any difference between the two points in scripture at all? If everything in the NT teaches us that a person, regardless of their mistakes, or even active, intent persecution of and against the Church and Christ itself, can be saved, what should we think? Look at Paul. Christ said to him, "Saul, why do you persecute me?" We have a clear case of not just sin, but active sin against God's own people. And yet this man wrote most of the NT. Forgiveness. It is the heart of the gospel. It is for all who come, all who would turn their backs on their sin and come to the foot of the cross.
There is nothing in Revelation to suggest that this 'mark' is anything beyond a person's active and willing following of a person or Government, which would lead to their ability to participate in society so they may buy and sell. And this is because of deception, John tells us, signs and wonders. But unless we are to jettison everything in the NT before this...and nothing in Revelation suggests we should, there is nothing here that says a person cannot repent before they die.

D

Dave L

But according to what I read in the scriptures, we all have one or more beasts until we have killed all of our beasts. When all of our beasts are dead then the crisis is past... for those without any beast remaining, anyway. Then we may indeed give God the glory!
I agree, but I think the gist of the OP is Antichrist totalitarianism and those who submit to it in place of God. The chip is meaningless, it's the act of patriotism to, or worship of, the Antichrist system that produces the mark of the beast as I understand it.

Reactions: amadeus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
7749C137-7641-43AF-B39D-7D584E8A15E8.jpeg
I agree, but I think the gist of the OP is Antichrist totalitarianism and those who submit to it in place of God. The chip is meaningless, it's the act of patriotism to, or worship of, the Antichrist system that produces the mark of the beast as I understand it.

Matthew 6:16 KJV
[16] Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
I still don’t understand this.
Tecarta Bible Premium

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How is it enforced? Well, that's rather self explainatory. No one can buy or sell.

I'll rephrase. How are vendors supposed to discern the spiritual affiliation of their day to day customers? What mechanism verifies their affiliation?

In fact, I would contend that my interpretation is being more true to what the actual text says.

Scripture is the authority, not personal interpretation. Wouldn't you agree?

They say "currency", but that's not there either, the buying and selling is but an outcome...so it's only possibly currency

If you can't buy or sell without it, then it can be said to replace currency.

For example...in the Left Behind books, the mark was most certainly something every person HAD to take to "be loyal to the ruler of the world".

Isn't your position that the mark is spiritual and therefore intangible? Why are you imagining a physical mark now?

How is what I am doing "playing around" with such a message?

In your earlier responses you were making the case that taking the mark was not the unforgivable sin, and that one could be forgiven for taking the mark if they repented. (That's the gist of what I got) I am disagreeing with you because it sounds like you are playing with fire and not fully heeding the warning.

why do we assume that there appears a mystical cut off date in scripture where this decision is suddenly irreversible...even when up until this point (a point I still cannot see in scripture) they have been able to be forgiven for following Satans deceptive lies.

If one takes the mark their fate is sealed and they will never be reconciled to God, regardless of all attempted repentance. Do you disagree with that or something?

They say 'watch out or you'll be fooled', but the text says people that this 'deception' that comes with the marking is a direct correlation with people worshipping him

Even if someone doesnt care for the AC or the beast system enough to genuinely worship them, if they take the mark God declares that they do, in fact, worship the beast. Doesnt matter if they love them enough to genuflect or write poetry about them or if they only took it to get by in life. God says anyone who takes it is automatically worshipping them.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The chip is meaningless, it's the act of patriotism to, or worship of, the Antichrist system

The act of taking the chip is inexorably linked with worship of the AC system.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wait. You are contradicting yourself again. First you insist that the "mark of the beast" must be a literal marking...a device in the hand or forehead. In other words, literal.
But when it comes to the 'Mark' upon Christians, then you turn it around and say that "mark" means seal, and we are sealed with the Holy Spirit?
How come, then, likewise the unbelievers cannot 'sealed' by the beast? We have the Holy Spirit within us and we, with heart and mind, follow our Lord. They, likewise, once dedicated to the 'lord of this world', would follow him with heart and mind, thus being sealed with his mark, following his rules and practices eagerly so they may move untroubled through a world debased.

Your inconsistancy shows again.

Yes, a literal marking, which the Holy Spirit is.

But I never said it had to be in the hand or forehead.

You really have a real burr up your butt against literalists and dispensationist. A real hatefest against pretrib..

D

Dave L

The act of taking the chip is inexorably linked with worship of the AC system.
What if you take the chip before the AC system because it makes sense and saves lives by thwarting theft and violence? Even if the beast shows up it's not the mark, only a tool government can use to punish noncompliance. The mark is Patriotism (worship) for the beast.

Last edited by a moderator:

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Even if the beast shows up it's not the mark, only a tool government can use to punish noncompliance

You're not arguing against me, but against Rev 14:9-10 which clearly states the reality of those that TAKE it.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Enoch,

I take no offense to you calling my statement ABSURD since it is not my theory and it has been around for almost 2,000 years. Your theory has only been around for a few years....but it is plausible.

This is a problem with Catholicism. It thinks time equals proof, which is nonsense.

In example, that Peter was the first pope and Bishop of Rome. Long disproven.

There are religions that are older than Christianity. Does that make them true?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if you take the chip before the AC system because it makes sense and saves lives by thwarting theft and violence? Even if the beast shows up it's not the mark, only a tool government can use to punish noncompliance. The mark is Patriotism (worship) for the beast.

There is no way for any government to enforce a mandatory chip without sending the country into civil war.

When the EU becomes the restored Roman Empire and Christians are gone I expect there to be an ultimatum to worship the AC and take the chip or die.

Europe has many people and some of the countries ready to take up arms against Islam in their borders now. They are building walls enclosing their borders to Muslims at an increasing rate.

How 65 countries have erected security walls on their borders | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in scripture are you finding these metaphorical "beasts" ?

"Nevertheless man being in honour abideth not: he is like the beasts that perish." Psalm 49:12

"But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride, he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him:
And he was driven from the sons of men; and his heart was made like the beasts, and his dwelling was with the wild asses: they fed him with grass like oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven; till he knew that the most high God ruled in the kingdom of men, and that he appointeth over it whomsoever he will." Dan 5:20-21

"I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts" Ecc 3:18

"So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee." Psalm 73:22

"Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:
She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table." Prov 9:1-2

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 5223

Matthew 6:16 KJV
[16] Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
I still don’t understand this.
Tecarta Bible Premium
People receive ultimately the reward that they really are working for... All rewards are not positive in the eyes of man or the eyes of God. If our deeds appearing to be good in the eyes of men, are done in fact to obtain blessings ourselves instead of because we know it is the best thing we can do, what should we expect?

The scribes and Pharisees of Jesus' day may have known according to the scriptures what to say and what to do and how to act, but often their actions in those things were for the sake of the rewards they themselves hoped to receive or in order to receive a pat on the back from their highly placed fellows. They either forgot or never knew that God could see their hearts and the final judgment would be based on their hearts.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'll rephrase. How are vendors supposed to discern the spiritual affiliation of their day to day customers? What mechanism verifies their affiliation?

Well, that's not a huge mystery, either. In the Roman culture of John's day, the mechanism would have been the Christian's themselves. Their refusal to go the the guild meetings, to worship the gods, to participate in the wild bacchanals they held to both their patron gods and to the Roman Caesars would have irrevocably set them apart.
Similarly, today in Muslim culture, the more strict the Sharia Law, the harder it is to be "a Christian in hiding". Again, the Christians there would refuse, themselves, to participate in any Islamic practices, regardless if it gained them the ability to go through the culture unmolested. If we push that higher a bit, make it harder, more intrusive, just as the current Chinese system is becoming, people would have little choice. Stand apart as Christian, or participate in the culture to be able to function. How many times have we seen/heard of Christians being martyred because they would not do that? They would not give up their faith, compromise their testimony of Christ for ease of life? Even in the face of death, or the death of their children, they hold strong! This is a powerful mechanism indeed!

Scripture is the authority, not personal interpretation. Wouldn't you agree?

Of course. But, as my 11 year old son said this morning, rather astutely, "every one is free to have their own opinion, but not everyone's opinion is correct."

I'm not saying that I HAVE to be right and you are definitely wrong. I'm saying that I am only doing my very best to remain true to text itself and not let myself be pulled away by doctrines or assumptions. If it's not there, or cannot be clearly supported by other text or clear historical context, then I think we must question if our interpretation is valid.

If you can't buy or sell without it, then it can be said to replace currency.

Not necessarily. If you had money, but couldn't use it unless you bowed before Allah. Or the Chinese government, or a particular man...would you use it? Would they let you use it? Woud you let yourself use it?

Isn't your position that the mark is spiritual and therefore intangible? Why are you imagining a physical mark now?
I'm attempting to make something clear to you, and sometimes making a point to someone means you have to first reason within the bounds of their views.
My ultimate point was that taking "the mark" was not something one takes/receives by accident...not if you are already a Christian. Revelation tells us that those who are not already Christ's are deceived, and that's why they take it.
But this point still works if the mark is not physical. A Christian is not going to take the 'mark' (follow antichrist with thoughts and deeds) and those who are not Christs will obviously be tricked very easily into this. Following a person or governemnt, thought and deed, so they may function in society would be a no-brainer for most people.

In your earlier responses you were making the case that taking the mark was not the unforgivable sin, and that one could be forgiven for taking the mark if they repented. (That's the gist of what I got) I am disagreeing with you because it sounds like you are playing with fire and not fully heeding the warning.
I suppose that's why it matters what this 'mark' is. Is it a physical mark, or is it, fundamentally, following someone with your thoughts and deeds...giving them your allegiance? If it's the first, then I suppose yes, once done, it would be done. If it's the latter, then the bible tells us that is forgivable till the end.
The problem I have with the former, biblically, is that everything in scripture tells us that everything under the sun (all creation) is under the Creator, and can be used as blessing, rather than curse. And being free in Christ, we need not be wary of money or technology. Do people use these things for evil? Sure. But they are not evil in and of themselves, and are often used to further the Kingdom themselves. So, where does the bible teach that at some point, tech is going to go from 'redeemable for the kingdom' and 'helpful for the free in Christ' to 'take it and there's not turning back'? And I know you would say "it symbolized that a choice has been made for antichrist". But....then, we're back to choice...intention...will. Deed and thought. And the bible teaches those can be repented of. Where does the bible say a time will come where forgiveness will be retracted?

But look...in the end...it is just speculation. I honestly think it isn't a physical mark. But if someone comes to power and insists on everyone getting a chip to serve as loyalty to them...have no fear, I won't be lining up.

If one takes the mark their fate is sealed and they will never be reconciled to God, regardless of all attempted repentance. Do you disagree with that or something?
Yes. I fully admit I could be wrong. But I read in my bible that anyone who repents and comes to Jesus, he will receive them. The only 'cut off' seems to be death.

Even if someone doesnt care for the AC or the beast system enough to genuinely worship them, if they take the mark God declares that they do, in fact, worship the beast. Doesnt matter if they love them enough to genuflect or write poetry about them or if they only took it to get by in life. God says anyone who takes it is automatically worshipping them.

Scripture says that at the time of judgement (end of the world) anyone found to be worshipping the beast and having his mark (seen at this time as following him thought and deed), then they are damned. How is that different than those who, right now, die in rebellion against Jesus? Are they not, also damned? So, I would suggest the same rules exist in the NT, as in Revelation.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, a literal marking, which the Holy Spirit is.

But I never said it had to be in the hand or forehead.

You really have a real burr up your butt against literalists and dispensationist. A real hatefest against pretrib..

No. I don't hate dispensationalists. What I have issue with is double standards and objectionable doctrine. God's word should not be pummelled around to fit a doctrine, not when it clearly says some things and not others. People shouldnt' be made to feel bad for thinking something when the people doing the 'pointing and accusing' are doing the very same thing, but somehow think they are just when they do it, when we are made to think we are dismissing the most precious parts of scripture when we do it.
My efforts are nothing more but to point to scripture and to try and grow awareness of and steer away from poor, inconsistent hermeneutics.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you had money, but couldn't use it unless you bowed before Allah

I'm still trying to grasp how, in the future, vendors are supposed to discern whether or not the customer in front of them legitimately worships the beast in order to complete transactions.

I'm envisioning that every single customer will have to make a rock'n'roll sign with their right hand and then sieg heil-ing with it before each and every transaction. I guess digital transactions would have you performing this motion in front of a camera...

If these examples sound absurd, that is because they are. I am still perplexed on the subject. Can you offer a more reasonable explanation of how citizens living under the rulership of AC are supposed to discern whether or not their neighbor/random customer does, in fact, worship the beast, in order that none may buy or sell without this mark, according to what scripture directly states?

Your Islamic counterpoint doesn't take into account that Christian's living in such anti-Christian areas could, quite easily, enter and conduct business with sellers ignorant of their Christianity (and why wouldn't they be?) Do you really think every single Arab vendor in the ME asks each and every one of their customers before a transaction "...just making sure but... you aren't a Christian...right? Because if you are I totally will not sell you this chocolate bar" There is no reason to be so personal, and a logical expectation would be that people would lie anyway, though Christians do not even need to since the question isn't likely to come up.

Further, to expect that every single vendor on earth will magically comply with some cumbersome law that disallows all from entering transactions with those who lack an undetectable, spiritual mark does not make sense. Monetary trade agreements resembling the time prior to and disregarding said law will certainly still occur. Laws are broken constantly. We already cannot know for certain (though we may be quite sure) of the true spiritual states of our own family and friends, and whether they are truly saved (salvific allegiance to Christ) or not. Only God really knows who are His and we simply do not possess such knowledge of one another.

How are we supposed to verify the true heart allegiance of a stranger before conducting business? A branding, on the other hand, solves this mystery. Yet a branding in and of itself is far too primitive an idea, especially in lieu of technological development.

Scripture states none may do so (buy/sell). This indicates that it will be an impossibility. The question then becomes how would such a system be enforced, to which the answer is: via technology

This is deductive reasoning. It is not the adding of anything to scripture in order to make a dispensationalist theory fit.

Deed and thought. And the bible teaches those can be repented of.

Okay so is it fair to say that you do not take Rev 14:9-10 at face value then?

My efforts are nothing more but to point to scripture and to try and grow awareness of and steer away from poor, inconsistent hermeneutics.

Which other dispensationalist viewpoints on Revelation do you reject?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm still trying to grasp how, in the future, vendors are supposed to discern whether or not the customer in front of them legitimately worships the beast in order to complete transactions.
But that is not the role of the vendor. All he will have to do is ask "May I scan your right hand or your forehead?" He will use an electronic scanner to confirm the Mark and then proceed with the transaction.