Mark of the Beast - the Chip

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not much different that our SS #.

Except with this one you can't avoid the scanners.

But more more companies are going to use scanners that can scan your credit card even in your purse and wallet. I lined my wallet with tinfoil.

Walmart is thinking about a system that can scan your shopping cart and wallet as you push it through the checkout area.

Thieves can already carry small scanners that can scan your car just by walking near you.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most Catholic scholars you mean.

It says in the hand or forehead, not on a coin.
No, I said what I meant and I meant what I said. Most Catholic scholars is what YOU think, NOT what I mean.

The hand/forehead is the 2nd beast not THE beast.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strong's Number: 5480

Where the chip is implanted it leaves a distinctive physical mark. The chip is stamped/ejected into someone.

Browse Lexicon

Original Word
Word Origin
cavragma from the same as (5482)
Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
Charagma 9:416,1308
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
khar'-ag-mah Noun Neuter
Definition
  1. a stamp, an imprinted mark
    1. of the mark stamped on the forehead or the right hand as the badge of the followers of the Antichrist
    2. the mark branded upon horses
  2. thing carved, sculpture, graven work
    1. of idolatrous images

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I said what I meant.
You were talking about THE beast when you referred to the mark of the 2nd beast. They are not the same

Sooooo if you said what you meant, what you said is wrong. The mark is from the 2nd beast not THE BEAST.

None the less it is an interesting topic. Have you read what your Christian forefathers wrote about it?

Curious Mary

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were talking about THE beast when you referred to the mark of the 2nd beast. They are not the same

Sooooo if you said what you meant, what you said is wrong. The mark is from the 2nd beast not THE BEAST.

None the less it is an interesting topic. Have you read what your Christian forefathers wrote about it?

Curious Mary

It's the mark the first beast enforced by the second, the false prophet.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the mark the first beast enforced by the second, the false prophet.
The 2nd beast does exercise all the authority of the first beast on its behalf.

One of the many theories is that the chip COULD be the mark of the beast.

Bible study Mary

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 2nd beast does exercise all the authority of the first beast on its behalf.

One of the many theories is that the chip COULD be the mark of the beast.

Bible study Mary

Not one of many theories, the one and only theory that makes sense and can be functional.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The so-called "mark of the beast" is presumed by most scholars to allude to the coins of the Roman Empire that bore the image of the emperor.
Mary, think of how UTTERLY ABSURD that sounds. There would have been hundreds or thousands of Christians using the coins of the Roman Empire to take care of their daily needs and their businesses. But according to this theory, they would all be damned simply for making financial transactions without taking any mark on the right hand or on the forehead.

Another poster believes that using paper currency puts the Mark of the Beast on humanity. That too is absurd, since Christians are using paper currency daily, and no marks are being physically applied on their persons.

Then we have a few who claim that Sunday worship = the Mark of the Beast. Another absurd notion, since the Lord's Day came into existence while the apostles were on earth.

However, knowing what amazing technology exists today, and that electronic chips are already being implanted in many people, that would be the most logical interpretation of the Mark. I believe it would be consistent with Scripture to suggest that regardless of the numerical or alphanumeric code for each person, that code will incorporate the number 666.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To mark is to seal. We are seal the Holy Spirit.

Wait. You are contradicting yourself again. First you insist that the "mark of the beast" must be a literal marking...a device in the hand or forehead. In other words, literal.
But when it comes to the 'Mark' upon Christians, then you turn it around and say that "mark" means seal, and we are sealed with the Holy Spirit?
How come, then, likewise the unbelievers cannot 'sealed' by the beast? We have the Holy Spirit within us and we, with heart and mind, follow our Lord. They, likewise, once dedicated to the 'lord of this world', would follow him with heart and mind, thus being sealed with his mark, following his rules and practices eagerly so they may move untroubled through a world debased.

Your inconsistancy shows again.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, think of how UTTERLY ABSURD that sounds. There would have been hundreds or thousands of Christians using the coins of the Roman Empire to take care of their daily needs and their businesses. But according to this theory, they would all be damned simply for making financial transactions without taking any mark on the right hand or on the forehead.

Another poster believes that using paper currency puts the Mark of the Beast on humanity. That too is absurd, since Christians are using paper currency daily, and no marks are being physically applied on their persons.

Then we have a few who claim that Sunday worship = the Mark of the Beast. Another absurd notion, since the Lord's Day came into existence while the apostles were on earth.

However, knowing what amazing technology exists today, and that electronic chips are already being implanted in many people, that would be the most logical interpretation of the Mark. I believe it would be consistent with Scripture to suggest that regardless of the numerical or alphanumeric code for each person, that code will incorporate the number 666.
Hi Enoch,

I take no offense to you calling my statement ABSURD since it is not my theory and it has been around for almost 2,000 years. Your theory has only been around for a few years....but it is plausible.

It is only ABSURD if you haven't done your research.

I will start you off with some basic information that isn't even from a Catholic source: What is the Mark of the Beast? Bible Definition and Meaning

Your welcome.....Mary

PS....I agree with you on the "sunday worship= mark of the beast statement.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I will start you off with some basic information that isn't even from a Catholic source: What is the Mark of the Beast? Bible Definition and Meaning
And this ties in with what I said with these remarks in that article:
A more common term for "mark" or "brand" is stigma [stivgma] in its noun and verb forms. Branding was practiced in the ancient world, and even in relation to religious concerns. Religious tattooing was observed (cf. Lucian, Syr. Dea 59; Herodotus 2.113). Third Maccabees 2:29 records an incident in which Jews were branded by Ptolemy Philopator I (217 b.c.) with the Greek religious Dionysian ivy-leaf symbol.

The interesting thing (which is also significant) is that the Greek letters which represent the numeral 666 include the Greek letter stigma (at the end), which would normally be sigma -- χξς (chi, xi, stigma).
[NOTE: The critical Greek text supporting the modern versions has changed this to ἑξακόσιοι (hexakosioi) ἑξήκοντα(hexēkonta)]

In any event, the Antichrist will be branding people with electronic chips, which will include the stigma of being marked by the Beast as well as 666. And it is a very serious stigma.

REVELATION 14
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.