Mark of the Beast

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
Oliver said,
The fact that it is on the forehead or hand is an obvious reference to Deuteronomy 11:18, which means that the mark has got to be some kind of explicit commitment to the beast and thus an explicit rejection of Jesus. I am sure it is going to be something visible.

I think this will be the mark of the beast.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_bump

http://www.hrairsarkissian.com/Portfolio/Pages/Zebiba.html

http://dkeen.tumblr.com/post/743686837/a-prayer-bump-or-prayer-scar-also-known-as-a

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ

I'm sort of thinking this guy has a mark and a few prayer bumps as well, but I don't think he's a Muslim

crazy-satan-worshi_1375234a-e1316010908145.jpg

Raeneske

Sep 18, 2012
terry

That assumes you are correct in your identification of it, doesn't it?!

The fact that it is on the forehead or hand is an obvious reference to Deuteronomy 11:18, which means that the mark has got to be some kind of explicit commitment to the beast and thus an explicit rejection of Jesus. I am sure it is going to be something visible.

There is a strong tendency for Americans to think that their circumstances are the norm. In fact, the widespread use of RFID in the Third World is extremely unlikely, because the infrastructure for it does not exist. A market trader selling for cash in a small town in Africa isn't going to have the ability to scan an RFID chip, still less to decide to whom he should sell on the basis of it.

Visble? Yes, it will be clearly shown where the line is between the wicked and the just. However, a literal, physical mark? No. Deuteronomy 6:6-8, 11:18-19, Exodus 13:7-9,15-16 prove hands down that it won't be a literal physical mark. It will be a choice, something human beings will have full capability to make an intelligent decision over, and none will be without the light of it (that's why there is no mercy mingled with the wrath, this has been warned about, and talked about for ages, it's the Final Time of Trouble, that we have had ample time to get ready for). The Mark and the Seal will be a sign of obediance, to either Satan or Jesus Christ.
It is also depicted in Revelation 14:1-12. In verses 6-7 we are shown the angel warns us about worshipping Him who created Heaven and earth. In verses 8-11, it is shown the people who accept the Beast's mark, and worship the beast and his image, so it's obvious from previous verses it's of obediance of some sort. Then Revelation 14:12 confirms that by stating that the Saints keep the faith of Jesus, and the commandments of God. Obediance vs disobediance. The Worship of God vs the worship of the beast.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sort of thinking this guy has a mark and a few prayer bumps as well, but I don't think he's a Muslim

crazy-satan-worshi_1375234a-e1316010908145.jpg

Really? I think Jesus would call him your neighbor and teach you to love him.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ

Here is the link to his name and where abouts
Code:
http://bossip.com/456996/jesus-take-the-wheel-thhorned-devil-worshipper-murked-two-hells-angels30346/

Drop him a note and let him know you'll be happy to put him up in your guest room when and if he gets out of prison. :rolleyes:

I never said I wouldn't be willing to speak with him or reject him. But that's just something you dreamed up right.
Or are you offended with my conversation with kepha31 in The church is not the source of truth thread,, and looking for some dirt to throw?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Drop him a note and let him know you'll be happy to put him up in your guest room when and if he gets out of prison. :rolleyes:

Not all of our neighbors are warm and cuddly - this guy certainly looks and sounds frightening, yet we are called to love him.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Not all of our neighbors are warm and cuddly - this guy certainly looks and sounds frightening, yet we are called to love him.

yet we are called to love him.

Did I say we weren't or indicate that?
The guy has 666 tattooed on his forehead, according to you I'm not allowed to reference his photo as the mark of the beast ...............pleeeese. or I have become unloving for posting his pic. That's a bit of a stretch don't you think?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yet we are called to love him.

Did I say we weren't or indicate that?
The guy has 666 tattooed on his forehead, according to you I'm not allowed to reference his photo as the mark of the beast ...............pleeeese. or I have become unloving for posting his pic. That's a bit of a stretch don't you think?

Yeah, you sure have stretched it.

All I said was that we are called to love him as our neighbor. I didn't say anything about you or chastised you at all.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Yeah, you sure have stretched it.

All I said was that we are called to love him as our neighbor. I didn't say anything about you or chastised you at all.

You quoted my post and replied in post #124 with. Really? emphasis added. You also used the word your, not our indicating me personally.
Put down your straw-man and practice what you preach.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You quoted my post and replied in post #124 with. Really? emphasis added

Put down your straw-man and practice what you preach.

Making a general claim about loving your neighbor as yourself does not need be criticized on a Christian forum. It is akin to saying 'I will pray for you' - we all need prayer. Being defensive is not necessary, but I cannot control how you choose to react. And, practicing what I preach is a good reminder; thank you brother.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Making a general claim about loving your neighbor as yourself does not need be criticized on a Christian forum. It is akin to saying 'I will pray for you' - we all need prayer. Being defensive is not necessary, but I cannot control how you choose to react. And, practicing what I preach is a good reminder; thank you brother.
You now claim to have been making a general claim, have you reread your original post.
You used the word your, and you indicating me personally.

This is the second time you've attempted revise your intentions by making it sound like your response was not directed at me. As everyone can see in the above quote you directed it to me .................Really? I think Jesus would call him your neighbor and teach you to love him.

So I'll say it again, quit being disingenuous put down your straw-man and practice what you preach.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You now claim to have been making a general claim, have you reread your original post.
You used the word your, and you indicating me personally.

This is the second time you've attempted revise your intentions by making it sound like your response was not directed at me. As everyone can see in the above quote you directed it to me .................Really? I think Jesus would call him your neighbor and teach you to love him.

So I'll say it again, quit being disingenuous put down your straw-man and practice what you preach.

Hey Rex,

Your persecution complex is showing.,,,, It is obvious you want to fight - why not find a real disagreement instead of making one up?

For your information, the word 'you' can be used generally, just like the word 'they' can be used to in place of a gender specific pronoun. What can I say? English is a dynamic language.

Since you are so adept at picking apart my posts, I am sure you have noticed that I have already agreed with you about practicing what I preach - we can all use the reminder.

Now, move along.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Hey Rex,

Your persecution complex is showing.,,,, It is obvious you want to fight - why not find a real disagreement instead of making one up?

I believe your the one that came looking for a fight see post number 125 below
Here is the link to his name and where abouts
Code:
http://bossip.com/456996/jesus-take-the-wheel-thhorned-devil-worshipper-murked-two-hells-angels30346/

I never said I wouldn't be willing to speak with him or reject him. But that's just something you dreamed up right.
Or are you offended with my conversation with kepha31 in The church is not the source of truth thread,, and looking for some dirt to throw?

Endtime

Oct 18, 2012
Hi guys. Does anyone know if the Mark of the Beast is going to be a microchip, (or some kind of physical mark) ? Or is it spiritual (I saw http://www.markofbeast.net/ ) ? I always thought it was going to be a physical mark.

And how could it be spiritual really, b/c the Bible says people will need the mark to buy and sell. ??

Haha, as always, I'm thoroughly confused here. :unsure:

The mark is your pen and your signature. The number of the beast is your social security number. You can not buy and sell without them.

The guy in the picture is just another misguided idiot. Like so many others in the world.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mark of the beast is the number of man. The mark placed on the forehead and hand indicates slavery - it was the practice of marking slaves in ancient Rome. All of humanity is a slave to sin unless we are redeemed by Christ. Anyone who takes the mark of man rather than the mark of Christ remains a slave to their sin and dead in their transgressions.

I miss talking with you, Marta!

Endtime

Oct 18, 2012
You are a slave to that which you serve. if you use the number that the beast has given you for your name and you use your kings signet to secure an oath that the beast requires then you are worshiping and serving the beast from birth.

You probably have all of the beasts numbers memorized in your mind.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know your social security number by memory and your drivers license number and may be all of your account numbers. they all belong to the system of the beast.

I see. Well, to the extent that all those numbers were created by humans and used in human transactions - I agree.