Mark of the Beast

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marta

Mar 29, 2011
Hi guys. Does anyone know if the Mark of the Beast is going to be a microchip, (or some kind of physical mark) ? Or is it spiritual (I saw http://www.markofbeast.net/ ) ? I always thought it was going to be a physical mark.

And how could it be spiritual really, b/c the Bible says people will need the mark to buy and sell. ??

Haha, as always, I'm thoroughly confused here. :unsure:

PropphecyStudent

Jan 6, 2012
Hi Marta,

There are a couple of aspects which can be considered significant. The first might be that -- English is the world's language, and "six" is the number of "man" because he works six days. (Please note the hand "peace" sign is the number "six" in binary.) As such if one takes the letters of the English alphabet and assigns increments of "six":

A = 6
B = 12
C = 18
etc.

... and one sums the word "computer", one should arrive to 666 as confirmation of the technology which controls who can buy and sell.

Secondly, one might consider if there is an association between the "right hand" and the "forehead". And for anyone who work in a secure area, we know that the palm scan ONLY uses the "right hand". We also know that if a person has no "right hand" that we must use a retinal scan, -- the "forehead".

Thirdly, using the method described in #1 above, if we considered that a counterfeit is an attempt to appear as the original, and that original was a Jew, then we can presume that the one-world-government leader (Secretary General of the United Nations) will be a Jew. And the world's most senior political statesman happens to be Jewish: Kissinger. So sum his name and see you get.

It's really pretty simple when you think about it. :)

PS Just so you are aware, the circular "peace sign" represents the earth and the cross with the arms broken down. -- A Christ-less "peace" lie from satan himself.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hi guys. Does anyone know if the Mark of the Beast is going to be a microchip, (or some kind of physical mark) ? Or is it spiritual (I saw http://www.markofbeast.net/ ) ? I always thought it was going to be a physical mark.

And how could it be spiritual really, b/c the Bible says people will need the mark to buy and sell. ??

Rev 13:14-17
14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
(KJV)

I think confusion about the mark of Rev.13 comes by how some overstress it involving buying and selling, and by trying to identify the one whom it originates with.

The true... mark... is a spiritual mark, in the mind and heart.

Question: When did the mark first begin??? Ans: remember Cain in Genesis 4?

Jude 1:10 and 2 Peter 2:12 speak of the idea of "brute beasts" applied to the wicked workers of iniquity. It's about their nature to willingly want to follow and do evil in the world. That began with Cain's murder of his brother Abel. A study of the mark which God put upon Cain to serve as his protection reveals certain 'attributes' or qualities of behavior and acts, murder being only one. That's why it involves a spiritual mark especially, because it's about the nature of a human that acts like a beast to do evil, following and revelling in iniquity and the ways of the flesh.

The idea of the mark tied to buying and selling isn't mentioned until Rev.13:17. Prior to that, it's mainly about bowing in false worship of a beast image associated with that false one who comes doing those great wonders and miracles to deceive with.

What it's revealing is for those who 'agree' to bow in false worship to that false one of Rev.13:11, they will have to also agree to receive the mark of his image, or his name, or number of his name. And that will allow those to buy and sell. For those of us who disagree and refuse to bow in false worship to that false one, or to an idol of that false one, the result is that we are to be killed. It's pointing to a voluntary choice, not forced worship.

Reactions: Shirley

Marta

Mar 29, 2011
Thanks so much for your great answers. Wow, all this is a lot to take in b/c up to now, I honestly thought the mark was a physical thing that at some point in the near future, we'd all be forced to either get or else be banished from a monetary society or even killed.

Ok, so instead of all of us lining up at some day in the future and having to take a physical mark, it's a spiritual decision. That is a relief, because even though I'm a sinner, I no way want to do anything intentionally displeasing to God if I can help it. So I definitely would never take that mark. So. Basically, I am still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that all it is, is a spiritual decision.

Well, if it's just a spiritual decision, then none of us Christians have to worry, right? Because none of us would ever intentionally choose to displease God by taking the mark of the beast.

PropphecyStudent

Jan 6, 2012
Hi Marta,

When the three Jews stood before Nebuchadnezzar, it was for their refusal to "bow" to the image. And so too when the one-world-government demands that all take an oath of allegiance, there will be some who refuse. (And as previously provided, if you are not enrolled in this cash-less electronic debit system you will not be able to buy and sell.)

The oath is not "spiritual", it's tangible; the enrollment is not "spiritual", it's tangible; and physical death is not "spiritual", it's tangible. But take heart in what happens next:

Rev. 20:4
4 ... Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

So in the end, if one sacrifices a few short years of our current existence, we gain 1,000 years of life in the Millennial Kingdom. A small price for a big reward. :)

ProphecyStudent

Marta

Mar 29, 2011
Ok, I am beginning to see how all this will work now. Thank you so much for taking the time to break it down for me, PropphecyStudent. Between your and Veteran's explanations and descriptions, I am much more at peace with my understanding of this now, and feel a lot more 'in the know' about how some of this will transpire.

If one were to do a serious study on marks and seals in Scripture we find that marks and seals are seen in visions (prophetic accounts) while they are not seen in the historical accounts. A perfect example of this is:
Eze 9:4 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
Eze 9:6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.
Now let’s compare the prophetic account given in Ezeliels vision to the historical account given in 2Ch.
2Ch 36:17 Therefore he brought upon them the king of the Chaldees, who slew their young men with the sword in the house of their sanctuary, and had no compassion upon young man or maiden, old man, or him that stooped for age: he gave them all into his hand.

Could it be that these marks and seals are only seen in the spiritual world and not in the physical world? Can you see the seal of God on other believers?

As for as the number 666 goes, interestingly enough there is at least one sect of Moslems that openly claim the number and say it is the number of their false prophet who taught the exact opposite of the gospel. Read their own words at www.66619.org/thequran.htm

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Ok, I am beginning to see how all this will work now. Thank you so much for taking the time to break it down for me, PropphecyStudent. Between your and Veteran's explanations and descriptions, I am much more at peace with my understanding of this now, and feel a lot more 'in the know' about how some of this will transpire.

I also believe it will eventually... involve a physical tangible system to buy and sell, but its whole purpose is spiritual allegiance to the beast king and his beast kingdom of Rev.13, very similar to the trials of what Daniel and his fellows Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego went through like what ProphecyStudent was pointing to.

Our stance for our Lord Jesus in the last days is to not fear those who can kill our flesh body but not our soul, but fear Him Who can destroy both soul and body in the lake of fire (Matt.10:28).

Marta

Mar 29, 2011
Ridgerunner and Veteran, thanks for even more thought-provoking comparisons here. I'm so glad I asked about this topic, as I've long had questions about it and have learned a lot from your replies. Thanks again, everyone!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Ridgerunner and Veteran, thanks for even more thought-provoking comparisons here. I'm so glad I asked about this topic, as I've long had questions about it and have learned a lot from your replies. Thanks again, everyone!

You're welcome! Blessings and peace to you in Christ Jesus.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Something I might add to what Ridgerunner posted about Ezekiel 9; the specific word for God's "mark" in the Hebrew of that Scripture is the Hebrew letter Tau, which in ancient writing form was a 'cross'! That's the sign of God's marking in the forehead there of His servants.

Another thing, that Ezekiel 9 Scripture has no... historical basis in Old Testament times; it has yet to come to pass. As written there also, God's judgment is to begin at His sanctuary, meaning among His faithful ones, like 1 Peter 4:17-19.

PropphecyStudent

Jan 6, 2012
To All,

When using driving directions we certainly must know each of the highway interchanges, but it's extremely beneficial to know each of the distances. As such when we consider the era of "mark of the beast", we should anticipate that the beginning of the tribulation is ~Spring 2015, the duration is 42 months (Ref. Rev. 13:5), and the end is ~Fall 2018. It's difficult to make a precise determination as to when this "mark of the beast" will be implemented, but I would anticipate ~Spring 2018.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
666 is the sign of man in rebellion towards God.

Ironically, 666 placed on the forehead and right hand is the sign of slavery in Rome.

So rebellion from God is slavery to man.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marta. I would advise you not to worry to much about the mark of the beast. ( as to what form it will be ) The two witnesses will arrive a few days before the Anticrist. They will know and teach us every thing we will need to know, to make the right decisions. they will clear up all of the confusion on the interpertation of scripture that we have all had to deal with................ In addition to being a thorn in his ( antichrist ) side......Hang in there it is comming sooner then most people think.
Pomp.... :)

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
I do agree with everyone but I also do think mark of the beast will be phyiscal mark. Many believe going to be 666 but I dont think will because if that many chirstian who are still on the Earth could mark themselves and hide their belief. I think going to be mark that only that Antichrist could make therefor no human could fake it. I could be wrong that would even be phyiscal. When it show all chirstian will know because god will make sure they will knew somehow. If power that flows off it or something like that.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina

The mark will probably be a microchip but you need not worry about it.
The beast has already appeared and those who have followed it dont visit sites such as this.
They dont believe in Jesus.

They are antichrist.

Marta

Mar 29, 2011
Thanks each one of you for your great replies and the fascinating discussion that's begun on this topic. As I read your comments, things start to "click" that I didn't realize or fully understand before. It's amazing how we learn as we talk about these things together.

Wayne

Oct 30, 2011
The mark will probably be a microchip but you need not worry about it.
The beast has already appeared and those who have followed it dont visit sites such as this.
They dont believe in Jesus.

They are antichrist.

I very doubt would be microchip. I have the problem say people who do not follow our father the Lord is an antichrist. In the bible when they speak about the Antichrist, it single thing. People who don't believe are sheep that hasn't been shown the way. We don't call people who follow Satan, the Antichrist. They are called stanist.
The mark has not been mark yet either because after world peace when the mark appears.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
I very doubt would be microchip. I have the problem say people who do not follow our father the Lord is an antichrist. In the bible when they speak about the Antichrist, it single thing. People who don't believe are sheep that hasn't been shown the way. We don't call people who follow Satan, the Antichrist. They are called stanist.
The mark has not been mark yet either because after world peace when the mark appears.

You say antichrist in the bible is a single thing.
The bible says there were many antichrist 2000 years ago .

1 jOHN 2;18
Little children, it is the last time: and as you have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; by which we know that it is the last time.

Perhaps it would be best if you learn what the bible says before you attempt to correct someone who knows what they are talking about.I know of a kingdom that once was and then was not.The world was astonished when they beheld it and the world followed after it.I know what the beast is and I know who those are that followed it.Just a few more years and they shall be marked.

They should have waited for the Messiah before entering the promised land.
They didnt wait on the Lord.They followed the beast.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
You say antichrist in the bible is a single thing.
The bible says there were many antichrist 2000 years ago .

1 jOHN 2;18
Little children, it is the last time: and as you have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; by which we know that it is the last time.

Perhaps it would be best if you learn what the bible says before you attempt to correct someone who knows what they are talking about.I know of a kingdom that once was and then was not.The world was astonished when they beheld it and the world followed after it.I know what the beast is and I know who those are that followed it.Just a few more years and they shall be marked.

They should have waited for the Messiah before entering the promised land.
They didnt wait on the Lord.They followed the beast.

I'm not afraid to correct you...

1 jOHN 2;18

You only care to address the latter phrase with the words "many antichrists", which is plural.

But the previous phrase "that antichrist shall come" is singular, meaning a particular one.

And that particular singular 'antichrist' is what all the Matt.24:23-26, 2 Thess.2:3-4, and Rev.13:11 forward, Rev.11:7, and Rev.17:8-11, and 2 Cor.11 "another Jesus" Scripture examples are about.

God's Word points to a specific entity coming to work great signs and wonders on this earth to deceive with, and that in many Scripture examples. But you prefer that one little phrase of "many antichrists" over all that Bible evidence? Doing that is especially the idea of 'leaven' our Lord Jesus warned us about. A little piece of dough with a whole lot of leaven (men's traditions) added to it (Matt.16:6-12).