Marriage-Divorce-Remarriage is not Adultery

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wait one moment.. hold your horses, I need to get clarity from you about this!!! Episkopos, are you saying that EVERYONE who has a mental illness, and comes to Christ by faith, will be perfectly healed in the mind and miraculously and instantly be given a perfectly and completely healthy mind? Yes or No?

God bless.

What I'm saying is that a person who suffers from an illness that can cloud judgment should refrain from trying to teach anyone until God gives that person soundness of mind. We are not to be many teachers as these will receive the harder judgment.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
What I'm saying is that a person who suffers from an illness that can cloud judgment should refrain from trying to teach anyone until God gives that person soundness of mind. We are not to be many teachers as these will receive the harder judgment.

Did Job have "soundness of mind" when he wished he would die and was upset and questioning the love and integrity of God? Yes or No?

Did the Christian world learn a lot from Job even though it seems he didn't have "soundness of mind"?

Are you suggesting that anyone with a mental illness who loves Jesus and has sincere faith in Christ, cannot teach anyone about anything? Yes or No?

God bless.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did Job have "soundness of mind" when he wished he would die and was upset and questioning the love and integrity of God? Yes or No?

Did the Christian world learn a lot from Job even though it seems he didn't have "soundness of mind"?

Are you suggesting that anyone with a mental illness who loves Jesus and has sincere faith in Christ, cannot teach anyone about anything? Yes or No?

God bless.

Are you suggesting that someone with a mental illness is fit to teach others?

richard79408

Mar 20, 2012
Greetings,

one of the "misunderstood and thus mis applied phrases in Matt 19:3-9 is hardness of heart. There is a good overview found here

http://rgfheart.com/abs/ezra/heart/

Richard

I forgot to add that in this section I believe a part of it is in old English.

Greetings from sunny Texas,

Again, one of the issues that we each face is how easily we get detoured and take side journeys and sometimes to the point we go far astray from the point of the message that started it all.

First- many who use the term "Adultery" are not using the biblical definition of Adultery--but one that man has developed over the years. And that leads to a misunderstanding and appllication of other terms related to MDR.

For instance, How many at some leverl equate or associate Restitution with the word Repentance? Here is a very short analogy and examination of this not so good an idea for association. http://rgfheart.com/abs/ezra/repent/
It is a short read but informative and will give all of us something to think about

Richard

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Are you suggesting that someone with a mental illness is fit to teach others?

Why do you keep sidestepping my questions and refusing to answer my questions, and then ask me questions instead in an attempt to run and hide from my questions?

Answer my questions before you ask me questions. I will happily and fairly answer your questions if you answer my questions first.

God bless.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Hold your horses WK, you did a backflip now. Just so there is no misunderstanding, are you now teaching and claiming that a person can sincerely come to Christ and be saved by faith + grace alone and be saved and inherit eternal life, even if they REFUSE to REPENT? Yes or No?

Can you please explain and contextualize this verse for me?

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.

God bless.

Okay, I understand now. You apparently have a problem with reading comprehension. So, with this in mind, I will give you more patience than I had originally planned.

Nothing in my post had anything to do with your question. Nothing in my post had anything to do with salvation. My post was only about marriage and divorce.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Okay, I understand now. You apparently have a problem with reading comprehension. So, with this in mind, I will give you more patience than I had originally planned.

Nothing in my post had anything to do with your question. Nothing in my post had anything to do with salvation. My post was only about marriage and divorce.

So WK, instead of answering my questions, addressing my post, you have resorted to more personal insults upon me. Fine. I forgive you and I love you and only want the best for you.

God bless.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
This guy hijacks and sucks the life out of threads in which people engage him.

Trolls-3.gif

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
So WK, instead of answering my questions, addressing my post, you have resorted to more personal insults upon me. Fine. I forgive you and I love you and only want the best for you.

God bless.

I meant this with respect. As I stated in the "Silly arguments" thread. You have not understood a single post of mine. This tells me that you have a problem with reading comprehension. This wasn't intended as an insult. The fact that you have shown me that you don't understand what I say, tells me this is the case. Since this is the case, I'm willing to show you more patience, and take the time to try to explain to you what I mean.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
I meant this with respect. As I stated in the "Silly arguments" thread. You have not understood a single post of mine. This tells me that you have a problem with reading comprehension. This wasn't intended as an insult. The fact that you have shown me that you don't understand what I say, tells me this is the case. Since this is the case, I'm willing to show you more patience, and take the time to try to explain to you what I mean.

Who told you that I haven't understood your comments? I certainly have understood what you believe and teach, but you always use the reasoning that if someone doesn't completely agree with your beliefs that we do not understand what you say and that we have a problem with reading comprehension.

Now back on topic... can you show me anywhere in Bible where God teaches that people can get a divorce if adultery has not occurred within the marriage. I would really appreciate it.

But thank you WK for not attacking me and insulting me like so many others are doing by accusing me of having a bad heart and being a troll etc.

God bless.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Who told you that I haven't understood your comments? I certainly have understood what you believe and teach, but you always use the reasoning that if someone doesn't completely agree with your beliefs that we do not understand what you say and that we have a problem with reading comprehension.

Now back on topic... can you show me anywhere in Bible where God teaches that people can get a divorce if adultery has not occurred within the marriage. I would really appreciate it.

But thank you WK for not attacking me and insulting me like so many others are doing by accusing me of having a bad heart and being a troll etc.

God bless.

I never said any of that. I haven't disagreed with you on a belief other than tithing. Even on that post, I didn't disagree with you directly. I took issue with a certain thing you said.

Aside from that, I've disagreed with many peoples beliefs on this forum, as many have mine. What we've done was have an exchange of ideas. I never accused anyone of anything that wasn't blatanly obvious. If someone disagrees, they disagree and we have a discussion where both sides present their views. If there is a misunderstanding in a line of thought, all efforts are made by BOTH parties to try to convey, and explain in a plain manor that can be understood by others.

Now, what you've shown me many times is that you're not understanding my posts. It's obvious. It's simple, even if I'm agreeing with you, yet using my own personal communication of thought, you don't seem to understand. You keep bringing up questions and assertions that were never mentioned, and never intended with what I say. This is why I say you have a reading comprehension problem.

An example,,

Me:- I like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on Sunday afternoons.

You:- Are you saying you don't obey the 10 commandments?

Me:- No, I'm saying I like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on Sunday afternoons.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
...Aside from that, I've disagreed with many peoples beliefs on this forum..

Yes that is true, but notice something very carefully, not once have I accused someone of being Satan, or a Devil follower or a troll, but they have accused me of such things. That's the difference between me and those people, they personally attack me just because I challenge their beliefs, but when they challenge my beliefs, I never resort to accusing them of being Satan or a Devil follower or a troll, I just focus on the topic.

Now back onto the thread topic...can you show me anywhere in Bible where God teaches that people can get a divorce if adultery has not occurred within the marriage?

God bless.

richard79408

Mar 20, 2012
Greetings,

you said--Now back onto the thread topic...can you show me anywhere in Bible where God teaches that people can get a divorce if adultery has not occurred within the marriage?

My observation--Deut 24:1-4. This is where God regulates His people--the Jews-not anyone else. When you teach your above statement have you ever given any thought that you are teaching the doctrine of demons when it comes to who can and who cannot marry?

Actually,not my belief but bible teaching--God has never ever authorized a divorce for Adultery for His people. He had the offended put away, that is cast out, deserted abandoned followed by stoning to death. God has not given such teaching for anyone today since the Mosaic law went away at the cross..Which in and of itself is another story..
You see most folks who teach as you do really don't know that your doctrine comes from the Roman Catholic Church who used it to make billions over the centuries.
As I sit in my office this am the sun is shining and it is going to be a beautiful day--may your day be as well.

Richard 79408

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why do you keep sidestepping my questions and refusing to answer my questions, and then ask me questions instead in an attempt to run and hide from my questions?

Answer my questions before you ask me questions. I will happily and fairly answer your questions if you answer my questions first.

God bless.

Job was afflicted in his body not his mind.

Teach anything? How about teach everything! A person with a mental illness is not qualified to teach everything.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Job was afflicted in his body not his mind.

Teach anything? How about teach everything! A person with a mental illness is not qualified to teach everything.

So as not to give the adversary room to find fault with your words, Job actually was quite afflicted in his mind. But that is quite different from mental illness, which our guest has (per his own confession), and is what I'm sure you were referring to.

This person actually has taught me a valuable object lesson, i.e., how utterly vain bible knowledge is without spiritual fruit. A faith that produces bible knowledge, but doesn't produce the fruits of meekness, mercy, agape, self-control, peace, the knowledge of the cross of Christ, endurance, godliness, brotherly affection, is dead. It is actually not the faith of Christ.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
God is a divorcee, and Israel is His ex-wife (Jer. 3:8).

Good point, and this fits with scripture.
Yes that is true, but notice something very carefully, not once have I accused someone of being Satan, or a Devil follower or a troll, but they have accused me of such things. That's the difference between me and those people, they personally attack me just because I challenge their beliefs, but when they challenge my beliefs, I never resort to accusing them of being Satan or a Devil follower or a troll, I just focus on the topic.

Now back onto the thread topic...can you show me anywhere in Bible where God teaches that people can get a divorce if adultery has not occurred within the marriage?

God bless.

I never said that.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So as not to give the adversary room to find fault with your words, Job actually was quite afflicted in his mind. But that is quite different from mental illness, which our guest has (per his own confession), and is what I'm sure you were referring to.

This person actually has taught me a valuable object lesson, i.e., how utterly vain bible knowledge is without spiritual fruit. A faith that produces bible knowledge, but doesn't produce the fruits of meekness, mercy, agape, self-control, peace, the knowledge of the cross of Christ, endurance, godliness, brotherly affection, is dead. It is actually not the faith of Christ.

2Ti_1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Reactions: WhiteKnuckle

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Greetings,

you said--Now back onto the thread topic...can you show me anywhere in Bible where God teaches that people can get a divorce if adultery has not occurred within the marriage?

My observation--Deut 24:1-4. This is where God regulates His people--the Jews-not anyone else. When you teach your above statement have you ever given any thought that you are teaching the doctrine of demons when it comes to who can and who cannot marry?

Actually,not my belief but bible teaching--God has never ever authorized a divorce for Adultery for His people. He had the offended put away, that is cast out, deserted abandoned followed by stoning to death. God has not given such teaching for anyone today since the Mosaic law went away at the cross..Which in and of itself is another story..
You see most folks who teach as you do really don't know that your doctrine comes from the Roman Catholic Church who used it to make billions over the centuries.
As I sit in my office this am the sun is shining and it is going to be a beautiful day--may your day be as well.

Richard 79408

So Richard, just so there is no misunderstanding, are you saying and teaching that God has approved for people to get divorced for any reasons, even if adultery never occurred in the marriage? Yes or No? In other words, are you saying that God approves ALL divorces, NO MATTER what circumstances? Yes or No?

And Richard, where exactly in Bible does it show where God teaches that people can get a divorce if adultery has not occurred within the marriage? Deut 24 doesn't talk about it, so where in the New Testament does God talk about it?

Thank you.

God bless.

God is a divorcee, and Israel is His ex-wife (Jer. 3:8).

Not true!!! God did not divorce anyone, they divorced him. Big difference.

Malachi 2:16: “I hate divorce, says the LORD God of Israel.”

God bless.

Job was afflicted in his body not his mind....

Are you saying Job was in healthy and balanced mind when he questioned God and wished he was dead and would die? Yes or No? Job was suicidal, are suicidal people of good and sound mind? Yes or No?

And did the world learn anything from Job during his time of being suicidal? Yes or No?

God bless.

... without spiritual fruit. A faith that produces bible knowledge, but doesn't produce the fruits of meekness, mercy, agape, self-control, peace, the knowledge of the cross of Christ, endurance, godliness, brotherly affection, is dead. It is actually not the faith of Christ.

What "spiritual truth" have I rejected? Tell me.

Secondly, you and many others have personally attacked my character, torn me down, told others how bad and evil person I am, I have been called Satan and a Devil follower on this forum by some people, yet never I have attacked anyone or called them evil. Now tell me, who is producing the fruit and who is not? And remember I am a person with feelings, and it hurts when someone continues to accuse me of being Satan.

I believe and teach that Jesus is Lord, Saviour, God, Messiah and the Lamb of God and only through Christ are we saved, Him being our complete Saviour. I believe and teach the Gospel of justification, sanctification, righteousness and salvation by faith and grace alone and that we are credited and imputed Jesus' perfection and righteousness as a free gift. I believe and teach that the blood of the Lamb washes away our sins. Now tell me, is there any truth in what I believe and say and teach?

I sincerely love you and all the others who have attacked me and accused me of being Satan and I forgive you all.

God bless.

2Ti_1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

So what advice do you give to all the millions of Christian people in the world who are mentally ill? That every single one of them should keep silent about Jesus and never share their beliefs and experiences about Jesus?

I have traveled around Australia and preached the Good News in many different places. The last place there were over 100 people who heard me share the Gospel and many came to the front in the end to give their hearts to Jesus. Do you believe God wants me to immediately stop sharing Jesus and the Gospel with everyone? Yes or No?

I have been asked by many people to share my testimony and how my life was before I knew Jesus and how I came to love and accept and trust in Jesus as my Lord and Saviour. Even Bruce Marchiano who played Jesus in the Matthew and Acts Christian DVDs has asked me for my permission to use my Testimony in his ministry! Bruce heard about my Testimony from someone and personally contacted me about it. Do you believe it was wrong off me to share my Testimony with Bruce and others and wrong of them to use my Testimony which talks about how I came to understand the Gospel in Jesus and how I came to embrace Christ as my Lord and Saviour.

SO tell me Episkopos, should I immediately stop sharing my Testimony with others, even kids who are experimenting with drugs and gangs etc, and should I immediately stop sharing the Gospel with others? Is that God's will for my life do you claim?

Do you believe I should immediately remove myself from this Christian forum and any other Christian forum because I have a mental illness?

And should I immediately remove my Testimony from my website and immediately delete my whole website because I have a mental illness?

http://www.biblejesu...g/about-me.html

God bless.