Mary as New Eve

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I'd never dream of taking Christ's Church down
That's good - because you can't do it.
Jesus guaranteed that:

Matt. 16:18
And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just for clarity : this thread concerns how the Scriptures have apparently debunked the Roman Catholics' doctrine of Mary as "New Eve", the result of which appears to be the accidental, but substantive, falsification of their purported authority in interpreting Scripture and teaching doctrine based on an ostensible (apparently disproven) spiritual gift of infallibility.
Wrong.
I already Scripturally-proved the case for Mary back in post #36.

All of your ranting and whining won't change that fact . . .

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If WE are His spiritual "offspring" - then that makes Christ the New Adam. It DOESN'T make us the "New Eve" - anymore than Cain and Abel were "Eve". It would make us the offspring of the New Adam.

Ergo, your entire argument circles the drain once more . . .
God has different relationships to His People. We see when He rescues them out of Egypt He says "My firstborn son", but He later marries them. In NT language, "He who has the bride is the bridegroom". A father never marries his own son--these are relationships God has to His People. Therefore, consult, instead of ignoring, God's logic and stop relying on your own understanding--read Scripture.

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong.
I already Scripturally-proved the case for Mary back in post #36.

All of your ranting and whining won't change that fact . . .
Christ is the New Adam.
Adam's bride was his own body.
Christ's Bride is called "His body".
The Church is the New Adam's New Eve.
No doubt about that.
Together they are creating a new race.

I was just reading the Bible, I didn't intend to disprove your teachings, it just happened on its own without my involvement.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marian dogma of immaculate conception is infallibly declared. It relies in part on Mary as New Eve being true.
You failed to answer the question - so I will aske it ONE more time:
Can you explain what YOU think "Infallibility" means as it pertains to the Church or the Pope?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've failed to respond to my arguments.
No - I've pretty much DESTROYED your arguments.

As I stated before - your arguments show a real immaturity and lack of understanding of Scripture.
For example - you KEEP insisting that since the Church is the BODY of Christ - it MUST be the "New Eve".

However, you ALSO make the argument that the Church is the OFFSPRING of Christ.
Soooooo, how could His "offspring" be the New Eve??

The New Eve is the fulfillment of God's prophecy in Gen 3:16:

PROPHECY

Gen 3:15

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and HER SEED; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

FULFILLMENT
Luke 1:31

And, behold, THOU SHALT CONCEIVE in THY WOMB, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

It doesn't get ANY CLEARER in Scripture than this . . .

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You failed to answer the question - so I will aske it ONE more time:
Can you explain what YOU think "Infallibility" means as it pertains to the Church or the Pope?
The Roman Catholic Church claims the spiritual gift of infallibility in interpreting Scripture and teaching matters of morals and dogma, in the Pope's ex-Cathedra pronouncements, in the ordinary Magisterium, and it is exercised in Canonization of Saints.

Reactions: amigo de christo

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - I've pretty much DESTROYED your arguments.

As I stated before - your arguments show a real immaturity and lack of understanding of Scripture.
For example - you KEEP insisting that since the Church is the BODY of Christ - it MUST be the "New Eve".

However, you ALSO make the argument that the Church is the OFFSPRING of Christ.
Soooooo, how could His "offspring" be the New Eve??

The New Eve is the fulfillment of God's prophecy in Gen 3:16:

PROPHECY

Gen 3:15

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and HER SEED; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

FULFILLMENT
Luke 1:31

And, behold, THOU SHALT CONCEIVE in THY WOMB, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

It doesn't get ANY CLEARER in Scripture than this . . .
You've already been answered. Respond to the answer. That's how "discussion" works. Only in your world where you ignore Scriptural evidence (a specialty of Catholics) have you "destroyed" my arguments which are just Scripture.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has different relationships to His People. We see when He rescues them out of Egypt He says "My firstborn son", but He later marries them. In NT language, "He who has the bride is the bridegroom". A father never marries his own son--these are relationships God has to His People. Therefore, consult, instead of ignoring, God's logic and stop relying on your own understanding--read Scripture.
Soooooooo, you dance around and make accommodations for THIS fact - yet you can't understand how Mary can be the New Eve??

The parallel is CLEAR:
Eve
came from Adam (Gen. 2:21-22).
The New Adam came from the New Eve (Gal. 4:4).

Time to admit defeat . . .

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooooooo, you dance around and make accommodations for THIS fact - yet you can't understand how Mary can be the New Eve??

The parallel is CLEAR:
Eve
came from Adam (Gen. 2:21-22).
The New Adam came from the New Eve (Gal. 4:4).

Time to admit defeat . . .
I follow Scripture. You don't have an answer to Scripture. You don't like Scripture. You like tradition.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Roman Catholic Church claims the spiritual gift of infallibility in interpreting Scripture and teaching matters of morals and dogma, in the Pope's ex-Cathedra pronouncements, in the ordinary Magisterium, and it is exercised in Canonization of Saints.
So, what does that mean in laymen's terms.
I said to please explain YOUR understanding.

You're dancing around the issue . . .

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, what does that mean in laymen's terms.
I said to please explain YOUR understanding.

You're dancing around the issue . . .
I guess you want to believe I'm "dancing", but don't expect me to believe. I've offered solid Biblical arguments, you have expressed disdain for Scripture.
I just defeated you with Scripture, son.
You just proved you don't know Scripture and have little respect for God's Word--what was already known.

Status
Not open for further replies.