Mary as New Eve

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooooooo, you dance around and make accommodations for THIS fact - yet you can't understand how Mary can be the New Eve??
Look at this mess : you actually describe reliance on an "odd" Scriptural dynamic as "dancing around" and "making accommodations", then, just because the dynamic relied upon is "odd" you want me to find your "odd" (ie, incorrect, unScriptural) speculations and pontifications about your error on Mary as New Eve somehow reasonable. "You believe one odd thing, why not believe another?" No, that's not how believing the Bible works. I believe what is explicitly taught by God--for that ONE REASON, I BOTH accept the Church as New Eve AND necessarily reject your ignorance about Mary as New Eve.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you tell me the answer you're looking for? I'm not sure what you're fishing for.
NO - why don't YOU tell me what "Infallibility" means, as it pertains to the Church and the Pope.

YOU are the one who keeps bringing it up - so YOU need to explain it.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't simplify it further.
Your organization.
You keep using terms like, the "Roman Catholic Church" and the "Roman Catholic system".
So - WHAT is the "Roman Catholic Church"?? I don't belong to this entity.

If you're going to use terms that you can't define or explain - WHY do you use them??

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep using terms like, the "Roman Catholic Church" and the "Roman Catholic system".
So - WHAT is the "Roman Catholic Church"?? I don't belong to this entity.

If you're going to use terms that you can't define or explain - WHY do you use them??
Already did.
You call it one thing, I call it another thing.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already did.
You call it one thing, I call it another thing.
In your abject ignorance - you have used THREE terms that you don't have a CLUE about:

1. Roman Catholic Church
2. Roman Catholic System
3. Infallibility

That's 3 Strikes by MY count, son . . .

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In your abject ignorance - you have used THREE terms that you don't have a CLUE about:

1. Roman Catholic Church
2. Roman Catholic System
3. Infallibility

Well, I'm afraid we'll just have to go back to the topic then.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1. Roman Catholic Church
2. Roman Catholic System
3. Infallibility

Everything in Scripture testifies on behalf of what I've put forth (the Church as New Eve). What is your response? Disdain. You disdain God and His Word because they run afoul of your tradition. Last I checked Christ didn't smile on such things.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I'm afraid we'll just have to go back to the topic then.
That's fine - but if you're going to use ANY of those 3 terms - then you need to EXPLAIN them.
If you can't - then either admit your ignorance - or sing another tune . . .

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's fine - but if you're going to use ANY of those 3 terms - then you need to EXPLAIN them.
If you can't - then either admit your ignorance - or sing another tune . . .
Complaint already responded to. Waiting for end user to reply intelligibly.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything in Scripture testifies on behalf of what I've put forth (the Church as New Eve). What is your response? Disdain. You disdain God and His Word because they run afoul of your tradition. Last I checked Christ didn't smile on such things.
You HAVE disdain FOR someone or something.
You don't disdain THEM.

HOW old are you??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Complaint already responded to. Waiting for end user to reply intelligibly.
No - if you KNEW what those 3 terms meant - then you'd be embarrassed to use them.
You have NO idea what the Roman Catholic Church is - NOR do you understand Infallibility.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - if you KNEW what those 3 terms meant - then you'd be embarrassed to use them.
You have NO idea what the Roman Catholic Church is - NOR do you understand Infallibility.
Complaint already answered.

Also not relevant, really, to the dismantling of your Church's error going on here.

May 17, 2021
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Also, the Roman Catholics try to claim Mary is "Spouse of the Spirit". Sorry, if she were the "New Eve" that would make the Spirit the "New Adam". Oops! That position's already taken! That's Christ! lol

We are all the Bride of Christ. Mary is the first Christian and, therefore, like us, represents the Church. Her obedience and humility is an example to us, as is, her current perfection, which we will hopefully experience in Heaven. In a way, as the bride of Christ, we can be seen as a new Eve.

But, Mary is the first, and an example for us all.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all the Bride of Christ. Mary is the first Christian and, therefore, like us, represents the Church. Her obedience and humility is an example to us, as is, her current perfection, which we will hopefully experience in Heaven. In a way, as the bride of Christ, we can be seen as a new Eve.

But, Mary is the first, and an example for us all.
Mary is not the New Eve, the Church is.

Show me any of three empty traditions you espouse here in Scripture.

Perhaps by that same logic, Christ isn't the only "New Adam" since the Pope's are all supposedly in His stead--maybe there're many dozens of "New Adam"s.

You'd believe any baselesss
ad hoc arbitrary imagination to save your erroneous tradition, but you won't believe God's Word because it militates against your empty tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.