Mary & Eve!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary & Eve!

Eve was of the First creation: carnal
Mary of the New creation: spiritual

Eve the cos of Sin and curse disobeyed God! Gen 3:12
Mary cos of salvation, Lk 1:30 & consented to our salvation Lk 1:38 obeyed God & found our salvation Lk 1:30

Eve mourned:
Mary rejoiced: Lk 1:46

Eve gave birth to the all sinners: mother of all the living. Gen 3:20
Mary to the savior of all men: mother of all living in Christ. Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17

Mary the mother of God! Lk 1:43

Eve brought punishment: gen 3:16
Mary salvation: Lk 1:30 & 38 Lk 2:30

Eve source of sin: gen 3:16
Mary source of grace: Lk 1:30 & 38

Eve brought death: gen 3:19
Mary life: Jn 1:16-17 & Jn 10:10

Eve only wounds & suffering: gen 3:19
Mary healing:

Eve infidelity: gen 3:6
Mary faithfulness: Lk 1:45

Eve offended the Lord: gen 3:6-7
Mary’s soul (being) doth magnify the Lord: Lk 1:46

Eve cursed: gen 3:17-19
Mary blessed: Lk 1:28

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women!
Lk 1:28

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mary & Eve!

Mary cos of salvation, Lk 1:30 & consented to our salvation Lk 1:38 obeyed God & found our salvation Lk 1:30

Eve mourned:

Mary to the savior of all men: mother of all living in Christ. Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17

Mary healing:

You are intent on misrepresenting the scripture whose emphasis is Adam and Jesus not Mary and Eve. This is how the system you uphold has done it through the ages. You attempt to eclipse the straightforward and plain words of inspiration with inverted and twisted understandings. Shame on you!

Reactions: Rita

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are intent on misrepresenting the scripture whose emphasis is Adam and Jesus not Mary and Eve. This is how the system you uphold has done it through the ages. You attempt to eclipse the straightforward and plain words of inspiration with inverted and twisted understandings. Shame on you!

did eve consent to the fall? Gen 3:12

did mary consent to our salvation? Lk 1:38

Did mary find our salvation Lk 1:30

mother of our salvation Lk 2:30

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary & Eve!

Eve mourned:

Mary healing:

that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. but it is not the Word of God but simply the Word of theefaith.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jude 1:3 contend for thee faith

you can’t make up you’re own faith and say it’s biblical
Neither can you simply walk according to family history and say that it is truth! What Solomon wrote down as inspired by God some 3,000 years ago applies also today:

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Prov. 14:12

How can a person know that the way he is choosing is really the Way of Life?

What is that a man sees? What is it that a man needs to follow?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither can you simply walk according to family history and say that it is truth! What Solomon wrote down as inspired by God some 3,000 years ago applies also today:

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Prov. 14:12

How can a person know that the way he is choosing is really the Way of Life?

What is that a man sees? What is it that a man needs to follow?

Are you believing the doctrine of the “Bible alone”? Or the Bible is the only authority?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you believing the doctrine of the “Bible alone”? Or the Bible is the only authority?
No, to both questions!
I believe that the only authority is God! Sometimes He may give authority to men, but how is a person to know to whom God has given authority if the person cannot hear from God?

Reactions: Nancy

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you tell the difference?

Simple. The bible does not equate what thee faith equated. So it is of human construct. It may be used to exemplify things, but to make them doctrinal is wrong.

Example:

The book of JOnah is a true story. But from this true account we may glean many lessons on a personal level. Like when the fish swallowed Jonah, god also sends along something in our lives to bring us back to our senses and return us to do the right thing. That is an application, not an interpretation.

Biblical accounts may contain many personal applications, but there is only one interpretation. Personal applications are lessons god teaches us to grow in Him.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you distinguish the Word of God from the word of other guy?

Easy. I hold to what is called teh literal/historical/grammatical method of understanding Scripture.

what this simply means is that God said what He meant and meant what He said!
when the Bible does use symbols and parables, it also defines them so we do not need any outside help other than SCripture to see what is being said.

We establish doctrine or truth by comparing Scripture with Scripture as written. symbolic language do not create doctrine. When someone says something like this:

"Th is is what is written, but this is what it means", be very very careful. I do not hav a100% lock on all things by any stretch of the imagination. I have found however that the method used (which is what we use unconsciously with all literature) does the least harm to Scripture.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Easy. I hold to what is called teh literal/historical/grammatical method of understanding Scripture.

what this simply means is that God said what He meant and meant what He said!
when the Bible does use symbols and parables, it also defines them so we do not need any outside help other than SCripture to see what is being said.

We establish doctrine or truth by comparing Scripture with Scripture as written. symbolic language do not create doctrine. When someone says something like this:

"Th is is what is written, but this is what it means", be very very careful. I do not hav a100% lock on all things by any stretch of the imagination. I have found however that the method used (which is what we use unconsciously with all literature) does the least harm to Scripture.
@Ronald Nolette The meaning of words by their context is so important, indeed...

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, to both questions!
I believe that the only authority is God! Sometimes He may give authority to men, but how is a person to know to whom God has given authority if the person cannot hear from God?
@theefaith Did you ever read this response and my questions?

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We establish doctrine or truth by comparing Scripture with Scripture as written. sy
Truth doesn't violate truth. But that doesn't establish doctrine. It establishes that it doesn't contradict what we believe we know.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theefaith Did you ever read this response and my questions?

Christ and His church!

Jesus is the truth!

Jn 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Jn 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

To know the truth it is required to know Jesus Christ!

The truth is not some thing but somebody! Jesus Christ!

The church is an extension of Christ!

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Fundamentalism drives a wedge between Christ and his church, separates Christ from His kingdom, and the authority of Christ from the new covenant!

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth doesn't violate truth. But that doesn't establish doctrine. It establishes that it doesn't contradict what we believe we know.

Yes it does. As I have told my students over the years; Doctrine is nothing more than Gods opinion on a subject.

All Doctrine is gleaned from Scripture:

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
here is a bishop or apostle

Not only does he call himself reverand but most reverand . And folks wonder why we ought not to heed such men .
They are full of themselves . There are many bishops and many apostels . But just cause a man calls himself one
dont make him one . Just cause a fox is in the hen coop dont make it a hen my friend .
And the chickens that sit under it , will find that out too little too late .

Reactions: Marvelloustime