Mary is the tree of life!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

Scripture demands that call Mary blessed!

To do so would be to honor Mary!

To do so is to praise Mary!

To do so is to venerate Mary!

All Christians must say with the angels; “Hail Mary” ever blessed!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lk 1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

It’s biblical wow!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
maybe not in so many words, but when you say “mary is the tree” or “mary is all-_______,” you essentially say the same thing, wadr.

only in your fundamentalist mind
Mary automatically means idolatry

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

i mean pls already; Scripture now “demands” that i call her blessed?
just listen to yourself for minute, if you will
or i mean dont, ok with me, but imo at least accept your position there, that you not be perceived as a (deliberate) hypocrite

Reactions: Jim B

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
only in your fundamentalist mind
mark, the fundie
lol

Mary automatically means idolatry
pls, i can admit that “mary” was blessed, and even venerate her, as far as that goes, but every, single post? Speaks of a different kind of thing, imo
which again i am not trying to stop you doing, ok, bam carry on :)
have a nice day ok

Reactions: Jim B and amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Lk 1:42
42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

In you’re Bible yes!

it’s a biblical principle not a literal tree

Jesus is the life! Yes Jn 14:6
if it were a tree, it would have dogma…and sure enough- although it is hardly Scriptural—it does,
Marianism - Wikipedia
Marianismo - Wikipedia

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i mean pls already; Scripture now “demands” that i call her blessed?
just listen to yourself for minute, if you will
or i mean dont, ok with me, but imo at least accept your position there, that you not be perceived as a (deliberate) hypocrite

Lk 1:48 is not scripture?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mark, the fundie
lol

pls, i can admit that “mary” was blessed, and even venerate her, as far as that goes, but every, single post? Speaks of a different kind of thing, imo
have a nice day ok

why was she blessed?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mark, the fundie
lol

have a nice day ok
Aye... he, @theefaith scarcely mentions the one who is named as Savior except almost as an afterthought in connection with Mary, the carnal mother of Jesus. Of what name does the following verse speak?

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12

What say the two immediately preceding verses?

"Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner." Acts 4:10-11

And there is this:

"Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD:
This gate of the LORD, into which the righteous shall enter.
I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.
The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner." Psalm 118:19-22

What does it means? Rejoice in Jesus's mother? Who is she?

"Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother." Matt 12:47-50

Is that not the Church? Is that not the Body of Christ... rather than the simple woman who was only a type or shadow of the reality? Should we honor the shadow more than the Reality?

"Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all." Eph 1:21-23

"And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence." Col 1:17-18

Reactions: Jim B and bbyrd009

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who ever said: Mary was God?
Who ever said: worship Mary?
What church teaches that?
Rome.
II. Devotion to the Blessed Virgin (2673–2679) 971 “All generations will call me blessed”: “The Church’s devotion to the Blessed Virgin is intrinsic to Christian worship.” The Church rightly honors “the Blessed Virgin with special devotion. From the most ancient times the Blessed Virgin has been honored with the title of ‘Mother of God,’ to whose protection the faithful fly in all their dangers and needs.… This very special devotion … differs essentially from the adoration which is given to the incarnate Word and equally to the Father and the Holy Spirit, and greatly fosters this adoration.” The liturgical feasts dedicated to the Mother of God and Marian prayer, such as the rosary, an “epitome of the whole Gospel,” express this devotion to the Virgin Mary. (1172; 2678)

Catholic Church, Catechism of the Catholic Church, 2nd Ed. (Vatican City: Libreria Editrice Vaticana, 1997), 253.

devotion ■ noun 1 love, loyalty, or enthusiasm for a person or activity. 2 religious worship or observance. ▶ (devotions) prayers or religious observances. —derivatives devotional adjective devotionally adverb

Catherine Soanes and Angus Stevenson, eds., Concise Oxford English Dictionary (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2004).

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
so, a beautiful, Scripture-free missive on Mary worship and even praying to Mary (yikes), that you are more than welcome to, if thats the way you want to go
why was she blessed?
well for that we would have to have a convo on who mary even is/represents, as we are a long ways from any agreement there, i guess
The amazing name Mary: meaning and etymology
i mean, were you aware that the name mary occurs ezackly 40 times in the NT?
know what “40” reps?
anyway, although i dont agree with that guy in the link completely, it may serve as a good beginning overview; although we will be limited by your present belief that Mary actually existed as a person…and deserves the kind of veneration you seem to be so intent upon

but you might contemplate how the virgin will be with child would have been heard by a contemporary audience, if you will, and maybe allow the Scriptural “Mary” to take her rightful place; short answer, Athena worshippers were not “bad,” surely, that was just the best understanding that they had then, and was chosen (so to speak) to be the tree that would bear Christianity, loosely speaking

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
or, you might see what the RCC has warped “Mary” into,
Rome.
II. Devotion to the Blessed Virgin (2673–2679) 971 “All generations will call me blessed”: “The Church’s devotion to the Blessed Virgin is intrinsic to Christian worship.” The Church rightly honors “the Blessed Virgin with special devotion. From the most ancient times the Blessed Virgin has been honored with the title of ‘Mother of God,’ to whose protection the faithful fly in all their dangers and needs.… This very special devotion … differs essentially from the adoration which is given to the incarnate Word and equally to the Father and the Holy Spirit, and greatly fosters this adoration.” The liturgical feasts dedicated to the Mother of God and Marian prayer, such as the rosary, an “epitome of the whole Gospel,” express this devotion to the Virgin Mary. (1172; 2678)

Catholic Church, Catechism of the Catholic Church, 2nd Ed. (Vatican City: Libreria Editrice Vaticana, 1997), 253.

devotion ■ noun 1 love, loyalty, or enthusiasm for a person or activity. 2 religious worship or observance. ▶ (devotions) prayers or religious observances. —derivatives devotional adjective devotionally adverb

Catherine Soanes and Angus Stevenson, eds., Concise Oxford English Dictionary (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2004).
and the choice is entirely up to you ok, but none of that up there is considered “Christian” the way we define that now; that involves popes, and confessing in dark closets to men called “father,” cloistering, and all sorts of other things considered heretical to Christianity. Not saying that Catholics cannot be great people, doing great works, ok

so, i guess im prolly not really being heard here, this insistence on “Christianity” being the standard is…not such a good thing, imo, very excluding

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary is the Tree of life!

Our life! Our sweetness! And Our hope!

Anti-Mary is Anti-Christ cos He is source of all grace that she received!
And Mary received all the graces that are given to men!
Lk 1:28

Tree of life!

Jesus is this tree?
Mary is this tree?

Genesis 3:22
And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: (Jn 6:51)

Genesis 3:24
So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Proverbs 3:18
She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.

Proverbs 11:30
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

Revelation 2:7
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

A Good tree cannot bear bad fruit!
A biblical principle approved by Jesus even though He knew it would be used to defend His sinless mother!

Mary is the tree of life!
Mary is not the tree of life. You have some false doctrine that seems to come up. The closest being to the tree of life is the Holy Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit heals and makes alive for the resurrection of Christ and the Father.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lk 1:42
42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

In you’re Bible yes!

it’s a biblical principle not a literal tree

Jesus is the life! Yes Jn 14:6

Ah right, so you actually believe Jesus to be the tree of life and not Mary. Okay, I must have misinterpreted you.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aye... he, @theefaith scarcely mentions the one who is named as Savior except almost as an afterthought in connection with Mary, the carnal mother of Jesus. Of what name does the following verse speak?

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12

What say the two immediately preceding verses?

"Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner." Acts 4:10-11

And there is this:

"Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD:
This gate of the LORD, into which the righteous shall enter.
I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.
The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner." Psalm 118:19-22

What does it means? Rejoice in Jesus's mother? Who is she?

"Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother." Matt 12:47-50

Is that not the Church? Is that not the Body of Christ... rather than the simple woman who was only a type or shadow of the reality? Should we honor the shadow more than the Reality?

"Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all." Eph 1:21-23

"And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence." Col 1:17-18

if you would check the praise forum I just posted this

Acts 4:30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mary is a sinner in need of a Savior like all mankind. End of discussion. She even confess He is her Savior. Luke 1:47: Luke 2:11

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rome.

devotion is not worship

Brothers of Jesus Not the children of Mary!

Jose’s, Simon Salome are children of another Mary!

Mk 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;

Acts 4:36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

(Cannot be Mary’s child, Mary was of the tribe of Judah and the royal house of David the king!)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rome.

: “The Church’s devotion to the Blessed Virgin is intrinsic to Christian worship.”

This the worship, the holy sacrifice of Christ is in honor of Mary but it is only God who is worshipped and adored!

Status
Not open for further replies.