Mass Shootings and Gun Control

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it seems that sometimes we need to do what is RIGHT. And if that means breaking man's law to obey GOD's then that's how it is. So ...

Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

... or maybe what happened to the Jews won't happen to the church.

Bobby Jo

Who is breaking mans laws to obey God's laws?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is another lie the gun control advocates are putting forth. They not only lie about the gun shows but they lie about buying guns off the internet. They act as if they can buy a gun off the internet without a background check.

Again, that would only pertain to an individual selling his own gun. It doesn't pertain to the hundreds of gun dealers selling their guns on the internet.

Plus if you as a private individual try and sell an AR-15 or any other semi-automatic weapon off of the internet, all the Feds have to do is call you, feign an interest in buying, meet up with you, and they then have the information they need.

The individual is still doing nothing wrong. And the Feds know who sold an AR-15. Gee, would they do that?

Craigslist no longer allows guns to be sold.

Stranger

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well then the argument never ends. Only the law abiding citizen loses. If all guns were gone from America there would be just as much destruction from the hands of those that chose to prey on others. Maybe more as the threat that the victim may possess a legal firearm no longer exists...as is the case in Chicago.
Next will be swords, knives, bats, umbrellas,,,,

Thought I would respond to this post here, instead of doing it in the BLM thread.

---------------

Well if we look at Australia's population and America's population.

Australia acted early, back when it had 18.2 million people in 1996, if USA were to act that early they would have had to do something about it a bit after 1840, when they only had 17 million people.

Australia's government changed gun laws, bought back firearm weapons and added tough gun restrictions after the Port Arthur Massacre in 1996 which killed 35 people.

Port Arthur massacre (Australia) - Wikipedia

Since then the biggest mass shooting was in 2018 where 7 people died. It was not a public mass shooting.

Osmington shooting - Wikipedia

Reactions: Pisteuo

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think gun control will effect the population one way or another. Stats go up and down everywhere but evil doesn’t change. We have many examples here in the U.S. where gun control hasn’t made a difference or has hurt the affected areas. Not to mention that here it’s not just a privilege to own a gun, but a constitutional right. We are privileged to have that right. A right that shouldn’t be infringed upon because someone evil decides to do evil. Adding more laws for the law abiding won’t slow down the lawless.

Reactions: Taken and Bobby Jo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mass Shootings and Gun Control
OP ^

Gun Control-
True Mastered knowledge of a gun; it's Design, How it Operates, its Capability, stabled practiced Use on a Target.

Mass Shootings-
Novice Willy Nilly unstable Operator often having had exhibited:
... anger, isolation, depressive moods, resentments, jealousy...

(IOW- appears individuals teetering on their own selfless worth, are Intent are punishing others for their own degrading feelings).

Reactions: Nancy

Scoot

May 14, 2020
Victoria, Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thought I would respond to this post here, instead of doing it in the BLM thread.

---------------

Well if we look at Australia's population and America's population.

Australia acted early, back when it had 18.2 million people in 1996, if USA were to act that early they would have had to do something about it a bit after 1840, when they only had 17 million people.

Australia's government changed gun laws, bought back firearm weapons and added tough gun restrictions after the Port Arthur Massacre in 1996 which killed 35 people.

Port Arthur massacre (Australia) - Wikipedia

Since then the biggest mass shooting was in 2018 where 7 people died. It was not a public mass shooting.

Osmington shooting - Wikipedia

Hi Josho - Please - PLEASE don't trust what the leftist anti-gun media is telling you about Australian guns and the 'success' of the gun buyback anymore than you would trust them about anything else. The information is misleading at best - and falsified in a number of instances.

Australia's stats for gun shootings were on the decline decades before 1996. Additionally, there are more guns in circulation now than there were prior to 1996. (Many of the handed in guns were actually old, rusty, unusable guns. Most of the people I know who handed in guns used the money they got to buy new guns). It was a farce, and it was more a publicity stunt, and a way of bringing in tougher gun laws (that were tougher against law abiding people - not against criminals).

The assault weapon used at P.A. was already illegal in Tasmania at the time. (In fact - it actually was listed as being in custody of Victoria Police. How it got out and got to Tasmania we don't know, and no investigation was ever entered into). I'm not going down the line of conspiracy theories, but the weapon used at PA was already illegal, and Martian Bryant was already someone who was turned down from purchasing firearms by the existing laws. The changes made in 1996 alone would not have stopped what happened because the laws to stop it were already in effect, and we don't know how or why Martian came to possess the firearms.

Additionally, Australia can not be compared with America, for many reason. One being due to the guns in circulation already and the significant unbalance it would create between civilians and criminals. Another being that Australia has no bill of freedom rights, or rights like America. We aren't truly a free country like America (not protected with the same constitutional rights). America's culture is more towards self sufficiency and the government being accountable to the people. Australia has become more government dependent. Even though we are two western nations - we are vastly different.

Finally - If you want to use Australia as an example for American's - we need to tell them the full stories of what happens here and ask them if that's what they want for their country too. Take a recent situation in NSW where a rural property owner was woken up in the early hours of the morning by someone armed with a knife and (I can't remember the other thing) trying to break into his house. The owner of the house got his .22 rifle as a prop (unloaded, and never pointed at the intruder) solely to be used as a 'prop' - as a way of trying to deter the armed intruder from attacking him or his family. The owner of the house had all firearms confiscated and was treated as a criminal while investigations were under way.

I hate seeing mass shooting in America. My heart goes out to them. But I am convinced that tougher gun laws will only make the problems worse, not better as the black market would grow and good people would be handicapped.

Reactions: Taken and Bobby Jo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been watching a true crime channel for like two weeks straight. After my two week murder channel binge I think that every law abiding citizen should be armed, especially women. I think about one out of every two people is a killer now lol.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been watching a true crime channel for like two weeks straight. After my two week murder channel binge I think that every law abiding citizen should be armed, especially women. I think about one out of every two people is a killer now lol.

Personally , I think Public Schools "SHOULD" be Teaching every student...
Reading, Writing, Vocabulary, Math, Scriptural Principles, US Constitution, States Constitutions, Government Structure, Discipline, Gun /Knife knowledge and use....Responsibilities and Consequences for Choices and Actions.

IF as much Time, Effort, Money Was "INVESTED" in those things....as compared to "Sports"...
We MIGHT...begin to See the positive Effect of America's Citizentry.

The "CDC", has analyzed and reported their findings, that 1 in 5 adults in the US have a "Mental Disability".

LOL...Does anyone see something Amiss in that Picture?

What the heck?? Is Public Education "TEACHING" children how to BE depressed, BE insecure, BE a failure...but yet boot them on to the next Grade?

Well, ya they are....Babysitters.
And that ( 1 out of the 5?)... off in a computer Lab, being taught by a Computer!
(You know who they are...by the bumper stickers...the Honor Students!).

I agree, every Adult American Citizen should be Trained and Armed. ^5

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Personally , I think Public Schools "SHOULD" be Teaching every student...
Reading, Writing, Vocabulary, Math, Scriptural Principles, US Constitution, States Constitutions, Government Structure, Discipline, Gun /Knife knowledge and use....Responsibilities and Consequences for Choices and Actions.

IF as much Time, Effort, Money Was "INVESTED" in those things....as compared to "Sports"...
We MIGHT...begin to See the positive Effect of America's Citizentry.

The "CDC", has analyzed and reported their findings, that 1 in 5 adults in the US have a "Mental Disability".

LOL...Does anyone see something Amiss in that Picture?

What the heck?? Is Public Education "TEACHING" children how to BE depressed, BE insecure, BE a failure...but yet boot them on to the next Grade?

Well, ya they are....Babysitters.
And that ( 1 out of the 5?)... off in a computer Lab, being taught by a Computer!
(You know who they are...by the bumper stickers...the Honor Students!).

I agree, every Adult American Citizen should be Trained and Armed. ^5
I agree with you.
All the problems have been created in Australia due to cunning over the years that empower idiots and work to bastardise a Nation of wimps cry baby's that can not handle the Truth. they have been at work trying to bastardise boys into becoming Men and girls into becoming Women for years, it started off in a way that ramped up to become an empowerment position of bastardisation that rules over everyone nowadays, oh how dare you promote true Man hood or Woman hood ? look if one was to promote true Man hood or Woman hood values you will be attacked full on. a Woman should be proud of what she is in fact and promote it and the same sort of story with a Man, stand up and be who you truly are ! who God made you to be ? but no Satan works to rob you all, Satan works to undermine all people to become deranged or degenerate lies not worthy of God's creation, now a Christian is not to kick any poor bugger down but to help them up out of the mess derangement that they have been lead into by the workings of Satan, Christians duty is to give on a backbone to stand up to the works of Satan.

I am all for Judo being taught as a subject in schools from grade one, I got into Judo as soon as I came of age to do so and it was the greatest learning tool ever about reality in ones self, it gives one strength to deal with life's reality's and how to deal with such in a way that is gentle and reassuring, it's not an off with the pixies schooling system that promotes weakness and to become a grub like the schooling system produces, just look around and you will see the workings of such poor blighted examples, brats ? miserable childish back biters.
Who created the morons in gangs ? who or why are people so stupid as to take dangerous drugs ? C'mon the system has failed and why has it failed one should ask, well it's all been promoted or done in stealth so as not to wake the majority up, the same works of Satan was done to the Jews, so as to undermine them and the Bible points out that such crept in unawares ! yep it's the same old game at play.
Awareness ? be on your toes to such games you should be. identify the cancer, Holy Moses had to deal with such a rabble, remember the Golden Calf Mob who tried to undermine him and then to kill him.

Key points in the Bible are not expounded in Church nowadays, due to fear of upsetting anyone. just go back to sleep and the problems may go away. ahwwwwah nup nup snore.

Reactions: Taken

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In america...
The 2nd amendment states about a "Well Regulated Militia".

Now that phrase there means that yes, you have firearm(s) and are fully trained in how to use and care for it.
That's not happening and that's the problem.

There have been enough guns sold in america recently to give every man, woman, and teenager at least 3 firearms.
They are stolen out of cars and trucks every day. Showing that the gun owners are negligent in their care and use.

The current laws are somewhat ridiculous. Background checks are fine. Convicted murderers and armed robbers shouldn't be allowed to have guns.
Concealed carry laws? Dumbest thing ever.
5 day cooling off period? Dumb too.

Guns used to be extremely expensive. Not anymore. They are very inexpensive. Same thing with ammunition. Back when they cost at least a year's salary (if not five) people took care not to lose them or allow a criminal to get access to one.

I like hunting, I like trap shooting. My wife was a competition trap shooter. I think that if you are inclined to have a gun you should. Law enforcement certainly needs them.
Military needs a lot of them.

But... today people are so careless with them it's ridiculousness.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In america...
The 2nd amendment states about a "Well Regulated Militia".

Now that phrase there means that yes, you have firearm(s) and are fully trained in how to use and care for it.
That's not happening and that's the problem.

There have been enough guns sold in america recently to give every man, woman, and teenager at least 3 firearms.
They are stolen out of cars and trucks every day. Showing that the gun owners are negligent in their care and use.

The current laws are somewhat ridiculous. Background checks are fine. Convicted murderers and armed robbers shouldn't be allowed to have guns.
Concealed carry laws? Dumbest thing ever.
5 day cooling off period? Dumb too.

Guns used to be extremely expensive. Not anymore. They are very inexpensive. Same thing with ammunition. Back when they cost at least a year's salary (if not five) people took care not to lose them or allow a criminal to get access to one.

I like hunting, I like trap shooting. My wife was a competition trap shooter. I think that if you are inclined to have a gun you should. Law enforcement certainly needs them.
Military needs a lot of them.

But... today people are so careless with them it's ridiculousness.
I had a 223 rifle or a SKK semi automatic 30 shot mag rifle or a pump action shot gun sitting on the rear shelf of my and my dads Ford F100 ute's for years and no one thought nothing of it back in the days, a mate had a fully loaded with solids sawn off pump action shot gun under the seat of his Sedan, now that was illegal back then to have a fully sawn off thing like that, but it sure was handy like that, butts on a shot gun are rubbish and cutting the barrel down made no difference to that one because it was quality gun, we tried it out before and after and it was still better than another full length one he had easy.
I never thought of shooting anyone, such a thing had never crossed my mind. they were sitting in the F100 outside the pub with the windows down, oh there was a blue dog under that their F100 mind you.

Dad had a pistol in his desk draw and a flick knife and most people had a rifle behind the door just for unwanted pest if they turned up as the norm.

One mates dad would be out with the pump action shot gun shooting many a time, due to a coon problem that he was plagued with.

But people are deranged nowadays and weak minded or on drugs that we just can not have guns around like that anymore, hell a stupid mate I know I would never let him have a gun licence, but he has one :rolleyes: and he is a moron.