Mass Shootings and Gun Control

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

Butterfly

Yes, they have had a lot of rain - and the dam situation was an issue, not sure about whole towns going under water- not heard that, or seen that on any news reports ( but I may have missed it ! )
The policeman, yes that was sad, And the young boy being thrown by a 17 year old ( I think maybe that was due to mental illness, but won't know for sure until the trial.
British airways had an IT issue, which halted a lot of planes, and yesterday a massive power cut hit a large area. Altogether it sounds bad, and this country has changed, but I think it would be the same wherever you went and had not been their for awhile. We know society has changed, and with everyone relying on computers these days, they are bound to hit hard when issues arise. The dam was due to ' old age '
Today it is more like the middle of Autumn - high winds and rain, but our summers are always changeable - and we need the rain after all the dry spells last month.
It's like the news, if you put all the bad together, it sounds awful, but it's not all bad over here xx
Rita
Hi Helen,
I have heard during the day that there has been major flooding on the rail lines between Scotland and England - and the heavy rain over the last few weeks has caused localised flooding further up north. I haven't found anything about any villages - although there a number of villages have been discovered when water receded from a lake in the really dry weather ( the villages were completely flooded after the Second World War )
Rita x

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I haven't found anything about any villages - although there a number of villages have been discovered when water receded from a lake in the really dry weather ( the villages were completely flooded after the Second World War )
Rita x

I remember the flooding of some villages after the war...because when I was seven years old, 1949 ...they moved people from them to Greater London...to where we lived in Slough.
They'd build big council housing estates for them...and loads of them joined our school . ( I remember so well , because they all "talked funny"....and I liked listening to the lilt in their voices. :D )

Reactions: Butterfly and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember the flooding of some villages after the war...because when I was seven years old, 1949 ...they moved people from them to Greater London...to where we lived in Slough.
They'd build big council housing estates for them...and loads of them joined our school . ( I remember so well , because they all "talked funny"....and I liked listening to the lilt in their voices. :D )

Ah, see? You like
You can’t go into a shop and buy a gun immediately, but you can go to a gun show or buy a gun from another person immediately
From what I recall, it was not too long ago that the gun shows did NOT have to do background checks...I do believe that has changed.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Soveriegn grace ,
Okay, that's an interesting point, once again it's based on the info within the reports. Okay, forgive my naivity , but doesn't AR stand for assault rifle !?
I have very little knowledge about guns , so if they say ' assault rifle ' and convey that it enables more people to be shot , then I am going to draw conclusions that it's more powerful that an ordinary rifle.
Rita

The “AR” in “AR-15” rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950s. “ARdoes NOT stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle.” ... If someone calls an AR-15-style rifle an “assault weapon,” then they've been duped by an agenda.

The AR-15 shoots a 223 or 5.56 both are 22 cal. bullets.
A 12 gauge shot gun CAN shoot 27, 22 cal. bullets with one pull of the trigger. a pump shot gun can hold 8 shells
that's 216 22 cal. bullets in a very short time. most AR 15's have 30 round magazines.some one would need to use 4 AR 15 magazines to shoot 220 bullets. A 12 gauge shot gun could fire 200 bullets in much less time.

As for power, hunting rifles have much much more power. 30-06, 308, 270, 45-70, I could go on and on.
Most of what you hear on the news about assault rifles is B.S.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Soveriegn grace ,
Okay, that's an interesting point, once again it's based on the info within the reports. Okay, forgive my naivity , but doesn't AR stand for assault rifle !?
I have very little knowledge about guns , so if they say ' assault rifle ' and convey that it enables more people to be shot , then I am going to draw conclusions that it's more powerful that an ordinary rifle.
Rita
To me, an assault rifle is a rifle that shoot several rounds by just squeezing the trigger. But others more familiar with them are better to answer it than I. My wife has a .380 and I a S&W 9 MM semi-automatic pistol. No one will get them from us by asking for them. We purchased them legally.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of what you hear on the news about assault rifles is B.S.

anim_19.gif
happy0065.gif

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, see? You like

From what I recall, it was not too long ago that the gun shows did NOT have to do background checks...I do believe that has changed.

That just isn't so. Gunshows are for dealers to sell their guns. Whatever the laws were, they had to abide by them. It didn't provide a place where you can get a gun outside of the Law. It provided a place where you could find the gun you wanted somewhere for the price you wanted.

The 'gunshow' loophole is just a lie.

Stranger

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 'gunshow' loophole is just a lie.
Updated January 24, 2019

At gun shows, both official firearms retailers and private individuals sell and trade firearms to large numbers of potential buyers and traders. These gun transfers are not regulated by law in most states. This lack of regulation is called the "gun show loophole." It is praised by gun rights advocates but denounced by gun control supporters, as the loophole allows persons who would not be able to pass a Brady Act gun buyer background check to illegally obtain firearms.

Gun Show Background

The Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE) has estimated that 5,000 gun shows are held annually in the U.S. These shows attract tens of thousands of attendees and result in the transfer of thousands of firearms.

Between 1968 and 1986, gun dealers were prohibited from selling firearms at gun shows. The Gun Control Act of 1968 barred Federal Firearms License (FFL) holders from making gun show sales by ordering that all sales must take place at the dealer’s place of business. The Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 reversed that portion of the Gun Control Act. The BATFE now estimates that as many as 75% of weapons sold at gun shows are sold by licensed dealers.

The Gun Show Loophole Issue

The “gun show loophole” refers to the fact that most states do not require background checks for firearms sold or traded at gun shows by private individuals. Federal law requires background checks on guns sold by federally licensed (FFL) dealers only.
What Is the Gun Show Loophole and Why Does it Exist?
:)-

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Updated January 24, 2019

At gun shows, both official firearms retailers and private individuals sell and trade firearms to large numbers of potential buyers and traders. These gun transfers are not regulated by law in most states. This lack of regulation is called the "gun show loophole." It is praised by gun rights advocates but denounced by gun control supporters, as the loophole allows persons who would not be able to pass a Brady Act gun buyer background check to illegally obtain firearms.

Gun Show Background

The Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE) has estimated that 5,000 gun shows are held annually in the U.S. These shows attract tens of thousands of attendees and result in the transfer of thousands of firearms.

Between 1968 and 1986, gun dealers were prohibited from selling firearms at gun shows. The Gun Control Act of 1968 barred Federal Firearms License (FFL) holders from making gun show sales by ordering that all sales must take place at the dealer’s place of business. The Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 reversed that portion of the Gun Control Act. The BATFE now estimates that as many as 75% of weapons sold at gun shows are sold by licensed dealers.

The “gun show loophole” refers to the fact that most states do not require background checks for firearms sold or traded at gun shows by private individuals. Federal law requires background checks on guns sold by federally licensed (FFL) dealers only.

More lies.

All gun dealers must and do abide by the Federal background check and forms to fill out. It doesn't matter what state you are referring to. That is Federal Law and is obeyed. As to private ownership of guns, that is true everywhere. The private citizen can sell his gun without the Federal forms or backgound check. That is not a loophole. That is the Law.

The Brady Act no longer exists. There is no 5 day waiting period. If you are a law abiding citizen, you can purchase a gun and walk out the door.

Indeed thousands of firearms are sold at gunshows...legally. No loophole.

Yes, the dealer can and does sell his guns at a gunshow. And, the vast majority of selling there is from gun dealers. Legally, no loophole.

As far as private individual, that has always been true. The gunshow is not a loop hole. The private individual can sell his gun to anyone he wants. He has always been able to do that. Don't blame the gunshows for that.

Just more liberal left, bs.

Stranger

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

without background checks :)-

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This may seem a bit off the subject but, I think the Western nations need to sit down and have a serious discussion about responsibilities. Everywhere one turns these days, one hears that this group or that group is being denied their "rights". Jesus gave up His rights altogether and concentrated on taking on the responsibility for dying for the whole world's sin. Surely we can shoulder some of the responsibility for our lives--one that God expects us to take. Young men need to shoulder their responsibilities. If they don't, it makes life meaningless for them. So meaningless that the aggressiveness they feel (which should be turned toward achieving something) gets channeled into evil.

Last edited:

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I remember the days that everyone that I knew had a gun and the percentage of people who did not have a gun would of been very low, but no one was ever went out shooting people unless they were a total mental case, but that type of people were locked up back in the days. but nowadays them people are out on the loose because the Satanic Government demand their rights load of BS and we now have total morons that are mad as a cut snake are let out of jail nowadays and we all know that they are going to do the same things again because they are unrepentant in fact, but let out just the same.

We had one not long ago that had a machine gun that was heard rattling away with it on a property, cops did nothing because the State left wing government protected him full on with all their madness of protection from harassment dribble that they come the heavy with the police with and they will jump at the chance to haul cops over the coals to the point of insanity, they are that bad and it's the left that are trying every trick in the book to create such morons, not to mention some in the very wealthy far right. even the bikie gangs wanted nothing to do with that moron at all, but sadly for the left government he only ended up shooting a cop with that machine gun and I am sure that the Satanist controlling the government waned and hoped him to do some sort of mass killing thing, because the thing is that no one could be so stupid to let such a moron out like that and my brother knew that cop that was killed and his family. it just should of never of happened in the first place, as it is totally the Governments fault 100% the blood is on their hands and I have had a gut full of them seeing them get away with such.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Updated January 24, 2019

Gun Show Background

I am not saying this is a concern, but look at Chicago. They outlawed handguns and they still shoot each other to doll rags. :(

If you ban guns, you disarm the populace and make them(us)...

giphy.gif

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

without background checks :)-

The dealer cannot sell his guns without a background check. He has to account for every gun he buys and sells If the ATF believed for a minute that dealers were selling guns illegally they would not just yank their license but throw them in jail. That would be a felony.

There is no loophole. Guns are being sold in accordance with the Law. An individual may sell his gun without the background check, but not the dealer. The private individual is not going to set up a booth with hundreds of guns for sale without a license to sell. That is against the law. That would immediately draw the attention of the ATF.

Stranger

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This may seem a bit off the subject but, I think the Western nations need to sit down and have a serious discussion about responsibilities.
It is way too late for any such thing. The irresponsibility of the West began when Colonialism was in its heyday, and continued after WWII. Today the West is more irresponsible than ever before, and has become as godless as the Communists. And ironically Eastern Europe has become more Christian and conservative.

As to the politicians in Washington D.C. today, almost every word that comes out of their mouths, and almost every piece of legislation is irresponsible. Not that those in Ottawa are any different.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is way too late for any such thing. The irresponsibility of the West began when Colonialism was in its heyday, and continued after WWII. Today the West is more irresponsible than ever before, and has become as godless as the Communists. And ironically Eastern Europe has become more Christian and conservative.

As to the politicians in Washington D.C. today, almost every word that comes out of their mouths, and almost every piece of legislation is irresponsible. Not that those in Ottawa are any different.

Did you ever think that what you want to call 'irresponsibility of the West' was God's fulfillment of the blessing to Japheth? (Gen. 9:27) Of course not. You and others are too affected by the world's gospel. The elevation of Ham. The guilt of Japheth.

Stranger

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did you ever think that what you want to call 'irresponsibility of the West' was God's fulfillment of the blessing to Japheth? (
God does not condone or promote unrighteousness, whether from the West or from the East. The West EXPLOITED the rest of the world selfishly, and then handed over a huge portion of Eastern Europe and the USSR to the evil Communists after WWII. And then sold arms and ammunition to countries which could barely survive but had some evil dictators controlling them. There is absolutely no way that those things were not evil.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not condone or promote unrighteousness, whether from the West or from the East. The West EXPLOITED the rest of the world selfishly, and then handed over a huge portion of Eastern Europe and the USSR to the evil Communists after WWII. And then sold arms and ammunition to countries which could barely survive but had some evil dictators controlling them. There is absolutely no way that those things were not evil.

Oh. I see. You want to call what Noah said as 'unrighteouss'. God should have consulted you on what is righteous and unrighteous. Of course, you know better.

You are the perfect picture of a man pleaser. Not God. But man. You would rather look good in the eyes of man than of God. And so you do. You have your reward. Bask in it.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to school day here in many parts of Texas. Watched the news this evening and all the talk is on the gun packing teachers in many of the Texas schools.

Most everyone approves. But then you always have your idiots out of the liberal left owned Travis county. What a cesspool Travis county is.

Point being, no one is bending to this liberal left whining about gun control. The left has lost its bs. People have heard it for too long and seen it is nothing but bs.

Praise God for the Red States. The ones that still exercise some sense of reality. I can only hope it continues.

Stranger

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it seems that sometimes we need to do what is RIGHT. And if that means breaking man's law to obey GOD's then that's how it is. So ...

Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

... or maybe what happened to the Jews won't happen to the church.

Bobby Jo