Matthew 13 Parables. Part 2.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
2. God`s Design - Universal.

God designed the kingdom/rule of heaven to be overall and affecting all, - Universal.

The Mustard Seed - Jesus refers to Ezekiel`s prophecy that Israel will be the ruler over all the nations of the earth . (Matt. 13: 31 & 32, Ez. 17: 22 - 24)

`Another parable He put forth to them, saying: :The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed which a man took and sowed in his field, which indeed is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs, and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches.` (Matt. 13: 31 & 32)

`Thus says the Lord God: “I will take also one of the highest branches of the cedar and set it out. I will crop off from the topmost of its young twigs a tender one, and plant it on a high and prominent mountain.

On the mountain height of Israel I will plant it; and it will bring forth boughs, and bear fruit, and be a majestic cedar. Under it will dwell birds of every sort; in the shadow of its branches they will dwell.

And all the trees of the field shall know that I, the Lord, have brought down the high tree and exalted the low tree, dried up the green tree, and made the dry tree flourish; I, the Lord, have spoken and have done it.` (Ez. 17: 22 - 24)

3. Mustard seed..jpg

The Leaven - Jesus reminds the people of Israel of the promise to Abraham and Sarah that through their miraculous child would come a universal blessing to all the nations. (Gen. 18: 1 - 14)

`The Kingdom of Heaven is like leaven which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal till it was all leavened.` (Matt. 13: 33)

Abraham said to Sarah, `Quickly, make ready three measures of fine meal; knead it and make cakes.` (Gen. 18: 6)

4. Woman & Leaven..jpg