Matthew 18:21-35

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rmoore1021

Jan 21, 2012
Today's Reading Passage: Matthew 18:21-35

1. Compare the response of the king and the servant to the debts they were owed

In light of the Lord’s forgiveness of your debt, how will you show compassion and forgiveness to someone in your life this week?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In light of the Lord’s forgiveness of your debt, how will you show compassion and forgiveness to someone in your life this week?
Well, I think I'll start by forgiving him one dollar at a time. So if he owes me more than $77.... He gotta start paying up! :eek:

Seriously.... It's a good lesson. We can cross reference that with Matthew 6:14 and 15.

It's a lesson both to forgive others as well as understand what has been forgiven of us.

Did you notice that the servant told the king, "Lord, have paitence and I will pay thee", yet the king didn't do it? Seriously. The king didn't have patience and wait for him to pay it. Read real close and you'll see the entire debt was forgiven. He didn't have to pay it at all.

Furthermore, Jesus said "this is the way the kingdom of heaven is." It ain't like that here on earth. Yet, Jesus told his believers to be that way. Its another sign that we are not of this world, nor meant to be. And that we can be heaven on earth ourselves.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA

Sweet Holy Spirit, show me anyone that I need to show compassion to or extend forgiveness to this week and every week, and I will make things right. But what I really need to do very soon is to ask my own Brother for forgiveness for being rude to him when all he was trying to do was show me Atlanta when I was visiting over the holidays. I have to have hip surgery and I can't ride in a car for long periods of time. All I had to do was tell him that the sight-seeing can only be for so long because of my hips and he would have understood, but what do I do with my Christian self ? I storm out of the car when we got home, leaving him to feel like I did'nt appreciate what he did for me. Before I flew back, I apologized to him briefly, but I could tell that the damage had been done. It's still bothering me so I'm gonna really take my time and really explain why I behaved as I did and to please forgive me for it. I was trying very hard to enjoy what he was trying to do for me, but instead I made everything worse by not saying that I was in pain. I'm older than my Brother but I look up to him and I can't wait until we are good again.