Members from other forums, esp. WCF

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just wondering who all I might know here from Worthy. Someone mentioned some new members are joining from Worthy. I do know a few of you already.

I was a member there, and remember you as well. My Issue with Worthy is the moderators as well. Part of being a Christian is the ability to convict people of sin, and error, that is how we are to be salty. Salt on a wound is painful, but healing at the same time, the TOS of the site does not allow for the conviction of the Holy Ghost to confront error and apostacy. It is interesting to read all the comments here of former members.

There are a lot of Christians there as well, but the topics they are left to talking about are benign chat topics such as "buddy the mouse", and this sort of fellowship, though peaceful, bears little to no fruit for the kingdom of God. As well as the tolerance of open heresy which leads people astray. Before Worthy I came from a forum with no moderation, as well as being on forums as a Christian that are not Christian, and in that regard I have a thick skin for criticism and hard words, and am not easily offended. I Have been on non Christian forums, presenting the Gospel as best as I could to the mocking of others, and have found that some Christian Forums are far worse than the Atheist ones in this regard. Part of that is because of the trolls and shills that go to Christian Forums to bring division and paint them in a bad light and we must discern and expose them for this.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was a member there, and remember you as well. My Issue with Worthy is the moderators as well. Part of being a Christian is the ability to convict people of sin, and error, that is how we are to be salty. Salt on a wound is painful, but healing at the same time, the TOS of the site does not allow for the conviction of the Holy Ghost to confront error and apostacy. It is interesting to read all the comments here of former members.

There are a lot of Christians there as well, but the topics they are left to talking about are benign chat topics such as "buddy the mouse", and this sort of fellowship, though peaceful, bears little to no fruit for the kingdom of God. As well as the tolerance of open heresy which leads people astray. Before Worthy I came from a forum with no moderation, as well as being on forums as a Christian that are not Christian, and in that regard I have a thick skin for criticism and hard words, and am not easily offended. I Have been on non Christian forums, presenting the Gospel as best as I could to the mocking of others, and have found that some Christian Forums are far worse than the Atheist ones in this regard. Part of that is because of the trolls and shills that go to Christian Forums to bring division and paint them in a bad light and we must discern and expose them for this.

We have some things in common then. I broke my teeth on a secular gaming website when I first started getting into participating in online communities. I started witnessing and also sharing political views, and that ran me into trouble with the opposition. But as the moderator there said of me when someone who was wondering if I had gotten offended and left, "He has the skin of an elephant," LoL. That, however, would get tested when I joined the Christian Forums. The unsaved have an excuse for their behavior, but with those identifying as Christians I had less patience. Though I struggled to do it in the right Spirit, I found quickly just how many believers needed correction, and in a big way, partly over doctrine but mostly over their just how flat ugly and unChristian their behavior was. But correcting people eventually got me banned from CF, and would again the minute I started being active over there again.

So thanks for your post. It reminds me how good of a forum this is by comparison. To me, the rules here force you to be a spiritual adult, both doctrinally and emotionally. That's not to say I'm always doing the best either, but that's just it. This place allows me to urge others to grow, but forces me to grow as well.

Anyway, good post, and Merry Christmas. Hope you and your family are blessed, and have a wonderful 2021.

Reactions: Truman and David H.

UnrulyBeauty

Oct 11, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe I made an account on WCF but not sure if I ever actively posted there. I also have an account on ChristianityHaven, which seems to be a really nice place (from my limited experience), but it's very small, so not a lot of activity to participate in.

I'm also a transplant from Christian Forums. I've been a member there for 13 years, on and off. Never had a problem until the site went under new ownership in the early 2010's or so. Suddenly, the forums were all split up and new rules were being thrown out almost every day. I took a sabbatical for quite a few years and joined again in 2020, looking for old friends as well as some advice and support for some hard life issues I was going through.

The state of the site at this point is pretty shocking. The members are out of control, reporting on each other *constantly* for the tiniest infractions and complaints. Many good Christians have been banned from the site (and now it's my turn, apparently lol). Anyone who knows me at all, knows that I can be passionate in my opinions, but I'm not belligerent or crude or volatile. I've never said or done anything on CF that was ban-worthy. I received so many "points" against my account in the past few months, I've lost count by now. Tiny, insignificant things, like posting a link to a video that someone thought wasn't a 'credible source', or things of that nature. Why not just delete the post or contact the poster to ask them to remove it, if it's violating a rule? Not every violation is intentional or malicious. But, no, they don't like that sort of logic. It's easier to just slap an infraction on someone, and once you have so many, you are cast into the outer darkness. The atheists are permitted to run rampant, while the Christians get banned. Make it make sense.

I'm curious to see if the environment here will be a little more open and welcoming and fair :)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe I made an account on WCF but not sure if I ever actively posted there. I also have an account on ChristianityHaven, which seems to be a really nice place (from my limited experience), but it's very small, so not a lot of activity to participate in.

I'm also a transplant from Christian Forums. I've been a member there for 13 years, on and off. Never had a problem until the site went under new ownership in the early 2010's or so. Suddenly, the forums were all split up and new rules were being thrown out almost every day. I took a sabbatical for quite a few years and joined again in 2020, looking for old friends as well as some advice and support for some hard life issues I was going through.

The state of the site at this point is pretty shocking. The members are out of control, reporting on each other *constantly* for the tiniest infractions and complaints. Many good Christians have been banned from the site (and now it's my turn, apparently lol). Anyone who knows me at all, knows that I can be passionate in my opinions, but I'm not belligerent or crude or volatile. I've never said or done anything on CF that was ban-worthy. I received so many "points" against my account in the past few months, I've lost count by now. Tiny, insignificant things, like posting a link to a video that someone thought wasn't a 'credible source', or things of that nature. Why not just delete the post or contact the poster to ask them to remove it, if it's violating a rule? Not every violation is intentional or malicious. But, no, they don't like that sort of logic. It's easier to just slap an infraction on someone, and once you have so many, you are cast into the outer darkness. The atheists are permitted to run rampant, while the Christians get banned. Make it make sense.

I'm curious to see if the environment here will be a little more open and welcoming and fair :)
They chunked me outta there . People have no idea what we are being programmed for .
A social credit score . Think about it , they even deduct points for bad behavoir now .
Time to cling to JESUS and those bibles .

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Greetings, Unruly Beauty, and I like your tag name.

As probably stated elsewhere on this thread, CF shows favoritism towards atheists because it is owned by them, or at least that's been the report for many years, and their behavior seems to confirm it. I was banned for giving an atheist a healthy dose of his own sarcasm, and for the atheist it was apparently just fine but for me it apparently was not. I was just having a little fun with the guy - nothing hateful - and got the hook anyway. :rolleyes:

But you will most certainly not find that the moderators here are ban-happy. You have to do something pretty serious to receive a ban, although it does happen. But as I warn people, the other side of the coin is that you have to develop a bit of a thicker skin here, because it is not a place for the timid. People speak their minds, and are allowed to, so there will be some exchanges. But this is the best of the larger, active sites. If you want a more peaceful place as well, many also join the smaller forums like the one you were talking about, so they can counter-balance things on days when they're not really up to an argument.

Hope you like it here. We welcome the good ones, so if you can offer something of value at all, you would likely be received graciously, if not by all, then at least by some. And there are a several good sisters here that you might be able to make friends with.

Hope you connect. Underneath it all, this is a very good community.

God bless, and welcome once again.
Hidden In Him

UnrulyBeauty

Oct 11, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings, Unruly Beauty, and I like your tag name.

As probably stated elsewhere on this thread, CF shows favoritism towards atheists because it is owned by them, or at least that's been the report for many years, and their behavior seems to confirm it. I was banned for giving an atheist a healthy dose of his own sarcasm, and for the atheist it was apparently just fine but for me it apparently was not. I was just having a little fun with the guy - nothing hateful - and got the hook anyway. :rolleyes:

But you will most certainly not find that the moderators here are ban-happy. You have to do something pretty serious to receive a ban, although it does happen. But as I warn people, the other side of the coin is that you have to develop a bit of a thicker skin here, because it is not a place for the timid. People speak their minds, and are allowed to, so there will be some exchanges. But this is the best of the larger, active sites. If you want a more peaceful place as well, many also join the smaller forums like the one you were talking about, so they can counter-balance things on days when they're not really up to an argument.

Hope you like it here. We welcome the good ones, so if you can offer something of value at all, you would likely be received graciously, if not by all, then at least by some. And there are a several good sisters here that you might be able to make friends with.

Hope you connect. Underneath it all, this is a very good community.

God bless, and welcome once again.
Hidden In Him

Thank you for such kind words! I would much rather be in a more open forum, where minds can be freely expressed without constant fear of censure. I'm a scrappy tomboy, and not afraid of a good debate when the moment is right :D I run a large gaming Discord server, with cultures and belief systems from all over the world, and my only hard-and-fast rule is; don't be a jerk.

What was so hurtful about CF was just what you described - one whole population of voices being silenced and censored, while the other is allowed to run free with as much snark and flaming as they like. It never felt like a "Christian" site in these recent months. More like a "All World Religions and Philosophies" site, where Christians (especially conservative Christians) had to tread on eggshells and hide in shadows to avoid persecution. It just felt so backwards!!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was so hurtful about CF was just what you described - one whole population of voices being silenced and censored, while the other is allowed to run free with as much snark and flaming as they like. It never felt like a "Christian" site in these recent months. More like a "All World Religions and Philosophies" site, where Christians (especially conservative Christians) had to tread on eggshells and hide in shadows to avoid persecution. It just felt so backwards!!

Yes, and the sad part is that there will be many more Christians like yourself joining that forum in the future, assuming the same thing only to be sorely disappointed. There are actually some good Christians over there, including among the moderators. But it's not a healthy environment for most Christians, nor do the rules foster one.
Thank you for such kind words! I would much rather be in a more open forum, where minds can be freely expressed without constant fear of censure. I'm a scrappy tomboy, and not afraid of a good debate when the moment is right :D I run a large gaming Discord server, with cultures and belief systems from all over the world, and my only hard-and-fast rule is; don't be a jerk.

As for the jerks, get ready to encounter some, LoL. But if you have experience dealing with people of other faiths then you should be in good shape. Just keep in mind that the enemy is targeting Christians for attack more than any other religion; he is specifically after trying to divide and conquer the body of Christ. This is why you will see more nasty behavior out of Christians than any other faith. It's not that the faith itself is false; it is that it's the one most specifically targeted for demonic attack (and political and social as well), so Christians, if they are not on guard, will get used by the enemy more than people of other faiths will. It just comes with the package. So the idea is, if you want to survive on a Christian forum and both minister and have a community of friends, you have to arm yourself with righteousness and peace, and prepare for a little adversity is all.

Do that, and you'll be fine. :)

Reactions: David H.

UnrulyBeauty

Oct 11, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and the sad part is that there will be many more Christians like yourself joining that forum in the future, assuming the same thing only to be sorely disappointed. There are actually some good Christians over there, including among the moderators. But it's not a healthy environment for most Christians, nor do the rules foster one.

Indeed. I had some people that I liked very much there, and I couldn't even send them a message to say goodbye, or tell them how to contact me outside of CF. When they say 'banned' they mean it. You can't access any features on the site at all. The message that pops up now is rather ironic and amusing:

upload_2021-1-15_16-12-21.png

"Despite being given grace" :rolleyes: That's my favorite part. And no explanation of this supposed "disruptive behavior", and no means of contacting the moderators for clarity. It's so beautifully Christian!! :p

As for the jerks, get ready to encounter some, LoL. But if you have experience dealing with people of other faiths then you should be in good shape. Just keep in mind that the enemy is targeting Christians for attack more than any other religion; he is specifically after trying to divide and conquer the body of Christ. This is why you will see more nasty behavior out of Christians than any other faith. It's not that the faith itself is false; it is that it's the one most specifically targeted for demonic attack (and political and social as well), so Christians, if they are not on guard, will get used by the enemy more than people of other faiths will. It just comes with the package. So the idea is, if you want to survive on a Christian forum and both minister and have a community of friends, you have to arm yourself with righteousness and peace, and prepare for a little adversity is all.

Do that, and you'll be fine. :)

I'm not worried! I enjoy discussing and bantering with people of all kinds of belief systems, as long as there's at least a minimum level of mutual respect. If someone just wants to point at me and go "Haha, Jesus lover! You idiot!" then I probably won't feel very inclined to give them my time or attention :D

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed. I had some people that I liked very much there, and I couldn't even send them a message to say goodbye, or tell them how to contact me outside of CF. When they say 'banned' they mean it. You can't access any features on the site at all. The message that pops up now is rather ironic and amusing:

If you wait until your ban is up (probably only a one month), then you can go back and invite friends, or so I would assume. It used to be you could still post people privately in conversations even while banned, but maybe they changed that.
"Despite being given grace" :rolleyes: That's my favorite part. And no explanation of this supposed "disruptive behavior", and no means of contacting the moderators for clarity. It's so beautifully Christian!! :p

LoL!!
I'm not worried! I enjoy discussing and bantering with people of all kinds of belief systems, as long as there's at least a minimum level of mutual respect. If someone just wants to point at me and go "Haha, Jesus lover! You idiot!" then I probably won't feel very inclined to give them my time or attention :D

God plan. :) You actually will never receive that label here; you may be called a lover of a lot of other stuff, but not Jesus. That label is reserved for the righteous among us, LoL.

Anyway, glad to have a conversation with you. You seem like a good-Spirited soul. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Also, if there are any complaints you wish to file or technical issues you want to resolve, you can tag or message lforrest, heart2soul, pompadour, or other moderators who might be on. They are usually very helpful.

Welcome again, and God bless. :)

UnrulyBeauty

Oct 11, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you wait until your ban is up (probably only a one month), then you can go back and invite friends, or so I would assume. It used to be you could still post people privately in conversations even while banned, but maybe they changed that.

I believe I am permabanned at this point :D I already faced the one month threat, then a three month threat (was able to appeal both), and now, this time, I can't even access my Inbox or Alerts to see what's going on. All features on the site are locked to me.

God plan. :) You actually will never receive that label here; you may be called a lover of a lot of other stuff, but not Jesus. That label is reserved for the righteous among us, LoL.

Anyway, glad to have a conversation with you. You seem like a good-Spirited soul. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Also, if there are any complaints you wish to file or technical issues you want to resolve, you can tag or message lforrest, heart2soul, pompadour, or other moderators who might be on. They are usually very helpful.

Welcome again, and God bless. :)

Thank you, you've been most kind and welcoming.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Welcome UB. There is little or no censorship here, even though opinions range from extreme Leftist to extreme conservative. Trolls and nasties are probably asked to move on. I have also been on some of those forums you mentioned which seek to muzzle free speech and sound Bible doctrine.

Free speech is under major attack worldwide, and particularly now where the constitutions actually guaranteed free speech. And the Big Tech oligarchs have made sure that all dissent will be suppressed so that only the Leftist viewpoint remains.

Reactions: UnrulyBeauty

UnrulyBeauty

Oct 11, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome UB. There is little or no censorship here, even though opinions range from extreme Leftist to extreme conservative. Trolls and nasties are probably asked to move on. I have also been on some of those forums you mentioned which seek to muzzle free speech and sound Bible doctrine.

Free speech is under major attack worldwide, and particularly now where the constitutions actually guaranteed free speech. And the Big Tech oligarchs have made sure that all dissent will be suppressed so that only the Leftist viewpoint remains.

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far! I am a huge, huge supporter of free speech rights.

Reactions: Enoch111

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Its starting to happen at more sites . its like world social club for all religions . Its so depressing to watch it .
But we were warned of a massive falling away near the end .
This whole world is becoming all inclusive we are one .