Members from other forums, esp. WCF

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have involved in this forum for just over a year, and I have experienced nothing but respect - even from those who have totally disagreed with me. I think it is because it is managed by people who genuinely love the Lord and see it as a ministry.

That seems reasonable to me. As for me, I must admit that my previous experiences have helped to shape me as one that is more self-controlled and careful with my "tongue." Before I joined this site, I knew that I had to take a step back and, in fact, learn to not even defend myself, but to simply just walk away. If people do not care about the Truth (and this isn't to say that I am always right), then what is the point in going round and round? Engaging in heated arguments will only further and cement a sense of hatred within hearts . . . and I don't want that.

So I am so thankful that the Lord has given me a new spirit that is able to be walked upon, though my sense of balanced self-belief and Godly Confidence never becomes shook loose. Learning to be balanced, especially while under assault, is a most valuable, Spiritual Tool to wield. Balanced Love for our enemies is what can win a sour, bitter Heart to the Lord.

Reactions: WaterSong

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Love runs deep in the Hearts of those whom He has chosen to wake up. I love hearing about how you feel about your pups. And to you, too . . . WaterSong . . . I can sense your loss in your words. You have been blessed by God, no doubt, to experience this kind of Love, for True Love will express itself even in our Love for His incredible Creations. People don't understand that animals are pretty much exactly like us . . . we just cannot speak their language.

Something to think about that comes from the Book of Jubilees . . .

"And on that day was closed the mouth of all beasts, and of cattle, and of birds, and of whatever walks, and of whatever moves, so that they could no longer speak: for they had all spoken one with another with one lip and with one tongue."

This is why animals understand us, and we can understand them, just as though they were another human, but cannot speak the same language. We should be careful in how we treat animals . . . they are also deeply Loved by our Powerful, Righteous God!
'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.' Mahatma Gandhi
Thank you for that. :) I have always loved animals. Even as a very small child I felt drawn to them and to care for them.

Animals are created by God. Respect for his creation is part of cherishing our relationship with him and all that is of and from him.

I've found one can learn a lot in observing the demeanor of animals and also their interaction with one another.
The mistake some people make I think is to imagine animals aren't intelligent. They are very much so.

If humans consider how many of our own kind show their intelligence or lack thereof at times, we may wish to reconsider thinking animals are less knowledgeable in their own right than we.
Even insects show a level of intelligence. Army ants, leaf cutter ants. The insect version of pure communism is a sight to behold.

And birds. Have you ever looked for images of birds nests? Humans can't make a home from scratch with their bare hands that would compete in relative comparison to the intricacies and stability many kinds of birds bring to their nest building.
Avian Architecture

The 16 most amazing nests built by birds

Look at this. A bird did that. Birds did that. I can't even knit. Not that I've tried but still....
8 incredible bird nests from around the world
iu

And animals and how they behave with their babies is truly beautiful. :)

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.' Mahatma Gandhi
Thank you for that. :) I have always loved animals. Even as a very small child I felt drawn to them and to care for them.

Animals are created by God. Respect for his creation is part of cherishing our relationship with him and all that is of and from him.

I've found one can learn a lot in observing the demeanor of animals and also their interaction with one another.
The mistake some people make I think is to imagine animals aren't intelligent. They are very much so.

If humans consider how many of our own kind show their intelligence or lack thereof at times, we may wish to reconsider thinking animals are less knowledgeable in their own right than we.
Even insects show a level of intelligence. Army ants, leaf cutter ants. The insect version of pure communism is a sight to behold.

And birds. Have you ever looked for images of birds nests? Humans can't make a home from scratch with their bare hands that would compete in relative comparison to the intricacies and stability many kinds of birds bring to their nest building.
Avian Architecture

The 16 most amazing nests built by birds

Look at this. A bird did that. Birds did that. I can't even knit. Not that I've tried but still....
8 incredible bird nests from around the world
iu

And animals and how they behave with their babies is truly beautiful. :)

Beautiful . . . just beautiful! I love all that you wrote.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am involved with WCF and have found no issues or difficulties with it. I'm pretty straight talking when it comes to defending the present day gifts of the spirit, especially tongues; as well as opposing false prophecy and interpretation of dreams. To date I have never had any difficulty with the moderators.

I got banned from Christianforums.com because I opposed interpretation of dreams which seemed to one of their sacred cows. I felt that was unfair and took action against the ban and got permanently banned from it. Then I read a Facebook post that said that some of the staff are not even born again Christians! That explained a lot to me. It was a pity because I had been a member of that forum since the early 2000s and paid the subscription to become a supporter, but they paid no attention to my loyalty to the forum over nearly 20 years. They threw me out anyway. If that's the way they deal with long-term supporters, then I am glad to see the back of them.
I have involved in this forum for just over a year, and I have experienced nothing but respect - even from those who have totally disagreed with me. I think it is because it is managed by people who genuinely love the Lord and see it as a ministry.

Oscarr, just be careful around here. You likely got banned from CF for using multiple identities, along with that disrespectful form of communication you call using "assertiveness techniques," where you act like you are agreeing with the person who has engaged you in a debate when in reality you are just blowing them off so you don't have to genuinely deal with them.

I've never disliked you, but you have some sinful habits, and you should take note of the fact that Worthy had no problem with you bad-mouthing dream interpretation. They use many of the same deceitful tactics that you do (despite their better qualities), and if you wear out your welcome here, Worthy will be all that you have left.

God bless,
Your friend,
Hidden In Him

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:( I am sorry to read that about Jake. You'll see him again one day. :)
My buddy passed away six months ago. Deojie, ("D O G") , was a rescue. I don't know how old he was but he was certainly la senior doggie. I was blessed to have my buddy for five years before he went home. And he comes to me in my dreams too.
Isn't that wonderful that we see them then?

Amazing!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brutal. Looks like that just came to an end. Sorry to see that happen. :(

Not to worry. Just a place he and I have come to over years of interacting. I've told him before I don't dislike him and I mean that sincerely. But I've had to address him rather aggressively in more recent times because of some of the things he does.

God bless, and welcome to CB.
HiH

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I've had to address him rather aggressively in more recent times because of some of the things he does.

I hear you. If I lived in a perfect Christian world, I would choose to see us interact with each other according to the principle found in 2nd Timothy.

Timothy has left an entire congregation in the hands of two, false-renegade teachers. That means that souls are at stake. What is worse than this? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Having been sexually abused myself, I can state that not even the rape of a little boy is worse than going to hell because someone was too afraid to deal with false teachers. And how do we find Paul interacting with Timothy? Right . . . he doesn't fly off the handle as he did with the Galatians and Corinthians, but instead, Paul does not smash Timothy into the mud by flaming him with his obvious errors, but instead, Paul learned to build others up through "Expectant Confidence."

Re-read that final letter of Paul and think about all the things that he was teaching Timothy. Timothy knew everything that Paul was telling him, which is the absolute best way to deal with conflict and issues. If Timothy has an insecurity problem, why smash him into the ground? Would that help Timothy or make his issue even worse? And this is the case with us all . . . why beat someone into the ground? How will that help them? Wouldn't it be best to be kind? Wouldn't it be best to find a way to build Confidence and Trust through Holy Compassion and Grace? The same Compassion and Grace that God has bestowed upon our Hearts?

2nd Timothy changed my life, for through it I realized that no one had ever taken the time to realize that the many problems that I have had throughout my life, could have been avoided, if humanity would recognize exactly what I just revealed above. We must be kind to each other . . and no doubt, I still am improving. Just because Paul flamed Peter openly, doesn't necessarily make what Paul did was right. In fact, Paul rebuking Peter in open public could have caused him tremendous harm for the rest of his life (but for our amazing benefit). See Galatians 2 for this story.

Paul lashes out at the High Priest, but then apologizes. Therefore, we can know, with full certainty, that not all of what Paul said and did was proper and accurate. But what is proper is how Paul apologized, and how he grew emotionally and Spiritually, proven by how he dealt with the most grave of circumstances in 2nd Timothy, again . . . Paul's final letter.

I will lead this pack, here at this forum, and admit that I need to improve in this way. I am guilty! But I promise to us all, that I will get better. I will improve. I must!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got a membership there...

Haven't run afoul of mods yet.

But then again I'm accustomed to being an admin of fairly active forums too.

Moderating is difficult. Owner's desires usually trumps anything that I would normally do. And it's a dance between allowing things to progress naturally and stepping in. You have to accommodate a lot of people to remain popular with people who don't actually post while not upsetting those who do.

Most problems with most forums is management... something like 80% from my years of being involved with them.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Oscarr, just be careful around here. You likely got banned from CF for using multiple identities, along with that disrespectful form of communication you call using "assertiveness techniques," where you act like you are agreeing with the person who has engaged you in a debate when in reality you are just blowing them off so you don't have to genuinely deal with them.

I've never disliked you, but you have some sinful habits, and you should take note of the fact that Worthy had no problem with you bad-mouthing dream interpretation. They use many of the same deceitful tactics that you do (despite their better qualities), and if you wear out your welcome here, Worthy will be all that you have left.

God bless,
Your friend,
Hidden In Him
In the early days of my involvement with CF I did have multiple identities (Superduperman, Daisy The Cat, Herman Tacticus) and had a lot of fun with them in the stories I used to tell about the Church of the Grand WOFters situated in Antarctica, arising from the discovery of ancient artifacts buried in a cave in Mt Erebus from a time when Antarctica had a temperate climate. I started describing my fictitious church as the Church of of the Divine Consciousness and was accused by one member of having a New Age church; so I changed the name to avoid that confusion. Over a year or so, I and the particular group we had then on the forum had a lot of fun and the story of the Church of the Grand WOFters became like a soap opera, and when Superduperman died in the wastes of Antarctica, several begged to bring him back to life again, so I had him being discovered barely alive and rescued him.

That was at a time when there were a team of moderators who were the sort who would join in the fun and fellowship of what I was doing, and they allowed these different "sock puppets" because they knew what was happening. But the nature of the moderator team changed to something else, and many of my original fellowship group left, and many of the exchanges started taking on a nasty aspect (this was after the Superduperman chronicles ceased) and members starting getting reported over frivolous reasons, mostly because the post didn't agree with their particular doctrines.

Concerning dream interpretation, I suspect that certain moderators on CF believed in non-Biblical dreams and visions and fully supported any reports of posts that disputed the truth of them.

So all I did was to use one of my multiple identities that I had already used, not knowing that the rules had changed prohibiting them. So, after 12 years of association with that forum I felt that it was time to seek greener pastures.

As to having sinful habits, it all depends on what you define as a "sinful habit". You don't really know a lot about me, so if you are not employing a word of knowledge about sinful habits and my "many deceitful tactics" I may have, your comment might be a form divination, which I would immediately reject.

I am a pretty straight talker, and what you see is what you get. I have been accused of all sorts of things over the years, and they are probably right, because I know that I'm just a poor sinner and nothing at all; but I know where I stand with the Lord, and that is the only thing I really care about.

I asked the Lord once about dreams and visions, and He told me that I didn't need them because the fellowship I have with Him in the Word and the Spirit is all I need and that is much superior to any dream or vision.

However, I have crazy dreams at times. The other night I had a dream that I was with the British actor Rowan Atkinson in a bus full of Jehovah's witnesses. The bus had very small seats because it was actually a school bus chartered for the purpose of giving the JWs a tour. Previously I was travelling on a train with Rowan Atkinson, and we stopped at a station, got off the train and he got on the bus, and I had to ask for him to give permission for me to get on as well seeing that I am not a JW. I went to the middle of the bus and sat next to a couple and engaged in conversation with them. Then I woke up. So, try and interpret that one! I didn't, because I knew it wasn't Holy Spirit, but my crazy imagination that is usually the basis for my dreams.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Brutal. Looks like that just came to an end. Sorry to see that happen. :(
It was interesting. In my conversation with the Lord about it, the Scripture came to me: "There arose another Pharaoh who didn't know Joseph", which explained what happened to my relationship with that forum and that different ones were now running that forum who didn't really know me and what I was about. I should have requested a refund of my contribution to become a supporter of the forum seeing that I was now kicked off it. Another Scripture came to me: "They shall throw you out of their synagogues", and that comforted me as well.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the early days of my involvement with CF I did have multiple identities (Superduperman, Daisy The Cat, Herman Tacticus) and had a lot of fun with them in the stories I used to tell about the Church of the Grand WOFters situated in Antarctica, arising from the discovery of ancient artifacts buried in a cave in Mt Erebus from a time when Antarctica had a temperate climate. I started describing my fictitious church as the Church of of the Divine Consciousness and was accused by one member of having a New Age church; so I changed the name to avoid that confusion. Over a year or so, I and the particular group we had then on the forum had a lot of fun and the story of the Church of the Grand WOFters became like a soap opera, and when Superduperman died in the wastes of Antarctica, several begged to bring him back to life again, so I had him being discovered barely alive and rescued him.

LoL! This is great : ) I'm glad Superduperman survived, LoL!
That was at a time when there were a team of moderators who were the sort who would join in the fun and fellowship of what I was doing, and they allowed these different "sock puppets" because they knew what was happening. But the nature of the moderator team changed to something else, and many of my original fellowship group left, and many of the exchanges started taking on a nasty aspect (this was after the Superduperman chronicles ceased) and members starting getting reported over frivolous reasons, mostly because the post didn't agree with their particular doctrines.

Yeah, I came in relatively late, and all Hell was breaking loose within a year of my joining. That's when they changed to having separate boards for denominational threads. I thought that was actually a good idea at the time, but they have since become SO strict that I honestly can't post there any more. I can and do a little, but I will get banned in short order if I become regularly active, so I rarely post now.
Concerning dream interpretation, I suspect that certain moderators on CF believed in non-Biblical dreams and visions and fully supported any reports of posts that disputed the truth of them.

That fell under the same rules format. No anti-Catholic stuff on the Catholic forum; no anti-EO stuff on the EO forum; no anti-dream stuff on the Dream forum. I welcomed debate over actual interpretation, but most of the discussion (which continues to this day) was only over the validity of modern dream interpretation itself.
As to having sinful habits, it all depends on what you define as a "sinful habit". You don't really know a lot about me, so if you are not employing a word of knowledge about sinful habits and my "many deceitful tactics" I may have, your comment might be a form divination, which I would immediately reject.

No, no. No word of knowledge. No divination either, LoL, so relax. But you do have to break the habit of using more than one ID here as well, because it's a violation they take seriously. But glad to hear it was more of a playful thing.
I asked the Lord once about dreams and visions, and He told me that I didn't need them because the fellowship I have with Him in the Word and the Spirit is all I need and that is much superior to any dream or vision.

I consider what He reveals to me through the Spirit regarding the word to be superior as well. Only I also honor Joel 2:28 as in the earliest stages of being fulfilled (with decades yet to go); in its infancy yet, if you will. For me, while the word is primary, the Spirit speaks more specifically to things going on at present. Our biggest disagreement is over the "prophets to the nations" question. I consider it too lofty of a "title," because to me its not a big deal; simply people being used of God to prophesy to world affairs. But I have also seen dream interpretation be extremely effective in guiding people's personal lives, and protecting them from spiritual harm and spiritual downfall. So I have seen too much value in it experientially to discard it as not being of use to the end-time church.
However, I have crazy dreams at times. The other night I had a dream that I was with the British actor Rowan Atkinson in a bus full of Jehovah's witnesses.

LoL. This has me laughing again the way it starts... sounds like the lead off to a punch line (though I am taking you seriously. Dreams are often like that).
The other night I had a dream that I was with the British actor Rowan Atkinson in a bus full of Jehovah's witnesses. The bus had very small seats because it was actually a school bus chartered for the purpose of giving the JWs a tour. Previously I was travelling on a train with Rowan Atkinson, and we stopped at a station, got off the train and he got on the bus, and I had to ask for him to give permission for me to get on as well seeing that I am not a JW. I went to the middle of the bus and sat next to a couple and engaged in conversation with them. Then I woke up. So, try and interpret that one! I didn't, because I knew it wasn't Holy Spirit, but my crazy imagination that is usually the basis for my dreams.

LoL!! Well, I'll pray about it, how's that? An interpreter kinda needs the cooperation of the one who received the dream, because the Spirit often leads me to dig for more details. But I'm not gonna bother you with it unless the Lord leads me.

Good to see you on the forum. We most certainly agree when it comes to the gifts, and you have a good head for scholarship, so maybe we can get into discussing that stuff some in the future, and avoid the stuff we still disagree on.

God bless,
- H

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW: I hope that what we're doing isn't considered gossip. I don't feel that we are in error as we discuss our experiences, but if we are, please forgive us, Lord!
I would not think this is gossip. Rather, it appears as members of the church sharing their personal experiences amid members of forums. And as such, in the case of bad experiences, serves to inform one another of what is awaiting should one decide to join a forum being discussed. And also, which I think is a blessing and reprieve of sorts for those of us who have not so great experiences , a reason to pray for what may be in need of the light and love of Christ. :) Therein helping all who are in such places to find peace and feel the love of God sent to them from God and us, sincerely.

Just my view. God Bless.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was interesting. In my conversation with the Lord about it, the Scripture came to me: "There arose another Pharaoh who didn't know Joseph", which explained what happened to my relationship with that forum and that different ones were now running that forum who didn't really know me and what I was about. I should have requested a refund of my contribution to become a supporter of the forum seeing that I was now kicked off it. Another Scripture came to me: "They shall throw you out of their synagogues", and that comforted me as well.

I love how you show your comprehension for the Lord's remarkable Word. I see the importance of that story with the new Pharaoh and what it meant for Joseph, just as you do. And like Christ, you, a good person, is thrown out by those who are, or were, not considered to be good.

Believe in yourself and do not doubt! Self-doubt is of the Devil, while self-examination is of the Lord.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would not think this is gossip. Rather, it appears as members of the church sharing their personal experiences amid members of forums. And as such, in the case of bad experiences, serves to inform one another of what is awaiting should one decide to join a forum being discussed. And also, which I think is a blessing and reprieve of sorts for those of us who have not so great experiences , a reason to pray for what may be in need of the light and love of Christ. :) Therein helping all who are in such places to find peace and feel the love of God sent to them from God and us, sincerely.

Just my view. God Bless.

I hear you, and appreciate what you're saying. I have True Fear of the Lord, having felt His Raw, Almighty Power. I am doing my utmost best to do things rightly in this world. And I know this . . . that True Christians do not throw other Christians in the ditch; rather, we pull others out of the ditch. We are to Love our enemies. We are to feed them. We are to care for them, for their souls are at risk.

Matthew 9:12 NLT - "When Jesus heard this, he said, "Healthy people don't need a doctor--sick people do."

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear you, and appreciate what you're saying. I have True Fear of the Lord, having felt His Raw, Almighty Power. I am doing my utmost best to do things rightly in this world. And I know this . . . that True Christians do not throw other Christians in the ditch; rather, we pull others out of the ditch. We are to Love our enemies. We are to feed them. We are to care for them, for their souls are at risk.

Matthew 9:12 NLT - "When Jesus heard this, he said, "Healthy people don't need a doctor--sick people do."
AMEN! :)

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
LoL! This is great : ) I'm glad Superduperman survived, LoL!

Yeah, I came in relatively late, and all Hell was breaking loose within a year of my joining. That's when they changed to having separate boards for denominational threads. I thought that was actually a good idea at the time, but they have since become SO strict that I honestly can't post there any more. I can and do a little, but I will get banned in short order if I become regularly active, so I rarely post now.

That fell under the same rules format. No anti-Catholic stuff on the Catholic forum; no anti-EO stuff on the EO forum; no anti-dream stuff on the Dream forum. I welcomed debate over actual interpretation, but most of the discussion (which continues to this day) was only over the validity of modern dream interpretation itself.

No, no. No word of knowledge. No divination either, LoL, so relax. But you do have to break the habit of using more than one ID here as well, because it's a violation they take seriously. But glad to hear it was more of a playful thing.

I consider what He reveals to me through the Spirit regarding the word to be superior as well. Only I also honor Joel 2:28 as in the earliest stages of being fulfilled (with decades yet to go); in its infancy yet, if you will. For me, while the word is primary, the Spirit speaks more specifically to things going on at present. Our biggest disagreement is over the "prophets to the nations" question. I consider it too lofty of a "title," because to me its not a big deal; simply people being used of God to prophesy to world affairs. But I have also seen dream interpretation be extremely effective in guiding people's personal lives, and protecting them from spiritual harm and spiritual downfall. So I have seen too much value in it experientially to discard it as not being of use to the end-time church.

LoL. This has me laughing again the way it starts... sounds like the lead off to a punch line (though I am taking you seriously. Dreams are often like that).

LoL!! Well, I'll pray about it, how's that? An interpreter kinda needs the cooperation of the one who received the dream, because the Spirit often leads me to dig for more details. But I'm not gonna bother you with it unless the Lord leads me.

Good to see you on the forum. We most certainly agree when it comes to the gifts, and you have a good head for scholarship, so maybe we can get into discussing that stuff some in the future, and avoid the stuff we still disagree on.

God bless,
- H
Thanks for your positive comments. Actually I don't use multiple IDs on this forum. Superduperman was someone who existed at a period of time when humour was badly needed on CF to offset some of the nastiness that was developing at the time. I think the conflict was the opposition with WOF at the time. Incidentally, I have viewed one or two good WOF preachers on Youtube, and the basic principle is sound and Biblical; but as with every good principle, there are the extremists who go further than what the Bible allows. I think the WOF movement has been corrupted by the likes of Kenny Copeland and people like him. I viewed Norval Hayes, one of the originals, and he enjoyed his ministry, but I stopped short at his method of repeated confession, such as "Jesus has healed me" that he instructs sick people to say. The downside of it is that uninformed people could stay away from the doctor and stop taking their medication as a result. Two or three years ago there was a well-known court case where a child died because the parents refused medical help for a preventable illness because they were confessing "Jesus has healed [the child]".

Curry Blake is good, because he advises that only the person who prescribed the medication should advise the patient to cease taking it. He relates the story of the diabetic who was healed by the power of God, and became sicker, because of the effects of the insulin the patient was still taking. When the doctor advised the patient to stop using the insulin the patient became totally well. Blake says that although a person is taking medication, the Lord can and will heal in spite of the medication and the results themselves will show that the medication is no longer needed.

Although I generally have doubts about dream interpretation, there is clear Biblical evidence that people can receive dreams and be warned by them. As I have said before, when I have a dream about someone I know, it is a signal for me to pray for them that their faith does not fail and that God would meet the particular need in them that prompted my dream about them. This is total faith, because we don't know the circumstances of the person involved other than our dream involving them.

Also, people do have visions, and they are clear and unmistakable. There are testimonies of people having visions of Jesus which totally changed their lives for the Lord. Also, there are those who have testified to having strong impressions, such as not boarding a particular flight, and then finding out later that the flight crashed with no survivors. That is an example of the Word of Wisdom operating.

Dave Roberson who wrote Walk in Power, Walk in the Spirit, testified that after an extended period of praying in tongues, he went to pray for someone who had injured his arm, and had a vision of an xray picture of the man's arm showing the exact location and nature of the injury. Words of Knowledge can come through impressions, absolute realisation, or a vision. Jesus may have had a vision when He saw Nathaniel under the fig tree, before another disciple brought him to Him. What Peter, James and John saw on the Mount of Transfiguration could have been a vision, or an actual transformation of Jesus and the visit by Moses and Elijah. Visions can be very real.

What I doubt are the dreams and visions that are not clear cut and real and which require interpretation. Joseph's dreams concerning the safety of the infant Jesus were clear warnings which he could immediately obey, without waiting around wondering how the interpret them. Also I doubt visions of Jesus where He is depicted as a white European with straight long hair, because that was not what He actually was. When I had a vision of who I believed was Jesus, (which turned me upside down and inside out and changed my life forever), it was a glimpse of a figure in shining white, and the effect of it was that I went down on my face. Paul was confronted by a bright shining light on the road to Damascus. I believe it was the person of Jesus in all His ascended glory which blinded Paul and put him on his face and totally transformed him.

I believe in angelic visitations, as happened to Paul at times. The Scripture speaks about entertaining angels unawares. I wonder sometimes that chance meetings of people that we see only once, but what they say changes something in us, are angels, but we didn't know they were angels. I guess this is why we should always respect and be kind to strangers.

Reactions: Pathfinder7

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your positive comments. Actually I don't use multiple IDs on this forum. Superduperman was someone who existed at a period of time when humour was badly needed on CF to offset some of the nastiness that was developing at the time. I think the conflict was the opposition with WOF at the time. Incidentally, I have viewed one or two good WOF preachers on Youtube, and the basic principle is sound and Biblical; but as with every good principle, there are the extremists who go further than what the Bible allows. I think the WOF movement has been corrupted by the likes of Kenny Copeland and people like him. I viewed Norval Hayes, one of the originals, and he enjoyed his ministry, but I stopped short at his method of repeated confession, such as "Jesus has healed me" that he instructs sick people to say. The downside of it is that uninformed people could stay away from the doctor and stop taking their medication as a result. Two or three years ago there was a well-known court case where a child died because the parents refused medical help for a preventable illness because they were confessing "Jesus has healed [the child]".

Curry Blake is good, because he advises that only the person who prescribed the medication should advise the patient to cease taking it. He relates the story of the diabetic who was healed by the power of God, and became sicker, because of the effects of the insulin the patient was still taking. When the doctor advised the patient to stop using the insulin the patient became totally well. Blake says that although a person is taking medication, the Lord can and will heal in spite of the medication and the results themselves will show that the medication is no longer needed.

Although I generally have doubts about dream interpretation, there is clear Biblical evidence that people can receive dreams and be warned by them. As I have said before, when I have a dream about someone I know, it is a signal for me to pray for them that their faith does not fail and that God would meet the particular need in them that prompted my dream about them. This is total faith, because we don't know the circumstances of the person involved other than our dream involving them.

Also, people do have visions, and they are clear and unmistakable. There are testimonies of people having visions of Jesus which totally changed their lives for the Lord. Also, there are those who have testified to having strong impressions, such as not boarding a particular flight, and then finding out later that the flight crashed with no survivors. That is an example of the Word of Wisdom operating.

Dave Roberson who wrote Walk in Power, Walk in the Spirit, testified that after an extended period of praying in tongues, he went to pray for someone who had injured his arm, and had a vision of an xray picture of the man's arm showing the exact location and nature of the injury. Words of Knowledge can come through impressions, absolute realisation, or a vision. Jesus may have had a vision when He saw Nathaniel under the fig tree, before another disciple brought him to Him. What Peter, James and John saw on the Mount of Transfiguration could have been a vision, or an actual transformation of Jesus and the visit by Moses and Elijah. Visions can be very real.

What I doubt are the dreams and visions that are not clear cut and real and which require interpretation. Joseph's dreams concerning the safety of the infant Jesus were clear warnings which he could immediately obey, without waiting around wondering how the interpret them. Also I doubt visions of Jesus where He is depicted as a white European with straight long hair, because that was not what He actually was. When I had a vision of who I believed was Jesus, (which turned me upside down and inside out and changed my life forever), it was a glimpse of a figure in shining white, and the effect of it was that I went down on my face. Paul was confronted by a bright shining light on the road to Damascus. I believe it was the person of Jesus in all His ascended glory which blinded Paul and put him on his face and totally transformed him.

I believe in angelic visitations, as happened to Paul at times. The Scripture speaks about entertaining angels unawares. I wonder sometimes that chance meetings of people that we see only once, but what they say changes something in us, are angels, but we didn't know they were angels. I guess this is why we should always respect and be kind to strangers.

Much of this we agree on, including our general take on WOF. The principle thing is abiding in Christ. When we do, our words have power in them because the Presence of God is there to inspire them and then back them up. Without this, however, we can blow all the hot air we want to and it will fall to the ground powerless, because faith confession in and of itself is worthless.

About the rest, I know you and I, and we are about to monopolize this thread for quite awhile when it is supposed to be about Worthy and former membership there.

God willing, we'll get into the other stuff later.

Be blessed,
- H

Reactions: Paul Christensen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Paul Christensen I suppose that verse shows that with the passing of the years circumstances can indeed change; and so we don't rely on man but on God Himself.