meme dump!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um, wow?

that's where i started, was prolly gonna die with the next attack.
O3 is the anti-inflammatory! blahblah blah lol
Hers began in about 1989. She fought that battle to breathe for many years. She was on a daily dose of steroids [Prednizone] for more than 20 years and it permanently damaged her immune system. The asthma was effectively gone several years ago, but getting off the steroids was another thing. She weaned herself off of them over a period of months. She's been steroid free for more than 5 years now. The affect of the usage of steroids is similar to AIDS. Hard to imagine that someone would purposely take steroids to enhance something yet we still read about athletes doing it to help them achieve...hmmm?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
"
The feminine equivalent גמולה (gemula), meaning investment. In its singular form this noun occurs only in 2 Samuel 19:37. In plural it occurs twice, in Isaiah 59:18 and most strikingly in Jeremiah 51:56, where the Lord is called אל גמלות (El-gemulot).

This phrase is usually interpreted to mean God of Recompense(s) in the sense that God would be the Great Avenger. The problem with this interpretation is that God typically loves and forgives, but He also typically sows and harvests, and subsequently directs the human endeavor according to the familiar dictum "you reap what you sow".

God is rather the God of Investment And Return, in all the economic sense of the word (MATTHEW 13:8, 25:9). The obedience that God is often said to demand from us is not the obedience a totalitarian dictator demands of his subjects, but rather that of a businessman who invests in a sector with the potential of growth and then expects that sector to indeed grow healthier and more prosperous..." The amazing name Gamaliel: meaning and etymology

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
  • Most striking is the derived masculine noun גמל (gamal), from whence comes our word "camel", and which translator will always translate with "camel" to considerable confusion. We'll discuss the word גמל (gamal) below, but note that the connection between the camel and the process of maturation is also reflected by the noun בכרה (bikra), denoting a young camel, which comes from the verb בכר (bakar), which denotes the very beginning of the maturation process: the first birth of either people, animals or fruits.
Camels in Palestine
ibid

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my case often the finger was pointed at me first. I have been chastened and scourged, beaten severely by the merciful hand of God. Seeing my stupidity, my ignorance, my self life, my lack of any discipline I am astounded that He has, let me stay alive. I do not jest. His grace is truly immeasurable. Then after conviction, repentance, the Holy Spirit went to the teaching mode. Seeing the hand in teaching mode first is best. After salvation you are more apt to sit and listen. After having pierced yourself through with many sorrows. The escape from erring is better than correction after transgression, for every sin leaves a memory scar.

David had those. My sin is ever before me is a consequence of ignoring the teacher.

Reactions: Acolyte and amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'"
-- Kurt Vonnegut

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"
The atheist who wouldn't sit still

Modern atheists, especially those of the arm chair variety, tend to define themselves as people who don't believe in God, which is a statement that requires a theology based on a fixed definition of God, which violates the First Commandment just as much as any religion that won't budge (Exodus 20:4). Terah of Ur had no business with that kind of idolatry and wasn't going to sit still anywhere near a mentality that wouldn't change while everything else in the world did.

Terah famously left Ur of the Chaldeans — Ur means light and the Chaldeans were the priestly caste of Babylon; in other words: Terah was not simply a tourist; he had said goodbye to his religion. Terah died in Haran (means Mountainous and is possibly an image of multiple concentrations of wisdom), but YHWH spoke to his son Abram and he pressed on.

Abram traversed (יעבר, same as "hebrewed") the world as far as Shechem (means Sense Of Responsibility) and the oak of Moreh (Genesis 12:6; Moreh means Teacher and is related to the word Torah) and by the time Abram was called "the Hebrew", he was living at the oaks of Mamre (Genesis 14:13; Mamre probably means Bitter or Strong and is related to the name Mary).

In English all this oak-dwelling sounds like a pretty sturdy affair but in Hebrew it reveals that academically, Abram wasn't doing very well — see our article on the word אלון ('allon), meaning oak; an unmistakable symbol of weakness and foolishness."
The amazing name Hebrew: meaning and etymology