Mental Physical Spiritual Financial

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not pay off for our doing. If you get from God or he gives to you whatever that may be, it is not based on your doing. Whatever comes to you will be based on who you as a legitimate child of God, not what you do.

That will go against the grain of most of our understanding because we are taught righteousness by works in many instances - or taught doing to receive. The blessing always has attached to it with you doing something.

When the scriptures teach the opposite. Scripture plainly teaches God takes care of his children. Now there are times when that taking care of does not seem to fit my notion of how I want to be taken care of, but irregardless the scriptures teach he is Jehovah Jireh Our Father.

The greatest blessing you can have is knowing that your father takes care of you and you do not have to work to please him to keep him on your side to be taken care of, he is our "Father in Heaven" hallowed is his name.

Reactions: Pearl

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man
"God does not pay off for our doing"?

Mt 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
How does one become poor in spirit?

Mt 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
How does one mourn?

Mt 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
How does one become meek?

Mt 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
How does one become hungry and thirsty after righteousness?

Mt 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
How does one show mercy ?

Mt 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
How does one become pure in heart?

Mt 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
How does one become a peacemaker?

Mt 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
What does one do to be persecuted for righteousness sake?

Mt 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
How is it that one is reviled, persecuted falsely accused for His sake?

What have we been given?

"...Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." Acts 2:37-38

"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you:..." Acts 1:8

What are we doing or what have we been doing with what God has given us?

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

"For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit." Rom 8:5

"Quench not the Spirit." I Thess 5:19

Reactions: soul man

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the proper foundation is:
3. Spiritual
2. Mental
1. Physical (including financial)

It’s hard to grasp Aristotle's Syllogisms when suffering severe stomach and head aches.

And you certainly cannot be at peace spiritually when the bills aren’t paid and there is no food for you or your starving children.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not pay off for our doing. If you get from God or he gives to you whatever that may be, it is not based on your doing. Whatever comes to you will be based on who you as a legitimate child of God, not what you do.
?Precious friend, I believe you have God's FREE Gift Of "ETERNAL Life"
Confused with God's "Reward for good works"?:

"Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every
man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry,
ye are God's building. According The GRACE Of God Which Is Given
unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid The Foundation, and
another buildeth Thereon.

But let every man take heed how he buildeth Thereupon. For other
foundation can no man lay than That is laid, Which Is JESUS CHRIST.

Now if any man build upon This Foundation gold, silver, precious
stones, wood, hay, stubble;

Every man's work shall be made manifest: for The Day Shall
Declare it, because it Shall Be Revealed by fire; and the fire
hall Try every man's work of what sort it is.

If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall
receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall
suffer loss: but he himself SHALL BE SAVED; yet so as by fire."
(1 Corinthians 3 : 8-15 KJB!)

Be Blessed!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you certainly cannot be at peace spiritually when the bills aren’t paid and there is no food for you or your starving children.
I would disagree with this bit.

That lack of peace is what the old man experiences, while the new man knows joy and peace and love. And those fleshy feelings can come even while we know the peace that comes from God.

Those feelings are from the flesh, but our life is found not in flesh but in Spirit.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The blessing always has attached to it with you doing something.
Yes, this "earnings" mentality is deeply ingrained!

We are not in the "lead" in our relationship with God. He is giving to us as He chooses based on what is good for us, to conform us to Christ. At least this is how I see it.

Much love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

That will go against the grain of most of our understanding because we are taught righteousness by works in many instances - or taught doing to receive. The blessing always has attached to it with you doing something.

When the scriptures teach the opposite. Scripture plainly teaches God takes care of his children. Now there are times when that taking care of does not seem to fit my notion of how I want to be taken care of, but irregardless the scriptures teach he is Jehovah Jireh Our Father.

The greatest blessing you can have is knowing that your father takes care of you and you do not have to work to please him to keep him on your side to be taken care of, he is our "Father in Heaven" hallowed is his name.
@soul man Small wonder that by God's grace the Spirit causes God's children to cry 'Abba, Father'... (Romans 8.15).

HeartNSoul19

Jul 6, 2021
Washington DC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God does love and take care of each and every one of us. However this does not mean that we don't need to put efforts toward seeking, towards being of service, towards doing good in the world.

Ultimately we must arrive at the understanding that we should do good for its own sake and not so that it would be pleasing to God or to attain salvation etc.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does love and take care of each and every one of us. However this does not mean that we don't need to put efforts toward seeking, towards being of service, towards doing good in the world.

Ultimately we must arrive at the understanding that we should do good for its own sake and not so that it would be pleasing to God or to attain salvation etc.

Yes, Christ alive in the believer!