mental prayer?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

poetboy

Jul 2, 2007
im sure the bible says- to some extent- something about speaking aloud when talking to god, but have you ever been somewhere public? or maybe at home but didnt have time to get down on your knees and pray? I sometimes pray in my head (if that makes any sense, but im sure god hear's all thoughts) and im sure they have been answered because sometimes afterwards, I get relaxed, like i just took some stress off my mind. Does that ever happen to you? tell me, i prolly dont know what im talkin about here, but please comment.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Of course it makes sense. That's just you talking to God through the Holy Spirit. If you talk to God, out loud or in your head, he'll still hear you. Remember, he can read your thoughts
wink.gif

poetboy

Jul 2, 2007
wierd, i always thought about that, but I've never considered that i had the holy spirit..i thought i had to be like baptized for that..i'll make a thread on this new thought..

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Baptism is there to bring you closer to God. Just like speaking in tongues (that's a gift though).