Did I break my fast by lying

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ju0m99

Apr 2, 2024
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So I was fasting for Gods mercy and forgiveness just like the Nineveh story ( I don’t really need your opinion regarding my fast subject please). However I ended up breaking it early because I lied to my mum that I’m going to work tomorrow even though I don’t have a job…

So now tomorrow I have to go out pretend I have a Job the issue is if I tell her the truth I’ll be kicked out as she said and I’ll have no money and no where to live and she doesn’t care.

So I don’t know what to do

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I was fasting for Gods mercy and forgiveness just like the Nineveh story ( I don’t really need your opinion regarding my fast subject please). However I ended up breaking it early because I lied to my mum that I’m going to work tomorrow even though I don’t have a job…

So now tomorrow I have to go out pretend I have a Job the issue is if I tell her the truth I’ll be kicked out as she said and I’ll have no money and no where to live and she doesn’t care.

So I don’t know what to do
Just my opinion which could be wrong but …how ironic you fasted for Gods mercy and forgiveness and you messed up. That’s not to condemn you but how easy it is for us all to mess up. Thank God for His forgiveness and mercy! Concerning your mother …wow that is a difficult one. Considering she said you’ll be kicked out. The right thing I think would be to tell her that you lied and own up to it but that sounds like it will come with major consequences.
Why did you lie about having a job to your mother? Was it because you didn’t want her to be disappointed in you or were you afraid of what she would do if you didn’t go to work? There is something to learn there in the fast for Gods mercy and forgiveness that He is not disappointed or unmerciful and unforgiving in our humbling ourselves in admitting our failure. He isn’t disappointed in you for breaking your fast I don’t think but loves to shower you with mercy and forgiveness. All the best to you. But consider how many days you’ll have to pretend to go to work so your mother doesn’t find out the truth. Isn’t it better to face it?

Reactions: Nancy and Ju0m99

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go apply at Mcdonalds or something like that. Take all your id stuff with you. You can work there while applying to other places. there are plenty of jobs around.

Reactions: lforrest and Nancy

Ju0m99

Apr 2, 2024
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just my opinion which could be wrong but …how ironic you fasted for Gods mercy and forgiveness and you messed up. That’s not to condemn you but how easy it is for us all to mess up. Thank God for His forgiveness and mercy! Concerning your mother …wow that is a difficult one. Considering she said you’ll be kicked out. The right thing I think would be to tell her that you lied and own up to it but that sounds like it will come with major consequences.
Why did you lie about having a job to your mother? Was it because you didn’t want her to be disappointed in you or were you afraid of what she would do if you didn’t go to work? There is something to learn there in the fast for Gods mercy and forgiveness that He is not disappointed or unmerciful and unforgiving in our humbling ourselves in admitting our failure. He isn’t disappointed in you for breaking your fast I don’t think but loves to shower you with mercy and forgiveness. All the best to you. But consider how many days you’ll have to pretend to go to work so your mother doesn’t find out the truth. Isn’t it better to face it?
Well I’m just going to start the fast again tomorrow. Then as soon as I’m done I can go to work. But I just fast because I’ve done a lot of bad things hence why there’s so many spiritual blockages and I’ve been called to repent and fast.

I’m just going to have to pretend I’m going to work. I didn’t necessarily say I’m going to work tomorrow she asked
I just have to keep leaving the house everyday during my fast sit somewhere quiet at a coffee shop and fast that way the only thing because she assumes I’m out at work is that lying?

When will I go back to work I said I’m going to start going by tomorrow.

It’s sad but I hope God will still appreciate my fast. I have no choice. Good thing is she’ll only ask me once I’ll be coming home pretty late so she’ll never see me tbh to ask further questions.

And nope she won’t listen she’s a difficult woman very difficult I’ve paid so much money for us to keep our house this was I had money. Yet the minute I lost my money she kicked me out within 3 weeks even though I saved her from homelessness and she didn’t care.

Ju0m99

Apr 2, 2024
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Go apply at Mcdonalds or something like that. Take all your id stuff with you. You can work there while applying to other places. there are plenty of jobs around.
No McDonald’s you need to apply online and it’s a looong process they test you with big questions soometimes you don’t even pass.

I never have.

So what can I do?

I just have to keep leaving the house everyday during my fast sit somewhere quiet at a coffee shop and fast that way the only thing because she assumes I’m out at work is that lying?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I’m just going to start the fast again tomorrow. Then as soon as I’m done I can go to work. But I just fast because I’ve done a lot of bad things hence why there’s so many spiritual blockages and I’ve been called to repent and fast.

I’m just going to have to pretend I’m going to work. I didn’t necessarily say I’m going to work tomorrow she asked

It’s sad but I hope God will still appreciate my fast. I have no choice. Good thing is she’ll only ask me once I’ll be coming home pretty late so she’ll never see me tbh to ask further questions.

And nope she won’t listen she’s a difficult woman very difficult I’ve paid so much money for us to keep our house this was I had money. Yet the minute I lost my money she kicked me out within 3 weeks even though I saved her from homelessness and she didn’t care.
None of my businesses other than you asked about lying. I’m afraid you’re digging a deeper hole. What stops you from at the end of this fast from then feeling guilty from lying, having to then fast again for lying and it just repeats going on and on?

Ignore me though. If you are going to get off somewhere quiet to think. Maybe that is what you need.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No McDonald’s you need to apply online and it’s a looong process they test you with big questions soometimes you don’t even pass.

I never have.

So what can I do?

Its a wicked web when you lie. It'll be another lie when someone tells her you are in a coffee shop. Then another lie of taking the afternoon off. All the lies will pile up then you'll be trapped. Fasting does no good, because God does not honor that for the wrong reasons. Fasting is to clear your mind to find God's will in your life. Honesty is the only way to keep a clear conscious. Find a job and get you own place is the best answer to your problem.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I never have.

So what can I do?

I dont know where you live but not here. why dont you go work at the coffee house your drink coffee at? I would love to know what kind of questions you would have to answer to work in fast food. You're pulling my leg. This is a troll post isn't it?

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I thought you said she would kick you out if you werent working.

Ju0m99

Apr 2, 2024
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
She would kick me out. What part of it don’t you understand?

I’m not trolling let me give you a background of who I am:

I’m under heavy spiritual battle and I have terrible dreams sleep paralysis and I hear things trying to get into my door and night so always have to wake up and pray.
I make movies and music and was supposed to debute this year. My films were really liked and my script must’ve got into the wrong hands because I’ve now have few well known people in the industry using it as inspiration and getting millions of views from it.

as I’ve already had people who are part of the industry read my script and are on board.

Part 2
My attack is heavy and the enemy sends bad people. I’ve had many friends who were around me attracted to my light and have cursed me not to mention people on my mothers side are witches.

I’m a very talented gifted person and I had a lot of beauty but then after all the bad dreams and me possibly having bad spirits attached to me I lost it but when I pray hard it comes back. That’s how I know it’s spiritual.

I’ve had a job before and as I was working I’d be looking at my screen and the number or whatever is on the screen changes to different font or number and it messes up everything my screen or whatever I’m looking it becomes alterd. it’s really creepy. Meaning I have heavy spiritual attacks. I’ve become invisible like nobody can see me. By this I mean when I’d go out I’d get tons of attention appreciation everyday And I clearly have a rejection spirit because ever since the bad people I met especially the one who drugged me. People are nasty to me but I prayed really hard against her and things are going back to normal.

I’ve had people come to my in the physical after long conversation they tried to convince me to join the occult.

FINALLY
So no with all these things surrounding me I need heavy deliverance I can’t just Walt’s in and get a job I’m spiritually weak I’ve tried it before they either called me back and I got the job just for the altering things to happen again orrr no response.

However once I complete a fast everything goes back to normal for few months then I have these sexual dreams out of no where and I feel bound to look or do bad things because the dreams come up. Then my life goes terrible again back to squar one rinse and repeat.

So I’m literally going through spiritual torment.

I hope this helps.

Ju0m99

Apr 2, 2024
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Its a wicked web when you lie. It'll be another lie when someone tells her you are in a coffee shop. Then another lie of taking the afternoon off. All the lies will pile up then you'll be trapped. Fasting does no good, because God does not honor that for the wrong reasons. Fasting is to clear your mind to find God's will in your life. Honesty is the only way to keep a clear conscious. Find a job and get you own place is the best answer to your problem.
I broke the fast already. But what I’m gonna do now is just start my fast another day and go sit at the coffee shop for the days I’m fasting for till my fast is complete then work. My mums gonna possibly think I’m at work which I don’t want her too but what can I do I need A bed to sleep on… for the time being. If I tell her the truth she absolutely will kick me out she’s not a motherly person and very cold she didn’t even take care of me when I was a child I was neglected emotionally although you’d never guess.

I cannot just go and find a job now they won’t give it to me I’ve tried I don’t even look like myself my face used to get me a lot of opportunities but after the dreams I’ve had of someone putting a mask on me or me wearing different wigs I don’t look like myself I just need to pray for a bit and I’ll go back to normal it’s because I opened the door to satan through self pleasure which I shouldn’t be doing but I’m telling you I get heavy sexual dreams. And I feel bound but since 2 days ago I’ve been fighting against those desires to really follow God or I’ll always keep going back to squar 1