Merry Christmas

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Merry Christmas my brothers and sisters!

Gloria in excelcis Deo!
And Merry Christmas to you as well my friend.

"gloria in altissimis Deo et in terra pax in hominibus bonae voluntatis" Luke 2:14

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." Luke 2:14

"Gloria en las alturas á Dios, Y en la tierra paz, buena voluntad para con los hombres." Luke 2:14

"Ehre sei Gott in der Höhe und Frieden auf Erden und den Menschen ein Wohlgefallen. " Luke 2:14

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

"gloria in altissimis Deo et in terra pax in hominibus bonae voluntatis" Luke 2:14

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." Luke 2:14

"Gloria en las alturas á Dios, Y en la tierra paz, buena voluntad para con los hombres." Luke 2:14

"Ehre sei Gott in der Höhe und Frieden auf Erden und den Menschen ein Wohlgefallen. " Luke 2:14
@amadeus I do like to hear German carols! :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Latin , Spanish and German?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus I do like to hear German carols! :)
Thank you for sharing!

I have the music for a couple of them in German, which I play [piano] and sing once in a while this time of year. Playing and singing in German for me is a bit of an exercise but for O Tannenbaun [O Christmas Tree] and Stille Nacht [Silent Night] it is easy enough and I make the effort.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Latin , Spanish and German?
Yes, I'd be hard pressed in the Latin, but between my altar boy Latin and a couple of semesters in College I can wade through some of the Bible. Of course, I have Bibles in about 30 different languages on one CD I bought a number of years ago. They have all those available online these days, but I have always liked the ones from the CD better. I don't use all the other languages much but they have come in handy once in a while.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thank you for sharing!

I have the music for a couple of them in German, which I play [piano] and sing once in a while this time of year. Playing and singing in German for me is a bit of an exercise but for O Tannenbaun [O Christmas Tree] and Stille Nacht [Silent Night] it is easy enough and I make the effort.
Stille Nacht....

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I've been to that airport in Germany.
For my student year in Germany the California State Colleges chartered a commercial jet to Paris. From there I went by train to Radolfzell, a small town of the German side of the Swiss border where I spent about 2 months studying German. From there I went by train to West Berlin where I completed two semesters before returning via train to Paris for my flight home. I cannot remember ever being at an airport in Germany.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
For my student year in Germany the California State Colleges chartered a commercial jet to Paris. From there I went by train to Radolfzell, a small town of the German side of the Swiss border where I spent about 2 months studying German. From there I went by train to West Berlin where I completed two semesters before returning via train to Paris for my flight home. I cannot remember ever being at an airport in Germany.
@amadeus Basel, Switzerland, on the German border near Loerrach, is very interesting; overlooking the Rhein is Basel Muenster, in which the great Renaissance scholar Erasmus is buried; whose 1516 Greek NT printed text was used by the various Reformers in translation.

Basel shares an airport with Mulhouse, France, and Freiburg-im-Breisgau, Germany.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
iu
Merry Christmas everyone!
iu