Merry Christmas

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@amadeus Basel, Switzerland, on the German border near Loerrach, is very interesting; overlooking the Rhein is Basel Muenster, in which the great Renaissance scholar Erasmus is buried; whose 1516 Greek NT printed text was used by the various Reformers in translation.

Basel shares an airport with Mulhouse, France, and Freiburg-im-Breisgau, Germany.
Yes, even though it was so long ago [1969] I still remember during my two months in Radolfzell going to Basel with our little student body and visiting a beautiful cathedral there. Somewhere among my thousands of pictures I have some of my trip Basel. Unfortunately many of my pictures are not titled. They are among my German and Swiss fotos of those days. Everything I took was processed into color slides. The slides are all gone now, but before they were gone I scanned them all onto my computer. The quality on some is poor but looking at them now brings back good memories of those days. Even the uncomfortable occurrences of that time may be good to me now. Give God the glory!
Johnny W Hedrick.jpg

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Merry Christmas my brothers and sisters!

Gloria in excelcis Deo!
Hi Philip, thank you, and The same to you all.

Matthew One:20-21 20But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Love always, Walter and Debbie

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christmas is for children -
at least that's what they say,
It's time of wide-eyed wonder,
a magic holiday

When candy canes and gingerbread
fill tummies with delight
And little sleepyheads try hard
to stay up through the night.

Yes, Christmas is for children-
anyone will tell you so.
The twinkling, colored lights on trees
make youngsters' eyes just glow!

Each package and each stocking
is approached with childish joy
And toys bring squeals of laughter
from each eager girl and boy.

Yes, Christmas is for children -
all they say is true.
How wonderful that at Christmas time -
grownups are children, too!

I forgot who wrote that but I really liked it and I wanted to share it with you guys. :)