Merry Christmas!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Merry Christmas:
wp2347726.jpg

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Merry Christmas:
wp2347726.jpg

LOVE this pic Devin! There is only one thing that is not biblical about it...not that it matters but it does throw some. The Maji saw Jesus in a "house",

Matthew 2:11
“And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.”

The "shepherds" saw Him in the "manger"

Luke 2:8-20
8 "And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."

I know, it's a non issue but, it is kind of a "thorn in the side" :D with me and this painting, and some mangers. :)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOVE this pic Devin! There is only one thing that is not biblical about it...not that it matters but it does throw some. The Maji saw Jesus in a "house",

Matthew 2:11
“And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.”

The "shepherds" saw Him in the "manger"

Luke 2:8-20
8 "And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."

I know, it's a non issue but, it is kind of a "thorn in the side" :D with me and this painting, and some mangers. :)

Jesus was two though when the magi came to visit. The shepherds were the ones when he was in the manger. :) I was shocked when I learned that.