Merry Christmas!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Howdy Folks,From all of us at Christianity Board to you, we'd like to wish you a very Merry Christmas! As always, take a moment from the hustle and bustle of the occasion to talk to and acknowledge the single greatest gift ever given to man from our Father. And one of the best ways you can do that is to understand his Word and what it tells you about the actual time of the birth of Christ. Still, it is important to honor the true spirit of the day and recognize what Christ was born for regardless of date of birth or date of conception.You're always welcome to read our Nativity Christmas Bible Study which looks at the actual birth of our Lord and Savior Yeshua (Jesus) the Christ.Psalms 91:14
Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
God Bless!

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
...and Merry Christmas to you too Swamp Fox.
smile.gif
I spent my Christmas day studying the word of God and, while reading Luke, was struck by the absolute joy of knowing that the Holy Spirit in my heart is the very same state of God that is directly responsible for the conception of Jesus Christ!! That may be obvious but it doesn't stop the joy of knowing it is true!What also occurred to me is that, as long as I remain on the narrow path to the Kingdom of Heaven, I will get to meet everyone I am reading about in the Bible! Now that is just AWESOME!!What a way to celebrate my first Christmas day as a true Disciple of Christ than to spend it praising Him with those realisations in my heart!

DeBPrpht

Dec 28, 2008
Greetings Ya'll, Whoa,.....what a first topic to post in. I need first to set a foundation here: I was raised Catholic,.....went from there to Apostolic/ Baptist/Lutheran/Methodist/ .......one Moonie meeting/ three Jehovah's Witness meetings /Pentecostal /..........& now to what I am now >>>WHAT FAITH WAS JESUS? It is not of Man's doing or his choice of names, but that of The Almighty God of Israel's. I CONFESS HERE.........that He, who is commonly know as Jesus Christ, is also known as Yeshua Mashiach/ Yoshua Ha'Mashiach........I confess that He is LORD, SAVIOUR, AND REDEEMER...........I have no doubt, nor question in what is required in who Our Saviour is.From there I will say this & undoubtedly raise the eyebrows, if not the wrath of many,.........but nowhere is it found except in Man's teachings, are we to honor Christmas, or Easter. This has made me unpopular, but still loved, even in my own home. I say here that Mankind has failed miserably in what God Almighty has Commanded,........and that is to honor His Sabbaths, which includes the very day that He was crucified & that was THE PASSOVER. Is He not "The Lamb of God"? Did Paul himself, or any of the other Apostles instruct us to do away with any of those Holidays which were Commanded of us?..........NO. So,........once again, those who took over & became Overseers of The Word of God Almighty (Th' catholics) for more than 1500 years, & it's subsequent breakaway daughters (Th' protestants) still keep THE TRADITIONS OF MAN DIRECTLY IN THE EYESIGHT OF THE FLOCK/CONGREGATION / ASSEMBLY/CHURCH,......................and shun what God Almighty Himself told those who will follow Him to keep. And again,...........I am not a Jew / Jehovah's Witness/ nor any who" hang a shingle devised by Man" upon my door.Shalom

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well I have some good news for you, we may not exactly agree on every point you've made but most all of us agree 100% about Easter it is a Pagon holiday we are told to observe "Passover" which the catholic church combined with the festival of the goddess of Istar and called it Easter ... We also know Christ was born in Sept. not December ... However did you know that Dec. was most likely the day of his conception that is the day he came to dwell in the flesh with us ..so even though some pagon rituals have snook in like Santa claus ect. I dont think God would mind those with a right heart celebrating his coming to dwell with us on Dec,25th... However it is a mans holiday God never told us to observe it but I think its fine with him if we honor him on that day...http://www.christianityboard.com/christmas-t9922.html

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;66827)
Well I have some news for you we may not exactly agree on every point but most all of us agree and well know Easter is a Pagon holiday that we are told to observe "Passover" which the catholic church combined with the festival of the goddess of Istar and called it Easter ... We also know Christ was born in Sept. not December ... However did you know that Dec. was most likely the day of his conception that is the day he came to dwell in the flesh with us ..so even though some pagon rituals have snook in like Santa claus ect. I dont think God would mind those with a right heart celebrating his coming to dwell with us on Dec,25th... However it is a mans holiday God never told us to observe it but I think its fine with him if we honor him on that day...
I Corinthians 5:7 - Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

gumby

May 29, 2009
Although i dont recognize christmas as december 25th i do celebrate the birth of our lord and savior, to me evry day should be christmas not just for one day. Remember its not about trees its not about santa clause although to some those things are a part of christmas but give someone the living water this year folks, John 4:10.

God bless :)

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Merry Christmas and Happy Everything!

:) Miss Hepburn :)

~~~<(((((((< ~~~~

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
sorry for being me in this view i have of you, if you read mark7;7,8,9 you will clearly see jesus talking about things that xmas can be fit into..knowing the truth behind the pagan idos that go with xmas ..why would you think you are any better off then any other person that does not believe in christ..when you show that you are a hipocrite in this area..you self addressed chistians have the nerve to say that you have the truth know the truth but teach lies and mis quide others..i wonder why you do this thing ,are you self rightous,are you hipocrites are you just blind to the snares of the evil one..you seem to run after justify and fight for this tradition that has nothing to do with god or christ,,but is of the world, is a tradition of man and you do not keep the command of god that is refered in the mark ..it is no wonder that many people do not want your relidgins....i am blunt and with bad spelling but the truth is the truth its not my truth as i see it .you study it you will see the truth of it..we are in fast moving times and its soon you better see the traps of the world and stand up for christ in real not fussy lies that predate the romans..

Merry Christmas and Happy Everything!

:) Miss Hepburn :)

~~~<(((((((< ~~~~
[/quote]

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
I too believe in celebrating the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ everyday , every hour of my life. God can use what Satan meant for evil for His purpose.The scriptures in reference to Joesph is a perfect example. The Parable of the prodigal son, told by Jesus is another example. I do not believe in any of the pagan observations, at the same time I do believe in the Almighty Power of God and how He can turn them around for His purpose. We must admit that during this season the Name of Jesus is used more than any other time of the year.Allow the Lord to use us at this time to witness to friends, co-workers and family , tell them about the Wonderful Gift of God, His Son Jesus Christ.
Sometimes we are so busy condemming a situation instead of looking at the opportunity to Glorify the Lord.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must admit that during this season the Name of Jesus is used more than any other time of the year.

Sometimes we are so busy condemming a situation instead of looking at the opportunity to Glorify the Lord.

I never thought of that - yes, Jesus' Name is said more than any other time - you're right. :)

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sorry for being me in this view i have of you, if you read mark7;7,8,9 you will clearly see jesus talking about things that xmas can be fit into..knowing the truth behind the pagan idos that go with xmas ..why would you think you are any better off then any other person that does not believe in christ..when you show that you are a hipocrite in this area..you self addressed chistians have the nerve to say that you have the truth know the truth but teach lies and mis quide others..i wonder why you do this thing ,are you self rightous,are you hipocrites are you just blind to the snares of the evil one..you seem to run after justify and fight for this tradition that has nothing to do with god or christ,,but is of the world, is a tradition of man and you do not keep the command of god that is refered in the mark ..it is no wonder that many people do not want your relidgins....i am blunt and with bad spelling but the truth is the truth its not my truth as i see it .you study it you will see the truth of it..we are in fast moving times and its soon you better see the traps of the world and stand up for christ in real not fussy lies that predate the romans..

What view and of whom?

You're spelling is ok, we understand it, btw. :)

And, personally speaking - I absolutely do not believe I am better
than someone that does not believe in Christ.
We are all, each one of us, His.

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
What view and of whom?

tku for your reply,yes jesus is mentioned at xmas that is good..but it is used to mislead others into aworld of diception, lets go under the bridges where killers lurk druggs find there way,sex is unclean .then till me you are not a better person in gods eyes..lets go to irac and do the same..my point is that we are all sinners and have different levels or common practice of sin..so then your paganizum is the same as thos under the bridge,or killers in irac..as long as you feel equal i guess that is fine .your sin of faulse idoes and them drug dearlers have something in common you all are sinners and fall short of the glory of god.thank god for his son.

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
What view and of whom?

God does not view all people as being the same. That notion is not in Scripture.

If you think I am mistaken, then please cite the many Scruiptures which supposedly say that God thinks no men are ever better than others.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tku for your reply,yes jesus is mentioned at xmas that is good..but it is used to mislead others into aworld of diception, lets go under the bridges where killers lurk druggs find there way,sex is unclean .then till me you are not a better person in gods eyes..lets go to irac and do the same..

Ha ha! This is so funny! I just got off the phone with a friend for an hour - all we talked about was how God does not see a difference from a toothless homeless person's heart and a rich person's heart!! Ha.

It is the exquisite moment of a heart that turns to God that He waits for- -He doesn't care if that excited moment comes from a fat person or a thin person.
We also talked about how our personal interest is helping the homeless --aka - druggies under the bridge with mental problems often.

Are you kidding - I am the same exact person as the druggie under the bridge - except they may be closer to thankfulness and gratitude and may accept love from any direction more than me.

:)

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not view all people as being the same. That notion is not in Scripture.

If you think I am mistaken, then please cite the many Scruiptures which supposedly say that God thinks no men
are ever better than others.

Shelli, dear,
This will be the last and only post I will ever make to you - it is obvious that your agenda is to egg on each
and almost every post someone makes - LOL - I don't fall for such silly tricks of the devil to pull me away
from my peace I have in God.
I hope you someday find peace in your heart and not find sport in debating your brother's and sister's integrity
on picyune points, making them points of imaginery contention... wasting all of our precious time.
Take care,
:) Miss Hepburn

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007

Shelli, dear,
This will be the last and only post I will ever make to you - it is obvious that your agenda is to egg on each
and almost every post someone makes - LOL - I don't fall for such silly tricks of the devil to pull me away
from my peace I have in God.
I hope you someday find peace in your heart and not find sport in debating your brother's and sister's integrity
on picyune points, making them points of imaginery contention... wasting all of our precious time.
Take care,
:) Miss Hepburn

I am so sorry that such simple questions from me are aversive to your personal sensitivities.

Hopefully your strength and substance in Christ will grow beyond intuitive notions. Take care.