Metaphors in creation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Heart2Soul.

I would agree that (at least from God's perspective) Past, Present and Future co-exist. God can enter and exit into any part of it as He wishes. Angels too.

I believe you are also correct in that different Planes exist. I see them as boundaries...

Sea of Glass/Waters Above: Plane separating us from Higher Dimensions (Heaven)
Bottomless Pit/Waters Below: Plane separating us from Lower Dimensions (Hell)

Something like this...

full

In fact, these Boundaries were created in the very first verse of the Bible...

Genesis 1:1
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth"

In other words, God created the Higher Plane and the Lower Plane. That is why Earth is 'void', because it was just a Two Dimensional Bottomless Pit (Plane) at that point. No physical matter existed.

3D Earth and its oceans weren't created until verse ten...

Genesis 1:10
"And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good"

The ancients had a much better grasp of these concepts...

full

Sadly, the Modern Church has 'dumbed down' Genesis to the point where the average Christian is chasing their tails trying to understand it.

Anyhow, a great example of Time Travel in the Bible is John's experience in the Book of Revelation...

Revelation 4:1
"After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter"

That door is what physicist would call a Wormhole. It is a Portal into Time and the Multiverse.

Now add this...

Revelation 21:1
"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea"

The above verse is literally describing a Parallel Universe! What is fascinating is that John not only traveled to this Parallel Universe, but he also traveled back!

This teaches us that it is possible to travel between Parallel Universes as well as backwards and forwards in Time. At least with God's permission... lol.

The Bible is filled with these advanced concepts.
This could also explain Elijah being taken in a chariot (a time machine?)
Lately, I have come across many things, concepts, discoveries, etc...that is forcing me to get out of that "box" and start opening my mind to accept other ideas and possibilities.
For example...just last week I watched program where they have dug down into the earth deeper than any man has gone before...like 7 miles. And to their shock and surprise they have discovered life thriving in 300 degree temperatures.....this totally dispels the scientific evidence that for life to exist there must be air, water, food and a reasonable temperature. These living creatures had no air, temperatures that would fry any life on the surface instantly, and it is not yet known what they feed upon.....
Anyway, my point is I have to let go of what I have been taught to believe and expand my mind beyond the laws of physics. This is how Jesus was able to walk on water...He wasn't bound by scientific education of physics. He was on a whole different level of knowledge that we are just now getting to understand.
Maybe this is why God told me about past, present and future co-existing because He knew I wouldn't stop meditating on it until I understood it.

Reactions: Base12

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is an example of Time going backwards...

2 Kings 20:11
"And Isaiah the prophet cried unto the LORD: and he brought the shadow ten degrees backward, by which it had gone down in the dial of Ahaz"

In this next video, we see Superman reversing Time...

Oh wait... that was just a movie.

:p
Lol...funny

Reactions: Base12

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
metaphor
/ˈmɛtəfə,ˈmɛtəfɔː/
noun
  1. a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
    "when we speak of gene maps and gene mapping, we use a cartographic metaphor"
    synonyms: figure of speech, figurative expression, image, trope, allegory, parable, analogy, comparison, symbol, emblem, word painting, word picture;
    literaryconceit
    • a thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else.
      "the amounts of money being lost by the company were enough to make it a metaphor for an industry that was teetering"
To clarify with an example:
A simile is as follows. That fellow eats like a dog!
A metophor, saying the same thing is: That fellow is a dog in the way he eats!

Now, in the light of that, show me any actual metaphors in Genesis 1.