Millions of American Believers take Authority over Covid-19 Virus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore, Florida had the right idea: to give freedom to the general populace to work in the economy; but to place in ordinances to protect those with pre--existing conditions.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did you give the impression of it being "a brief moment" like a few seconds?

I'm not saying you are deliberately lying. I think your imagination runs riot with you sometimes. Let's suppose that number 0.058% is right. Do you think the other 99.942% who recovered also prayed and God healed them? Or did God heal you while most people recover without His help?

I most certainly believe that faith and prayer helps; this has been scientifically observed as a matter of fact.

Dodge, dodge, dodge.

How is my statement dodging the question?

I believe that it was an excellent answer to the question.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is my statement dodging the question?
You say less than 1% people die from this virus. Then when questioned about the 99% who don't, you say maybe someone prayed for them. "I most certainly believe that faith and prayer helps; this has been scientifically observed as a matter of fact."

Why did you enter this thread? GISMYS-7 thinks not enough people are praying -- you seem to think 99% might be recovering because of prayer.
And I also told you the reason why.
So do you or don't think you're doing greater works than Jesus?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did you enter this thread? GISMYS-7 thinks not enough people are praying -- you seem to think 99% might be recovering because of prayer.

Again, I am not @GISMYS_7.

So do you or don't think you're doing greater works than Jesus?

I may or may not be doing greater works. If I am, then it is because I believe in Him. If not, then I rest assured in the promise that I will do greater works in the future; because I know that I do believe in Him.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, I am not @GISMYS_7.
So why did you enter this thread criticizing people for not agreeing with GISMYS-7?

I see so much unbelief in the responses to @GISMYS_7's OP.

For those who have unbelief, the coronavirus will continue to impact them.

But for those who have faith, Psalms 91 will be in application.

I may or may not be doing greater works. If I am, then it is because I believe in Him. If not, then I rest assured in the promise that I will do greater works in the future; because I know that I do believe in Him.
See how you dodge? First you quoted Jesus saying his followers should do greater works as if anyone who doesn't say he can pray this virus away is not a good Christian. Now you can't say if you have or haven't. It's next to impossible to get a straightforward answer from you.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
2 Corinthians 5:1,9 KJV
For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. [9] Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
@Waiting on him What an assurance for those who in faith look to those things that truly endure! :)

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bottom-line= do we believe the Words of Jesus?
Luke 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.
34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why did you enter this thread criticizing people for not agreeing with GISMYS-7?

Criticizing people for not agreeing with him does not make me him.

See how you dodge? First you quoted Jesus saying his followers should do greater works as if anyone who doesn't say he can pray this virus away is not a good Christian. Now you can't say if you have or haven't. It's next to impossible to get a straightforward answer from you.

I most certainly didn't say that they're not a good Christian. Any Christian, good or bad, can take authority over this virus if they understand the principles of faith that govern binding and loosing sicknesses.

I'm sorry if you think that I am not giving straightforward answers. But really you are fitting more closely the stereotype of judgmental Christians than anything else.

If you are trying to pin something on me, don't expect me to want to make it easy for you to do that.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See how you are? You criticize other people for not agreeing with him; but you don't agree with him yourself. It doesn't make sense.
I think that you are just trying to give me a hard time. I agree with him to a certain extent.

I'm sure that if you think about it, you can figure out what the similarities and differences are between what the two of us are saying.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that you are just trying to give me a hard time. I agree with him to a certain extent.

I'm sure that if you think about it, you can figure out what the similarities and differences are between what the two of us are saying.
I see you as a critical person, willing to criticize others a little too fast when you're doing what you criticize them for.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see you as a critical person, willing to criticize others a little too fast when you're doing what you criticize them for.
I suppose that's fair.

I don't know how I'm being critical in particular; but if that is what you see in me then who am I to dispute it?

I'm always open to input as to how I have criticized others in the past.

I don't want to be overly critical; and therefore it might be helpful to me for you to show me examples of how I have been critical so that I can correct that kind of behaviour in the future.

Thanks in advance,

@justbyfaith

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it must be in response to what I posted here:

I don't see this as being overly critical; but I believe that it is an accurate assessment of what is going on.

Psalms 91 is a very excellent scripture concerning fear of dangers in this world; you would be wise to take it to heart.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would point out that Jesus upbraided the disciples for their unbelief and hardness of heart in Mark 16:14.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it must be in response to what I posted here:

I don't see this as being overly critical; but I believe that it is an accurate assessment of what is going on.

Psalms 91 is a very excellent scripture concerning fear of dangers in this world; you would be wise to take it to heart.
Yes, that is where I saw you attacking others.

My prayers lately haven't been about myself. This virus will continue to impact me as long as it is impacting other people. I pray for them. I pray for sinners to have angels visit them urging them to repent. I pray for angels to urge believers to become stronger. Some good can come out of the situation -- lasting good too.

I would point out that Jesus upbraided the disciples for their unbelief and hardness of heart in Mark 16:14.
That is a little different. He had told them he'd be returning, that he'd be resurrected. They didn't believe him, and they also didn't believe the women who had seen him. How much evidence did they need? GISMYS-7 has not performed miracles in front of us. Instead he blamed others for their lack of faith. His prayers to stop the virus didn't work, so he wanted other people to pray too.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No covid-19 deaths in our city
Asia Today: China marks month without any confirmed deaths

China has gone a month without announcing any new deaths from the coronavirus and has lessthan 100 patients in treatment for COVID-19.

The National Health Commission reported four new cases of the virus on Friday, all local infections in the northeastern province of Jilin where a cluster of uncertain origin was recently detected. The last day the commission reported a death was on April 14.

Just 91 people remain in treatment and 623 others are in isolation as suspected cases or for having tested positive without showing symptoms, including 11 newly detected.