Millions of American Believers take Authority over Covid-19 Virus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In context, v.16 applies to someone who has known God's name. And what is before that therefore applies also to all true Christians; for we understand that the name of God is Jesus Christ.
I know no such thing.

They have said that we are waging war against it.
People say all sorts of things. It doesn't make it true. Viruses don't go to war.
No, satan quoted it to Jesus. And he also omitted a portion of the verse in question.
Yes, you're right; but notice Jesus did not question the validity of the passage. I would also say angels did bear him up later.
As I said, I combine Psalms 91 with Psalms 103:1-3.
I do not think you qualify since you think "Jesus Christ" is God's name.
Go right ahead and let the virus kill you if that is what you want. It must be God's will.
I do not presume to tell God what His Will may be.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All who say they believe are not true believers. I would rather have one righteous saint praying for me than 1000 lukewarm people who call themselves Christians while worshipping the things of this world.

Proverbs 15:29 The Lord is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

1 Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

If something is truly God's Will, all He needs is one person to agree with Him on the earth.

USA has aprox 30 million "believers" why do they sit on their hands and do nothng?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
USA has aprox 30 million "believers" why do they sit on their hands and do nothng?
I wouldn't put the number that high, not at all. Nor would it do much good if the people who go to church prayed, since few are righteous.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did you give the impression of it being "a brief moment" like a few seconds?

I'm not saying you are deliberately lying. I think your imagination runs riot with you sometimes. Let's suppose that number 0.058% is right. Do you think the other 99.942% who recovered also prayed and God healed them? Or did God heal you while most people recover without His help?
I've got a 90 year old mother in law that recovered from it. Crazy thing is she doesn't believe there's a God.

Reactions: Giuliano

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalms 91 is scripture that is applicable to every believer...2 Timothy 3:16.

I am not @GISMYS_7. I have my own view on the matter; and Psalms 91 denotes my view.

Psalms 91 is for the body of Christ. Ten thousand shall fall at your right hand; but it shall not come near you. No plague shall come nigh thy dwelling. @Waiting on him, Jesus didn't have a dwelling, the Son of man had no place to lay His head.

I actually had it for a brief moment and overcame it by speaking a word, rebuking the disease as the Lord did to the fever in Peter's mother.

Psalms 103:1-3 is also a factor that can be combined with Psalms 91 to combat this virus and its fear.

Satan wants the body of Christ to cringe in fear...

But we do not have to cringe in fear against an enemy that we have victory over in the blood of the Lamb... for by His stripes we are healed.
Sorry your not the arbiter. You only think you are.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The devil wants to get the saints to cower in fear because of this thing.

In all reality it can only kill the unredeemed; unless the redeemed don't understand how to deal with it by rebuking it; as Jesus did to the fever that Peter's mother had before she got up and served them because He healed her.

We are to follow Jesus' example, we are to walk in His steps. Greater works shall we do if we believe in Him.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've got a 90 year old mother in law that recovered from it. Crazy thing is she doesn't believe there's a God.
There were probably believers standing in the gap for her. It's a good thing she didn't die...she would have gone straight to hell.

Also, time and chance happen to everything according to Ecclesiastes. But it is a scientifically observed fact that faith and prayer have a part in people getting better when they are sick.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There were probably believers standing in the gap for her. It's a good thing she didn't die...she would have gone straight to hell.

Also, time and chance happen to everything according to Ecclesiastes. But it is a scientifically observed fact that faith and prayer have a part in people getting better when they are sick.
As I said before, a constant message of rejection.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord says to me:

1Jo 4:4, Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1Jo 4:5, They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1Jo 4:6, We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are right, God is the Author of the prayer of faith. It is just one of the many gifts of the Spirit that too many in the Church believe ceased, making themselves powerless. He doesn't give these gifts to those who don't believe His Word about them - those will little faith. Anyway, I ONLY pray when directed by Him, and ONLY pray His Words to my spirit. It is then that the prayer is answered immediately. He has not told me anything about Covid-19.

Agree...Good answer , I would have said the very same...
Faith comes by HEARING.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The devil wants to get the saints to cower in fear because of this thing.

In all reality it can only kill the unredeemed; unless the redeemed don't understand how to deal with it by rebuking it; as Jesus did to the fever that Peter's mother had before she got up and served them because He healed her.

We are to follow Jesus' example, we are to walk in His steps. Greater works shall we do if we believe in Him.
Why don't you visit hospitals and get everyone healed?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you visit hospitals and get everyone healed?
I know people who do that as their ministry...but my ministry is more along the lines of planting seeds of God's word on the internet.

We are certainly able to bring healing to people in hospitals as a body...

I do know that those who offer this kind of ministry are for whatever reason sometimes not welcome to minister in hospitals.

But when you have the ability to do so, perhaps you should go and do that, if you have the gift of healing, that is.

It is a spiritual gift, after all, which I am not certain that I have to the extent that I could offer healing ministry in such a venue.

I have always said that I would rather see 5 people saved than 10,000 healed.

So I would much rather put my efforts of faith towards the former thing rather than the latter.

After all, when it is someone's time to go, that is God's will...o_O

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone once prophesied over me that my spiritual gift and position is to be a staff sergeant in the body of Christ.

So then, my position is to hand out weapons to servants of the Most High who are going out onto the front lines to battle.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know people who do that as their ministry...but my ministry is more along the lines of planting seeds of God's word on the internet.

We are certainly able to bring healing to people in hospitals as a body...

I do know that those who offer this kind of ministry are for whatever reason sometimes not welcome to minister in hospitals.

But when you have the ability to do so, perhaps you should go and do that, if you have the gift of healing, that is.

It is a spiritual gift, after all, which I am not certain that I have to the extent that I could offer healing ministry in such a venue.

I have always said that I would rather see 5 people saved than 10,000 healed.

So I would much rather put my efforts of faith towards the former thing rather than the latter.

After all, when it is someone's time to go, that is God's will...o_O
You're the one who said Christians should do greater works than Jesus did. Now you're saying you don't do healings.

It seems few people notice this. Jesus did not go to hospitals or seek out sick people to heal. He healed people when they came to him -- or when friends or family close to a sick person came on their behalf. Sometimes he even insisted on getting people's permission before he healed them or cast out demons. Jesus did not violate the free will of other people.

Reactions: Helen

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The virus is not a hoax, however, the media is exploiting the facts concerning it....
What I try to consider is how the numbers compare to past years....this report from the Explore Health gives a report but it is old...march 26.....however it has some good information in it. And it claims the Covid-19 is deadlier but that is a projection....the numbers aren't all in yet...

What we, as Christians, should be doing is praying and asking God to intervene....the prayers of the righteous availeth much...let's all pray!

This Is How Many People Die From the Flu Each Year
The official toll of the 2019-2020 influenza season won't be known for months—not that anyone is really fretting about that right now. Worries over the novel coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, have eclipsed many people's concerns about coming down with a case of the flu.

Not that you ought to take influenza lightly. Flu season in the US, which runs from October through May, claims tens of thousands of lives every year. This season CDC estimates that, as of mid-March, between 29,000 and 59,000 have died due to influenza illnesses. Add to that the misery of hundreds of thousands of flu-related hospitalizations and millions of medical visits for flu symptoms this season.

So while the flu has long been considered a dangerous seasonal scourge, new data on the COVID-19 epidemic underscore a frightening fact: COVID-19 is even deadlier.

RELATED: Influenza B Is Dominating This Year's Flu Season. Here's What You Need to Know

This year's flu season is shaping up to be possibly less severe than the 2017-2018 season, when 61,000 deaths were linked to the virus. However, it could equal or surpass the 2018-2019 season's 34,200 flu-related deaths.

Overall, the CDC estimates that 12,000 and 61,000 deaths annually since 2010 can be blamed on the flu. Globally, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that the flu kills 290,000 to 650,000 people per year.

The annual death rate depends on the specific strain of the virus that is dominant, how well the vaccine is working to protect against that strain, and how many people got vaccinated, according to Dr. Adalja. The flu can be harder to fight off for specific populations, such as infants and young children, the elderly, and people who are immunocompromised due to chronic illnesses such as HIV or cancer.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 5:1,9 KJV
For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. [9] Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not that that the coronavirus is more deadly than the flu; it is that it is more contagious; because a person can spread the virus without even knowing that they have it; and that this is how it is most often spread.

Thus, more people are likely to get the coronavirus in any given period.

However, it is only deadly, for the most part, to people with pre-existing conditions.

Reactions: Helen