Miracles, Signs and Wonders

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all due respect, you have no proof that they are NOT about today. And from what I have read about the New Testament Church the idea of "miracles workers" would be a foreign concept to them. The only miracle worker they acknowledged was God himself as in "Silver and gold I have none, but what I do have I will give you. IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, rise up and walk."
Unbelievers will not be given proof to satisfy their carnal minds. It says so in scripture...why are YOU asking for proof? aren't you a believer?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My neighbor got slain in the Spirit in a non-believing Baptist church where she and her were members. They asked her not to come back.
Yes, there is always that. I guess nearly every group has it limits, but some of them have no tolerance for even the slightest variation from their particular set of limits. When it comes to speaking in tongues or dancing in the Spirit or running around the sanctuary or being slain in the Spirit, some places have no tolerance whatsoever. I am too physically unsteady and short of breath to do much of that any more, but if God presses me I still dance in the Spirit. I have visited churches where I knew these things were not tolerated and I restrained myself, but I could never regularly attend a place where I would have to quench the Holy Spirit in me every time I passed through their door. In order to grow, I believe, it is necessary to open up my heart to God and sometimes He wants me to dance.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh answering a question with a question......well since that's your answer it's not going to be much of a discussion.
God Bless
I just find it odd people needing proof, upon my receiving the Gospel, I didn’t speak any strange language or really feel anything other than convicted. I didn’t witness any signs or miraculous happenings other that Christ’s forgiveness.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I’m actually concerned for them that they are accrediting works to the Holy Spirit that are not, to me this is blasphemous.
@Waiting on him When I heard of big meetings, soothing music, appeals for ppl to walk forward/sign a dotted line...and then this is attributed as "blessing" supposedly from the Holy Spirit, I am frankly sceptical. We should wait for the Lord to use His Word by His Spirit in His own good time, and look for the fruit of the Spirit, as Galatians describes.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth is signs and miracles kinda botch the whole gospel, as why would we need faith if we see these things with our eyes.

Reactions: farouk

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must have gotten a good report?

From the hospital? One of the three arteries to the heart was blocked so they put in a stint. Unfortunately, it didn't fix my problem of running out of breath, but I needed the stint anyway, so thats a plus. Next will be to a pulmonary doctor.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, there is always that. I guess nearly every group has it limits, but some of them have no tolerance for even the slightest variation from their particular set of limits. When it comes to speaking in tongues or dancing in the Spirit or running around the sanctuary or being slain in the Spirit, some places have no tolerance whatsoever. I am too physically unsteady and short of breath to do much of that any more, but if God presses me I still dance in the Spirit. I have visited churches where I knew these things were not tolerated and I restrained myself, but I could never regularly attend a place where I would have to quench the Holy Spirit in me every time I passed through their door. In order to grow, I believe, it is necessary to open up my heart to God and sometimes He wants me to dance.

She was out like a light for 45 minutes, and experienced a dramatic healing.

Reactions: amadeus

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the hospital? One of the three arteries to the heart was blocked so they put in a stint. Unfortunately, it didn't fix my problem of running out of breath, but I needed the stint anyway, so thats a plus. Next will be to a pulmonary doctor.
Good to hear. I had one popped in about four months ago, it was really weird when he got the Cath in around one of the valves my heart started fluttering like crazy. I figured that was the procedure you were having done and knew you’d be ok.