Miracles, Signs and Wonders

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mean to me personally? No.

In fact, it was my new age nonsense that was producing material effects. But in my conversion to Christianity, it was all about realizing what was true, based on the Words from the Book.

Much love!
Amen!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mean to me personally? No.

In fact, it was my new age nonsense that was producing material effects. But in my conversion to Christianity, it was all about realizing what was true, based on the Words from the Book.

Much love!
I guess the saying would come to pass the gentile receives knowledge.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the difference between gifts of the Spirit for edifying the church, and signs and wonders for making the Gospel known.

I still say that the whole "signs and wonders" question is answerable with simple observation. I'm not seeing any. I don't just mean in my locale, but modern internet, everybody with their smart phone tracker/indoctrinators taking video of every last little thing? Where exactly are these signs and wonders?

Much love!
There are many miracles happening all over the world....one that really has my mind blown is a bible that keeps producing it's own oil....anointing oil I assume...not Crisco...haha.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes! Thank you!

Perfect example! Paul is mentioning his speaking in tongues in a teaching moment. When there is a context in edifying someone, absolutely!

Much love!

You know me, I'm always teaching, whether it is accepted or not.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many miracles happening all over the world....one that really has my mind blown is a bible that keeps producing it's own oil....anointing oil I assume...not Crisco...haha.

consider 1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
consider 1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

James 5:14
Is anyone among you sick? Then he must call for the elders of the church and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord;

Mark 6:13
And they were casting out many demons and were anointing with oil many sick people and healing them.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I think of as the signs and wonders are when Jesus or Peter or whomever would heal thousands in one day. Peter walking down the street, everyone healed under his shadow, like that.

Much love!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the difference between gifts of the Spirit for edifying the church, and signs and wonders for making the Gospel known.

I still say that the whole "signs and wonders" question is answerable with simple observation. I'm not seeing any. I don't just mean in my locale, but modern internet, everybody with their smart phone tracker/indoctrinators taking video of every last little thing? Where exactly are these signs and wonders?

Much love!

Don't just observe. Activate your own faith. Here is a pastor I know in town.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't just observe. Activate your own faith. Here is a pastor I know in town.
I'm talking about signs and wonders, like, Peter healing everyone falling under his shadow . . . this kind of thing happening today would not be unknown.

When the lying signs and wonders come, the world will see the real meaning of "going viral" I think!

Much love!

Reactions: Waiting on him

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm talking about signs and wonders, like, Peter healing everyone falling under his shadow . . . this kind of thing happening today would not be unknown.

When the lying signs and wonders come, the world will see the real meaning of "going viral" I think!

Much love!

That would be great. I know John G. Lake cleared out some hospitals but not with just his shadow, but through prayer.

Speaking of hospitals, I'm going in one tomorrow for an invasive test on my heart. I meant to write a will today, but forgot. Time just got away for me, and it is now too late. If you don't hear from me again, I'll see you in heaven.

What I find puzzling, are the number of people that healed the sick and yet died themselves of a heart attack or something, like Kathryn Kuhlman, and other famous ones. That doesn't mean they were fakes, anymore than the apostles who were killed and didn't continue to receive God's protection. Speaking of the power of shadows, when Kathryn would have to walk through the kitchen to get to the stage, the kitchen workers kept getting knocked down by the power off her. I guess you would call that being slain in the Spirit. I've never experienced that. And wouldn't just fall down as I suspect some do. I remember a Jewish man (non-believer) that was coerced into going to a meeting, and went back stage to meet her and as soon as he stepped foot in her dressing room fell down flat, so being slain in the Spirit is legit, and he became a Christian that night and wound up at my church.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be great. I know John G. Lake cleared out some hospitals but not with just his shadow, but through prayer.

Speaking of hospitals, I'm going in one tomorrow for an invasive test on my heart. I meant to write a will today, but forgot. Time just got away for me, and it is now too late. If you don't hear from me again, I'll see you in heaven.

What I find puzzling, are the number of people that healed the sick and yet died themselves of a heart attack or something, like Kathryn Kuhlman, and other famous ones. That doesn't mean they were fakes, anymore than the apostles who were killed and didn't continue to receive God's protection. Speaking of the power of shadows, when Kathryn would have to walk through the kitchen to get to the stage, the kitchen workers kept getting knocked down by the power off her. I guess you would call that being slain in the Spirit. I've never experienced that. And wouldn't just fall down as I suspect some do. I remember a Jewish man (non-believer) that was coerced into going to a meeting, and went back stage to meet her and as soon as he stepped foot in her dressing room fell down flat, so being slain in the Spirit is legit, and he became a Christian that night and wound up at my church.
Praying for you.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you have seen healing miracles in answer to prayer, then that is perfectly correct and in accordance with the fact that God has not stopped His direct healing miracles. They probably occur daily.

But we are talking about miracle workers within the churches. Where are all the miracle workers who should be in the hospitals clearing out the patients? Do you have any news items which speak about this?

"Many years ago, Oral Roberts came to our city with his “miracle working” campaign. We ran a newspaper advertisement offering a $1,000 reward for medical proof of a single miracle. Roberts never sought to claim the reward. He subsequently went back to Tulsa and established a hospital in which to treat the sick!"
Modern Miracles-True or False?

Your post did not make this clear. Anyway, I will comment on it to make sure people do not get the wrong idea. In the New Testament Church, miracles did not happen in "churches." They happened in the street or in homes. So, miracle workers in churches was an unknown concept. Miracles happened because a believer was available to pray for a person so there were plenty of people that were not healed because the two did not connect.

If you think about it, the best place for them to happen is in the market place as you will have an unbiased audience that can prove it was a genuine miracle. Like the man who was blind but now could see because of a miracle and the Sanhedrin disputed it, his reply was "Once I was blind but now I can see." End of story. The proof of the pudding was in the eating.

Most of the time we do not get involved in the miraculous because we are afraid that we will pray but nothing will happen. When I have been used by God in this regard, I have tended to approach it from the point of view of nothing ventured nothing gained. If it doesn't work it doesn't work so what? And next time is another day. If you don't believe in your ability to trust God don't let that stop God having faith in your ability to trust him.

And one final thing. Having the faith to believe for miracles does not mean that you have to run a miracle workshop so that all and sundry can line up and get their dose of spiritual medicine. Success is more likely if you hear God's voice say "pray for that person."

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
n the New Testament Church, miracles did not happen in "churches."
That was not the point. Miracle workers came from churches. They were Christians with spiritual gifts but they were also a part of the church in their city. No matter where they went and how they accomplished miracles. But you have failed to prove that miracle workers are out and about today. Like this:

ACTS 3: PETER HEALS
6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
7 And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.
8 And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.
9And all the people saw him walking and praising God:

1. This man was not expecting to be healed.
2. This man had no faith in Christ.
3. Peter was not planning to heal.
4. But Peter saw the need and commanded healing.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Enoch 111 said The history of the Church shows that sign gifts passed with the passing of the apostles. But there are many other spiritual gifts that are necessary today, and they are still in force. Paul says that greatest gift is AGAPE love (charity), and without that gift the sign gifts are no little value.

This comment takes things out of context and gives the wrong idea.

ONE. There is no evidence of the sign gifts passing with the passing of the apostles. Where they were truncated or bypassed was more to do with a church that replaced function with form. Function meant that God was in charge and therefore could be active in a miracle ministry and form means that man was in charge and could add or remove anything they didn't like or want.

TWO. The comment that the sign gifts are of little value if the gift of love is not present is wrong as well. When you are praying for someone for a miracle, you do not stop and think "am I loving this person sufficiently to have the right to pray for them?" What is important with the sign gifts is obedience. If you are called upon by God to operate in a sign gift all that is needed is for you to obey the Lord and do what he says to do.

THREE. I remember the first time I prayed for a young man who was homosexual and didn't want to be. I had no idea what to do. The Lord said to speak scripture to him so I did. Then I asked him if he was quite sure he didn't want to be homosexual. He said he was quite sure. So I told him to relax and I would pray. I laid hands on him and cast out a spirit of homosexuality. He gave out a loud yell and slumped onto the ground and burst into tears.

When he finally recovered he had a look on his face that said he was the happiest man alive.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That was not the point. Miracle workers came from churches. They were Christians with spiritual gifts but they were also a part of the church in their city. No matter where they went and how they accomplished miracles. But you have failed to prove that miracle workers are out and about today. Like this:

ACTS 3: PETER HEALS
6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
7 And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.
8 And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.
9And all the people saw him walking and praising God:

1. This man was not expecting to be healed.
2. This man had no faith in Christ.
3. Peter was not planning to heal.
4. But Peter saw the need and commanded healing.

With all due respect, you have no proof that they are NOT about today. And from what I have read about the New Testament Church the idea of "miracles workers" would be a foreign concept to them. The only miracle worker they acknowledged was God himself as in "Silver and gold I have none, but what I do have I will give you. IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, rise up and walk."

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only just saw this. I am praying now for you and your situation in God. He is able in every situation according to His will.

What I find puzzling, are the number of people that healed the sick and yet died themselves of a heart attack or something, like Kathryn Kuhlman, and other famous ones. That doesn't mean they were fakes, anymore than the apostles who were killed and didn't continue to receive God's protection. Speaking of the power of shadows, when Kathryn would have to walk through the kitchen to get to the stage, the kitchen workers kept getting knocked down by the power off her.
I break in here because your mention of Kathryn Kuhlman reminds me again of our lost member here @Willie T He did not dwell on it but he did mention that she, Kathryn Kuhlman, was his natural aunt. He remembered her from when he was a child. Now both of them are gone. As to their dying in spite of their walk with God, that is also part of God's plan. It does not mean that they were not His children walking with Him.

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" Heb 9:27

At the time appointed by God our bodies of flesh will also die!

I guess you would call that being slain in the Spirit. I've never experienced that. And wouldn't just fall down as I suspect some do. I remember a Jewish man (non-believer) that was coerced into going to a meeting, and went back stage to meet her and as soon as he stepped foot in her dressing room fell down flat, so being slain in the Spirit is legit, and he became a Christian that night and wound up at my church.
Neither have I been so slain in the Spirit, but I have also witnessed it in others, who were certainly in the Spirit, the Holy Spirit, that is. There are unfortunately also likely some who were playing games with people and worse... with God.

Reactions: Waiting on him

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I only just saw this. I am praying now for you and your situation in God. He is able in every situation according to His will.

I break in here because your mention of Kathryn Kuhlman reminds me again of our lost member here @Willie T He did not dwell on it but he did mention that she, Kathryn Kuhlman, was his natural aunt. He remembered her from when he was a child. Now both of them are gone. As to their dying in spite of their walk with God, that is also part of God's plan. It does not mean that they were not His children walking with Him.

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:" Heb 9:27

At the time appointed by God our bodies of flesh will also die!

Neither have I been so slain in the Spirit, but I have also witnessed it in others, who were certainly in the Spirit, the Holy Spirit, that is. There are unfortunately also likely some who were playing games with people and worse... with God.

My neighbor got slain in the Spirit in a non-believing Baptist church where she and her were members. They asked her not to come back.

Reactions: amadeus