Misery and Boredom.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It’s raining, it’s cold, and it’s the middle of winter. School's closed so most of my work as a bus driver has vaporised in a couple of Covid 19 government restrictions. No-one is allowed outside the house after 8pm. I need a passport and a special visa almost to travel outside 4 miles or 5 kilometers from my home. The only justifiable reason for leaving home at all is to go shopping for essential food... Exercise for a limit of an hour... Get medical aid... Or work. But work is severely limited to a select few essential services.
I haven't seen my grandkids more than twice in 6 months. And they live less than an hour away. It is very tempting to get depressed and bored. To be miserable, frustrated, angry, and many are. The suicide rates in Australia and the calls to mental health counselers are off the charts.
But I have a home. Not everyone has one. Many have been made homeless as a result of these restrictions. I have an income. Some have lost their jobs altogether. I have food in the cupboard and in the refrigerator. Many are relying solely on food banks. Friends of mine run a food bank here in Melbourne and they are providing over 2000 cooked meals a week to homeless and others in need. And they are but one provider among many. I realise how very well off I am.
The old misery guts that was attempting to masquerade as me relented and relinquished sovereignty to my usual self who once again had hope!
As we look around us at the declining moral standards,the worldliness, the rampant divorce rates, (and that’s just in the church),and the crime, depravity and violence that pervades the world around us; when our personal lives are filled with health problems, marital stress, work related issues and financial woes, it is oh so tempting to allow ourselves to turn into miserable unbearable depressing sad-sacks that make everyone else’s lives as miserable as we think our own is, but we needn’t go there. Our time here is so very short. We have eternity to look forward to in which dwells righteousness and peace in the very presence of our Holy and loving Creator. We will stand before the very throne of God and sit at the feet of Jesus and look into the face of our Saviour in person. He personally will wipe away every tear, and make all the difficulties we are going through here a distant memory.
There is our hope.
Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.

A sure blessed hope of a resurrection with new bodies that will never die, never get sick, never grow weak. A Father who owns the entire universe at last able to dote on His children in person, never again to allow them to suffer pain or heartache or sorrow.
Ro 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Ro 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
Ro 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

What a hope. So at times when this life is beginning to get you down, times when the days here seem nothing but misery and heartache, look up, because Jesus is coming soon!

Ro 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Amen.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ro 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

Ro 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Two wonderful verses. I've been reminded lately that our strength is found only in Him. It's great having friends; people you can talk to, to share your thoughts with, and the things you are going through in life, and help you heal from the things the enemy puts you through. These are not to be devalued as they are important roles that we are commanded of the Lord to play in each other's lives to build one another up in the things of the Spirit.

But ultimately, we must all lean on the Lord Himself. Even the best marriages can fail of they don't do this; even the best friendships. But when the God of hope fills you with all joy and peace, it answers every problem, heals every wound, and empowers you to put every enemy under your feet, including boredom and depression.

I'm no stranger to either, but the more I keep building my life around Him, the more I see answers to every problem I've ever had.

God bless,
Good post.
- C

Last edited:
Reactions: Debp and Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Had a bit of a storm last night. Lasted about an hour and knocked trees down everywhere. Sadly 3 people killed by fallen branches. Power was just turned back on after 26 hours. No wifi. Praise God for Noah's flood... We had gas. All this on top of curfews and lockdowns and masks etc etc etc. Oh poor me.
Yeah, right. And there's thousands of people who just lost their homes in Louisiana. Many died. I have never in all my life experienced a disaster of such magnitude. In fact, the closest I've been to a disaster was having smoke wafting gently over my house from 120 miles away during the Victorian fires last summer.
My heart goes out to those presently suffering in the States. Not only from the storm. But those who have lost businesses and income and loved ones due to insane off the charts rioting and political ideology that refuses to protect the innocent.
I have nothing to complain about.