Missing from bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the exclusive thing is what causes the problems. the idea that people are punished in hell because of where they are born is pretty bad.
Um . . . that's not the reason, so, you are arguing against a false position. The Bible says that God picked out when and where everyone would live to give them the greatest opportunity to find Him, and even as much as said no one would have to look very far.

So, actually, what the Bible teaches is opposite of what you seem to think it says.

Much love!

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Um . . . that's not the reason, so, you are arguing against a false position. The Bible says that God picked out when and where everyone would live to give them the greatest opportunity to find Him, and even as much as said no one would have to look very far.

So, actually, what the Bible teaches is opposite of what you seem to think it says.

Much love!

the bible says the nations are under the covenant of Noah.

your saying no one can find the Father unless they call them self Christian. Jesus said anyone that seeks the Father will find the Father. the bible even gives examples, Naaman served the Father and there was no conversion.
the idea that Christians are the only one that have ever seeked out the one that created all things is absurd. Paul teaches all things are created through the perfect image, this idea came from Greek mystery schools 100s of years before Paul.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
why are some things missing from the bible such as chakras, energy fields, sound, frequencies,pineal gland and things of this nature? and if not missing where are they.

i think there are many truths in the eastern beliefs. these people know all about these things in their belief system yet in the west our bible says nothing of these things. when i mention these things to other Christians they think i am crazy and call this devils work. Tibetan Buddhist devote majority of their lives to spirituality and yet most western main stream Christians spend less than one day a week, with most of our focus on our job, our money, shopping and television. this makes no sense to me.
there are a few cryptic comments in the Bible on "the East," but it is hard to form them into any kind of commentary, seems like. However, we are told to investigate the stuff you mention at first there imo, a couple diff ways i guess?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Agree. Christianity exclusively offers the way to God. Jesus said He is THE way, not A way. No one comes to the Father but by Him. That’s pretty clear. And all who choose Jesus—THE WAY—will be saved.
ah, so Yah is a respecter of persons after all, huh
you're going to feel really bad when you learn who Esau is, ok?
meaning you might temper your statements a little bit
being as how you are so lost i mean

Reactions: amadeus

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You're not speaking the truth, bb! I AM SAVED! I gave my heart and life to the Lord Jesus Christ in September of 1977! He forgave me, cleansed me, transferred me from the kingdom of darkness into His GLORIOUS kingdom! PTL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't say that God is a respecter of persons. I said, "And all who choose Jesus—THE WAY—will be saved."

ALL means ALL! All who choose Him will be saved!

God bless you, bb!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and "through" Jesus means what?
a Hindu can follow the example of Jesus everyday throughout his life but its all for nothing because he calls himself Hindu and not Christian?
A Hindu can try to follow what Jesus said, but this doesn't save him.

Becoming a Christian isn't just a matter of acting a certain way or changing our behavior. WE are changed--WHO WE ARE--our very nature is transformed when we come to Jesus for salvation and believe in Him!

We, who were spiritually dead (because of the death that the first Adam brought into
the world) ARE MADE ALIVE IN CHRIST! We are born again by the renewal of the Holy Spirit. At this point, we become a NEW CREATION IN CHRIST JESUS! We are transferred from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of Jesus Christ!

No mere "religion" can offer this transformation.
Only Jesus Christ does this for ALL who come to Him for salvation!

Col 2:13-14--And when you were dead in trespasses and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive with Him and forgave us all our trespasses. He erased the certificate of debt, with its obligations, that was against us and opposed to us, and has taken it out of the way by nailing it to the cross.

Titus 3:5--...he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,....

2 Cor 5:16-18--From now on, then, we do not know anyone in a purely human way. Even if we have known Christ in a purely human way, yet now we no longer know Him in this way. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, and look, new things have come. Everything is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:

Reactions: amigo de christo

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is missing from the Bible? Simple. Our understanding of the Bible?

Oh, but how we like to rabbit on about that topic, because everybody is right in their own mind on that topic.

"rabbit on" is a great phrase...

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the bible says the nations are under the covenant of Noah.

your saying no one can find the Father unless they call them self Christian. Jesus said anyone that seeks the Father will find the Father. the bible even gives examples, Naaman served the Father and there was no conversion.
the idea that Christians are the only one that have ever seeked out the one that created all things is absurd. Paul teaches all things are created through the perfect image, this idea came from Greek mystery schools 100s of years before Paul.

But Christians are the only ones who have found the One who created all things. People can search and find all kinds of deities, but there is only one true God. The very first of the Ten Commandments: You shall have no other Gods but me. The second: You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.

Romans 1:18-23 explains false religions perfectly...

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of people who suppress the truth by their unrighteousness, because what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world his invisible attributes—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, because they are understood through what has been made. So people are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not glorify him as God or give him thanks, but they became futile in their thoughts and their senseless hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for an image resembling mortal human beings or birds or four-footed animals or reptiles.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seemingly there has always been someone striving to encounter or follow God. Has God changed in the respect He has had for what was or was not in a person's heart? Consider:

"And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD." Gen 4:26

Then in spite of that we read this:

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."Acts 4:12

People suppose that the name of this last verse must be "Jesus". If it is, then what was the name in the time of Seth and Enos?

Has God, who has never changes, as it is written, then at some point changed His name?

"For I am the LORD, I change not..." Mal 3:6

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
You're not speaking the truth, bb! I AM SAVED! I gave my heart and life to the Lord Jesus Christ in September of 1977! He forgave me, cleansed me, transferred me from the kingdom of darkness into His GLORIOUS kingdom! PTL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't say that God is a respecter of persons. I said, "And all who choose Jesus—THE WAY—will be saved."

ALL means ALL! All who choose Him will be saved!

God bless you, bb!
ok then, best of luck to you ok

that got you all the way in to the cult of Sol, but youll figure that out for yourself i guess

Last edited:
Reactions: Prayer Warrior

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Hindu can try to follow what Jesus said, but this doesn't save him.

Becoming a Christian isn't just a matter of acting a certain way or changing our behavior. WE are changed--WHO WE ARE--our very nature is transformed when we come to Jesus for salvation and believe in Him!

We, who were spiritually dead (because of the death that the first Adam brought into
the world) ARE MADE ALIVE IN CHRIST! We are born again by the renewal of the Holy Spirit. At this point, we become a NEW CREATION IN CHRIST JESUS! We are transferred from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of Jesus Christ!

No mere "religion" can offer this transformation.
Only Jesus Christ does this for ALL who come to Him for salvation!

Col 2:13-14--And when you were dead in trespasses and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive with Him and forgave us all our trespasses. He erased the certificate of debt, with its obligations, that was against us and opposed to us, and has taken it out of the way by nailing it to the cross.

Titus 3:5--...he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,....

2 Cor 5:16-18--From now on, then, we do not know anyone in a purely human way. Even if we have known Christ in a purely human way, yet now we no longer know Him in this way. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away, and look, new things have come. Everything is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:
Sound it OUT dear sister . Thats right . ONLY JESUS saves . PRAISE THE GLORIOUS KING JESUS .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree. Christianity exclusively offers the way to God. Jesus said He is THE way, not A way. No one comes to the Father but by Him. That’s pretty clear. And all who choose Jesus—THE WAY—will be saved.
Praise the glorious LORD . That is right my dear sister . ONLY JESUS saves . ALL other ways , all other religions are but winds of vanity .
Sound it out sister . JESUS ONLY .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a Hindu can follow the example of Jesus everyday throughout his life but its all for nothing because he calls himself Hindu and not Christian?
Yep . its all in vain . The one , the ONLY , the true and the pure gosple . SAYS SO .
Ye must confess JESUS in order to be saved . All other paths and all the works in the world , wont save a soul . FAITH IN JESUS .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
hose puckey, lol
you professors dont have a clue, sorry

go, and do likewise
I have not seen such faith in anyone of Israel

see, you just been paying people to tell you what you want to hear

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Seemingly there has always been someone striving to encounter or follow God. Has God changed in the respect He has had for what was or was not in a person's heart? Consider:

"And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD." Gen 4:26

Then in spite of that we read this:

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."Acts 4:12

People suppose that the name of this last verse must be "Jesus". If it is, then what was the name in the time of Seth and Enos?

Has God, who has never changes, as it is written, then at some point changed His name?

"For I am the LORD, I change not..." Mal 3:6
ya, ppl seem determined to worship our High Priest...think im done talking at cult of Sol ppl, for now anyway

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ya, ppl seem determined to worship our High Priest...think im done talking at cult of Sol ppl, for now anyway
Very simply, Jesus, means 'Jehovah is salvation'. People too often [very often?] do not recognize what it means to call on His name or to be "In" His name. They are taught and/or presume that speaking the word, "Jesus", or being baptized in water while someone speaks that name accomplishes all that is needed. A better picture is seen in this verse:

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matt 18:20

How many are seeing the picture?

Also the meaning of being in the name is often [very often?] missed. Who is or has ever been IN his name? Lots of gatherings of physical people supposedly to worship God, but how many are thinking about dinner after church or a football game or a round of golf even while the preacher is spouting? Were King David and the prophet Daniel and Moses ever in the Spirit and thereby in the name? I do believe so!

Also a person can certainly speak the word, Jesus, without being in the real Spirit of God or... Consider those who call out the very word [name], Jesus effectively as a cuss word... hmmm? Saying the word, Jesus, is not equal to being in the name.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Jim B

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Very simply, Jesus, means 'Jehovah is salvation'. People too often [very often?] do not recognize what it means to call on His name or to be "In" His name. They are taught and/or presume that speaking the word, "Jesus", or being baptized in water while someone speaks that name accomplishes all that is needed. A better picture is seen in this verse:

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matt 18:20

How many are seeing the picture?

Also the meaning of being in the name is often [very often?] missed. Who is or has ever been IN his name? Lots of gatherings of physical people supposedly to worship God, but how many are thinking about dinner after church or a football game or a round of golf even while the preacher is spouting? Were King David and the prophet Daniel and Moses ever in the Spirit and thereby in the name? I do believe so!

Also a person can certainly speak the word, Jesus, without being in the real Spirit of God or... Consider those who call out the very word [name], Jesus effectively as a cuss word... hmmm? Saying the word, Jesus, is not equal to being in the name.
seems like we come to an understanding that the counterfeit comes first, but i guess its hard to imagine that applying to our initial experience?
what did you go out into the wilderness to see?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
as if, huh? how do we get this so wrong? Imo it is bc Death More Abundantly has been made the goal, and "Jesus" has been shoe-horned into a role...apparently exactly as planned

Yep . its all in vain . The one , the ONLY , the true and the pure gosple . SAYS SO .
Ye must confess JESUS in order to be saved . All other paths and all the works in the world , wont save a soul . FAITH IN JESUS .
id say you might at least consider the possibility that one might "confess Jesus" without ever actually saying the name "Jesus," despite our common rendering of those vv, that "says so." Which i know sounds maybe off or sacrilegious or something, but Many will cry "Lord, Lord," right