Missing from bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
why are some things missing from the bible such as chakras, energy fields, sound, frequencies,pineal gland and things of this nature? and if not missing where are they.

i think there are many truths in the eastern beliefs. these people know all about these things in their belief system yet in the west our bible says nothing of these things. when i mention these things to other Christians they think i am crazy and call this devils work. Tibetan Buddhist devote majority of their lives to spirituality and yet most western main stream Christians spend less than one day a week, with most of our focus on our job, our money, shopping and television. this makes no sense to me.

It is irrelevant how much time Buddhists devote themselves to spirituality. Until they acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord and they don't, all their spirituality is a waste of time.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i been a Christian since i was a teen, so about 25 yrs maybe. i dont follow how that would affect the answer. is the answer different for a Christian of one year as apposed to a Christian of 50 years?
It should make a difference as a person who has been a Christian for 50 years should know a lot more than a person who has been a Christian for one year.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"Just stick to the Bible as its written and presented"

lets start with this point. there must 50 or more versions of the bible and they all vary, which one is correct? in many of these bible we have examples of words being added and removed. how much has mankind added and removed from our Lords word? we have in the bible warnings to those that would change the words but all the different bible prove mankind is fully capable of changing the words.
i see many Christians put so much faith in books that are "canon" and the counsels of men that decide whats considered canon. the counsels that decide whats part of the canon are they not the same counsels that said the world was flat, we could buy people out of purgatory, that falsely accused people of crimes, had them murdered and confiscated their wealth or kept common people from reading a bible for over one thousand years?
im not sure i would put such faith in counsels that have proven time and again they are corrupt..

Which one is correct? That is simple. The one you are reading. It does not say that the bible will lead you into all truth. It says the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth. Whatever version you are reading, if the Holy Spirit is not leading you into the truth, you are wasting your time.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The different Bible versions don't vary that much in meaning. The words may vary quite legitimately because they are all translations - and there is often more than one correct way of translating a sentence from one language into another.

And no, they were not the same councils. I'm not aware that any council declared the world to be flat (that was just a widespread belief in the Middle Ages), or that common people should not be allowed to read a Bible. Most church traditions established themselves without any help from councils.
Actually, it was Christians that denied the world was flat. It was the unbelievers who had the idea of a flat earth.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i dont mean to suggest the bible we know is wrong. the fundamentals are the same in most the bibles, dont steal, murder, Father sent Jesus, etc. but there are many things that seem to be missing, the fallen ones from gen, when Jesus said we could move a mountain, when our Lord stopped the sun, when Elisha was able to watch his servant with namaan from a far, when the bones of Elijah brought the dead body back to life. i think all these things happened , not metaphors, not fairy tail hyperbole but 100 percent real. i would like to know how.
Where is gen?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible we know today is twofold, it is a history book and it is a myopic into the nature of God. From your post here it would suggest that you think it is a book of rules, and from that perspective you can not be further from the truth. The Bible is a collective of different God inspired authors from different times in the two covenants God provided to man. The first one, the Old Covenant, was for Israel and its descendants. The second one is for all of mankind and perfects what the first one tried to do. Like any tome of its size, the Bible does not have one single style of literature. It is a combination of literal, metaphorical, hyperbole, parabolic and prophetic style. The style can be garnered from the context of what is read. In your case you seem to feel that none of this is applicable to the Bible and you say it is all 100% real. Yes of course it is 100% real, and inspired / breathed of God, but it contains all those other styles and allegories. You must understand what parables are designed to do, and not label them as fairy tales just because they don't necessarily depict something that actually happened in time.
I don't know why the account of God in scripture is shortsighted.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
they didnt go to India to rule as Christians yet they tell the masses of England that the enslavement of India is justified because they are not Christians.

Being a pommie by birth, I can assure you that the British did not enslave the Indians in the same terms as the blacks were enslaved in America. The East India Company saw opportunities for India to enlarge its trading might which the Indians had ignored. The Indians could not run the company because they did not know how to.

However, the EIC gave thousands of Indians jobs that they would not have had if they had not been there. Yes, the British had a them and us mentality but when you are a member of one of greatest races on earth, trading wise, you can be forgiven for having a superior attitude. And when they left, they left a flourishing nation that was able to build on what the EIC had achieved.

And if you look at the history of Great Britain and its colonization of various countries and how they built the nation's potential and then looked at what happened after they left makes you weep. A classic example is Zimbabwe, which was the breadbasket of Africa. it was rolling in produce and money. When the blacks took over it became a total basket case. Now the blacks are worse off than they were under the whites. Under the whites, they did not have 3,500% inflation, but they do now. In fact, they had to ditch their own currency because it was totally worthless. Now they trade in American Dollars.

Whilst the blacks had to pay a week's wages for a loaf of bread under Mugabe he lived in one of nine palaces and had food flown in from France. The palace's walls were lined with pure gold. Mugabe stole the farms from the white owners and killed many of them and gave them to his cronies who had no idea how to run farms. Consequently, they changed from a food growing country to a desert basket case who were unable to produce any food. No wonder the blacks got rid of Mugabe.

His only real claim to fame was being a terrorist who fought the white rule of Cecil Rhodes.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
have your family taken from you and come back to see me.
There aren't too many more to lose!

But that's not the point. What makes anyone exempt from hardship and loss based on some supposed moral argument?

"I'm too good of a person that I should go hungry/suffer loss/become unemployed/die from cancer/___________."

they view Jesus as one of the greatest prophets and follow His teachings. lol to funny
They treat like one of their false gods without any distinction that Jesus is their Creator, and all other gods are false. That's not following His teachings.

Jesus taught the people to love the LORD their God, and to serve only Him. They co-opt a likeness of Jesus and ascribe to it such properties as appeals to them. Is that not so?

Much love!

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
There aren't too many more to lose!

But that's not the point. What makes anyone exempt from hardship and loss based on some supposed moral argument?

"I'm too good of a person that I should go hungry/suffer loss/become unemployed/die from cancer/___________."

They treat like one of their false gods without any distinction that Jesus is their Creator, and all other gods are false. That's not following His teachings.

Jesus taught the people to love the LORD their God, and to serve only Him. They co-opt a likeness of Jesus and ascribe to it such properties as appeals to them. Is that not so?

Much love!

everyone a sinner is not the best argument. your putting a single mom who works 3 jobs whos only sin is maybe lying to her parents when she was a kid in the same category as an ax murdering child molester.

they treat Jesus as a great prophet, so what if they dont think Jesus was a stand alone creator without the help of the Father. i dont even believe that, Christians dont even agree on this. "christology" is probably the most damaging thing to the faith, all it does is cause division, IMO we are supposed to follow Jesus, not define His nature. how much time did Jesus spend explaining His true nature.
when Jesus was teaching, most those that followed (the crowds) believed Him to be a prophet, the bible called them believers. Jesus was even confronted with this question "who do the people say I am?" the Christ was the correct answer, but the other answers were not condemned.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
everyone a sinner is not the best argument. your putting a single mom who works 3 jobs whos only sin is maybe lying to her parents when she was a kid in the same category as an ax murdering child molester.

they treat Jesus as a great prophet, so what if they dont think Jesus was a stand alone creator without the help of the Father. i dont even believe that, Christians dont even agree on this. "christology" is probably the most damaging thing to the faith, all it does is cause division, IMO we are supposed to follow Jesus, not define His nature. how much time did Jesus spend explaining His true nature.
when Jesus was teaching, most those that followed (the crowds) believed Him to be a prophet, the bible called them believers. Jesus was even confronted with this question "who do the people say I am?" the Christ was the correct answer, but the other answers were not condemned.
"You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God".

Monogenesis. A "one off" as they say.

Knowledge of Jesus doesn't damage a person's faith, it builds their faith if they have it.

But to consider Jesus to be one among Krishna and Brahma and Vishnu and how many of the 9 million gods claimed in Hinduism, that's not Jesus Christ, through Whom all that was made that was made, that has nothing whatsoever to do with Christianity.

Christianity is about bring the spirirtually dead to life through the Creator God having come to us in Jesus Christ, dying for our sins, and rising from the dead to give us life.

Jesus didn't condemn the adultrous woman . . . but don't construe that as though He approved.

Much love!

Last edited:

DaChaser

Sep 10, 2020
Macomb Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why is that? if they burned people alive, went on crusades, and tortured people under inquisitions would you take them under consideration?

one thing i like about the eastern schools of thoughts, such as Hindu, their faith is not so fragile they spend all their time trying to disprove others to make their own faith look better. they believe there are truths in all faiths and that each of us are born into the faith we need to deal with in this lifetime. very wise.
Jesus is very God in human flesh, and think that he is far superior to any Guru!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they didnt go to India to rule as Christians yet they tell the masses of England that the enslavement of India is justified because they are not Christians.
Where are you getting this info? You need to start backing up what you’re saying with facts. Talk is cheap.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they believe there are truths in all faiths and that each of us are born into the faith we need to deal with in this lifetime. very wise.
That's hardly wise at all in my estimation. Christianity is exclusive. It excludes the notion of other gods, and declares them all false.

So someone who worships the Hindu gods, and claims that Christianity is also true, is presenting a contradiction. I don't see that to be wise, and demonstrates a fundamental ignorance of Christianity.

Much love!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's hardly wise at all in my estimation. Christianity is exclusive. It excludes the notion of other gods, and declares them all false.

So someone who worships the Hindu gods, and claims that Christianity is also true, is presenting a contradiction. I don't see that to be wise, and demonstrates a fundamental ignorance of Christianity.

Much love!
Agree. Christianity exclusively offers the way to God. Jesus said He is THE way, not A way. No one comes to the Father but by Him. That’s pretty clear. And all who choose Jesus—THE WAY—will be saved.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is missing from the Bible? Simple. Our understanding of the Bible?

Oh, but how we like to rabbit on about that topic, because everybody is right in their own mind on that topic.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016

Much love!

the exclusive thing is what causes the problems. the idea that people are punished in hell because of where they are born is pretty bad.

Reactions: bbyrd009

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Agree. Christianity exclusively offers the way to God. Jesus said He is THE way, not A way. No one comes to the Father but by Him. That’s pretty clear. And all who choose Jesus—THE WAY—will be saved.

and "through" Jesus means what?
a Hindu can follow the example of Jesus everyday throughout his life but its all for nothing because he calls himself Hindu and not Christian?