Missing from bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
OzSpen said:
jaybird,

That's because 'it is impossible for God to lie' (Heb 6:18 ESV).

What you consider as 'many truths in eastern beliefs' are your thoughts on 'many truths' and not God's thoughts. They are not in the Bible because they are not genuinely of God.

Deut 32:4 confirms, 'He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he'.

God's works and ways are perfect and just. His ways do not include the thoughts of eastern religion. In other words, for God to accept the thoughts and beliefs of eastern religion, he would be lying, i.e. not telling the truth about reality.

Devoting lives to spirituality does not mean devoting lives to God's truth.

Oz
i never said the Lord lies.

did you ever stop and think, the source of every nation on the planet is noah and his sons. where in the bible does it say the Lord will reveal spiritual truth through the bloodline of shem to Jesus and no one else outside of that?

and what of Jesus and His teaching on false teachers, you will know them by their fruits. you ever read about Tibetan Buddhism, what are the bad fruits of that belief system? compassion, humility, honesty, generosity? how many people have they conquered through war and bloodshed and forced on those people their own beliefs against their will?

Jesus taught seek and knock. hard to imagine that so many in the east are seeking and knocking and the doors being slammed shut.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
jaybird said:
i never said the Lord lies.

did you ever stop and think, the source of every nation on the planet is noah and his sons. where in the bible does it say the Lord will reveal spiritual truth through the bloodline of shem to Jesus and no one else outside of that?

and what of Jesus and His teaching on false teachers, you will know them by their fruits. you ever read about Tibetan Buddhism, what are the bad fruits of that belief system? compassion, humility, honesty, generosity? how many people have they conquered through war and bloodshed and forced on those people their own beliefs against their will?

Jesus taught seek and knock. hard to imagine that so many in the east are seeking and knocking and the doors being slammed shut.
jaybird,

The fact is that any form of Buddhism is nontheistic. It does not believe in God. See the differences between Buddhism and Christianity.

Looking at the fruit does not tell us what the core beliefs are. Tibetan Buddhism and Christianity cannot be compatible because at the core (belief in God) they are contradictory. Have you ever heard of the law of non-contradiction? Buddhism is nontheistic; Christianity is theistic. They cannot both be true.

You claim you never said the Lord lies. What do you think you meant when you said, 'Why are some things missing from the bible such as chakras, energy fields, sound, frequencies,pineal gland and things of this nature? and if not missing where are they'.

God would be lying if he believed in chakras, energy fields, sound, frequencies, pineal gland and things of this nature. They would be contrary to his nature and actions. Your wanting God to include these dimensions, means you are pursuing syncretism, not biblical Christianity.

Oz

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
OzSpen said:
jaybird,

The fact is that any form of Buddhism is nontheistic. It does not believe in God. See the differences between Buddhism and Christianity.

Looking at the fruit does not tell us what the core beliefs are. Tibetan Buddhism and Christianity cannot be compatible because at the core (belief in God) they are contradictory. Have you ever heard of the law of non-contradiction? Buddhism is nontheistic; Christianity is theistic. They cannot both be true.

You claim you never said the Lord lies. What do you think you meant when you said, 'Why are some things missing from the bible such as chakras, energy fields, sound, frequencies,pineal gland and things of this nature? and if not missing where are they'.

God would be lying if he believed in chakras, energy fields, sound, frequencies, pineal gland and things of this nature. They would be contrary to his nature and actions. Your wanting God to include these dimensions, means you are pursuing syncretism, not biblical Christianity.

Oz
so when Jesus taught on the tree and its fruit, we should just take a marker to such teachings and black them out? im confused.

just because something is absent does not make it a lie. saying the sky is red when it is really blue is a lie.

the Lord would be lying if He believed. . . .? and where is this written?

im not wanting one thing or the other i am simply searching for truth. you can bury your head in the sand all day but these thngs will still be out there. if they are evil, of the devil, of demons, where is it written?

your claiming all this is wrong wrong wrong yet you provide nothing in scripture to base it on. i have provided quite a lot.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jaybird,

Obviously I cannot speak for Oz, but I think his point is that these concepts you speak of originate from false religious notions that are based from a non-theistic worldview. Thus, things like energy fields, chakras, and so forth are not biblical concepts because they are based in a very different view of the origins and nature of humanity. So, its one thing to say, "just because it isnt in the Bible doesnt mean it isnt true" which is correct. Yet its another thing to point to eastern false religious views and suggest that these things should be in the Bible or can be incorporated into a Biblical understanding of human beings. This is simply not accurate. The two systems are diametrically opposed and the conclusions of one view lead to a vastly different understanding of the nature and purpose of human beings than the other. The two simply cannot be synchronized.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Wormwood said:
jaybird,

Obviously I cannot speak for Oz, but I think his point is that these concepts you speak of originate from false religious notions that are based from a non-theistic worldview. Thus, things like energy fields, chakras, and so forth are not biblical concepts because they are based in a very different view of the origins and nature of humanity. So, its one thing to say, "just because it isnt in the Bible doesnt mean it isnt true" which is correct. Yet its another thing to point to eastern false religious views and suggest that these things should be in the Bible or can be incorporated into a Biblical understanding of human beings. This is simply not accurate. The two systems are diametrically opposed and the conclusions of one view lead to a vastly different understanding of the nature and purpose of human beings than the other. The two simply cannot be synchronized.
i respect your thoughts and i dont mean to sound like a pain which i know many think i am.
some of these things are based on science. energy fields and chakra points can be seen with scientific equipment. kinda like dark matter, they know they are there yet they have no idea what they do or how they work, only theories.
never made since why so many Christians felt so threatened by eastern beliefs yet those in the east dont feel threatened at all by what we believe.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
jaybird said:
so when Jesus taught on the tree and its fruit, we should just take a marker to such teachings and black them out? im confused.

just because something is absent does not make it a lie. saying the sky is red when it is really blue is a lie.

the Lord would be lying if He believed. . . .? and where is this written?

im not wanting one thing or the other i am simply searching for truth. you can bury your head in the sand all day but these thngs will still be out there. if they are evil, of the devil, of demons, where is it written?

your claiming all this is wrong wrong wrong yet you provide nothing in scripture to base it on. i have provided quite a lot.
You didn't answer what I wrote about the differences between Buddhism and Christianity at #202. Did I write the truth about Buddhism being nontheistic and Christianity being theistic?

Hebrews 11:6 (NLT) is very clear: 'And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him'.

The Tibetan Buddhists, no matter how much they display good works, cannot come to God because they don't believe God exists. They are nontheistic. Which is the truth about reality?

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
OzSpen said:
You didn't answer what I wrote about the differences between Buddhism and Christianity at #202. Did I write the truth about Buddhism being nontheistic and Christianity being theistic?

Hebrews 11:6 (NLT) is very clear: 'And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him'.

The Tibetan Buddhists, no matter how much they display good works, cannot come to God because they don't believe God exists. They are nontheistic. Which is the truth about reality?
im not an expert on Buddhism. from my understanding they are more agnostic, there may be a creator but there is no way to prove it. but i read they do believe in celestial beings. they also spend lots and lots of time in prayer, who are they praying to. im not aware of them being openly rejecting of the Lord nor are they rebellers of the Lord like the canaanites or babalonians. their beliefs seem to be mostly in line with the laws of Noah. i like many of the philosophies they teach.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
jaybird said:
im not an expert on Buddhism. from my understanding they are more agnostic, there may be a creator but there is no way to prove it. but i read they do believe in celestial beings. they also spend lots and lots of time in prayer, who are they praying to. im not aware of them being openly rejecting of the Lord nor are they rebellers of the Lord like the canaanites or babalonians. their beliefs seem to be mostly in line with the laws of Noah. i like many of the philosophies they teach.
jaybird,

I suggest you become better informed about the beliefs of Tibetan Buddhism and the Intro to Tibetan Buddhism.

No matter how much you like the philosophies of Tibetan Buddhism, they are far removed from biblical Christianity because it does not believe in God. See 'Atheism & devotion in Buddhism'.

Who do they pray to? The Buddha!

Seems to me that you are not discerning regarding the beliefs of Tibetan Buddhism and are tending towards syncretism in your own beliefs.

Oz

Tiny

Nov 29, 2014
Stan J, I think you are rude, though I'm only up to p.2.

Jaybird,
good topic and you are not the only one who thinks about these things, only honest.

Eastern Orthodox Monks and Hermits /Dessert Dwellers, so many wise words, a dedicated life to Theosis (drawing closer to God).

I look forward to reading the rest of this.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
OzSpen said:
jaybird,

I suggest you become better informed about the beliefs of Tibetan Buddhism and the Intro to Tibetan Buddhism.

No matter how much you like the philosophies of Tibetan Buddhism, they are far removed from biblical Christianity because it does not believe in God. See 'Atheism & devotion in Buddhism'.

Who do they pray to? The Buddha!

Seems to me that you are not discerning regarding the beliefs of Tibetan Buddhism and are tending towards syncretism in your own beliefs.

Oz
your right i need to be better informed. lets recap what you have taught me so far.
they are atheist and they pray to buddha??? that makes little sense but ok
Jesus teaching on seek and knock does not apply to Buddhist
Jesus teaching on a tree and its fruit does not apply.
they are outside the covenant of Noah, i thought that was to all nations but ohh well.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Tiny said:

Jaybird,
good topic and you are not the only one who thinks about these things, only honest.

Eastern Orthodox Monks and Hermits /Dessert Dwellers, so many wise words, a dedicated life to Theosis (drawing closer to God).

thanks tiny. this topic has been all over the place. im proud to be a Follower of Jesus but the Christianity today and the "we are right and everyone else is wrong" philosophy has always bothered me. Jesus taught quite plainly He had other sheep to go to, where are those sheep? what story do they have to tell?

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Tiny said:

Jaybird,

Always great to see the nomads of the forum's come in and voice their 2 cents after 22 posts. I think you need to learn to respect your elders.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
StanJ said:
Always great to see the nomads of the forum's come in and voice their 2 cents after 22 posts. I think you need to learn to respect your elders.
good job proving tiny right.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
jaybird said:
Jesus teaching on seek and knock does not apply to Buddhist
Jesus teaching on a tree and its fruit does not apply.
they are outside the covenant of Noah, i thought that was to all nations but ohh well.
jaybird,

This is your sarcasm with which I cannot agree. Not one of those 3 points is what I said.

As for the Noahic covenant, God's unconditional covenant with Noah was that He would never destroy the earth again by a worldwide flood. He has set the rainbow in the sky to confirm this.

However, we do know that God has promised a day is coming when he will destroy the earth by fire (see 2 Pet 3:10-11 ESV; Rev 20:9; 21:1 ESV) in the horrific events of 'the day of the Lord'. Are you ready to face the Lord - without the principles of Tibetan Buddhism?

Oz

Tiny

Nov 29, 2014
StanJ said:
I think you need to learn to respect new people!

Tiny

Nov 29, 2014
jaybird said:
thanks tiny. this topic has been all over the place. im proud to be a Follower of Jesus but the Christianity today and the "we are right and everyone else is wrong" philosophy has always bothered me. Jesus taught quite plainly He had other sheep to go to, where are those sheep? what story do they have to tell?

I personally learn off the Eastern Orthodox monks:)

Not sure about the "other sheep" though.

Tiny

Nov 29, 2014
Missing from the Bible: The Shepherd of Hermas, have you read that?

"The Shepherd of Hermas (Greek: Ποιμὴν τοῦ Ἑρμᾶ, Poimēn tou Herma; sometimes just called The Shepherd) is a Christian literary work of the late 1st or mid-2nd century, considered a valuable book by many Christians, and considered canonical scripture by some of the early Church fathers such as Irenaeus. The Shepherd was very popular amongst Christians in the 2nd and 3rd centuries. It was bound as part of the New Testament in the Codex Sinaiticus"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shepherd_of_Hermas

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
OzSpen said:
jaybird,

This is your sarcasm with which I cannot agree. Not one of those 3 points is what I said.

As for the Noahic covenant, God's unconditional covenant with Noah was that He would never destroy the earth again by a worldwide flood. He has set the rainbow in the sky to confirm this.

However, we do know that God has promised a day is coming when he will destroy the earth by fire (see 2 Pet 3:10-11 ESV; Rev 20:9; 21:1 ESV) in the horrific events of 'the day of the Lord'. Are you ready to face the Lord - without the principles of Tibetan Buddhism?

Oz
yes its sarcasm from frustration due to me listing why i think the way i do and you ignoring them.

there were laws given with the covenant of noah.

But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.
5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.
6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

there were more listed in jubilees but that book was removed.

Are you ready to face the Lord - without the principles of Tibetan Buddhism?
principles such as - compassion, humility, honesty, generosity?