Missing from bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
jaybird said:
Are you ready to face the Lord - without the principles of Tibetan Buddhism?
principles such as - compassion, humility, honesty, generosity?
The qualities of compassion, humility, honesty and generosity that come from God Himself, through our relationship with Jesus Christ, are based on the values of the kingdom of God - not the nontheistic values of Tibetan Buddhism.

Seems as though you are into a different worldview to that of biblical Christianity.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Tiny said:
I personally learn off the Eastern Orthodox monks:)

Not sure about the "other sheep" though.
i have listened to some east orthodox teachings, good stuff.
the "other sheep" is an interesting thought to me. it would suggest that the roman version of Jesus is not the only version out there. and there are lots of these stories out there such as Jesus in the UK, India, north america and central america. but when you mention these stories most Christians will go through the roof, they dont seem to like the idea of Jesus revealing Himself to anyone else.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
OzSpen said:
The qualities of compassion, humility, honesty and generosity that come from God Himself, through our relationship with Jesus Christ, are based on the values of the kingdom of God - not the nontheistic values of Tibetan Buddhism.

Seems as though you are into a different worldview to that of biblical Christianity.
where else would such qualities come from? are you suggesting they get these ideas from Satan,demons? can you give me an example in the bible where Satan came down and taught such things?

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
jaybird said:
where else would such qualities come from? are you suggesting they get these ideas from Satan,demons? can you give me an example in the bible where Satan came down and taught such things?
Buddhists get their views of compassion, humility, honesty and generosity from a totally different worldview to that of biblical Christianity. Don't you understand the differences between the outworkings of a Buddist worldview and a Christian worldview?

I said not a word about Satan.

However, the kind of compassion from Buddhism cannot have the content of Christian compassion. Why? The origin is totally different.

Why can't you understand the radical differences between Buddhism and Christianity and their worldviews?

Oz

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
OzSpen said:
Buddhists get their views of compassion, humility, honesty and generosity from a totally different worldview to that of biblical Christianity. Don't you understand the differences between the outworkings of a Buddist worldview and a Christian worldview?

I said not a word about Satan.

However, the kind of compassion from Buddhism cannot have the content of Christian compassion. Why? The origin is totally different.

Why can't you understand the radical differences between Buddhism and Christianity and their worldviews?

Oz
they are not us and i dont think we should all become buddhist.

so what is their source, where did they come from? did they not come from noah?

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
jaybird said:
they are not us and i dont think we should all become buddhist.

so what is their source, where did they come from? did they not come from noah?
You do your own research on the origin of Buddhism. It is simplistic to blame it on Noah's descendants. Are you going to blame the Holocaust on Noah?

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
OzSpen said:
You do your own research on the origin of Buddhism. It is simplistic to blame it on Noah's descendants. Are you going to blame the Holocaust on Noah?
now who is being sarcastic. i already believe they came from noah. not saying buddhism came from him.
the Lord didnt reveal Himself to them like He did with Abraham and Moses, yet these people were still creations of our Lord, and they were out there looking for spiritual truth. if they were out there searching for our Lord, why would He block them from finding Him?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Always great to see the nomads of the forum's come in and voice their 2 cents after 22 posts. I think you need to learn to respect your elders.
Jesus never did, age means nothing in Gods kingdom, doesnt matter how much knowledege one has, its all about knowing Jesus Gods heart, and Gods will, which seems very few do.

Reactions: JPPT1974

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Kingdom is eternally and never grows old. It is about knowing Jesus in mind, soul, and heart as Savior and Lord.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
jaybird said:
now who is being sarcastic. i already believe they came from noah. not saying buddhism came from him.
the Lord didnt reveal Himself to them like He did with Abraham and Moses, yet these people were still creations of our Lord, and they were out there looking for spiritual truth. if they were out there searching for our Lord, why would He block them from finding Him?
I was not being sarcastic. I was dead serious about your wanting to trace things back to Noah and I used the Holocaust as an horrific example of your Noahic doctrine.

It's time for you to realise that the Buddhist world and life view is a country mile from that of biblical Christianity. Buddhist compassion does not spring from the same root as Christian compassion. Therefore, its content and effect will be radically different.

Oz

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
jaybird said:
thanks tiny. this topic has been all over the place. im proud to be a Follower of Jesus but the Christianity today and the "we are right and everyone else is wrong" philosophy has always bothered me. Jesus taught quite plainly He had other sheep to go to, where are those sheep? what story do they have to tell?
jaybird,

Are you suggesting that Jesus's 'other sheep' are those following the philosophies of Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Communism, atheism, agnosticism, environmentalism, etc?

Where are these 'other sheep' found?

Oz

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
OzSpen said:
I was not being sarcastic. I was dead serious about your wanting to trace things back to Noah and I used the Holocaust as an horrific example of your Noahic doctrine.

It's time for you to realise that the Buddhist world and life view is a country mile from that of biblical Christianity. Buddhist compassion does not spring from the same root as Christian compassion. Therefore, its content and effect will be radically different.

Oz
this the same compassion used to justify mass genocide on native Americans called divine providence or when Charlemagne executed four thousand Saxons in one day because they did not convert.

there are some of us that believe the message today is not the same message Jesus taught.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
OzSpen said:
jaybird,

Are you suggesting that Jesus's 'other sheep' are those following the philosophies of Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Communism, atheism, agnosticism, environmentalism, etc?

Where are these 'other sheep' found?

Oz
post 223

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jaybird said:
why are some things missing from the bible such as chakras, energy fields, sound, frequencies,pineal gland and things of this nature? and if not missing where are they.

i think there are many truths in the eastern beliefs. these people know all about these things in their belief system yet in the west our bible says nothing of these things. when i mention these things to other Christians they think i am crazy and call this devils work. Tibetan Buddhist devote majority of their lives to spirituality and yet most western main stream Christians spend less than one day a week, with most of our focus on our job, our money, shopping and television. this makes no sense to me.
Why would there be any need to Even bother with "Eastern Belief Foolishness". They're ALL WORTHLESS religious philosophical systems which can only doom their followers to destruction, since NONE OF THEM Removes SIN, or has any capability to do so.

Our Bible deals with things of REAL Spiritual Importance, and simply IGNORES (as It should) the Worthless Religions of MAN.

There is, after all, ONLY ONE NAME under Heaven whereby we can be saved.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
Jesus never did, age means nothing in Gods kingdom, doesnt matter how much knowledege one has, its all about knowing Jesus Gods heart, and Gods will, which seems very few do.
As usual, you are wrong. Jesus respected elders, he just didn't respect self-righteous religious people. The more we know of God's word the more we know of God.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
jaybird said:
this the same compassion used to justify mass genocide on native Americans called divine providence or when Charlemagne executed four thousand Saxons in one day because they did not convert.

there are some of us that believe the message today is not the same message Jesus taught.
jaybird,

Why are you confusing the compassion of Jesus and his followers with the brutal sinful actions of some people? You have an agenda that doesn't want to see that Buddhist compassion is not the same as Christian compassion.

You don't seem to want to understand that there are examples of Buddhist extremism as well. See: http://www.abc.net.au/religion/articles/2015/05/29/4245049.htm

'Why are Buddhists committing genocide again?' This is happening right now but you are turning a blind eye to this. You seem to be captivated by blindness to Buddhist atrocities around the world. They are hardly examples of the Buddhist compassion you are trying to promote.

Admit it. There are Christians and Buddhists who are not good practitioners of their worldviews. They are sinful rebels without God.

Oz

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Bob Carabbio said:
Why would there be any need to Even bother with "Eastern Belief Foolishness". They're ALL WORTHLESS religious philosophical systems which can only doom their followers to destruction, since NONE OF THEM Removes SIN, or has any capability to do so.

Our Bible deals with things of REAL Spiritual Importance, and simply IGNORES (as It should) the Worthless Religions of MAN.

Well said, brother Bob. :)

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
jaybird said:
i have listened to some east orthodox teachings, good stuff.
the "other sheep" is an interesting thought to me. it would suggest that the roman version of Jesus is not the only version out there. and there are lots of these stories out there such as Jesus in the UK, India, north america and central america. but when you mention these stories most Christians will go through the roof, they dont seem to like the idea of Jesus revealing Himself to anyone else.
That doesn't answer my issue with your philosophy, jaybird.

The 'other sheep' are people who come into God's kingdom God's way and not through a way you and I might like to invent. See John 14:6 (ESV); Acts 4:12 (ESV). There is no other way into the kingdom than through Jesus Christ and his salvation.

Your Jesus in the UK, India, North and Central America, is not different to the alleged Jesus in all kinds of other religions. Islam has its version of Asa (Jesus) and his is not the Son of God. We are dealing with truth vs falsehood. Do you practise the law of non-contradiction or not?

Oz

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Bob Carabbio said:

thats good thinking bob. especially when you realize the average western Christian devotes less than one day a week to spirituality and the avg Tibetan Buddhist devotes their lives to it. it only makes sense the loving Father Jesus taught us about would slap these people down with false beliefs when they devote their lives to seeking spiritual truth. and all this time i thought Jesus taught knock and the door will be opened.