Misunderstandings about hearing the Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for the encouragement and understanding.

There are times, many times, when I don't want to do what the Lord tells me and specifically about telling others about Him. But it is like what Jeremiah wrote:

Jer 20:9 But if I say, “I will not remember Him
Or speak anymore in His name,”
Then in my heart it becomes like a burning fire
Shut up in my bones;
And I am weary of holding it in,
And I cannot endure it.
What does the Lord tell you specifically?

How do you know that it’s God?

What means does God communicate with you?

Please post scripture to back up your claim ,that the Lord tells you what specifically?

Tells you what?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A piece of wood is not an idol until we make it one! And so neither is the ink on paper is not an idol until we make it one. And so the sacred writings that people made according to the what they heard from the Lord are also not an idol until we make them one.
The quote I was responding to is below. If we put something (even a Bible) between God and us, does it not then become an idol?

12question said:
And there may be a very few, again like myself, who made the bible the only go to source and the thing I put between God and myself.

/

Reactions: amadeus

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember actually watching one preacher from the podium lift a Bible up over His head and loudly exclaim that his Bible was the living and active "Word of God"! Was He right? Is not Jesus Christ the living and active Word of God whom we personally know like His sheep who actually hear His voice on those days called "Today"?
Yes. I have a problem with that as well.
I don't even like people calling the Bible "God's Word".

And on the forum if you take issue with someone's personal interpretation
of the Bible they tell you to, "Take it up with God." (or worse)

So inside he thrift store I had found a angry mad that said he had to preach the Word of God but didn't believe in hearing from Jesus Christ, but outside I found a man that got angry with the Lord but believed in hearing from Jesus Christ.
Interesting. Good story, thanks.

/

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. I have a problem with that as well.
I don't even like people calling the Bible "God's Word".

And on the forum if you take issue with someone's personal interpretation
of the Bible they tell you to, "Take it up with God." (or worse)

Interesting. Good story, thanks.

/
Why would you have a problem with the Bible being Gods Living word.

It’s spoken in Spirit and truth is it not?

Of course the carnal mind wouldn’t/ couldn’t understand that ..

How could we mature in Christ if we don’t read the Living word of God?

We are Born Again I understand the New Covenant in the Spirit because I’m Born Of The Spirit....I understand all that the Holy Spirit has brought to my understanding..in the New Testament, I’m not saying I understand all of the New Testament....as i continue to grow and mature via the Holy Spirit..only He can open up my heart to understand scripture, so far it’s taken yrs and yrs...this is my testimony and belief.

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Please post scripture to back up your claim ,that the Lord tells you what specifically?

Tells you what?
Interesting questions, if I can chime in with my two cents worth.

Those who hear from God (what we call audibly, meaning you can hear it in your mind)
will refer to a loud and soft voice. A loud voice is a clear message. You just know it's God.
The first time this happened to me, I was eight years old.
You may have read my posted testimony on the forum.
I'll post it again for anyone that wants to read it. (post #11 this topic)

The soft voice can be either an impression, or something dropped in.
Quite often an appropriate scripture to what is happening at the moment.

Recently I've had a couple of those. "No risk, no reward." (after reading a paragraph in a post)
Another was, "Help is on the way." after praying about a concern.
Sometimes I hear, "Go talk to that person." referring to a complete stranger out in public.
If I ask what I should say, I get no response. - LOL
When I obey by talking to them it is given to me.

Jesus said, "My sheep hear my voice..." (quote from memory)

This also relates to spiritual gifts. (manifestations of the Spirit)
A word of knowledge, or a word of wisdom. Spiritual discernment.
The gift of distinguishing between spirits. (weighing what is said, or done)
Even a "gut" feeling in your spirit that something is happening. (good or bad)

/

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting questions, if I can chime in with my two cents worth.

Those who hear from God (what we call audibly, meaning you can hear it in your mind)
will refer to a loud and soft voice. A loud voice is a clear message. You just know it's God.
The first time this happened to me, I was eight years old.
You may have read my posted testimony on the forum.
I'll post it again for anyone that wants to read it.
Yes, I remember you sharing that....
The soft voice can be either an impression, or something dropped in.
Quite often an appropriate scripture to what is happening at the moment.

Recently I've had a couple of those. "No risk, no reward." (after reading a paragraph in a post)
Another was, "Help is on the way." after praying about a concern.
Sometimes I hear, "Go talk to that person." referring to a complete stranger out in public.
If I ask what I should say, I get no response. - LOL
When I obey by talking to them it is given to me.

Jesus said, "My sheep hear my voice..." (quote from memory)

This also relates to spiritual gifts. (manifestations of the Spirit)
A word of knowledge, or a word of wisdom. Spiritual discernment.
The gift of distinguishing between spirits. (weighing what is said, or done)
Even a "gut" feeling in your spirit that something is happening. (good or bad)

/
So, you don’t believe you need to be Born Again to hear God?

Would you say hearing God is being drawn to him?..he draws us to Jesus that way?

Are you Born Again?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tells you what?

Ok - that is a nice question!!

First let me point out this verse:

Is 30:21 Your ears will hear a word behind you, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right or to the left.

When you ask "very specifically" I need to let people know that He can and does at times actually tell me turn to the left, go straight, now pull in up there."

Now it is not always like that, but sometimes it is and it can be! He used to talk me around yard sales on Saturday mornings and often it was exactly like that. I got some nice things I needed, and cheap, at yard sales. But more importantly for Him, yard sales turn out to be a great place for Him to use me to minister to people. So many times, He had me minister to people at yard sales. Some were unforgettable - like when He told me that man doing the yard sale was a pastor. He kept telling me that, so I finally told that man, "Sir, you are a pastor." - which obviously caught him off guard. But the man responded by saying that he was a youth pastor, as if I was wrong to say he was a pastor. But the Lord did call him a youth pastor, the Lord considered him a pastor! And so I pointed out that a youth pastor is a pastor.

And there were many other things like that.

But then there is the more general assignment, and that too he specifically talks to me about often!!

He once told me, "Karl, I want you to preach the Word but not as it is so often preached today. I want you to preach I AM the Word of God." And when He said "I AM" it came with some power which caused me to start falling to the floor of my bathroom, which was where I was at because I was going to take a shower. I caught myself on the counter and toilet seat before hitting the floor. Good thing the set was down.

Another time He specifically asked me to open up to Ezekiel 3 during one of my regular morning times with Him. And He had me starting reading there. And while I was reading He started talking to me and personalizing a message which pretty much the same message given to Ezekiel.

Ezek 3: 4-9 Then He said to me, “Son of man, go to the house of Israel and speak with My words to them. “For you are not being sent to a people of unintelligible speech or difficult language, but to the house of Israel, nor to many peoples of unintelligible speech or difficult language, whose words you cannot understand. But I have sent you to them who should listen to you;
yet the house of Israel will not be willing to listen to you, since they are not willing to listen to Me. Surely the whole house of Israel is stubborn and obstinate. “Behold, I have made your face as hard as their faces and your forehead as hard as their foreheads. “Like [emery harder than flint I have made your forehead. Do not be afraid of them or be dismayed before them, though they are a rebellious house.”

And so it is that He often has me come to this Christian forum, to speak His words to them, and basically those words are that we are to listen to Him!! Indeed He asked me to write the OP - and I made that clear, did I not?

The Lord asks me to preach the Word, and that to mean that we (all people really) need to seek Him and that to hear what He personally has to say to us! That means that we, each of us, should personally know Jesus Christ because we talk back and forth with Him. We each you be able to hear His instructions to us, personally, and that in words which we find in our mouth and hearts. That is the Word of God we are preaching (see Romans 10)

So to answer your question, He wants specifically wants all people listening to Him, and He specifically wants me doing that also, even down to sometime telling me when to turn to the right or to the left, and specifically giving me teachings, and instructions.

He once told me:

AS INSTRUCTIONS ARE GIVEN TO A SERVANT, AND WISDOM AND PARABLES TO A SON, AND AS JOKES ARE GIVEN TO A FRIEND, SO I LOVE YOU IS SAID TO A BRIDE.

Which should give you a more general idea of what to specifically expect to hear from the Lord as our relationship with Him grows

Oh - I forgot to answer the how do I know it is God part.

That is a big and important question too, and there can be a lot to answering that question - but let me give you a quick answer here.

I don't know it is Him, I believe it is Him! Did we not read anything in the Bible about living by faith??

Still, the first words I heard from Him were, "READ YOUR BIBLE", and they sounded audible to me and very powerful. It felt like someone had hit me in the side of the head. I also got a vision of my Bible behind my time clock, which made no-sense to me, because I could hardly remember having it. It should have been buried in the garage or back of a closet. My mom had given it to me decades ago. But there is was, just like in the vision, sitting behind my time clock. And that started my knowing Him. There is alot more too it, because that was over 20 years ago and I have been talking and talking with Him from shortly after I finished reading it. I have seen hundreds of miracles, been kissed on the forehead by a greenish cloud that turned into the face of a lady, I have been taken out of my body. I have 3 times had rain (a light sprikle) come on just me on hot cloudless days, I get lots of those little sayings from Him, and He tells me regularly "Karl, I love you." So I pretty sure it is Him!!

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ok - that is a nice question!!

First let me point out this verse:

Is 30:21 Your ears will hear a word behind you, “This is the way, walk in it,” whenever you turn to the right or to the left.
That’s a verse...by what means do you hear God speak to you.?

What does he speak to in you, in order for you to understand his “ Living “ word?
When you ask "very specifically" I need to let people know that He can and does at times actually tell me turn to the left, go straight, now pull in up there."
Again, by what means?
Now it is not always like that, but sometimes it is and it can be! He used to talk me around yard sales on Saturday mornings and often it was exactly like that. I got some nice things I needed, and cheap, at yard sales. But more importantly for Him, yard sales turn out to be a great place for Him to use me to minister to people. So many times, He had me minister to people at yard sales. Some were unforgettable - like when He told me that man doing the yard sale was a pastor. He kept telling me that, so I finally told that man, "Sir, you are a pastor." - which obviously caught him off guard. But the man responded by saying that he was a youth pastor, as if I was wrong to say he was a pastor. But the Lord did call him a youth pastor, the Lord considered him a pastor! And so I pointed out that a youth pastor is a pastor.

And there were many other things like that.

But then there is the more general assignment, and that too he specifically talks to me about often!!

He once told me, "Karl, I want you to preach the Word but not as it is so often preached today. I want you to preach I AM the Word of God." And when He said "I AM" it came with some power which caused me to start falling to the floor of my bathroom, which was where I was at because I was going to take a shower. I caught myself on the counter and toilet seat before hitting the floor. Good thing the set was down.

Another time He specifically asked me to open up to Ezekiel 3 during one of my regular morning times with Him. And He had me starting reading there. And while I was reading He started talking to me and personalizing a message which pretty much the same message given to Ezekiel.

Ezek 3: 4-9 Then He said to me, “Son of man, go to the house of Israel and speak with My words to them. “For you are not being sent to a people of unintelligible speech or difficult language, but to the house of Israel, nor to many peoples of unintelligible speech or difficult language, whose words you cannot understand. But I have sent you to them who should listen to you;
yet the house of Israel will not be willing to listen to you, since they are not willing to listen to Me. Surely the whole house of Israel is stubborn and obstinate. “Behold, I have made your face as hard as their faces and your forehead as hard as their foreheads. “Like [emery harder than flint I have made your forehead. Do not be afraid of them or be dismayed before them, though they are a rebellious house.”

And so it is that He often has me come to this Christian forum, to speak His words to them, and basically those words are that we are to listen to Him!! Indeed He asked me to write the OP - and I made that clear, did I not?

So to answer your question, He wants specifically wants all people listening to Him, and He specifically wants me doing that also, even down to sometime telling me when to turn to the right or to the left, and specifically giving me teachings, and instructions.

He once told me:

AS INSTRUCTIONS ARE GIVEN TO A SERVANT, AND WISDOM AND PARABLES TO A SON, AND AS JOKES ARE GIVEN TO A FRIEND, SO I LOVE YOU IS SAID TO A BRIDE.

Which should give you a more general idea of what to specifically expect to hear from the Lord as our relationship with Him grows
So, “ YOU” do all the ministering is that what you are saying?..if you are saying that only you do the ministering...then I disagree with you...would you like me to explain why, imo?

Are you Born Of The Spirit? Born Again? Regenerated?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you have a problem with the Bible being Gods Living word.
Sometimes it is.
But not in-and-of-itself. (paper and ink)

Some people revere the book more than the author.
To the point that they can read the book but can't hear God's voice otherwise.

They have crippled themselves spiritually by placing the Bible BETWEEN themselves and God.
Viewing "a book" as Gods Living word.

It’s spoken in Spirit and truth is it not?
In reference to what? The translation? None of which agree.
Do you have any idea where the Bible came from?

Majority Text vs. Critical Text vs. Textus Receptus – Textual Criticism 101​

https://www.bereanpatriot.com/majority-text-vs-critical-text-vs-textus-receptus-textual-criticism-101/#Corruption-of-the-Alexandrian-text-type

Of course the carnal mind wouldn’t/ couldn’t understand that ..
Is that your assessment of me? Thanks.

How could we mature in Christ if we don’t read the Living word of God?
I recommend Bible study for Christian growth.
Especially if the reader is seeking to hear from God.
Not if the aim is simply church-led indoctrination. (harmful) IMHO

/

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sometimes it is.
But not in-and-of-itself. (paper and ink)

Some people revere the book more than the author.
To the point that they can read the book but can't hear God's voice otherwise.

Not quite understanding this.
They have crippled themselves spiritually by placing the Bible BETWEEN themselves and God.
Viewing "a book" as Gods Living word.

In reference to what? The translation? None of which agree.
Do you have any idea where the Bible came from?
The Bible is Gods Living word, his word breathed out in writing, we can’t contain God, he is a Living Spirit...

Majority Text vs. Critical Text vs. Textus Receptus – Textual Criticism 101​

Majority Text vs. Critical Text vs. Textus Receptus - Textual Criticism 101 - Berean Patriot

Is that your assessment of me? Thanks.
What do you mean assessment of you...I asked if you were Born Again that was all?...NO...I didn’t mean you were carnal in mind @St. SteVen ....I meant those without the Spirit would be...
I recommend Bible study for Christian growth.
Especially if the reader is seeking to hear from God.
Not if the aim is simply church-led indoctrination. (harmful) IMHO

/
You don’t need to read a Bible to be Born Of The Spirit...once you are Born Again...we need to read his word by being led to understand God’s word by the Holy Spirit, who has manifested himself into our spirit when Spirit gives birth to spirit?....without the Holy Spirit leading and directing us through scripture, bringing Gods word Alive in our hearts, bringing us to understanding his word in the Spirit.....we would/ could never grow or mature in the word...without the Holy Spirit.

Yes, being indoctrinated is harmful...I have only been taught by the Holy Spirit to understand God’s word...imo..many disagree and accuse me of being indoctrinated by John Calvin...why I have no idea.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you don’t believe you need to be Born Again to hear God?

Would you say hearing God is being drawn to him?..he draws us to Jesus that way?

Are you Born Again?
LOL
Seriously? Sigh.

You object because my post didn't include the term "Born Again"? (capital B, capital A)

Yet another term I don't like. Born Again, Born-Again, or born again.

The term "Born-Again" comes with a lot of baggage that isn't mine to carry.

I suppose you will post to ask me, "Why would you have a problem with Born Again?" - LOL

Yes, I'm born again. Now STOP!

/

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
LOL
Seriously? Sigh.

You object because my post didn't include the term "Born Again"? (capital B, capital A)

Yet another term I don't like. Born Again, Born-Again, or born again.

The term "Born-Again" comes with a lot of baggage that isn't mine to carry.

I suppose you will post to ask me, "Why would you have a problem with Born Again?" - LOL

Yes, I'm born again. Now STOP!

/
Wow!...why so touchy...

Born Again comes with no baggage...it’s the Living word of God, which is all over scripture.

They all mean the same thing imo...Quickened/ regenerated/ Spirit gives birth to spirit/ Born Again of imperishable seed.etc,etc, imo.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Once again...please clarify what on earth you are talking about?

They worshipped the Bible more than the author..many don’t understand that Gods word is Alive and Active?

And try not to be so touchy....you seem to be extremely sensitive...that’s of the emotions and not of the Spirit...I too get days like that...chill out I’m not doubting you for one minute...have some given you a hard time over your belief @St. SteVen ...?..I’ve had the same....FYI.

I stand on God’s word every time...and don’t give two hoots if others doubt that I’m Born Again...God planted his seed in my heart, I know that 100% from day one.....

Remember some people reading our testimonials, are still carnal in the mind...when we talk Gods word, it’s foolishness to them,imo.

Last edited:

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s a verse...by what means do you hear God speak to you.?

What does he speak to in you, in order for you to understand his “ Living “ word?

Again, by what means?

So, “ YOU” do all the ministering is that what you are saying?..if you are saying that only you do the ministering...then I disagree with you...would you like me to explain why, imo?

Are you Born Of The Spirit? Born Again? Regenerated?

I just explained it - and you are just being argumentative now!!

You can disagree all you want - but you would be a lot smarter if you started actually seeking Him for yourself and listening to Him for yourself!!

You don't even know that He is the "Living" word!!!

Did you not read your own question and realize it does not make sense???

The Bible is not alive, He is!!

By writing "What does he speak to in you, in order for you to understand his “ Living “ word?" - you have it all wrong and show you don't have Understanding!!

The question is not ""What does he speak to in you, in order for you to understand his “ Living “ word?"

But rather the question is or should have been, "What does the Living Word speak to you to help you understand?"

If you had even believed the Bible you would have understood that He is the living Word of God!! But you don't even believe what you read in the Bible! Jesus talked about that problem!

Jn 5:46 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.

Jn 5:57 “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

Did not Moses write:

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying,
“Do not fear, Abram, I am a shield to you; Your reward shall be very great.”

A word does not speak but is a thing spoke, of course! So "the word of the Lord" is the name used to explain who was speaking to Abram in the vision! But if you still didn't understand that, John gave you a Revelation did he not:

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

So flat out - His name is called "The Word of God" just like Moses said about the One speaking to Abram. And it is all over the Bible that way!

Jn 1:1,2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
He was in the beginning with God.

Who did you miss all of this? Is it because you refuse to listen to Him, the Living Word?

Heb 4:12,13 For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

Do you not read above where it is written, "hidden from His sight"????

The word of God is living - of course He is!! Jesus Christ is alive and active and He is able to judge your thoughts - indeed all things are open and laid bare to Him!! But you have replaced Him with your Bible, and you are unwilling to come to Him for eternal life - right?

Or why else are you missing the fact that He speaks to us and why else are you refusing to accept that His sheep hear (not read but hear) His voice!!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No I’m not..I’m disagreeing with you.
You can disagree all you want - but you would be a lot smarter if you started actually seeking Him for yourself and listening to Him for yourself!!

It would be a lot smarter if you actually understood that you are NOTHING without the Spirit?

Do you even know what that means?
You don't even know that He is the "Living" word!!!
Don’t I?....back up your opinion using scripture then?
Did you not read your own question and realize it does not make sense???

The Bible is not alive, He is!!

The Bible is Gods Living word, it’s spoken to us in the Spirit?

Which means what?
By writing "What does he speak to in you, in order for you to understand his “ Living “ word?" - you have it all wrong and show you don't have Understanding!!
You are now showing your ignorance...how do you understand God’s Living word?
The question is not ""What does he speak to in you, in order for you to understand his “ Living “ word?"

But rather the question is or should have been, "What does the Living Word speak to you to help you understand?"

I ask again are you Born Again?

What does that mean?

What authority do you have, without the Spirit you are none of His?.biblical.
If you had even believed the Bible you would have understood that He is the living Word of God!! But you don't even believe what you read in the Bible! Jesus talked about that problem!

What...you are now making assumption of my character..please stop?
Jn 5:46 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.

Jn 5:57 “But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

Did not Moses write:

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying,
“Do not fear, Abram, I am a shield to you; Your reward shall be very great.”

A word does not speak but is a thing spoke, of course! So "the word of the Lord" is the name used to explain who was speaking to Abram in the vision! But if you still didn't understand that, John gave you a Revelation did he not:

Rev 19:13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

So flat out - His name is called "The Word of God" just like Moses said about the One speaking to Abram. And it is all over the Bible that way!

Jn 1:1,2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
He was in the beginning with God.

Who did you miss all of this? Is it because you refuse to listen to Him, the Living Word?

Heb 4:12,13 For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

Do you not read above where it is written, "hidden from His sight"????

The word of God is living - of course He is!! Jesus Christ is alive and active and He is able to judge your thoughts - indeed all things are open and laid bare to Him!! But you have replaced Him with your Bible, and you are unwilling to come to Him for eternal life - right?

Or why else are you missing the fact that He speaks to us and why else are you refusing to accept that His sheep hear (not read but hear) His voice!!
This is a jumbled up load of nonsense, imo.

You are in great confusion ..and boy does it show...you start getting personal because I disagree with you.

The Bible is understood in the Spirit and not the intellect.

I would run from your teaching as imo, it’s all man made....full of nonsense....none of your words are biblical....

Your mind is a Merry go round of non biblical nonsense..you make it up as you go along.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You explained nothing, just your own merry go round of rambling that makes no sense..then you post random snippets of scripture to support your non biblical nonsense...thinking that scripture you post justifies what you are+talking about...well it doesn’t and I have every right to voice my opinion.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A piece of wood is not an idol until we make it one! And so neither is the ink on paper is not an idol until we make it one. And so the sacred writings that people made according to the what they heard from the Lord are also not an idol until we make them one. So we the object is unimportant but out thinking of them is what's important!

Jn 5:39,40 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

In the above verse, was not the Bible (Scriptures) the exact thing the Jews had put between them and God so as not to actually seek the Lord and listen to Him?

Clearly they were thinking their searching the Scriptures was giving the eternal life, according to Jesus (God's salvation) the Christ and our Lord God - so they were not actually seeking Him and what He has to say to them via the Holy Spirit. And it is the Holy Spirit bringing us His words that give us life, right?

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

Therefore the Bible is not meant to be an idol, but rather a textbook that the Lord teaches us from! But if we are not actually seeking the voice of our Teacher and getting His teachings, but instead do not seek Him for our instructions, teachings, and our eternal life, then we have made an idol out of our Bible, right?

Understanding, along with wisdom and knowledge comes from actually listening to Him, does it not?

Prov 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom; From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Yet when we go to church and listen to the words from the podium; is this made clear to us???

I remember actually watching one preacher from the podium lift a Bible up over His head and loudly exclaim that his Bible was the living and active "Word of God"! Was He right? Is not Jesus Christ the living and active Word of God whom we personally know like His sheep who actually hear His voice on those days called "Today"?

I came across a man in a thrift store who came up to me while I was looking at the isle of books there and ask me if I had seem a book on preaching the Word of God because he was called to do that. So I asked the man if He had talked to the Lord for a clearly idea of what He wanted, because I had seen many books that might help.

Then that man looked at me with a puzzled look, and inquired as to what I was talking about. To which I explained that of course the Lord speaks to us, so I was just asking about what specifically he had heard about this book he was looking for.

Then he asked me if I thought I could hear from the Lord. To which I responded of course. Abram heard from the Lord and so I could also,

That concept and statement made that man very upset, as he tried to explain to them that people do not hear from the Lord today!

Where did that man get this wrong idea, since he was thinking that he needed to preach the Word of God to be the Bible? Was it not at some Christian church bringing confusing statements from behind their podium?

I used some verse, calmly from the Bible right then and their in that thrift store to hopefully correct that man, but it only seem to make him more upset - so I walk away from him because he was getting very angry.

Then in the parking lot of that same thrift store I meet a man on the way to my car. That man wanted a dollar and I gave it to him, but I also asked this man begging on the street if he thought he ever heard from the Lord. He told me that He did hear from the Lord but too often got upset with the Lord because of the things that had happened in his life. He knew he needed to work on that and not get so upset with the Lord, and I got a blessing (God bless you) from that man.

So inside he thrift store I had found a angry mad that said he had to preach the Word of God but didn't believe in hearing from Jesus Christ, but outside I found a man that got angry with the Lord but believed in hearing from Jesus Christ.

So I have a question for anyone reading this thread:

Which one of the above men actually believed in Jesus Christ? So which one seems more likely to be saved, according to what is written in the Bible?

Jn 3: 16,17 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. “For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

Did we not read that many would come to Him saying how they did things in His name, but were going to be sent away because they never knew Him?

Mat 7:22,23 “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ “And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’

I know it is not mine to decide, but it sure seemed like the man looking for books to preach the Bible as the word of God did not know the Lord, and even the suggestion of that made him made. Whereas that homeless man outside the thrift store trying to beg for money did seems to know the Lord though he knew he got made at the Lord. So I believe the homeless beggar will not be judge for being angry with God, because he believes and does hear from the Lord - whereas it seems to me that the man with money to buy some books and was looking to preach "The Word of God" did not know the Lord so may not be forgiven for getting mad a me, a man trying to actually help him.

And from what I hear from our Lord Jesus Christ and the teachings He gives me and backs up with the Bible, it seems my thinking lines up with Him!
We need to hear from Him. He may well speak to us through what we are reading in the Bible, but truly without the Spirit, is what we read really Alive?
2co 3:5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
2co 3:6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We need to hear from Him. He may well speak to us through what we are reading in the Bible, but truly without the Spirit, is what we read really Alive?
2co 3:5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
2co 3:6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
Exactly!!!...well said....