Misunderstandings about hearing the Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, he does and has for me. Just because He doesn't for you, doesn't mean He won't for others.

Why don't you understand that the way you have a relationship with the Lord isn't the same way others' relationships are with the Lord?

You go from Christian board to Christian board saying the same thing over and over again. You are told over and over again that not everyone's relationship with God is the same. You don't ever listen to what people are telling you.

Really, because Jesus said, and it is recorded in the Scriptures:

Jn 6:63,64 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.
“But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him.

Maybe He meant to say, 'it is the Scriptures who gives life', and 'the words that I have spoken to you are ink on paper and are life'?

But if so then why did Jesus also tell the Jews:

Jn 5:39,40 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Your Bible seems to be a bit double minded if you ask me, but I have never heard it speak to me. He speaks to me and He is like that I read in the Bible!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh?? I l am listening to the picture of the Bible in the post but I have not heard a word from Him? I don't see it's mouth moving, nor see it walking, and though I have lots of Bibles that look similar, I have never seen them move of talk!
If you push PLAY you can at least hear it.
You're right though. That doesn't make it alive.
But it must be alive somehow...

Hebrews 4:12 NIV
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword,
it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow;
it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really, because Jesus said, and it is recorded in the Scriptures:

Jn 6:63,64 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.
“But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray Him.

Maybe He meant to say, 'it is the Scriptures who gives life', and 'the words that I have spoken to you are ink on paper and are life'?

But if so then why did Jesus also tell the Jews:

Jn 5:39,40 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

Your Bible seems to be a bit double minded if you ask me, but I have never heard it speak to me. He speaks to me and He is like that I read in the Bible!

It never changes and you never listen.

I have life as I went to Jesus and He is my saviour and He speaks to me through the Bible. Maybe you need to hear an audible voice to hear Him whereas others do not. That may be the reason why you have to hear Him audibly and others don't.

Everyone's relationship with Him is different, remember that.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He speaks to me through the Bible.
Agree.
Have you had the experience where something on the page stands out to you?
As if God wants you to see something specific?

That can happen for me with anything. But I first noticed it with the Bible.

/

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you push PLAY you can at least hear it.
You're right though. That doesn't make it alive.
But it must be alive somehow...

If I have to push play then it is not alive to be able to think and respond on it's own - and if you look at the next verse for context you will see that Heb 4:12 is talking about a person - and even in your verse (Heb 4:12 you can read that the word is able to think, judge, and have thoughts - so the word must be alive somehow and Jesus Christ is alive, but the Bible is not!!

The problem then is that some people are making an idol out of the Bible!!

People do that - they make idols! They take a piece of stone or wood and pretend that inanimate object is alive and so tell themselves "But is must be alive somehow.."

How foolish and silly such and thing is - and especially sense idolatry is exposed in the Bible and so especially is silly when the inanimate Bible is made to be an idol!!

When Jesus told the Jews - Jn 5:39,40 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

They were in fact making an idol out of the Scriptures by thinking the Scriptures were able to take the action needed to save them - instead of figuring out that Jesus Christ was alive and could speak, and He was the Word of God because He alone did and said only what the Father tells Him! He is able to divide your sould and spirit, joints and marrow, but the Bible can not think or take action.

His sheep hear His voice - we do that!! We His sheep do indeed hear Him talking to us via His Holy Spirit! So we can and do talk to Him about all the little things in our lives, because He never leaves us - so we really do hear His voice. Have you never ever heard about the small voice of the Lord? Did you never ever read about how the Lord speaks? Do you even comprehend that He is alive and well, because He rose again and sits on the throne as King over the Kingdom of God which is in our midst? You should have at least read that the Word of the Lord we preach is found near us, even in our mouth and in our hearts, so not in the pages of your Bible that you probably don't always have near you.

You read, but you don't understand. You make silly short comments, but they only show you don't know Him, and don't believe the very Scriptures you were searching! Did you not read:

Jn 5:46,47 “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me.
“But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?”

Jesus explained this problem to the Jews, and John made a record of it. Still people make the same mistake today as they did then. They make and idol out of the Bible - so don't do that!

While the Scriptures should be read, they also need to be believed otherwise you will not seek Jesus Christ and His voice, so you will not find Him. So indeed; How are you going to believe His words if you don't believe that we can hear from Him personally, like is explained in the Bible??

The Bible is capable of giving you the wisdom to find salvation which is through Him, but that does not mean a person reading the Bible did find Him and His salvation!! It is the Spirit who gives us life by giving us His words to hear and so to believe in Him! But the words of the Bible are ink on pages and not spiritual words that we pick up in our mouth.

That is why MANY will try and tell Him on that day that they did things in His name only to honestly be told by Him that He never knew them - and then be sent to a place - hell - that is a sad sad ending for them.

So repent now while you can and turn to Him and let Him into your life by hearing from Him who is just standing at the door trying to talk back and forth with you!

Rev 3:19,20 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.
‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

I am telling you truly, that He has a voice which comes through His Holy Spirit to our spirit, so we can seek Him, find Him, talk back and forth with HIm, and we can do that about every single little thing in our live! I love talking to Him about my son's soccer team, because I tend to be a soccer dad along with being a Christian.

So many good times I have had talking with the Lord. I remember that time when my son was playing at APU and the Lord told me that they were about to bring in a player that would make a big difference, and a big blond fuzzy headed kid came onto the pitch. He did indeed make a big difference and they won the game. This kid went on to play in the MLS, helping Columbus to Championship, then was traded to San Jose where He made even a bigger difference helping them to the best record in the MLS. They even gave away big fuzzy blonde wigs once to honor Steven Lenhart, who indeed made a big difference - and I personally heard it first from the Lord of Lords and King of Kings. The Bible didn't tell me that but the Lord can and will talk to you about all the little things in your life if you just quite pretending and start actually listening to Him!

Knowing the Lord makes life fun, interesting, and He will give you that knowing Him for eternity!! He is the living and active word of God if a person cares to believe in Him!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I have to push play then it is not alive to be able to think and respond on it's own - ...
It was a joke. (did you lose your sense of humor? - I can help you find it) - LOL
But @Ritajanice was correct in saying the Bible is alive and active.

/

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because people call the Scriptures the Word of God, they cause other people to think that when they read about "the word" in the Bible it means the Bible. Yet the Bible clearly calls Jesus Christ the Word of God - and that because He talks to people via His Holy Spirit.

Therefore, Christians have caused confusion in other Christians, and what spirit did that come from???

So it is that we find Christians thinking the Bible is alive and active as opposed to Jesus Christ - simply because we Christians did not seek the Lord and His voice in the first place!!!!

They claim they match up with the Bible and are righteous in their thinking when they are clearly going against what is written in the Bible, and that because they clearly are not listening to the Lord in the first place!!

And the weird part is that even those Christians that do hear from Him go along with this confusion, because they like the fact that both the Bible and the Lord are called by the same name - even though the confusion that results in it causes people to NOT seek our Lord Jesus Christ and what He has to say to them!!

The Lord once gave me this parable to show this problem - the parable is called two towns and shows how it is not illegal to have a word have two different meanings, but how it can cause terrible confusion, and people like that confusion even when it will mean death eternal for many!!

TWO TOWNS:

Once upon a time there was a town called Two because it had two people in the town. Now two miles away there was another town, called Too because it too had two people in the town. Now the two judges in the land came to Two and went to Too too because they wanted to judge whether Two or Too should be required to change their name. The judges decided to hold court at two in Too in two days.

So, in two days the two judges with the two of Two travel the two miles to Too. So at two in Too the two judges and the two of Too and the two of Two too held the hearing,

Of course it didn’t take but two minutes to decide that since neither of the two towns had the same name there was nothing that could be done. So at two after two both the two of Too and the two of Two hugged the two judges because the two of Too and the two of Two loved the names of Two and Too too.

The End

So, there is no law against two different things to having the same name. It’s ok to call Jesus the “Word of God”, and the Scriptures the “Word of God” too, but Jesus is the Word of God that we preach. Remember, there were two different towns! Only those living with Jesus Christ as their Lord go to heaven!!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It was a joke. (did you lose your sense of humor? - I can help you find it) - LOL
But @Ritajanice was correct in saying the Bible is alive and active.

/
He talks unbiblical nonsense imo...that’s why I have nothing further to discuss with him...LOL.

Well, you know the word of God is Alive and Active..you explain that, which was fully understood by me.

He doesn’t even know what Born Again like you and I understand what it means....I’m not being mean...I’m just voicing my opinion...like he does...I think he has a lot of muddled confusion going on in his head.

I get the same said about me.....LOL.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you not understand what this means? Jesus is telling them that they look in the scripture to find their eternal life, and it is these very scriptures that testify of Him, and they cant see it. Hence the unwillingness..

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He talks unbiblical nonsense imo...that’s why I have nothing further to discuss with him...LOL.

Well, you know the word of God is Alive and Active..you explain that, which was fully understood by me.

He doesn’t even know what Born Again like you and I understand what it means....I’m not being mean...I’m just voicing my opinion...like he does...I think he has a lot of muddled confusion going on in his head.

I get the same said about me.....LOL.

Born again means you hear the sound of the wind (Holy Spirit) and it means you testify to that as the Word of God - and that is according to the Bible!!

Jn 3:4-11Nicodemus *said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born, can he?”
Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
“That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
“Do not be amazed that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’
“The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
Nicodemus said to Him, “How can these things be?”
Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel and do not understand these things?
“Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony.

I copied that section of the Bible which explains what being "born again" is actually like!!

It is hearing the words of the Lord via the Holy Spirit because the Holy Spirit is sent to with His words. We then how actualy know the Lord via the Holy Spirit then testify about that. Yet some do not accept our testimony - so they say things like the Bible talks to me and the Bible is alive and active - as opposed to testifying to the Holy Spirit speaking to them personally the word the Word of God (Jesus Christ) has for them.

So are you a teacher of the Law and you don't understand this?

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born again means you hear the sound of the wind (Holy Spirit) and it means you testify to that as the Word of God - and that is according to the Bible!!

Oy vey!

That is not what that scripture means. Do some hear the sound of the wind when born again, sure, buy it doesn't mean it happens all the time.

I've been born again, didn't hear the sound of the wind when it happened.

The sound of the wind was an example

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oy vey!

That is not what that scripture means. Do some hear the sound of the wind when born again, sure, buy it doesn't mean it happens all the time.

The sound of the wind was an examp
Oy vey!

The sound of the wind was an example
Yes, you are right, therefore I deleted my post to him...

Yes, when they say the wind, it means the Holy Spirit is like the wind, you can’t see him or know where he is going to.

You certainly know when you have been Born Of The Spirit...even though we can’t see him, he testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children...biblical...Spirit gives birth to spirit...our spirit is Born Again.

Reactions: Pearl

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I do understand that. (the word of God is Alive and Active)
But this topic is focused on hearing from God.
Which you don't seem to understand, or at a minimum are limiting to Bible reading.

I would venture to say that you ARE hearing from God. But you may not realize it.
What do you think would happen if you answered Him? You should try it.

/

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I do understand that. (the word of God is Alive and Active)
But this topic is focused on hearing from God.
Which you don't seem to understand, or at a minimum are limiting to Bible reading.

I would venture to say that you ARE hearing from God. But you may not realize it.
What do you think would happen if you answered Him? You should try it.

/
Darling, I hear from God all of the time, he taken up residence in my spirit...I talk to God all day every day....I’m the loony in the neighbourhood...I LOVE being a loony for God....hehehe...little do they know....

Try not to assume that of another , which you have absolutely no heart knowledge of.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Darling, I hear from God all of the time, he taken up residence in my spirit...I talk to God all day every day....I’m the loony in the neighbourhood...I LOVE being a loony for God....hehehe...little do they know....

Try not to assume that of another , which you have absolutely no heart knowledge of.
Okay.
You were taking a position against @Karl Peters so I came to the wrong conclusion.
And I thought that's what I recalled from earlier posts. My bad. Might be confusing you with that other cat.

At my age... I can't even remember what color socks I had for breakfast. - LOL

/

• Haha
Reactions: Ritajanice