Misunderstandings about hearing the Lord

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you have visions and dreams...how does the Holy Spirit speak to you?
The same way you speak to a person. The first the Holy Spirit said to me "go to church". Simple. He tells you what you need to know. Its not for anyone else. Then a vision tells me what is coming in the future. Dreams are for future events and personal knowledge. The future events are unfolding right now. I knew I was going to get Covid, the Holy Spirit told me I would.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Born Again will always Glorify the Father...we Glorify the Father because the Holy Spirit lives in our hearts.

A Born Again does works..

I refuse to answer you post above...why....because those are your words..they are not words from God...

Quote scripture...then I will engage with you....there is nothing scriptural in your post above...

Ephesians
Chapter 2​

Bible Options | + Text Size

1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
2Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
3Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
11Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
21In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
22In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
If God plants the seed in his child’s heart a Born Again....where he testifies with their spirit that they are a child of God/ Born Again ...then his seed will most definitely grow into a fruit bearing tree.

It is sad reading what you write. Did you not even notice where you wrote "Where he testifies with their spirit that they are a child of God"

But you have not testimony! You say I didn't back up what I said with Scriptures, when I did. Then you say that you posted "a ton" of scriptures, but when did Jesus quote so many scriptures when talking to people? So you boast in your quoting Scripture and then don't quote to back up what you say, and I point to a handful of Scriptures that contradict what you say and ask you to listen to Him, and you come back saying, "I refuse to answer you"

Ok, that is your option. But you will have to answer Him. It is ok that you don't have it all figured out now, but it is not ok that you don't seek Him now. That is where we get our misunderstandings of God. And honestly, I don't need you to answer me, but we all need you to talk to Him, right? Or maybe you just think that is my words?? I probably need to add a few hundred Scriptures right now? There is not much room left though, so left me just say that it is written "Hear O Israel". That is a command, and you can find it in the Bible, in several place, and "listen" with goes to Him in a lot more places. And I tell you that if you seek Him you will find Him, right? Or maybe you think that is just my thinking if I tell you something that He tells me? So how to you ask someone saying they hear from Him: "How can you have visions and dreams...how does the Holy Spirit speak to you?"

Don't you know that answer?

"You quoted some Scriptures, even so many that you took pride in quoting them, and did they not explain that we hear from Him via the Holy Spirit who bringing His words to our spirit." --- I put the prior in quotes because I specifically asked Him what I should write to you, like you asked.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thats right . even paul wrote about how we ought to GLORIFY GOD . SOUND it out sister .
Sound it out to the last breath . And let all that has breath PRAISE and THANK the GLORIOUS LORD
We are all learning, Brother....I must say he’s taught me quite a bit through you.

It just needed to penetrate my heart.

He said....there is NO NAME above his name.

My words count for NOTHING.

Only His words of Spirit and truth.....have power....MIGHTY POWER!!!

Keep telling us how IMPORTANT it is to get in them BIBLES!!!

In Jesus Name....Amen!!

I’m learning every single day!.......the Holy words of God....

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is sad reading what you write. Did you not even notice where you wrote "Where he testifies with their spirit that they are a child of God"

But you have not testimony! You say I didn't back up what I said with Scriptures, when I did. Then you say that you posted "a ton" of scriptures, but when did Jesus quote so many scriptures when talking to people? So you boast in your quoting Scripture and then don't quote to back up what you say, and I point to a handful of Scriptures that contradict what you say and ask you to listen to Him, and you come back saying, "I refuse to answer you"

Ok, that is your option. But you will have to answer Him. It is ok that you don't have it all figured out now, but it is not ok that you don't seek Him now. That is where we get our misunderstandings of God. And honestly, I don't need you to answer me, but we all need you to talk to Him, right? Or maybe you just think that is my words?? I probably need to add a few hundred Scriptures right now? There is not much room left though, so left me just say that it is written "Hear O Israel". That is a command, and you can find it in the Bible, in several place, and "listen" with goes to Him in a lot more places. And I tell you that if you seek Him you will find Him, right? Or maybe you think that is just my thinking if I tell you something that He tells me? So how to you ask someone saying they hear from Him: "How can you have visions and dreams...how does the Holy Spirit speak to you?"

Don't you know that answer?

"You quoted some Scriptures, even so many that you took pride in quoting them, and did they not explain that we hear from Him via the Holy Spirit who bringing His words to our spirit." --- I put the prior in quotes because I specifically asked Him what I should write to you, like you asked.

Chapter 26​

Bible Options | + Text Size

1As snow in summer, and as rain in harvest, so honour is not seemly for a fool.
2As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come.
3A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back.
4Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.
5Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.
6He that sendeth a message by the hand of a fool cutteth off the feet, and drinketh damage.
7The legs of the lame are not equal: so is a parable in the mouth of fools.
8As he that bindeth a stone in a sling, so is he that giveth honour to a fool.
9As a thorn goeth up into the hand of a drunkard, so is a parable in the mouth of fools.
10 The great God that formed all things both rewardeth the fool, and rewardeth transgressors.
11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
12 Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.
13 The slothful man saith, There is a lion in the way; a lion is in the streets.
14 As the door turneth upon his hinges, so doth the slothful upon his bed.
15 The slothful hideth his hand in his bosom; it grieveth him to bring it again to his mouth.
16The sluggard is wiser in his own conceit than seven men that can render a reason.
17He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him, is like one that taketh a dog by the ears.
18As a mad man who casteth firebrands, arrows, and death,
19So is the man that deceiveth his neighbour, and saith, Am not I in sport?
20Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.
21As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to kindle strife.
22The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.
23Burning lips and a wicked heart are like a potsherd covered with silver dross.
24He that hateth dissembleth with his lips, and layeth up deceit within him;
25When he speaketh fair, believe him not: for there are seven abominations in his heart.
26Whose hatred is covered by deceit, his wickedness shall be shewed before the whole congregation.
27Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him.
28A lying tongue hateth those that are afflicted by it; and a flattering mouth worketh ruin.

• Love

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats right . even paul wrote about how we ought to GLORIFY GOD . SOUND it out sister .
Sound it out to the last breath . And let all that has breath PRAISE and THANK the GLORIOUS LORD

If you glorify Him, should you not listen to Him?

And if you listen to Him do you not glorify Him?

Yet some glorify God but do not listen to Him!!

So it is that we see people glorifying god who do not know Him! Even people doing the most evil things found around today say "GOD IS GREAT", but we who know Him preach the Word of God, meaning we need to listen to Him!

So what are you proclaiming?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all learning, Brother....I must say he’s taught me quite a bit through you.

It just needed to penetrate my heart.

He said....there is NO NAME above his name.

My words count for NOTHING.

Only His words of Spirit and truth.....have power....MIGHTY POWER!!!

Keep telling us how IMPORTANT it is to get in them BIBLES!!!

In Jesus Name....Amen!!

I’m learning every single day!.......the Holy words of God....
Dance a jig of praise with thanksgiving to the LORD my friend. Let us stay glued in the scriptures for our learning
and let us grow in the grace of GOD . March onwards in the LORD my friend .
This is an all out war for the soul of men in these last hours upon the earth . THE LAMBS GONNA POINT TO JESUS CHRIST
and all biblical doctrine whereby one may grow wise through faith in JESUS CHRIST .
Now hit the trenches for the hour grows late . Paradise awaits the lambs at the end of our faith .
A home awaits the lambs , ONE WE NEVER EARNED NOR DESERVED , BUT THAT JESUS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO DO BELIEVE .
ITS JESUS , ITS GOD we ought to be praising n thanking NON STOP . SO lift those hands up and let all that draws breath
praise the glorious LORD . Our home awaits us , the HOME THE KING PREPARED for the peoples . PRAISE the LORD .
New heavens and new earth is a coming . THE KING be praised and to HE be all the glory . STAY DUG IN THE BIBLE my friend
for many decievers do abound in these last hours upon earth .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Dance a jig of praise with thanksgiving to the LORD my friend. Let us stay glued in the scriptures for our learning
and let us grow in the grace of GOD . March onwards in the LORD my friend .
This is an all out war for the soul of men in these last hours upon the earth . THE LAMBS GONNA POINT TO JESUS CHRIST
and all biblical doctrine whereby one may grow wise through faith in JESUS CHRIST .
Now hit the trenches for the hour grows late . Paradise awaits the lambs at the end of our faith .
A home awaits the lambs , ONE WE NEVER EARNED NOR DESERVED , BUT THAT JESUS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO DO BELIEVE .
ITS JESUS , ITS GOD we ought to be praising n thanking NON STOP . SO lift those hands up and let all that draws breath
praise the glorious LORD . Our home awaits us , the HOME THE KING PREPARED for the peoples . PRAISE the LORD .
New heavens and new earth is a coming . THE KING be praised and to HE be all the glory . STAY DUG IN THE BIBLE my friend
for many decievers do abound in these last hours upon earth .
Amen!!....Brother.

John

Previous Chapter

John.10​

[1] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
[2] But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
[3] To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
[4] And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
[5] And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
[6] This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.
[7] Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
[8] All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
[9] I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
[10] The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
[11] I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
[12] But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
[13] The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
[14] I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
[15] As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
[16] And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
[17] Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
[18] No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
[19] There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.
[20] And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?
[21] Others said, These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?
[22] And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.
[23] And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.
[24] Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
[25] Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
[26] But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
[27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
[28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
[29] My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
[30] I and my Father are one.
[31] Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
[32] Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
[33] The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
[34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
[35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
[36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
[37] If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
[38] But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
[39] Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,
[40] And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode.
[41] And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true.
[42] And many believed on him there

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you glorify Him, should you not listen to Him?

And if you listen to Him do you not glorify Him?

Yet some glorify God but do not listen to Him!!

So it is that we see people glorifying god who do not know Him! Even people doing the most evil things found around today say "GOD IS GREAT", but we who know Him preach the Word of God, meaning we need to listen to Him!

So what are you proclaiming?
I DO . Ps dont forget to TEST THE SPIRITS . cause many do claim to hear from GOD , but IT AINT GOD , IT AINT CHRIST
they are hearing from . By grace I DO TEST the spirits and many HAVE FAILED THE MARK .
what is the mark . JESUS CHRIST , HIS WORDS , THE TRUTH OF THE LORD . if it fails that , IT WONT BE HEEDED by this lamb .
PEROID . PEROID . and i pray to GOD , who gives me strength and knowlege and all things , I NEVER DO heed a false spirit .
HE is able to keep us . ONLY MOST dont KNOW HIM and are operating under head knowlege about another jesus
and by another spirit which IS CONTRADICTING HIS WORDS . thus IT WONT BE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDED PEROID by this lamb .
GET A FACEFULL OF BIBLE is my call to all and learn THEM WORDS and test all who do speak BY THEM WORDS .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!!....Brother.

John

Previous Chapter

John.10​

[1] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
[2] But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
[3] To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
[4] And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
[5] And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
[6] This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.
[7] Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
[8] All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
[9] I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
[10] The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
[11] I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
[12] But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
[13] The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
[14] I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
[15] As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
[16] And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
[17] Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
[18] No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
[19] There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.
[20] And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?
[21] Others said, These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?
[22] And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.
[23] And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.
[24] Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
[25] Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
[26] But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
[27] My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
[28] And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
[29] My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
[30] I and my Father are one.
[31] Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
[32] Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
[33] The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
[34] Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
[35] If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
[36] Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?
[37] If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
[38] But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.
[39] Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,
[40] And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode.
[41] And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true.
[42] And many believed on him there
FLOOD THIS PLACE and all places WITH THE HOLY TRUTH . Time is running out .
I know most will mock that , but i tell us all time is indeed running out the signs of the times are quite clear as to what days
these be that we are living in right now . Just remember THE HOME that awaits the lambs at the end of our faith .
PARADISE FOREVER WITH HE WHO SAVED US . point to CHRIST to the last breath .

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we don't seek Him and listen to Him, we wind up misunderstanding things. Now we don't listen to Him like we should, but we should realize that and start seeking Him again.

On this site we see it made about praising Him, but real praise comes from listening to Him. Many praise God but don't listen to Him, and there is probably no better example than what we are hearing in the news today.

We quote scriptures out of pride instead of to get people seeking and listening to the Lord our God, and fail to see it.

I was once told, "We don't use the Lord to preach the Scriptures, we use the Scriptures to preach the Lord." and I try to remember that anytime I post. It is not about the Scriptures, it is not about praising God, but it is about knowing Him personally!!!!

Yeah, if you know Him you will praise Him, but you are not going to go out to rape, mutilate, and commit terror, are you? Yet they praise God and say He is Great, though they don't know Him. And the Pharisees, and Satan himself quoted Scripture, even to Jesus, but they didn't listen to Him so they misunderstood that it is about knowing the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

I don't get everything right either, but He keeps telling me to turn people to Him and get them seeking Him and trying to hear from Him - yet it is clear that not everyone understands that is what we need to do - listen to Him!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, if you know Him you will praise Him, but you are not going to go out to rape, mutilate, and commit terror, are you? Yet they praise God and say He is Great, though they don't know Him. And the Pharisees, and Satan himself quoted Scripture, even to Jesus, but they didn't listen to Him so they misunderstood that it is about knowing the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
I hope you are not comparing anyone here to this ^

Are you??

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Don’t you just LOVE hearing the LIVING word of GOD.

1 John 3
Berean Standard Bible Par ▾
Children of God
1Behold what manner of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God. And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him. 2Beloved, we are now children of God, and what we will be has not yet been revealed. We know that when Christ appears,a we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is. 3And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as Christ is pure.b
4Everyone who practices sin practices lawlessness as well. Indeed, sin is lawlessness.c 5But you know that Christ appeared to take away sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6No one who remains in Him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has seen Him or known Him.
7Little children,d let no one deceive you: The one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as Christ is righteous.e 8The one who practices sin is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the very start. This is why the Son of God was revealed, to destroy the works of the devil.
9Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10By this the children of God are distinguished from the children of the devil: Anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is anyone who does not love his brother.
Love One Another
(John 13:31–35; Romans 12:9–13)
11This is the message you have heard from the beginning: We should love one another. 12Do not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and murdered his brother. And why did Cain slay him? Because his own deeds were evil, while those of his brother were righteous. 13So do not be surprised, brothers, if the world hates you.
14We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. The one who does not love remains in death. 15Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that eternal life does not reside in a murderer.
16By this we know what love is: Jesus laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. 17If anyone with earthly possessions sees his brother in need, but withholds his compassion from him, how can the love of God abide in him?
18Little children, let us love not in word and speech, but in action and truth. 19And by this we will know that we belong to the truth, and will assure our hearts in His presence: 20Even if our hearts condemn us, God is greater than our hearts, and He knows all things.
21Beloved, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God,22and we will receive from Him whatever we ask, because we keep His commandments and do what is pleasing in His sight. 23And this is His commandment: that we should believe in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and we should love one another just as He commanded us. 24Whoever keeps His commandments remains in God, and God in him. And by this we know that He remains in us: by the Spirit He has given us.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's encouraging. ???

/

When someone states "No one can prove God spoke to them."

That is not encouraging, is it.

It sounds a bit like that snake whose first recorded words in the Bible were, "Did God really say".

Yet we don't have to prove God spoke to us. We indeed live by faith, a belief that He is there to speak to us. That belief means we seek Him and hear what He says to us. It is written that all those who seek find, and so it is. That doesn't mean the Holy Spirit is the only spirit around, but it does mean that all those who seek find, and we seek Him to hear by faith what He tells us.

It is that faith in Jesus Christ, that He is there to speak to us, that He is faithful, that He loves us so that He will talk to us, teach us, even reprove us as needed, that leads us to continue to seek Him, and thus not listen to the snake in the garden who says "Did God really say", and he does that evil in many ways like saying "No one can prove God spoke to them.", or perhaps "How can you have visions and dreams...how does the Holy Spirit speak to you?". So many crafty ways the devil tries and get us to quesion our faith in Him, Jesus Christ our Lord.

So it is St. SteVen, that I like your posts! Like:

Do you actually need proof that ANYONE can hear God;s voice?

No we don't need that proved because we believe He talks to us, and if us then ANYONE, right? And that is what is written:

Rev 3:20 ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

So we don't need proof that ANYONE, including us and even them if they believe in Him, can hear God's voice. Yet if they believe why are they questioning it???

I don't know how long you have known the Lord, but I can see from what you write that you have a better understanding that so many others posting here have. It seems clear that you understand that ANYONE, including anyone, can hear from Him if only they open up to them. I love your posts!!

Reactions: St. SteVen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't get everything right either, but He keeps telling me to turn people to Him and get them seeking Him and trying to hear from Him - yet it is clear that not everyone understands that is what we need to do - listen to Him!
You can listen to the voice in your mind, but if you don't have the foundation of His written Word, you won't whether it's right or not.

You need to know the Scriptures, they are able to make you wise unto salvation.

I hope you will meditate on this passage:

2 Timothy 3:13-17 KJV
13) But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14) But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15) And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17) That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
See how God speaks to us....

1 Peter 4
Berean Standard Bible Par ▾
Living for God’s Glory
(1 Corinthians 10:23–33)
1Therefore, since Christ suffereda in His body, arm yourselves with the same resolve, because anyone who has suffered in his body is done with sin.2Consequently, he does not live out his remaining time on earth for human passions, but for the will of God. 3For you have spent enough time in the past carrying out the same desires as the Gentiles: living in debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing, and detestable idolatry.
4Because of this, they consider it strange of you not to plunge with them into the same flood of reckless indiscretion, and they heap abuse on you. 5But they will have to give an account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead.6That is why the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead,b so that they might be judged as men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
7The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear-minded and sober, so that you can pray. 8Above all, love one another deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.c 9Show hospitality to one another without complaining.
10As good stewards of the manifold grace of God, each of you should use whatever gift he has received to serve one another. 11If anyone speaks, he should speak as one conveying the words of God. If anyone serves, he should serve with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen.
Suffering as Christians
12Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial that has come upon you, as though something strange were happening to you. 13But rejoice that you share in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed at the revelation of His glory.
14If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you.d 15Indeed, none of you should suffer as a murderer or thief or wrongdoer, or even as a meddler. 16But if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but glorify God that you bear that name.e 17For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who disobey the gospel of God? 18And,
“If it is hard for the righteous to be saved,
what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?”f
19So then, those who suffer according to God’s will should entrust their souls to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sounds a bit like that snake whose first recorded words in the Bible were, "Did God really say".
Yet I can ask you with all fairness, Did God really say that? What you've said?

So for instance, was this God's bad grammar? I guess so! Hm.

Much love!

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

1 Corinthians 2:14-3:9

King James Version

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.
3 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

• Love