Modern day miracles

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a habit of jumping to wholly unfounded conclusions then deep diving into the shallow end with rants unsupported by any truth whatsoever.

I never said anything of the sort nor do I believe that.

I was talking about discernment of "miracles" in an age where we are guaranteed false miracles ( which is a scriptural requirement and warning)

Perhaps you might profit from reading a Bible then getting someone to explain it to you.

And no one "stole" ( or attempted) to "steal" your testimony
Accusing me of what you do....smh

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Accusing me of what you do....smh

You say much but actually produce little of any legitimate substance.

How about specifically and exactly give an example of every point you have falsely stated against me.

I'm not accusing you- your own baseless words are doing a much better job of that than I could.

You talk much but say little so point out the specific errors and attacks you "claim" to see and of course give the "correct' answers from Scripture to validate your points.

I welcome legitimate correction and you have made the false claims so now its time to produce them. Your hand is called.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words you just believe because its your private belief thing and because of that your 'miracles" are exempt from written biblical requirements because of your feelings? I say that because thats the only grounds you have

You start out..."In other words".....and then tell me why I believe....and then accuse the miracles I have had as exempt from biblical requirements because of my feelings?.... WHAT feelings are you talking about....
And not ONCE did you ask what miracle I received.

You have a habit of telling people how to think and feel.....and a bad habit of falsely accusing them of what you have deceptively accused them of doing or trying to do.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You start out..."In other words".....and then tell me why I believe....and then accuse the miracles I have had as exempt from biblical requirements because of my feelings?.... WHAT feelings are you talking about....
And not ONCE did you ask what miracle I received.

Did you even context read the ongoing discussion before you broke in with your ranting?

You have a habit of telling people how to think and feel.....and a bad habit of falsely accusing them of what you have deceptively accused them of doing or trying to do.

I dont tell anyone how to think or feel. i simply point out mis translations and other things in a neutral manner. ( which have yet to be refuted by any legitimate scripture I might add)

I would like you to point out any post on this board where I 'accuse" anyone of anything (in the context you are using it)

You make lots of words now please produce some substance to back some of them up.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you even context read the ongoing discussion before you broke in with your ranting?

I dont tell anyone how to think or feel. i simply point out mis translations and other things in a neutral manner. ( which have yet to be refuted by any legitimate scripture I might add)

I would like you to point out any post on this board where I 'accuse" anyone of anything (in the context you are using it)

You make lots of words now please produce some substance to back some of them up.
A mouth of deceit can pave many roads.....
Too many twists and turns....

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This OP reminded me of many years ago... about 30... I took a very long bus ride from Saskatchewan to Denver... to visit the site of apparent visions of Mary... I can't remember the ladies names who were apparently getting the visions... but it was a THING...

I think many so called miracles are hoaxes... Getting visions of Our Lady does not seem to benefit anyone in my opinion. There were no healings...
only a bunch of people gathered around two ladies who apparently received visitations from Mother Mary.

Miracles are always for the GLORY of GOD... In this day and age... so called miracles seem to be a platform for the Name it, Claim it crowd who seem to think they only need to BELIEVE to RECEIVE.

I believe miracles absolutely still exist... but I think this GIFT has been highly abused by some religious movements.

My humble opinion.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This OP reminded me of many years ago... about 30... I took a very long bus ride from Saskatchewan to Denver... to visit the site of apparent visions of Mary... I can't remember the ladies names who were apparently getting the visions... but it was a THING...

I think many so called miracles are hoaxes... Getting visions of Our Lady does not seem to benefit anyone in my opinion. There were no healings...
only a bunch of people gathered around two ladies who apparently received visitations from Mother Mary.

Miracles are always for the GLORY of GOD... In this day and age... so called miracles seem to be a platform for the Name it, Claim it crowd who seem to think they only need to BELIEVE to RECEIVE.

I believe miracles absolutely still exist... but I think this GIFT has been highly abused by some religious movements.

My humble opinion.
I had a vision of a Heavenly Mother and a Heavenly Father. It was a personal visit and they gave me a private message about my salvation. I often wonder if the Heavenly Mother was Mary. I think it might be to bold for me to assume visitations were meant for more than the recipient. As if individuals aren't important enough to receive private visitations.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't ask for stories, testimonies or claims ( you can get plenty of those with aliens, big foot and Nessie sometimes with footprints and fuzzy pictures too), I asked specifically for researched cases with actual evidence vetted by proper authority and published.

Got any of those?

Thanks
This is thread was started by @GaryAnderson Why should he abide by your requirements in describing what he wishes?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I see, I don’t have those, the closest case you’re looking for is probably the Pam Reynolds NDE case ( Pam Reynolds case - Wikipedia ) which was Strictly under a medical setting which raises the questions: What is consciousness? A by-product of the brain or something independent?
But this isn’t the intention of this topic. I’d like to hear more personal testimonies just like when people were inspired to write testimonies of Jesus when he was alive. If you have anything like that, I’m curious to know.
If you want to present these or have people present them without someone trying to refute them, I would suggest using the Testimonial Forum. I believe the moderators would be on your side and stop anyone from trying to force a debate.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is thread was started by @GaryAnderson Why should he abide by your requirements in describing what he wishes?
Perhaps sheepdog should start his own miracle authentication program if he desires to continue to doubt peoples testimonies. Personally I wouldn't put any effort into that program myself. I just like to hear about other peoples miracles. Its a pleasant thing to hear about how God does good in peoples lives.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's the miracle of the sun for anyone interested in large audience miracles. It's a pretty interesting mircacle: Miracle of the Sun - Wikipedia

The Miracle of the Sun (Portuguese: Milagre do Sol), also known as the Miracle of Fátima, is a series of events reported to have occurred miraculously on 13 October 1917, attended by a large crowd who had gathered in Fátima, Portugal, in response to a prophecy made by three shepherd children, Lúcia Santos and Francisco and Jacinta Marto. The prophecy was that the Virgin Mary (referred to as Our Lady of Fátima), would appear and perform miracles on that date. Newspapers published testimony from witnesses who said that they had seen extraordinary solar activity, such as the Sun appearing to "dance" or zig-zag in the sky, careen towards the Earth, or emit multicolored light and radiant colors. According to these reports, the event lasted approximately ten minutes.

The local bishop opened a canonical investigation of the event in November 1917, to review witness accounts and assess whether the alleged private revelations from Mary were compatible with Catholic theology. The local priest conducting the investigation was particularly convinced by the concurring testimony of extraordinary solar phenomena from secular reporters, government officials, and other skeptics in attendance.[1] Bishop José da Silva declared the miracle "worthy of belief" on 13 October 1930, permitting "officially the cult of Our Lady of Fatima" within the Catholic Church.[2]

At a gathering on 13 October 1951 at Fátima, the papal legate, Cardinal Federico Tedeschini, told the million people attending that on 30 October, 31 October, 1 November, and 8 November 1950, Pope Pius XII himself witnessed the miracle of the Sun from the Vatican gardens.[3][4] The early and enduring interest in the miracle and related prophecies has had a significant impact on the devotional practices of many Catholics.[5]

There has been much analysis of the event from critical sociological and scientific perspectives. According to critics, the eyewitness testimony was actually a collection of inconsistent and contradictory accounts. Proposed alternative explanations include witnesses being deceived by their senses due to prolonged staring at the Sun and then seeing something unusual as expected.[6][7][8][9][10][11][12]

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are a few more stories from the Church in Taylor, Pennsylvania.

A man had a massive heart attack while in the church. Two nurses who were present rushed over to him and began to do CPR, while others called 911. As the nurses tried to revive him, he showed no pulse, stopped breathing and actually died. While waiting the few minutes for the ambulance to arrive, Fr. Mark Leisure, the priest of St. George Orthodox Church in Taylor, PA took the myrrh-flowing, miraculous icon of the Virgin Mary and held it over the man so that the fragrant myrrh would drip from the icon onto the chest of the man. Immediately, the dead man took a deep breath, opened his eyes, and began singing “Mary, Mother of God Save Me.” By the time the paramedics arrived, he was sitting up and didn’t think he needed to go to the hospital, even though they insisted that he get checked.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every Wednesday night for the past three years, Fr. Mark and his community have a special prayer service to the Virgin Mary in front of this icon. Also Every Monday night, Fr. Mark has a Questions and Answer session in his church. Hundreds and hundreds come every Wednesday. Several dozen come on Mondays, asking questions.

One stranger began to attend on Mondays, and at one point stood up and said, “These icons in the Church are against Allah. They are idolatry.” He argued that Allah was not pleased with these icons. After attending for a few weeks, this man from Iran finally approached the icon.
Fr. Mark admitted that everyone was tense because he wasn’t sure what the man was going to do. Over the past three years, Fr. Mark has seen someone pull out a knife and try to stab the icon; others have tried to smash it; some have spit on it; and one person even vomited over the protective case. The man from Iran approached and stood motionless in front of the icon covered with fragrant myrrh. Fr. Mark said the man was like in a trance, and it seemed like a battle was going on in his mind. Slowly a tear formed in his eyes, and he began to cry. He kissed the icon. As he walked out of the church, he stopped by the candle stand and wrote something in the sand in Arabic. Since no one could read Arabic, the priest took a picture of what he wrote and got someone to translate it. The man wrote, “Jesus Christ is Lord.” Several months later this man was baptized and is now a pious Christian.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bishop Gregory of Nyssa, the head of the Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Archdiocese under whom St. George Church lies, worked for more than 20 years in the field of Cardiovascular Research at Carolinas Medical Center in Charoltte, NC. He has authored or co-authored more than 100 articles, abstracts and book chapters. When he first saw the icon, Fr. Mark shared how the bishop sat in front of the icon for an hour just looking at it. After an hour, he began crying and reflected, “My scientific mind cannot grasp how this is happening. How an icon painted on wood can exude myrrh. Yet my mind of faith gives glory to God for this miracle.”

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One time I had an eye infection that was getting worse and worse and my eyes had shut and I couldn't see. So I asked that the church priest would come and bless me with a healing. He prayed over me and laid hands on my head. Immediately afterwards I saw a vision while praying of a lion with black eyes. Immediately tears began to flow from my eyes and my eyes opened and healed and I was OK from there on. It was a miracle. God is great and can heal us.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should point out that for the healing that I was part of I fasted and prayed for 3 days. I did that twice and two people were healed. I'm not sure if the Lord answered my fasting and prayer directly. But I don't think it hurts to fast and pray for your own healing or others when needed. And one time before I was Christian I fasted and cried to the Lord for about three days also and I felt a darkness leave my soul and from that time I have been growing spiritually into receiving the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 17

18And Jesus rebuked him, and the demon came out of him, and the boy was cured at once. 19Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not drive it out?” 20And He said to them, “Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. 21[“But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”]