Modern day miracles

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The following is a testimony of the father of my old pastor, as my pastor told it to me:

His father was a full blooded Chippewa Indian from London, Ontario, Canada who served in the armed forces of Canada in World War One. He returned from France with life-threatening lung problems caused by Chlorine gas inhaled during his military duty in France. The seriousness of his condition made him very despondent and while walking the streets of London, Ontario, Canada feeling sorry for himself, he heard music coming from a building on Dumbas Street. Wanting to know what it was about he went inside to investigate. It was a revival service. His only previous religious background was what his parents had taught him according to old beliefs of the Chippewa tribe.

He went into that Christian revival meeting during which he repented of his sins. Shortly thereafter in March of 1919 he was baptized in the very cold Thames River in Ontario. A short time later he returned to see his physician, Dr. [name omitted purposely], who showed him the latest X-Rays of his lungs.

The doctor said, "When I first took X-Rays, one of your lungs had been completely destroyed by the gas and the other lung was severely damaged. Today the X-Ray shows you have two new lungs, and I don't understand it!"

The newly converted and now healed man was soon singing gospel songs on a Canadian street corner. Across the street a Salvation Army group including [name purposely omitted] was also singing. Those two young people met there on the street and were later married. They became the parents of my old pastor, now aged 96 years.

That healed Canadian Indian soon became a preacher/teacher of the gospel himself working in Canada and the United States. And while he never claimed a gift of healing himself, he gained a reputation among those who attended his meetings as "the Indian Healer". Many people would come to his meetings to prayed for...and quite a number them receive what anyone would call miraculous healings from God.

Give God the glory!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The following is a testimony of the father of my old pastor, as my pastor told it to me:

His father was a full blooded Chippewa Indian from London, Ontario, Canada who served in the armed forces of Canada in World War One. He returned from France with life-threatening lung problems caused by Chlorine gas inhaled during his military duty in France. The seriousness of his condition made him very despondent and while walking the streets of London, Ontario, Canada feeling sorry for himself, he heard music coming from a building on Dumbas Street. Wanting to know what it was about he went inside to investigate. It was a revival service. His only previous religious background was what his parents had taught him according to old beliefs of the Chippewa tribe.

He went into that Christian revival meeting during which he repented of his sins. Shortly thereafter in March of 1919 he was baptized in the very cold Thames River in Ontario. A short time later he returned to see his physician, Dr. [name omitted purposely], who showed him the latest X-Rays of his lungs.

The doctor said, "When I first took X-Rays, one of your lungs had been completely destroyed by the gas and the other lung was severely damaged. Today the X-Ray shows you have two new lungs, and I don't understand it!"

The newly converted and now healed man was soon singing gospel songs on a Canadian street corner. Across the street a Salvation Army group including [name purposely omitted] was also singing. Those two young people met there on the street and were later married. They became the parents of my old pastor, now aged 96 years.

That healed Canadian Indian soon became a preacher/teacher of the gospel himself working in Canada and the United States. And while he never claimed a gift of healing himself, he gained a reputation among those who attended his meetings as "the Indian Healer". Many people would come to his meetings to prayed for...and quite a number them receive what anyone would call miraculous healings from God.

Give God the glory!

How does God pick who will receive a miracle or witness a miracle? And what does do to a person's faith.
This has been a topic that has been heavy on my mind and heart for a long time.
Had a very good friend that was very dedicated to Christ and knew the Bible backward and forewords. So we spent a lot time studying together and worked together for church activities.

He had witnessed healing but he had never had a personal miracle or had some sort of a visual audible miracle. This bothered him a lot. So we tried to investigate why some people get these sort of miracles. We spent a lot of time on this and he made me promise to pray that he would receive such a miracle.
But after we looked at it, we saw no pattern. Certainly history shows some that had received multiple miracles. And we came to believe that sometimes God calls people by miracles

We found more about what it is not.
Miracles do not always happen to people that believe in miracles.
Not all miracles occur due to tragedy.
Miracles occur in places that you would not think they would.
Miracles do not always occur under circumstances that you think they would.
You do not have to be saint for a miracle to happen.
Miracles that occur with dozens of witnesses does not serve as proof, they are denied just a frequently.

So we did not come up with any patterns or any real answers.
But any miracle can change your level of faith and dedication, particularly the visual audible miracles.
So are miracles a personal blessing? My friend and I believed that was true.
Does God expect more from us after receiving a miracle? We could not answer that conclusively.
So all this would be a good discussion.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve asked the same questions @Grailhunter and I can’t figure out a pattern either.
Does God except more from us after receiving a miracle? This is also difficult to answer because most people who receive these miracles are transformed and want to be more devout and give their life to God. So I guess God already knows what’s going to happen.

From what I’ve seen in the church people who ask for healing, they do it with extreme sincerity, tears in their eyes and just plain surrendering to God.

Look at the amazing story of this man in the article below, where he had stage 4 terminal cancer with a feeding tube and the doctors gave him months to live. He decided to repair and paint a church for free during the last days of his life. Guess what happened to the amazement of the doctors? He is healed and the feeding tube removed and the cancer is in remission !

Family, Parenting, Pet and Lifestyle Tips That Bring Us Closer Together | LittleThings.com

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve asked the same questions @Grailhunter and I can’t figure out a pattern either.
Does God except more from us after receiving a miracle? This is also difficult to answer because most people who receive these miracles are transformed and want to be more devout and give their life to God. So I guess God already knows what’s going to happen.

From what I’ve seen in the church people who ask for healing, they do it with extreme sincerity, tears in their eyes and just plain surrendering to God.

Look at the amazing story of this man in the article below, where he had stage 4 terminal cancer with a feeding tube and the doctors gave him months to live. He decided to repair and paint a church for free during the last days of his life. Guess what happened to the amazement of the doctors? He is healed and the feeding tube removed and the cancer is in remission !

Family, Parenting, Pet and Lifestyle Tips That Bring Us Closer Together | LittleThings.com

Yes I like that story.
I have had enough intense visual and audible miracles that it has changed my faith...is it faith if you know? Two way communications can be life changing. And then why me? I am no saint. Three of these events saved lives...no one involved was a saint. Why were their lives so important?

We had a fellow in a wheelchair that would sit up on podium with the preacher...a lot of us prayed for his healing...it did not happen. How does God choose? There can be a lot of "why's" to these events.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone familiar with the myrrh-streaming icon in Pennsylvania?
This icon has been known to perform miracles and heal people with incurable diseases.
I was lucky to be anointed with the oil from this icon at my local church.
Just wanted to share this news with you and ask if you’ve experienced any modern day miracles.
An Encounter with the Mother of God - Signs In Our Times | Ancient Faith Ministries

Also on the 15th of this month, the most holy ceremony of Virgin Mary takes place in the island of Tinos, Greece where the icon has performed many miracles. It has an amazing history of discovery by a nun.

The Miraculous Icon of Virgin Mary in Tinos island | Greeka

I do believe, the Lord has not run out of miracles, and many people experience such miracles personally.

I do not subscribe to icons, trinkets, scheduled meetings by men, for miracles on demand performances.

If that works for you, so be it, thanks for sharing.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Stan B

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does God pick who will receive a miracle or witness a miracle? And what does do to a person's faith.
Had a very good friend that was very dedicated to Christ and knew the Bible backward and forewords. So we spent a lot time studying together and worked together for church activities.

He had witnessed healing but he had never had a personal miracle or had some sort of a visual audible miracle. This bothered him a lot. So we tried to investigate why some people get these sort of miracles. We spent a lot of time on this and he made me promise to pray that he would receive such a miracle.
But after we looked at it, we saw no pattern. Certainly history shows some that had received multiple miracles. And we came to believe that sometimes God calls people by miracles

Miracles that occur with dozens of witnesses does not serve as proof, they are denied just a frequently.

But any miracle can change your level of faith and dedication, particularly the visual audible miracles.
Does God expect more from us after receiving a miracle? We could not answer that conclusively.
That God has a plan in this I am certain, but just exactly what is the totality of that plan? I have looked at some of this previously, but have drawn no definite conclusions. Consider the following:

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
...a time to heal;..." Ecc 3:1,3

Consider that in all of his visits to the temple that Jesus who certainly must walked past the following lame man, he did not heal him. Why?

"And a certain man lame from his mother's womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;
Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.
And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.
And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.
Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk." Acts 3:2-6

"For the man was above forty years old, on whom this miracle of healing was showed." Acts 4:22

The man lame from mother's womb to age 40 had to be there when Jesus walked by... probably more than once, but the healing did not happen until some time after the crucifixion, resurrection and ascension of Jesus. Why?

See then this healing of a blind man and the reason Jesus gives for the sickness and subsequent healing:

"When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby." John 11:4

Then consider this blind man that Jesus healed here:

"And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him." John 9:2-3

God's time and God's glory and God's picture being painted for those present at that time as well as for you and me reading the scriptures now...

What is it we saw in the beginning of our vision? What is it we are looking to see? What is it that we see now? What is the end then? What is our final vision to be?

"Where there is no vision, the people perish..." Prov. 29:18

"When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek" Psalm 27:8

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known" I Cor 13:12

Then there is the Baptist who is not recorded as ever healing anyone but...

"Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he." Matt 11:11

How great he was? But also not a healer!

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is" I John 3:2

Then we hear Jesus provide a reason why two gentiles were healed instead of any of the hometown folks...

"And he said, Verily, I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country.
But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land;
But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.
And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.
And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath" Luke 4:24-28

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have learned that before we ask for a miracle we must first seek His Will and pray accordingly.
Paul had a thorn in his flesh that God would not remove...it caused him a lot if agony.
My husband would make horrible confessions over his life...the doctors told him his triple bypass would last about 10 years. Every year on the anniversary of his surgery he would say...well I got 9 more years to live...8 more years...etc. and he died the 10th year.
I also found out that even though we confess our faith to trust God for a miracle and it gets put to the test how quickly we fail.
So many things to consider....what I have learned to do is just pray His Will and pray as He instructs me to do.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, there are times when He gives us some kind of action on our part...example Naaman, king of Israel was told to dip in the Jordan river 7 times.
Paul was told to see man of God in Damascus to have his sight restored.
So very mind boggling when we try to logically figure out how to get miracles to happen in our lives....
So quit trying to figure it out.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus told the centurion He would come and heal his servant but the Centurion said no just say the word...
Elijah stretched himself on top of a child that had died and she came to life.
1 Kings 17 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹⁸ And she said unto Elijah, What have I to do with thee, O thou man of God? art thou come unto me to call my sin to remembrance, and to slay my son?
¹⁹ And he said unto her, Give me thy son. And he took him out of her bosom, and carried him up into a loft, where he abode, and laid him upon his own bed.
²⁰ And he cried unto the LORD, and said, O LORD my God, hast thou also brought evil upon the widow with whom I sojourn, by slaying her son?
²¹ And he stretched himself upon the child three times, and cried unto the LORD, and said, O LORD my God, I pray thee, let this child's soul come into him again.
²² And the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came into him again, and he revived.

There is just no pattern with how God manifests His power in our lives.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, there are times when He gives us some kind of action on our part...example Naaman, king of Israel was told to dip in the Jordan river 7 times.
Paul was told to see man of God in Damascus to have his sight restored.
So very mind boggling when we try to logically figure out how to get miracles to happen in our lives....
So quit trying to figure it out.
Pray then always for God's will to be done... even though according to our flesh it may not be what we would like to see. The man of flesh, Jesus, tempted in all points as we are, did not want to suffer and die, but more than that, He wanted His Father's will. So should it be with us. Impossible?

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

Who is in us?

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" Col 1:27

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pray then always for God's will to be done... even though according to our flesh it may not be what we would like to see...

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Rom 12:2

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
Quench not the Spirit." I Thess 5:18-19

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pray then always for God's will to be done... even though according to our flesh it may not be what we would like to see. The man of flesh, Jesus, tempted in all points as we are, did not want to suffer and die, but more than that, He wanted His Father's will. So should it be with us. Impossible?

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

Who is in us?

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:" Col 1:27
Amen!

Reactions: Truman and amadeus

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is just no pattern with how God manifests His power in our lives.
I believe "Paul Is our Pattern" (1 Timothy 1:16 KJB!), Especially # 3:

God's ALL-Sufficient GRACE in infirmities

Grace And Peace to All Precious friend(s), Dear readers,
and, diligent students of God's Holy Word! Praying Hopefully
The Following Scriptures Will Bring God's "Peace, Hope, And
Comfort" into your life in This Current Dispensation Of The
Amazing GRACE Of A Wonderful God!:

(1) In That GRACE, God, In HIS Omniscience, Had Already
Chosen HIS Own In CHRIST, And Already Knew What
"infirmities, trouble, trials, afflictions, sufferings, And
persecutions we would go through,” And, Thank HIM, HE
"Promised" HE Will Never Give us more testing than
we can handle. (
Ephesians_1:4; 1_Corinthians_10:13 KJB!)
Amen?

(2) Please, Precious friend(s):
Thank God IN {easy}, And, Also, FOR {Difficult?}, ALL things!
(
1_Thessalonians_5:18; Ephesians_5:20 KJB!)

(3) After Paul (our #"pattern"# for Today!), prayed 3 times
for his affliction, the "Answer he Received," According To The
Scriptures, Was:

"And HE {CHRIST} Said Unto me, MY GRACE Is Sufficient For
thee: For MY Strength Is Made Perfect in weakness. Most gladly
therefore will I rather glory {cp} in my infirmities, that The
Power Of CHRIST May Rest Upon me
!"
(
2_Corinthians_12:9 KJB!) {cp 2_Corinthians_11:23-30 KJB!}

(4) "For our light affliction, which Is But For A Moment, worketh
for us a Far More Exceeding And Eternal weight of glory;
While
we look Not at the things which are seen, but at the things
Which Are Not Seen:
for the things which are seen [are]
temporal; but the things Which Are Not Seen Are Eternal!"
(
2_Corinthians_4:17-18 KJB!)

(5) "For I reckon that The Sufferings of this PRESENT Time
are not worthy to be compared with The Glory which shall be
revealed in us. For the earnest EXPECTation of the creature
WAITeth for the manifestation of the sons of God...

...ourselves also, which have The Firstfruits Of The Spirit,
even we ourselves groan within ourselves, WAITING for
The Adoption, to wit, The Redemption Of our body!"
(
Romans_8:18, 19, 23 KJB!) Blessed Hope! Amen?

(6) "Therefore being justified by faith, we have Peace with
God through our LORD JESUS CHRIST: By Whom also we
have access by faith into This GRACE Wherein we stand,
and rejoice in Hope of The Glory of God.

And not only so, but we glory {cp} in tribulations also: knowing
that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience;
and experience, Hope: And Hope maketh not ashamed; because
The Love Of God Is Shed Abroad in our hearts By The Holy Ghost
Which Is Given Unto us!"
(
Romans_5:1-5 KJB!) {cp 2_Corinthians_11:23-30 KJB!}

(7!) ”And HE That Searcheth the hearts Knoweth What Is The
Mind Of The Spirit, Because HE Maketh Intercession for the
saints According To The Will Of God. Likewise The Spirit Also
Helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray
for as we ought: But The Spirit Itself Maketh Intercession
For us with groanings which cannot be uttered!”
(
Romans_8:27-28 KJB!)

(8!) "Blessed Be God, Even The Father Of our LORD JESUS CHRIST,
The Father Of Mercies, And The God of ALL Comfort; Who Comforteth
us in All our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which
are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves Are
Comforted Of God!" (
2_Corinthians_1:3-4 KJB!)

(9!) Please, always be “watching, Patiently waiting And Looking For”
That Blessed HOPE, The Imminent Return Of our LORD To Take us
Home To HEAVEN, In GLORIFICATION!
{Thus, ENDING ALL of our
"infirmities, trouble, trials, afflictions, sufferings, And persecutions!”}
(
Ephesians_6:18; 1_Corinthians_15:51-57; 2_Corinthians_5:1-9;
2_Thessalonians_4:13-18 KJB!) = WONDERFUL Comfort! Amen?

(10) ”And we know That All things Work Together For Good To
them that love God, to them who Are The Called According To
HIS Purpose!” (
Romans_8:28 KJB!)

(11a) Please memorize 2 Timothy_4:8 KJB!:

"Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness,
which The LORD, The Righteous Judge, Shall Give me At That Day:
and not to me only, but unto all them also that love HIS Appearing!"

(11b) Please Prayerfully/Carefully study 1_Corinthians_3:8-15 KJB!,
And "know" that, At "That Day {The JUDGMENT Seat}” Of CHRIST,
In HEAVEN, ALL "good works of preaching The Gospel of GRACE,
studying The Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided, and, loving/helping others"
WILL Surely Be "rewarded As gold, silver, And precious stones!"

Amen?

(12) For ALL those who humbly:
Trust CHRIST As their Personal SAVIOUR, The Bible Says:

a): “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of
power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
(
2_Timothy_1:7 KJB!)

b): “Be careful [anxious] for nothing; but in every thing by
prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests
be made known unto God. And the PEACE Of God, Which Passeth
all understanding, Shall Keep your hearts and minds through
CHRIST JESUS.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are True, whatsoever
things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever
things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever
things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there
be any praise, think on these things.”
(
Philippians_4:6-8 KJB!)

c): # “Those things, which ye have both learned, and
received, and heard, and seen in me, [Paul!] do: # And
The God Of PEACE Shall Be With you.”
(
Philippians_4:9 KJB!)

Conclusion, for ALL of the “just who live BY FAITH” {NOT feelings…}:

"For unto you It Is Given in the Behalf Of CHRIST, not only
to believe on HIM, But Also to suffer for HIS Sake"
(
Philippians_1:29 KJB!)
------------------------------

Please Be Richly Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, and Edified!
God's Simple Will!

Reactions: GaryAnderson

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe "Paul Is our Pattern" (1 Timothy 1:16 KJB!), Especially # 3:

God's ALL-Sufficient GRACE in infirmities

Grace And Peace to All Precious friend(s), Dear readers,
and, diligent students of God's Holy Word! Praying Hopefully
The Following Scriptures Will Bring God's "Peace, Hope, And
Comfort" into your life in This Current Dispensation Of The
Amazing GRACE Of A Wonderful God!:

(1) In That GRACE, God, In HIS Omniscience, Had Already
Chosen HIS Own In CHRIST, And Already Knew What
"infirmities, trouble, trials, afflictions, sufferings, And
persecutions we would go through,” And, Thank HIM, HE
"Promised" HE Will Never Give us more testing than
we can handle. (
Ephesians_1:4; 1_Corinthians_10:13 KJB!)
Amen?

(2) Please, Precious friend(s):
Thank God IN {easy}, And, Also, FOR {Difficult?}, ALL things!
(
1_Thessalonians_5:18; Ephesians_5:20 KJB!)

(3) After Paul (our #"pattern"# for Today!), prayed 3 times
for his affliction, the "Answer he Received," According To The
Scriptures, Was:

"And HE {CHRIST} Said Unto me, MY GRACE Is Sufficient For
thee: For MY Strength Is Made Perfect in weakness. Most gladly
therefore will I rather glory {cp} in my infirmities, that The
Power Of CHRIST May Rest Upon me
!"
(
2_Corinthians_12:9 KJB!) {cp 2_Corinthians_11:23-30 KJB!}

(4) "For our light affliction, which Is But For A Moment, worketh
for us a Far More Exceeding And Eternal weight of glory;
While
we look Not at the things which are seen, but at the things
Which Are Not Seen:
for the things which are seen [are]
temporal; but the things Which Are Not Seen Are Eternal!"
(
2_Corinthians_4:17-18 KJB!)

(5) "For I reckon that The Sufferings of this PRESENT Time
are not worthy to be compared with The Glory which shall be
revealed in us. For the earnest EXPECTation of the creature
WAITeth for the manifestation of the sons of God...

...ourselves also, which have The Firstfruits Of The Spirit,
even we ourselves groan within ourselves, WAITING for
The Adoption, to wit, The Redemption Of our body!"
(
Romans_8:18, 19, 23 KJB!) Blessed Hope! Amen?

(6) "Therefore being justified by faith, we have Peace with
God through our LORD JESUS CHRIST: By Whom also we
have access by faith into This GRACE Wherein we stand,
and rejoice in Hope of The Glory of God.

And not only so, but we glory {cp} in tribulations also: knowing
that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience;
and experience, Hope: And Hope maketh not ashamed; because
The Love Of God Is Shed Abroad in our hearts By The Holy Ghost
Which Is Given Unto us!"
(
Romans_5:1-5 KJB!) {cp 2_Corinthians_11:23-30 KJB!}

(7!) ”And HE That Searcheth the hearts Knoweth What Is The
Mind Of The Spirit, Because HE Maketh Intercession for the
saints According To The Will Of God. Likewise The Spirit Also
Helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray
for as we ought: But The Spirit Itself Maketh Intercession
For us with groanings which cannot be uttered!”
(
Romans_8:27-28 KJB!)

(8!) "Blessed Be God, Even The Father Of our LORD JESUS CHRIST,
The Father Of Mercies, And The God of ALL Comfort; Who Comforteth
us in All our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which
are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves Are
Comforted Of God!" (
2_Corinthians_1:3-4 KJB!)

(9!) Please, always be “watching, Patiently waiting And Looking For”
That Blessed HOPE, The Imminent Return Of our LORD To Take us
Home To HEAVEN, In GLORIFICATION!
{Thus, ENDING ALL of our
"infirmities, trouble, trials, afflictions, sufferings, And persecutions!”}
(
Ephesians_6:18; 1_Corinthians_15:51-57; 2_Corinthians_5:1-9;
2_Thessalonians_4:13-18 KJB!) = WONDERFUL Comfort! Amen?

(10) ”And we know That All things Work Together For Good To
them that love God, to them who Are The Called According To
HIS Purpose!” (
Romans_8:28 KJB!)

(11a) Please memorize 2 Timothy_4:8 KJB!:

"Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness,
which The LORD, The Righteous Judge, Shall Give me At That Day:
and not to me only, but unto all them also that love HIS Appearing!"

(11b) Please Prayerfully/Carefully study 1_Corinthians_3:8-15 KJB!,
And "know" that, At "That Day {The JUDGMENT Seat}” Of CHRIST,
In HEAVEN, ALL "good works of preaching The Gospel of GRACE,
studying The Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided, and, loving/helping others"
WILL Surely Be "rewarded As gold, silver, And precious stones!"

Amen?

(12) For ALL those who humbly:
Trust CHRIST As their Personal SAVIOUR, The Bible Says:

a): “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of
power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
(
2_Timothy_1:7 KJB!)

b): “Be careful [anxious] for nothing; but in every thing by
prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests
be made known unto God. And the PEACE Of God, Which Passeth
all understanding, Shall Keep your hearts and minds through
CHRIST JESUS.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are True, whatsoever
things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever
things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever
things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there
be any praise, think on these things.”
(
Philippians_4:6-8 KJB!)

c): # “Those things, which ye have both learned, and
received, and heard, and seen in me, [Paul!] do: # And
The God Of PEACE Shall Be With you.”
(
Philippians_4:9 KJB!)

Conclusion, for ALL of the “just who live BY FAITH” {NOT feelings…}:

"For unto you It Is Given in the Behalf Of CHRIST, not only
to believe on HIM, But Also to suffer for HIS Sake"
(
Philippians_1:29 KJB!)
------------------------------

Please Be Richly Encouraged, Enlightened, Exhorted, and Edified!
God's Simple Will!
Paul is a good example of how we should live...
But I am referring to the Lord God Almighty....He used so many various ways of healing and delivering people. I wonder why? Each case was unique and personal.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apparitions of Our Lady of Assiut were mass apparitions in Assiut, Egypt, during 2000 and 2001. Thousands of witnesses produced photographs of them, which were reprinted in several newspapers. According to newspaper reports, during mass, pictures showing Our Lady with a dove above her that were hung on the wall inside the altar began to glow, after which the light from the dove in the pictures started to flow down. Later, the lights appeared above the church as well.

The main miracle associated with Mary's Assiut apparitions is the powerful way it inspired peace between people of faith who had been in conflict with each other in Egypt. Christians and Muslims, who both honor Mary as the mother of Jesus Christ and as an extraordinarily faithful person, had been at odds in Egypt for years. After Mary's apparitions in Assiut, relationships between many Egyptians of both faiths were marked by peace rather than hostility, for a while—just as they improved for a while after Mary's apparitions in Zeitoun, Egypt from 1968 to 1971, which also featured doves flying around the figure of Mary.

"This is a blessing for Muslims and Christians alike. It is a blessing for Egypt," an ABC News report quoted Mina Hanna, secretary of the Assiut Council of Coptic churches, commenting on the impact of the apparitions.

The Coptic Orthodox Church declared the apparitions themselves to be miraculous in that they were supernatural events with no natural explanation.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The apparitions of Our Lady of Assiut were mass apparitions in Assiut, Egypt, during 2000 and 2001. Thousands of witnesses produced photographs of them, which were reprinted in several newspapers. According to newspaper reports, during mass, pictures showing Our Lady with a dove above her that were hung on the wall inside the altar began to glow, after which the light from the dove in the pictures started to flow down. Later, the lights appeared above the church as well.

The main miracle associated with Mary's Assiut apparitions is the powerful way it inspired peace between people of faith who had been in conflict with each other in Egypt. Christians and Muslims, who both honor Mary as the mother of Jesus Christ and as an extraordinarily faithful person, had been at odds in Egypt for years. After Mary's apparitions in Assiut, relationships between many Egyptians of both faiths were marked by peace rather than hostility, for a while—just as they improved for a while after Mary's apparitions in Zeitoun, Egypt from 1968 to 1971, which also featured doves flying around the figure of Mary.

"This is a blessing for Muslims and Christians alike. It is a blessing for Egypt," an ABC News report quoted Mina Hanna, secretary of the Assiut Council of Coptic churches, commenting on the impact of the apparitions.

The Coptic Orthodox Church declared the apparitions themselves to be miraculous in that they were supernatural events with no natural explanation.
Hi @GaryAnderson I still come back to 1 Timothy 2.5: " For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus".

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@farouk i can understand why many people think that miracles are not to be believed or that we may confuse them for false prophets … and I honestly don’t have a good answer for rebuttal. This is one of those things that it’s deeply personal. You pray and your answers may show up in mysterious ways.

JMyrick

Dec 19, 2021
Reno, Nevada
twitter.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most people take miracles for granted these days. Like when something negative happens, they take the positive part of the incident for granted. Like there was one movie where the girl says "You're asking the wrong question. It's not "why mom and dad died?" It's why are we still alive?""

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most people take miracles for granted these days. Like when something negative happens, they take the positive part of the incident for granted. Like there was one movie where the girl says "You're asking the wrong question. It's not "why mom and dad died?" It's why are we still alive?""

Miracles are taken for granted?
This is an interesting take.
Who takes miracles for granted?

Usually for all non-believers and skeptics, miracles are dismissed as wishful thinking or a figment of our imagination.
Than, even for believers … some think that these miracles are from Satan.
Only the person who is asking for the miracle really knows the truth, also when the miracle is experienced by a group of people then only the group knows the truth and they appreciate it and are forever changed and thankful.

So, who are these people that take miracles for granted?