Modern Day Tongue Speakers Roll Call Poll

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Modern Day Tongue Speakers Roll Call Poll

• I speak in tongues by that second blessing, but I do not support any other movement of the "spirit"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I speak in tongues by that second blessing, but I do believe one can receive the Holy Spirit again

• I speak in tongues since my salvation even though I was a believer before that moment.

• I speak in tongues and can interpret my own tongues

• I had fallen down when I got my gift of tongues.

• I had not fallen down when I got my gift of tongues, but others have fallen down though

• I do not speak in tongues, but I can interpret those tongues even though I do not know it

• I do not speak in tongues, but I can interpret those tongues that I know as second languages

• I speak in tongues & interpret the tongues because I know it as a second languages

• Total voters

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, :) With respect...this is a common thought of those that do not prayer in tongues.
Shouting, random, rolling are things I don't do personally. Also,
I personally have no idea what language i could be speaking , doesn't mean it isn't one.
Sometimes I think it sounds like an original Native American tongue. SO funny the sounds my mouth makes...sometimes I dunno, like the accents on a diff type of vowel...so foreign to me!!

What does impress me are the results of doing it (alone)...oh my, the stories I could tell...
No one mentioned to me praying in tongues had such power!
Oh my...

How can you tell the difference between self edification and praying in tongues since those are two different sets of modes for tongues in private use as many tongue speakers today claim?

That is why I can tell the difference between God's real gift of tongues which is of other men's lips to speak unto the people from that confusion you guys seem to be validating by experience alone to wit God can not be the author of.

So don't let that thief come in between you and the Bridegroom in "praying for you" when God the Father wants YOU to pray and for you to get your edification from the written scripture in the KJV.