Monogamy Isn’t Biblical, It’s Greek/Roman

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
problem is religious people dont ask questions because according to them they already have the truth.
See you get it all wrong, the religious usually don t think of whether or not they know the truth, they are just happy in the delusion that there religion is right, As far as being married to one woman, if one is not enough how do you think 2 is going to make it any better, and if its ok for a man to have multiple wives, is it than ok for a woman to have multiple husbands?? But than woman seem to think that men are driven by that thing between there legs, you may just be proving them right. When one is in Love, one is enough, when one is driven but that animal within, maybe having many may help dampen that human lust, and to cap it all off, all you have doing is create another religion, men are good at it.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that some may not understand marriage as you say. What's mesmerizing is that even though over half the people who get married end in divorce the masses keep on incorrectly assuming that monogamy is the way and "If only I could find the right person it would be OK. Like I told a client of mine this week if you found the perfect guy he probably wouldn't choose you.

Okay. I'm going to say something that may offend some. I see a glimmer of hope here. Have you ever seen the movie Jerry McGuire? Where the girl tells the guy, "you complete me!"

My husband doesn't complete me. Nor can my husband ever complete me. Only a relationship with God can do that. My relationship with my husband here on earth demonstrates my Marriage to the Lamb; God.

Reactions: ScottA

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Okay. I'm going to say something that may offend some. I see a glimmer of hope here. Have you ever seen the movie Jerry McGuire? Where the girl tells the guy, "you complete me!"

My husband doesn't complete me. Nor can my husband ever complete me. Only a relationship with God can do that. My relationship with my husband here on earth demonstrates my Marriage to the Lamb; God.
Actually HE does, its why when you are joined you become as one, it is also why when tow who are in love are divorced, it is so painfull, because you loose part of yourself. I know I have being through it and why ill never marry again, if the second was to leave id just loose more of my self, I dont have much more of me to give away.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
People who are looking for there other half are by definition incomplete people, so they find someone and then suck the life out of them. 28 years as a family therapist and psychologist tell me that's the truth.
no it doesnt, it just shows you mans inhumanity to man, and it will get worse till the end comes, so enjoy it while you can, you havnt seen the worst of what men are capable of yet.

evotell

Nov 13, 2007
Red Deer
www.solutionslifecoaching.ca
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The reason Monogamy doesn't work for the majority of the worlds people is because most who sign up are damaged goods and incorrectly assume that this one special person is the one-stop-shop for all my needs. No one in their right mind would buy into that, so we have to conclude that people are making decisions not based on choice but cultural norms. Once you accept that no one person can meet all your needs you have to embrace being in relationship with others. The reason that most people have a problem with non monogamy is because their obesssed about sex. As far as I am aware this post hasn't been about sex

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The reason Monogamy doesn't work for the majority of the worlds people is because most who sign up are damaged goods and incorrectly assume that this one special person is the one-stop-shop for all my needs. No one in their right mind would buy into that, so we have to conclude that people are making decisions not based on choice but cultural norms. Once you accept that no one person can meet all your needs you have to embrace being in relationship with others. The reason that most people have a problem with non monogamy is because their obesssed about sex. As far as I am aware this post hasn't been about sex
IF it is not about sex, than for what reason does a man need multiple wives, except to satisfy his lusty desires. Marriage is supposed to be all about Love, if it is all about sex, than it wont last. I married my wife because I love her and still do, that wont change, getting another wife wont make me stop loving her, but i will more than likely love the other less, and she will always be second, actually third if you add Christ into the mix, and I am not willing top put any women through that.

What was it JEsus said

Luk_16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

The sad thing is it also applies to marriage, church and religion.

Reactions: amadeus

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last thing you find on a religious forum is people with an open mind. For me to be in error as you say by definition makes you right. So if your right as you say you are then there is nothing more to say.

The comments from this post reminds me why I usually try and keep as far away from religious people as I can.
You have many axes to grind. Apparently you do not want to resolve them, but only want to vent. Meanwhile, you are not acting in love, but bitterness. I offered you resolution, but only get ranting.

For anyone who would actually like to understand the matter of monogamy, it is simple: In the beginning the standard from God was "the two shall become one flesh." In then end, there is One Son and One Church (one body, His bride). In between the beginning and the end is all that is written of every violation of this singular relationship, including Mr. Evotell's misgivings, as a witness in the Judgement. "Then comes the end."

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that some may not understand marriage as you say. What's mesmerizing is that even though over half the people who get married end in divorce the masses keep on incorrectly assuming that monogamy is the way and "If only I could find the right person it would be OK. Like I told a client of mine this week if you found the perfect guy he probably wouldn't choose you.

Whats been sad about my post is the lack of openness. Most people know that monogamy doesn't work, it hasn't worked for many on this site including some of those that have posted, but the religious person keeps on banging the same drum even when it doesn't works for the majority of the worlds people, how detached from reality is that? Sending pages of scriptures to back up a system that is broken and doesn't work is mesmerizing. Where do these people come from?

So for those that dont understand marriage, I suggest you start asking questions, problem is religious people dont ask questions because according to them they already have the truth.

Blindness beyond comprehension
Sir,

Why do you have the "Christian" label on your profile? Fail as they may, followers of Christ hold the same standard that Christ does, which is One Church Bride. The next Person to tell you will come on the wind.

As for your reasoning that reality according to the world should justify anything whatsoever - it doesn't. That is the world, not the kingdom of Christ Jesus. By making the ways of the world your own, rather than making God's way your own, you have served your own papers of divorce.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who are looking for there other half are by definition incomplete people, so they find someone and then suck the life out of them. 28 years as a family therapist and psychologist tell me that's the truth.
That is the world talking, and now it talks through you. :(

evotell

Nov 13, 2007
Red Deer
www.solutionslifecoaching.ca
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
IF it is not about sex, than for what reason does a man need multiple wives, except to satisfy his lusty desires. Marriage is supposed to be all about Love, if it is all about sex, than it wont last. I married my wife because I love her and still do, that wont change, getting another wife wont make me stop loving her, but i will more than likely love the other less, and she will always be second, actually third if you add Christ into the mix, and I am not willing top put any women through that.

What was it JEsus said

Luk_16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

You are the one sir who made this about sex, not me.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No ignoring going here, having a conversation with deaf people leaves one talking to ones self
imagine how we/i feel; i'm just asking you to address Scripture on marriage, which certainly should strike you as a valid request, i would think. And somehow i'm the deaf guy here? You aren't being judgemental at all here?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That glimmer is gone. Was fully prepared to apologize for misjudging you, sir. As you say WOW. You did help though.

I've always viewed Adam and Eve as the model of my husband and I set forth from God. But the model is Christ and His bride. This is the relationship we see in Genesis. It is important because if that relationship is seen first, then all else is right.

1 Peter 3:6
[6] Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

The model presented and clearly demonstrated throughout His word is the model of Christ and His bride(Adam and Eve). Restored relationship with God. It is because of this relationship being first that Sara obeyed Abraham calling him lord.

If one does not marry then that single person is still complete in marriage and service to God. Still fitting the model of Adam and Eve by their commitment to God. So, not everyone marries but marries the one that completes, which is God.

Where does this quote on your profile come from? "No man is free who is not a master of himself" Your master should be God. If your master is yourself...then you serve yourself.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
ya, the blanket condemnation should make that pretty clear i guess

guess it's worth noting that psychology draws the mentally ill like pastoring does psychopaths
I respect your opinion
:rolleyes:
you've already called everyone here deaf and dumb, hello

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes, you read that right—the Western idea that marriage is between one man and one woman isn’t biblical, it’s Greek/Roman.
yet you have not so much as provided a single line of support for this

"i'm a psychologist, and i reject Scripture and marriage; gee, i should prolly go to a Christian forum and hip everyone up" lol
i mean yikes already bro, get a mirror

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I respect your opinion, but as I said your lack of openness has blinded you, I was there once myself, 20 years a staunch literalist and fundamentalist. All it does it make us self righteous and a judge which is clearly seen in your posts.
You have me all wrong. I am open to God, but not to the world.

But don't think you can rewrite the things of God because you have had an experience of letdown over many years. That should be proof to you that the world is not the answer, but apparently coming to that fork in the road you have gone the way of the world. Both the world and God have spoken. You should have heard God and turned your back on the world, but you have heard the world and turned your back on God. Openness, should not be to the world, but to God. Of this you must repent. This is not my opinion, but the reality of what God has placed before us: "I have placed before you, life and death, therefore choose life."

Last edited: