Monogamy Isn’t Biblical, It’s Greek/Roman

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Have you ever wondered why Jesus said nothing to those who arrested Him and then asked Him what is the truth....
no, i'm mostly wondering why you are changing the subject again tbh.
no offense but if you are not going to confront the posts that might help to make your case, i can't help but feel you are using me for fodder

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever wondered why Jesus said nothing to those who arrested Him and then asked Him what is the truth....

Isaiah 53:7
[7] He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

1 Peter 2:21-23
[21] For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: [22] Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: [23] Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

He committed himself to Him that judgeth righteously.

evotell

Nov 13, 2007
Red Deer
www.solutionslifecoaching.ca
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and you are not being "oppressed" nor "afflicted" here, see,
we are just asking pointed questions; that are being ignored i guess

No ignoring going here, having a conversation with deaf people leaves one talking to ones self, that's why you are not hearing the answer you looking for because you couldn't hear it............

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
No ignoring going here, having a conversation with deaf people leaves one talking to ones self, that's why you are not hearing the answer you looking for because you couldn't hear it............
yet it is not me skipping posts i don't want to confront,
and steering the convo (again) back to ppl and their perceived deficiencies, wadr.
all i can get from you on the subject so far is "One is a numerical number?"

Hebrews 13:4 Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage ...

Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for
God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW. You have no idea who I am, the value I place upon women or my work in missions or Couples Coaching. You are blinded by your own commitment to a fundamental belief in Monogamy as Gods plan when there is NO evidence in the Bible to suggest this position.
You were the one who dropped this issue bomb like a scriptural terrorist. Don't be so surprised at the backlash.

But your premise...is incorrect. What you are doing is asserting that the first Adam is the standard, and not the Last Adam...while rooting for judgement on the Beginning, before the End. You are being just as shortsighted as those you accuse.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word one is numerical. More study required sir....
"And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." Ecc 12:12

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

Reactions: mjrhealth

evotell

Nov 13, 2007
Red Deer
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
yet it is not me skipping posts i don't want to confront,
and steering the convo (again) back to ppl and their perceived deficiencies, wadr.
all i can get from you on the subject so far is "One is a numerical number?"

Hebrews 13:4 Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage ...

Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for
God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.
I've suggested several books, so you can do your own study. Monogamy isn't in our DNA and it doesn't come from the Bible it comes from the Greeks/Romans

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've suggested several books, so you can do your own study. Monogamy isn't in our DNA and it doesn't come from the Bible it comes from the Greeks/Romans
Do you realize how many people have written their own books with their own ideas even supposedly based upon scripture? You would or should know the reason why every one of us must sift through what is presented to us to even decide on what we will or will not spend our limited time.

A real follower of God will allow himself to be led by the Holy Spirit. You are sure of yourself, but how many others have been who did not know God? Again there are likely more such people with their ideas than any one person could adequately study in a natural lifetime. Instead of referring us to books, that most of us will not read based your recommendation alone, why not engage some of those here who have expressed a willingness to do so?

Reactions: pia and bbyrd009

evotell

Nov 13, 2007
Red Deer
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you realize how many people have written their own books with their own ideas even supposedly based upon scripture? You would or should know the reason why every one of us must sift through what is presented to us to even decide on what we will or will not spend our limited time.

A real follower of God will allow himself to be led by the Holy Spirit. You are sure of yourself, but how many others have been who did not know God? Again there are likely more such people with their ideas than any one person could adequately study in a natural lifetime. Instead of referring us to books, that most of us will not read based your recommendation alone, why not engage some of those here who have expressed a willingness to do so?
As an x fundamentalist and literalist I know how hard it is to embrace things that are outside conventional thinking. I would have reacted the same way as others are. I couldn't have heard, not for a second. I would have reeled off scripture to back up my argument as others are doing. If people have an interest in expanding their faith then its their responsibility to do their own study not for me to spoon feed people. The real issues is this: If you start with a false preface then everything that's build will be built on that foundation.

If God created us which I believe He did and science and history has proven that by nature we aren't Monogamous then why would God ask us to live in a way that is inconsistent with who we are. I understand how hard this is to hear, I was their.

I guess in the end if you haven't done your own study and research on the subject then you probably aren't qualified to argue. No offence intended.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As an x fundamentalist and literalist I know how hard it is to embrace things that are outside conventional thinking. I would have reacted the same way as others are. I couldn't have heard, not for a second. I would have reeled off scripture to back up my argument as others are doing. If people have an interest in expanding their faith then its their responsibility to do their own study not for me to spoon feed people. The real issues is this: If you start with a false preface then everything that's build will be built on that foundation.

If God created us which I believe He did and science and history has proven that by nature we aren't Monogamous then why would God ask us to live in a way that is inconsistent with who we are. I understand how hard this is to hear, I was their.

I guess in the end if you haven't done your own study and research on the subject then you probably aren't qualified to argue. No offence intended.
When a man has multiple wives, he looses a part of himself to each one. It is impossible for him to love them all the same, his love is divided, and the wives will always be jealous even if they never admit to it, and so that man is not free, as you put it, as he is no longer master of himself, he is guided by a divided heart, and in Christianity it is the same.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No offense taken. My studies are done to be approved before God... not before any man.
I have no intention of pursuing this further without more to go on than what you have given. Apparently you simply want to argue and are certain you are right. So be right all by yourself if that is helpful.

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." Prov 21:2

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
well, that does not address the Scripture though, but just ignores it wadr

iow i am now further away from your suggested reading, not closer to it, and i am a guy who likes women, ok, i am pulling for you here in a sense anyway lol.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i guess in the end if you keep ignoring Hebrews 13:4 that kinda speaks volumes,

i mean you have to have confronted this v somehow; may i ask how? no wrong answers

evotell

Nov 13, 2007
Red Deer
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As I have said the general response to this issue has been one of reaction, not interest or curiosity, so why would I invest my time explaining something to people who aren't ready or open to hear. Like I said Jesus said nothing to people whom knew couldn't hear.

THE END

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As I have said the general response to this issue has been one of reaction, not interest or curiosity, so why would I invest my time explaining something to people who aren't ready or open to hear. Like I said Jesus said nothing to people whom knew couldn't hear.

THE END

Joh_10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

Reactions: pia and amadeus

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

THE END
You have been talking with your fingers in your ears, apparently unwilling to hear that you yourself are in error, and not willing to have an actual discussion. So, yeah, it's a waste of time - but that is on you.

If you change your mind and want to delve into it...well, you'd have to have an open mind. You decide.

evotell

Nov 13, 2007
Red Deer
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The last thing you find on a religious forum is people with an open mind. For me to be in error as you say by definition makes you right. So if your right as you say you are then there is nothing more to say.

The comments from this post reminds me why I usually try and keep as far away from religious people as I can.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The comments from this post reminds me why I usually try and keep as far away from religious people as I can.
you may be surprised to find that a few here dont go to church, they have faith in Jesus Christ, and will have nothing to do with religion, as for JEsus

Joh_4:18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly.

some simply dont understand marriage.

Reactions: pia

evotell

Nov 13, 2007
Red Deer
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I understand that some may not understand marriage as you say. What's mesmerizing is that even though over half the people who get married end in divorce the masses keep on incorrectly assuming that monogamy is the way and "If only I could find the right person it would be OK. Like I told a client of mine this week if you found the perfect guy he probably wouldn't choose you.

Whats been sad about my post is the lack of openness. Most people know that monogamy doesn't work, it hasn't worked for many on this site including some of those that have posted, but the religious person keeps on banging the same drum even when it doesn't works for the majority of the worlds people, how detached from reality is that? Sending pages of scriptures to back up a system that is broken and doesn't work is mesmerizing. Where do these people come from?

So for those that dont understand marriage, I suggest you start asking questions, problem is religious people dont ask questions because according to them they already have the truth.

Blindness beyond comprehension