More liberal dictatorship.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
What I see is the blessings and the curses of God according His Word being implemented because this person [e.g. the pharaoh] did something which invoked a curse or that person did something that invoked a blessing.

Consider that all the Word of God that pertains to people as if it were spoken before there were people. I say "as if" because time is something to you and to me, but what is to God? We work withing it because it is a part of the way we think and act. It would not be so with God.

When a person makes a decision what God has said about that kind of decision is cause to curse or bless. God had said it, but the person's decision or action or lack of action brought result into being in the life of the person.

For some of these previously spoken blessings and curses read Deuteronomy chapter 28.
Every conditional covenant had blessings and curses.

Reactions: amadeus

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Have you ever heard of the term ENHANCING?

Jesus was enhancing in the NT what He had given in the OT.

God does not need to "correct" Himself.

Now will you say "I stand corrected"?:D
NO. I will not say I stand corrected.

MOSES had allowed a certificate of divorce.
JESUS said this was WRONG and He was taking us back to marriage the way God had intended.

The O.T....ergo JESUS according to you....said that we should hate our enemies.
JESUS said this was WRONG and we should love our enemies.

Jesus FIXED men's laws. He didn't ENHANCE anything.
Take it or leave it...but I know I'm right.
Look into it.

Divorce:
Deuteronomy 24:1 DOES THAT SOUND LIKE A LAW FROM GOD?
Jesus fixed it
Mathew 5:31-32

Enemies:
There is much written in Leviticus and Deuteronomy about how God will hate the Israelites enemies and put them to death.

"You have heard it said" plainly means that the Jews of Jesus' time were taught something different than what Jesus was teaching them.

You have heard it said...
BUT I SAY TO YOU

BUT...a change is coming....

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gov. Cumo of New York signed in legislation that bars people from using panic as an excuse for assaulting homosexuals. Some apparently had used it as an excuse saying they were so overcome against the offensiveness of it that they couldn't control themselves.

They, the liberal demented mind, is quite willing to charge anyone with hate that attacks their liberal lifestyle or their liberal race. And don't tell them they can't. But if you are the offender, though you can be charged with hate, you can't use your emotion as a defense.

What hypocrisy.

Stranger

IMO No person should be subjected to being beaten or bullied by another person. But neither should others be able to force their lifestyle down others' throats - especially children and that's what the U.N. is doing - pushing the lifestyle beginning with children. They use actors and actresses as the judas goat to lead the young astray.

But the liberals are becoming more and more unhinged. Does anyone else see this as an early sheep being divided from the goats?

Last edited:

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People should understand that Cuomo is a Communist in all but name. Stalin would be proud of his abortion bill.

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Signs Bill Legalizing Abortions Up to Birth. [for any reason]

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Signs Bill Legalizing Abortions Up to Birth | LifeNews.com

So you can kill defenseless babies anytime you want and for any reason, but don't say a boo to any pervert. That's how perverted Cuomo is. There is a petition to ex-communicate him from the Catholic Church, but he gives a hoot.[/QUOTE

His brother is a reporter on Dateline I believe. If you use discernment you can see an odd look in his eyes if you pay attention - he looks soulless. People with mental problems (inhabited by demons) have a certain look in their eyes.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a case where a group of Jewish volunteers beat up a black homosexual man so badly that he lost an eye.

So really this is a law against vigilantism.

The volunteers are supposed to help police the streets in their part of town...but this can turn quickly into a gang mentality.

So then the law is a good one. It protects citizens from being victimized for morality purposes.

For those who yearn for mob justice, vigilantism, lynchings and all that other entitled white pride stuff...it's a blow to be sure.

Do we want a return to the law of the OT? Are we like the Taliban?

So we should not let our own love wax cold because of lawlessness...as Jesus warned.

There was a gay man who was beaten to death - so no one has the right to do that. But Cuomo's kill babies mentality doesn't fit with his treatment of gays. He actually lit a candle or light on the day he passed the law to sacrifice to Molech.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
IMO No person should be subjected to being beaten or bullied by another person. But neither should others be able to force their lifestyle down others' throats - especially children and that's what the U.N. is doing - pushing the lifestyle beginning with children. They use actors and actresses as the judas goat to lead the young astray.

But the liberals are becoming more and more unhinged. Does anyone else see this as an early sheep being divided from the goats?
Agreed.
I see a dividing line between Christians and everyone else.
We used to be the majority and now we're becoming the remnant.
The secular world has taken over, as far as I can see.

Reactions: Soverign Grace

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus FIXED men's laws. He didn't ENHANCE anything.
All the laws in the OT are from God. Those are NOT men's laws. But what the Jews had done was misuse and abuse those laws by adding to them. Moses warned them not to do so but they did it.

MOSES GAVE "THE COMMANDMENTS OF THE LORD"
Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers giveth you. Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you. (Deut 4:1,2)

So you can now say "I stand corrected".

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
All the laws in the OT are from God. Those are NOT men's laws. But what the Jews had done was misuse and abuse those laws by adding to them. Moses warned them not to do so but they did it.

Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may live, and go in and possess the land which the LORD God of your fathers giveth you. Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you. (Deut 4:1,2)

Could you give a quick read to Leviticus and Deuteronomy,,,
especially Leviticus....
and then come and tell me those are God's rules!

It's a known and accepted fact that some of the rules in the O.T. are NOT OF GOD.
I think that if we understand this we can better understand the O.T.
God didn't sit at a computer and write the bible....
men did under the inspiration of God.
They got some things wrong.

You want some scripture?
I think if you just looked thru Leviticus, you'd see...I know you know it, but look at it with this new thought..

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Also, I think you're causing conflict with your original statement.
You said Jesus could not fix the O.T. because He wrote it.

NOW you're saying that Moses commanded the Isrlts not to add or diminish the word of God and you're saying that they did?

Isn't this a conflict?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you have repeatedly given reason for me to believe you are in some way a Muslim. Perhaps you consider yourself a Christian as well. I would be surprised if you ever renounced Mohamed as a false prophet.
Mohammad was def a false prophet, but I won't say that since we live in a day and age when it's not OK to dis anybody but Jesus.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Also, I think you're causing conflict with your original statement. You said Jesus could not fix the O.T. because He wrote it. NOW you're saying that Moses commanded the Isrlts not to add or diminish the word of God and you're saying that they did? Isn't this a conflict?
OK. Let us go back to square one.
1. Moses was simply a servant of God and a prophet.
2. God gave Israel the Torah (Genesis -Deuteronomy) through Moses.
3. Every word in the Torah is a Word of God. Moses was the scribe.
4. Every commandment in the Torah is a commandment of God.
5. Moses did not add or subtract a single word from the Torah.
6. Then Moses commanded Israel to never add or subtract to the Word of God.
7. In Deuteronomy 4:1,2 Moses told Israel that he was giving them "the commandments of the LORD your God".
8. At the same time, God was giving these commandments through Moses.
9. The commandment in Deuteronomy 24:1,2 was therefore a commandment of God, and Moses was simply the messenger.
10. So when you see the commandments on divorce, they were given by God: 1 When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. 2 And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife.
11. God allowed divorce for only one condition -- "some uncleanness".
12. Christ allowed divorce for only one condition -- adultery (fornication).
13. So what was Jesus rebuking the Pharisees for? Please note what was said by the Pharisees: The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause? (Mt 19:3).
14. "For every cause" is not the same as "some uncleanness". Therefore the Pharisees had misused and abused the Word of God.
15. You are claiming that Jesus was correcting Deuteronomy, when what He was correcting was the false application of the Law of divorce. He rejected "every cause" and said "except it be for fornication".

He also said that God had "allowed" ("suffered you") because of "the hardness of your hearts". Which meant that God was against divorce, but made one "allowance" or exception.

Now do you stand corrected?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
OK. Let us go back to square one.
1. Moses was simply a servant of God and a prophet.
2. God gave Israel the Torah (Genesis -Deuteronomy) through Moses.
3. Every word in the Torah is a Word of God. Moses was the scribe.
4. Every commandment in the Torah is a commandment of God.
5. Moses did not add or subtract a single word from the Torah.
6. Then Moses commanded Israel to never add or subtract to the Word of God.
7. In Deuteronomy 4:1,2 Moses told Israel that he was giving them "the commandments of the LORD your God".
8. At the same time, God was giving these commandments through Moses.
9. The commandment in Deuteronomy 24:1,2 was therefore a commandment of God, and Moses was simply the messenger.
10. So when you see the commandments on divorce, they were given by God: 1 When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. 2 And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife.
11. God allowed divorce for only one condition -- "some uncleanness".
12. Christ allowed divorce for only one condition -- adultery (fornication).
13. So what was Jesus rebuking the Pharisees for? Please note what was said by the Pharisees: The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause? (Mt 19:3).
14. "For every cause" is not the same as "some uncleanness". Therefore the Pharisees had misused and abused the Word of God.
15. You are claiming that Jesus was correcting Deuteronomy, when what He was correcting was the false application of the Law of divorce. He rejected "every cause" and said "except it be for fornication".

He also said that God had "allowed" ("suffered you") because of "the hardness of your hearts". Which meant that God was against divorce, but made one "allowance" or exception.

Now do you stand corrected?
Is it going to give you a special joy to prove me wrong?
LOL

NO. I DON'T STAND CORRECTED YET!

I don't agree with your item 4.
and therein lies the problem.

If you believe GOD gave all the commandments in Leviticus and Deuteronomy, you've been drinking too much kool aid. (I hear others say this-it sounds good!)

I'm not posting scripture.
You've read the O.T.? I believe you have.
You think GOD gave all those rules?

And, again, IF the bill of divorce was correct....
WHY WAS JESUS FIXING IT?

God gave Adam a woman FOREVER...
not until he found some kind of disfavor with her. unclean liness or whatever.
Did you ever hear:

FOR BETTER OR FOR WORSE
IN SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH
TILL DEATH US DO PART

(not screaming, I don't have much time)

You wanna try again?

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's sad the high rate of divorce in this country, people simply don't believe anymore.

This brings me to the topic about Adam and Eve, I've read that in the some Jewish book it's mentioned that Lilith was Adam's first wife, which of course I was never taught that or believe it, the reason she was banished from Eden was that she wanted to be on top and was a type of feminist if you will.

Please don't jump allover me as this is just a curiosity, then she was turned into a succubus and a screeching owl and the owl itself is her symbol.

Forgive me if this is not the thread to post this in, it just came to mind as I read Adam and Eve up above.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please don't jump allover me as this is just a curiosity, then she was turned into a succubus and a screeching owl and the owl itself is her symbol.
Another Jewish fable. And no one should jump all over you for pointing out that this so-called Lilith is indeed a Feminist idol.

Then we have people here claiming that Adam and Eve had many children in the Garden of Eden BEFORE Cain and Abel. Another fable.

Then we have some claiming that Satan had sexual relations with Eve, and they are called "Satan's seed". Another fable.

Then we have the uninformed claiming that Adam and Eve ate an apple when it was not even close to an apple.

Reactions: JohnPaul

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another Jewish fable. And no one should jump all over you for pointing out that this so-called Lilith is indeed a Feminist idol.

Then we have people here claiming that Adam and Eve had many children in the Garden of Eden BEFORE Cain and Abel. Another fable.

Then we have some claiming that Satan had sexual relations with Eve, and they are called "Satan's seed". Another fable.

Then we have the uninformed claiming that Adam and Eve ate an apple when it was not even close to an apple.
I have never heard of Adam and Eve having children before Cain and Abel, though I have heard of the dual seed line of Adam and Eve, where Satan’s seed spawned from Cain and its where the Jews came from and Abel’s seed would be the Christians I’m guessing.

I’ve also heard of the incest factor where in order for Mankind to multiply it was necessary for Cain and Abel to have incestuous relations if they were the only humans alive.

I think them eating the apple was a metaphor, I don’t exactly know the sin they committed except for listening to Lucifer.

I am still learning, though I was raised Catholic and went to Church every Sunday there are many things I wasn’t taught. Thank you Enoch111 for understanding.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's sad the high rate of divorce in this country, people simply don't believe anymore.

This brings me to the topic about Adam and Eve, I've read that in the some Jewish book it's mentioned that Lilith was Adam's first wife, which of course I was never taught that or believe it, the reason she was banished from Eden was that she wanted to be on top and was a type of feminist if you will.

Forgive me if this is not the thread to post this in, it just came to mind as I read Adam and Eve up above.

I've never read about Lilith anywhere in the Bible but I did read that it's used in the occult. There is even clothing given that name. I don't feel comfortable with wearing anything named that.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why are you saying that Adam and Eve didn't eat an apple? That's right in Scripture?

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never heard of Adam and Eve having children before Cain and Abel, though I have heard of the dual seed line of Adam and Eve, where Satan’s seed spawned from Cain and its where the Jews came from and Abel’s seed would be the Christians I’m guessing.

I’ve also heard of the incest factor where in order for Mankind to multiply it was necessary for Cain and Abel to have incestuous relations if they were the only humans alive.

I think them eating the apple was a metaphor, I don’t exactly know the sin they committed except for listening to Lucifer.

I am still learning, though I was raised Catholic and went to Church every Sunday there are many things I wasn’t taught. Thank you Enoch111 for understanding.

I too went to mass week after week, and CCD classes and I didn't know anything. People who are generational Christians don't know how lucky they are. I've been studying the Bible for around 40 years and there is still a lot I don't know. I listened to the dramatized Bible on CD for awhile and I've been wanting to get back into that before going to sleep.

Reactions: JohnPaul